RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Firenze
guest7
82 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 28 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by Luca Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:39 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Is it true Pastore is giving up the number 10 for him? From what I read it sounded like it wasn't forced and that it was more of a welcoming gift. If true that's a class act, Pastore was PSGs first big money signing of this new PSG/QSG era

Do you think Pastore really had a choice? To be honest though, I thought he retired until I saw the clip of him giving Nerman that shirt number. It is a nice gesture and the right one to make.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 28 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by Perucho21 Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Question though for Barca fans,

why are many labeling him as a traitor? I mean its not like he jumped ship to Madrid. I can think of legitimate reasons why he chose to leave.

Also, i'm pretty sure he's not being honest in those interviews
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:48 pm

Actually there were rumours back in May I believe that Bartomeu considers offloading Neymar because of the lifestyle he leads and such. Obviously Neymar is not a traitor, he has no obligations towards Barca and vice versa.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:53 pm

@vandeez. As if psg werent gonna give it to neymar anyway. Talk bout giving it up before it gets collected from you. Laughing
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:00 pm

NEYMAR PSG SHIRT: French champs charge a staggering £140 each for the No 10 replica shirts with huge queues outside club shops. Fans could not wait to get their hands on their new shirt with their superstars name on it, even if they ran out of pockets.

Last edited by Bankz on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:02 pm

guys guys

Pastore is a smart merchant , this is known

he traded the once in a lifetime honor of being Milan's next 10 after Kaka for early retirement at PSG

this is simply him taking care of his business , Neymar is going to be the man of the house and work for their money there anyway , he does it so he's at least comfortable when playing the games meanwhile he sits on that comfy bench of gold , enjoying watching Neymar stuff and making easy top money

Besides , what good is a number on your back when only the bench sees it? Shrewd move there imo , now he'll play some 15-20 games tops , mostly off the bench against scrubs and call it a day in a few years , after his legs will be suffering from atrophy from all this time at the bench

but yea good gesture imo
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Interman Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:17 pm

What did he say in the end of the press conference? I didn't understand.

edit: nvm.

Last edited by Interman on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:22 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Question though for Barca fans,

why are many labeling him as a traitor? I mean its not like he jumped ship to Madrid. I can think of legitimate reasons why he chose to leave.

Also, i'm pretty sure he's not being honest in those interviews

Its the same as some Juve fans labeling Pogba a traitor. Its just fan stuff.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Interman Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:28 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Is it true Pastore is giving up the number 10 for him? From what I read it sounded like it wasn't forced and that it was more of a welcoming gift.  If true that's a class act, Pastore was PSGs first big money signing of this new PSG/QSG era

Pastore would easily give up his shirt for Neymar. I believe most PSG players must be overjoyed to have Neymar joining. In fact, whole of France is going crazy over this transfer. He is the biggest superstar to come to France, like ever. (Ibra was nearing the end of his career when he came, while Neymar is about to reach his prime years).

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:52 pm

LOL @ people believing that Pastore is glade to be stripped of his #10 shirt rofl

Pastore was give the option to save face and pretending to welcome Nerman by offering his shirt. PSG paid 222m and can't have some scrub hogging the most prized shirt # for an attacking player.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:18 pm

This has no importance at all, Pastore simply took back his former number, why would he care ? #10 is the best selling jersey, usually goes to the best player of the team. I like Pastore as a player but he is over 9000 times less marketable than Neymar. So this explains that.

The biggest question i ask myself is: Zlatan Ibrahimovic is QSG's all time scorer at 156 goals. Cavani has 130 and 3 years left of contract. Will Neymar surpass them ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:20 pm

If he stays a significant amount of time, yes. Neymar is about to destroy ligue 1.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:23 pm

I don't know about the quality of individual defenders, but there is much more bus parking and negative tactics in LoL 1.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:23 pm

Maybe. Ligue 1 defenses are not worst than La Liga, but Zlatan had vacations in this league.

But i can't see Neymar scoring 35+ per season like Ibra did.

Sorry i deleted my post before u replied.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Interman Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:34 pm

nasir6371 wrote:LOL @ people believing that Pastore is glade to be stripped of his #10 shirt rofl

Pastore  was give the option to save face and pretending to welcome Nerman by offering his shirt. PSG paid 222m and can't have some scrub hogging the most prized shirt # for an attacking player.

your probably right, but maybe Pastore knew before hand, and just offered his shirt before anyone even asked him. lol

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:35 pm

PSG is too stacked. If Ibra and Cavani are doing this sort of damage, expect Neymar to dominate. He is younger so he'll have years (if he stays) to surpass Ibra's numbers even with less goals per season.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Maybe this time PSG will win the leauge Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:31 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo’s heartfelt thank-you letter to PSG

Neymar’s move to PSG has particularly delighted one man who felt the need to express his gratitude

Dear PSG,

I love you. I love you more than I ever thought I could love a club that I have no intention of ever playing for.

