Mr Nick09
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
SuperMAG
guest7
36 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed 23 May 2018, 00:13

Hmm. I'd take Lewa over Benz, but not for 114 mil. I'd rather Lewa go to Chelsea or PSG for that price.

Also if Lewa and Neymar have the same agent, wouldn't he rather his biggest client (Neymar) get the move he wanted (RM) over a new client?

Lots of question marks for me.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 23 May 2018, 00:52

but the agent doesnt control PSG accepting to sell Lewy. For Neymar to be allowed to leave, the Emir in Qatar has to give the ok, otherwise they will block him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 23 May 2018, 23:55

Apparently Ancelotti would be interested in signing Benzema. bah gawd Proud

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Thu 24 May 2018, 00:16; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 24 May 2018, 00:09

Doc wrote:Mbappe makes 18m a year? That's 2 time CL winner, Balon D'or esque salary.

Doc wrote:Honestly, I still prefer Icardi out of any striker out there. His fight, drive and ability to barely touch the ball and still score just appeals to me. Honestly fed up of the Benzema's and Hazard's tbh.

Wait a minute

WAIT A MINUTE......

Doc
D O C
Demon Of Carthage

how did I only just now realize this? It's been your alter ego all this time, preserved for the more martial, righteous and grave of your pronouncements, but the borderlines are starting to blur ffs
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 24 May 2018, 01:06

I am positive I just have one account here and more importantly, one personality. I do have many opinions that always contradict at some point.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu 24 May 2018, 04:10

I can vouch that Doc and Demon of Carthage are two separate entities. ofc, any moderator here can confirm as well

Both were around in that now defunct forum after all.

in any case... icardi? he doesnt havr an outstanding character. hard pass.

rather see martial. or even the lowly Iago Aspas. hes got 20+ goals in la liga this season. 20+ goals in all comps is required to be considered an elite. Aspas should be considered as he already has experience in the league and he has scored on barca before. that merits enough to be considered plus he is a current spanish international.

sure he old in 30 but hes cheaper than lewa, faster and more agile too. and he is already proven in la liga. a quick stopgap solution as we try to figure out who will be succeed the benz. not to mention unlike lewandowski, aspas doeant look like hes slowing down. dude is somethting of a late bloomer.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu 24 May 2018, 12:03

Here's how you can be certain that Doc and I are two separate entities, hans:

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Here's the thing. If you take a close look at history, you'll realize that pretty much every single one of the top three leagues has at some point dominated the knockout rounds of the CL and eventually won the competition at least once every three years. It's usually a short-lived dominance with nothing out of the ordinary.

I had to wait until La Liga's resurgence to see the masterpiece that God had hid for centuries. They came back with a vengeance, riding on the back of the two best players of this generation, to forge a record that shall never be broken until this planet returns to ashes.

They scythed Europe in half with an unprecedented and brutal period of unparalleled dominance, winning 4 CLs in a row and 6 in the last decade alone. And they didn't stop there - they also sent their ruthless generals of Atlético and Sevilla to tear the Europa league to shreds. They won 5 Europa leagues between them in the last 7 years alone.

And believe me, they didn't stop there. They also hold the record of the most semi-finals reached in a row (7) (Real Madrid), and the only league in the world to have two clubs from the same town reach the final of the CL (Real Madrid and Atlético). And they have done it twice...

Still, trust me, they didn't stop there. They also happen to be the only league in the world to have at least, AT LEAST, two teams reaching the semi-final of the CLs more than 4 times in a row.

I answered the original poster's question, but to me it's not even a question. La Liga is light years ahead of the rest, and the brutal dominance it has inflicted upon Europe shall never be matched, whether it's in length (time) or brutality.

I suspect the dominance to fade though, and pretty soon, especially with sponsors showering the EPL with money in a desperate attempt to raise them out of the pathetic state they have been in for almost a decade. If it's not this year, La Liga will fall next year. Yes, There will come a time where another league takes over. But they'll never be able to replicate what La Liga has done. It's a god-like achievement worthy only of La Liga - the land of the Ballon d'Or winners, the greatest league in the world.

Doc wrote:
zigra wrote:There's only one actual league and that is the EPL.

As usual, no respect given for you @Zigra. Jesus wept.

The other DoC doesn't represent the other Doc's on this forum.

I like Doc, he's a well-spoken poster who tries his best to be impartial. But the day he spoke against LaLiga was the day I cut the cord with him. The man is a traitor, a secret agent, a strong advocate of English football. He must die.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 24 May 2018, 14:11

ElConfidencial: RM selling Ceballos back to Betis for 16 millions (what we paid) with a buy back clause
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu 24 May 2018, 14:18

DoC, just a small correction in your details. La liga has three times had CL winner and finalist, the other being R. Madrid - Valencia in 2000.