You see, after winning La Liga for the second time and the Champions League for the third time with Real Madrid last season, I was still feeling very sad. The Spanish government decided to come after me for evading more taxes than Messi. Portugal finished third at the Confederations Cup because my teammates watched too many videos of Argentina taking penalties. I apparently ordered a couple of babies that arrived out of nowhere, so I have to take care of them now. And Real Madrid were letting my friends leave the club while Barcelona seemed to be on the verge of signing Marco Verratti. I felt the world was conspiring against me and that no one could possibly be suffering more than I was in that moment.

But then I heard the rumors of you signing Neymar. I must admit that I ignored them at first. I had heard similar rumors about myself and Messi in years past and they were rubbish, so I assumed this was more of the same. But they persisted. And with each passing day of Neymar not proclaiming his undying loyalty to Barca, my bottomless sadness began to dissolve away.

Then, after weeks of distracting Barcelona from making their own preparations for the new season, it happened. You signed Neymar for more than double the world record fee. When you finally made the announcement, I felt a joy I had not felt since I willed Eder to score the winning goal in the Euro 2016 final. This deal has everything I could have dreamed of and more. It weakened and embarrassed my biggest competitor in La Liga and the Champions League. It gave me a reason to get more money from Real Madrid. It made Pique look almost as dumb as he actually is. It showed that Messi, Neymar and Suarez aren’t the three perfect best friends forever. It puts Neymar in a second-rate league where he can’t win the Ballon d’Or. And it all but guarantees me every trophy I could possibly want for the next several years.

For all of this, I must say thank you. This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. You can’t imagine how painful it was for me to watch Barcelona come back from 4-0 down to beat you in the Champions League last season and this more than makes up for that. I wish there was some way I could repay you for this wonderful gift, but, again, I have no intention of ever playing for you. So I have included one free ticket to the Cristiano Ronaldo Museum instead. It expires in a week, so use it as soon as you’re finished with the Neymar stuff. You’re welcome.

Happily not yours,

Cristiano

P.S. Please forgive Florentino Perez for not writing to express his gratitude, as well. Ever since the announcement he’s been laughing so hard that he’s finding it hard to breathe.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:34 pm

I really like this move for him honestly. Sooner or later, he was always going to want to get out of Messi's shadow. This is a good way of doing it.

Ligue 1 itself may not be much of a challenge for him, but winning the CL with a Ligue 1 team definitely is.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:37 pm

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Le-psg-a-vendu-10-000-maillots-de-neymar-en-une-seule-journee/823165

Neymar shirts when on sale today and PSG already sold 10k in just a a few hours... for a net revenue of over 1 mil euros. only 221 to go Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Le-psg-a-vendu-10-000-maillots-de-neymar-en-une-seule-journee/823165

Neymar shirts when on sale today and PSG already sold 10k in just a a few hours... for a net revenue of over 1 mil euros. only 221 to go Laughing

Clubs don't make much money from shirt sales mate. Only a small percentage. Most of what they make on shirts has already been paid upfront for the year by Nike. How do you suppose Nike will make their money if the shirt sales are going to PSG as well? Laughing

Doesn't matter how many shirts they sell, that's almost entirely Nike's money.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Still taking about shirt sales in 2017 smh
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Interman Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:41 am

Dante wrote:guys guys

Pastore is a smart merchant , this is known

he traded the once in a lifetime honor of being Milan's next 10 after Kaka for early retirement at PSG

this is simply him taking care of his business , Neymar is going to be the man of the house and work for their money there anyway , he does it so he's at least comfortable when playing the games meanwhile he sits on that comfy bench of gold , enjoying watching Neymar stuff and making easy top money

Besides , what good is a number on your back when only the bench sees it? Shrewd move there imo , now he'll play some 15-20 games tops , mostly off the bench against scrubs and call it a day in a few years , after his legs will be suffering from atrophy from all this time at the bench

but yea good gesture imo

lmao

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:29 pm

The whole parc des princes screaming Neymar! Neymar!! Neymar!!! What a reception, papi neymar even crying in the stands ffs. #GOAT
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:37 pm

OFFICIAL: Neymar not in the squad to face amiens as the spanish FA did not send his certificate on time to LFP. God, these guys are just high level douche bags. Anyway, neymar debute will now be in 7 days time (next weekend).
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:41 pm

Brazil media going crazy about it and it's only his presentation. In World Cup season all attention in Brazil will be on Neymar every game.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next