I know you aren’t discussing earlier generations but la liga esp. R. Madrid was also dominant in early 2000 and of course in late 50s when Euro competition began. It wasn’t like now were several liga teams have done well, but we did have in addition to Real M., Valencia, Deportivo, Real Sociedad, Athletic and Celta and occasionally that Catalan team!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu 24 May 2018, 14:20

Mr Nick09 wrote:ElConfidencial: RM selling Ceballos back to Betis for 16 millions (what we paid) with a buy back clause

...but why?

why bother buying him in the first place?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu 24 May 2018, 14:21

Mr Nick09 wrote:ElConfidencial: RM selling Ceballos back to Betis for 16 millions (what we paid) with a buy back clause

Good good move, both for player and club, plus Betis has EL play next year. I predict we will see a more mature version back in 2020.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 24 May 2018, 14:28

Yup good move for all parties, I know we are interested in Fabian Ruiz but I hope we don't move for him. We need more defensive minded box to box players imo
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 24 May 2018, 14:45

We'll never see Ceballos again imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 24 May 2018, 15:10

relax guys I was obviously just lightly joking about that DOC account thing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 24 May 2018, 18:16

Hapless_Hans wrote:relax guys I was obviously just lightly joking about that DOC account thing

It's like they don't get your humour like I do.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 24 May 2018, 18:17

sportsczy wrote:We'll never see Ceballos again imo.

Also, yeah, seeing Ceballos in a RM jersey was nice while it lasted.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu 24 May 2018, 21:17

Betis is an exciting team. Not a bad downgrade at all.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by phenom Thu 24 May 2018, 21:32

Need to get a full back to cover both sides n send Theo on loan
phenom
phenom
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu 24 May 2018, 21:37

Let’s be honest about this! We never should have brought Ceballos to Madrid this year. It would have been better to leave him at Betis. I think we only did so we wouldn’t lose him to Barca. When he was going to be behind Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Isco, Asensio and Kovacic, there was little chance of him getting a lot of minutes.

But the talent is there. I think most with a couple of notable exceptions have recognized this. At Betis he will start on a decent team and he will get EL play. Selling him back with the option to rebuy is a good deal for club and player. There was some demand for him, but this way Madrid gets to see him develop and have first option to buy if he does develop as I for one expect. I say give him 2 years and by that time Modric will be going, making him the right player at the right time.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu 24 May 2018, 21:37

We should send Theo as far away as possible. I have never thought that we would ever sign a fullback worse than Danilo but this guy literally didn't send one decent cross the entire season
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu 24 May 2018, 21:39

futbol_bill wrote:Let’s be honest about this! We never should have brought Ceballos to Madrid this year. It would have been better to leave him at Betis. I think we only did so we wouldn’t lose him to Barca. When he was going to be behind Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Isco, Asensio and Kovacic, there was little chance of him getting a lot of minutes.

But the talent is there. I think most with a couple of notable exceptions have recognized this. At Betis he will start on a decent team and he will get EL play. Selling him back with the option to rebuy is a good deal for club and player. There was some demand for him, but this way Madrid gets to see him develop and have first option to buy if he does develop as I for one expect. I say give him 2 years and by that time Modric will be going, making him the right player at the right time.

There will be very dark times for sure if we plan on replacing Modric with the likes of Ceballos .
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by phenom Thu 24 May 2018, 21:40

Lol
Horrible season he had
But guy is a horse , will be amazing if he can turn it around

phenom
phenom
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu 24 May 2018, 21:54

We will be in for a shocker in a few years. We got were we got because we bought quality and paid money for quality. If the plan is replacing Marcelo with Hernandez or Modric with Ceballos, it will be bad . We won't find another 60 million pair of world class midfielders. It will probably be closer to 600 than 60. We have to buy the best talents in order to win. Marcelo, Modric, Kroos, Varane, Ramos, Carvajal, Ronaldo are the best players in their positions. We didn't win by going for the best deal but for the best talents.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 24 May 2018, 23:10

Look for the fullbacks if we have more experienced guys then yes it's definitely better for us. But nowadays signing a talented fullback starts at 25-30 mil, and there is no such obvious choice on the market.

I would definitely be better to send them both on loans but I think both happen to be talents. Achraf is a more obvious attacking and technical talent compared to Theo who is all physique. We can keep both and see how they progress, however my solution would be to sign another CB, top quality and use Nacho as security blanket for both LB and RB.

So if Theo and Achraf progress and take their chances well,  then they will play those high pressure CL games when carvajal and Marcelo or out or even fit but we are rotating. If they are not doing well then Nacho is there and we still have a top CB to cover Ramos and Varane.

Continuity is also important for a defense so one new CB is a solution as opposed to wanting 5 changes

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Thu 24 May 2018, 23:20; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu 24 May 2018, 23:18

Valkyrja wrote:We should send Theo as far away as possible. I have never thought that we would ever sign a fullback worse than Danilo but this guy literally didn't send one decent cross the entire season

Danilo was substantially worse, in my opinion. I don't think, and I really hope I'm right in assuming this, that we won't sign a fullback as poor as Danilo in the near future. I would rather play Keylor at RB. My heart can't handle another Danilo.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri 25 May 2018, 10:38

El Confidencial reporting R. Madrid has rebought Oscar Mascarell for 4M. It says the plan is for him to replace Llorente on squad. Not sure whether Llorente will be sold or lent out.

They also saying club is thinking of rebuying Raul de Tomas and letting Mayoral leave (or lent).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next