footyfan01
BarrileteCosmico
zigra
LeVersacci
M99
38 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 12 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:24 am

Before I get on the battle I have to say I loved every scene from the episode. I really liked the reunions with Bran and Sansa. When they were all together in the Winterfell courtyard, that was beautiful Proud

But the coolest thing was Arya sparring with Brienne, what a unique style to fight and Arya totally proved she could take almost everyone if she has Needle-- loved the choreography.

Saddest thing was seeing Bran (or should I call him the 3 eyed raven) being so cold towards Meera who has been such a faithful friend for years. I hope she and her dad return in S8.

The Dragonstone cave scene was really good too, Kit and Emilia have great chemistry. Dany is getting closer to understanding the real threat which is probably why she so hurriedly wants to win the Throne now so she can unite everyone against the White Walkers.

As for the battle itself, just epic. You can understand better now why Robert Baratheon was so terrified of Dothrakis in Westeros. They are a real force in open battle. The tension when Jaime and Bronn heard the Dothraki screamers was chilling. Not to mention Drogon's entrance.... she smashed that *bleep* ballista to pieces, loved it. It's the first time since the Battle of the Blackwater where I didn't know for who to root. How can I root against Jaime who was freaking charging at Dany and Drogon one handed all like the baddest *bleep* in Westeros. And Bronn nearly Bard-ing Drogon as well. There are really no words to describe what I felt during that sequence.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 12 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by silver Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:21 am

I actually found the Winterfell scenes quite cringe-worthy. Especially Arya's "Do I have to call you Lady Stark now?".

The battle was amazing. Not going to lie - screamed in delight seeing the Lannister soldiers get annihilated. Thought Drogon was going to die for a second. That would have been way too easy. Jaime and Bronn should have died about 5 times in that battle - too much plot armour.

I also liked how they teased us with Jon saying don't use the dragons. Nek minute...

So how many armies / men could possibly be still alive right now?

North - Robb took 20,000 men south and got slaughtered. Jon said 10,000 left, or fewer. Does that include the Wilding army and the knights of the vale?

Riverlands - Freys are gone. Some Tully forces remain but Edmure a prisoner.

Westerlands - surely most perished at Casterly Rock against Unsullied and now Dothraki / Drogon.

Reach - Tyrell loyalist killed last episode. Tarly forces killed this episode.

Stormlands - Most went with Stannis to the wall and either dead or in the North.

Iron Islands - Euron still has about half the Iron Island's army.

Dorne - Unharmed but no leader???

silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:50 am

What a episode FFS. That Dothraki entry though :bow: . Goosebumps.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:17 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
-The Arya/Brienne fight scene was a bit ridiculous as well. Arya's needle thin sword wouldn't be able to parry a blow from a broadsword like Brienne's any more than a stick would, just wouldn't have the mass to do anything against it unless Arya is ridiculously stronger than Brienne, which she's not.

Thank you!

silver wrote:
North - Robb took 20,000 men south and got slaughtered. Jon said 10,000 left, or fewer. Does that include the Wilding army and the knights of the vale?
Riverlands - Freys are gone. Some Tully forces remain but Edmure a prisoner.
Westerlands - surely most perished at Casterly Rock against Unsullied and now Dothraki / Drogon.
Dorne - Unharmed but no leader???
Jon really shouldn't count the knights of the vale as they are not his. They are controlled by Littlefinger/Arryn.
There should actually be Freys left as Arya killed men only iirc.
Thought the point of Casterly Rock was that they didn't have the army there, only a few people. They must have lost soldiers taking Highgarden though. Probably not too much left.
Dorne should have new leaders by now but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see them again.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Bronn is MVP

hope he survives the series

that Arya scene, more fanservice unrealistic BS

but I'm glad Brienne got rustled and was on the end of it herself for once, justice Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:09 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
But the coolest thing was Arya sparring with Brienne, what a unique style to fight and Arya totally proved she could take almost everyone if she has Needle-- loved the choreography.

Saddest thing was seeing Bran (or should I call him the 3 eyed raven) being so cold towards Meera who has been such a faithful friend for years. I hope she and her dad return in S8.

1. It's interesting that some people really loved this when I had the opposite reaction. I found the whole thing so unrealistic and tough to believe. That Arya is going to Brienne for skill in training, when clearly their styles are so different and little of what Brienne could teach Arya would actually be useful to her. That Arya's paper thin sword could actually be used to parry. Arya's showmanship and needlessly complicated moves kind of annoyed me too. Like, I believe in the right situation Arya would be able to take down Brienne, but not in a hand to hand duel.

2. Agreed, Bran is dead to me.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Loved the Arya scene. If going to believe that there are dragons, zombies, prophecies, people reviving and magic, I'm ready to believe that a little girl became badass enough to fight a grown woman.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:39 pm

I thought Brienne versus Arya was going to be the Mountain versus Oberyn 2.0

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Loved the Arya/Brienne scene as well. It was designed to show how far Arya has come and I think it did that really well. It should be clear now that she's not just some little girl anymore. She's something else entirely to the point that even a full-fledged warrior of Brienne's stature may have difficulty against her.

I would agree that S1 Arya trying to do this would be ridiculous, but S7 Arya is simply not to be underestimated, even by Brienne.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:22 pm

Was Brienne using Oathkeeper? If she was, it should have chopped Needle in half considering it destroyed normal swords in the series.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:26 pm

She was using a dull training sword
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:32 pm

Exactly lol. Why would she use oathkeeper to train some random scrub.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:41 pm

3 episodes legt, correct?

Do we know how long the last episode is going to be? @Urby
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Episode 5: 59 minutes.
Episode 6: 71 minutes.
Episode 7: 81 minutes.

Laughing Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Holy shit :bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:59 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

1. It's interesting that some people really loved this when I had the opposite reaction. I found the whole thing so unrealistic and tough to believe. That Arya is going to Brienne for skill in training, when clearly their styles are so different and little of what Brienne could teach Arya would actually be useful to her. That Arya's paper thin sword could actually be used to parry. Arya's showmanship and needlessly complicated moves kind of annoyed me too. Like, I believe in the right situation Arya would be able to take down Brienne, but not in a hand to hand duel.

2. Agreed, Bran is dead to me.

What I liked about the sparring scene was Arya's tactics and fighting style.

She hid her hands behind her back not allowing Brienne to know her next move, unlike everyone else she doesn't underestimate Brienne because "she's a woman" which is a big advantage for Brienne all the time, she stays close to Brienne blocking her reach with the sword but that also backfired when Brienne kicked her on the ground showing the importance of strength in a fight.

I enjoyed the contrast fighting styles they both showed, especially Arya because we never truly saw a Bravosi fight aside from Syrio and in the fighting pit.

I also loved the mutual respect these two had for each other in the end, making this one of my favourite scenes in Game of Thrones.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:23 pm

Everything in this episode was a long time coming. Absolutely amazing. Probably in my top 4 right now with 609-10 and Viper episode.

God damn.

Imagine if Jaime died in that cliffhanger rofl

Actually really thought Emilia Clarke's acting was much much better this episode. She was actually good. Hopefully it continues these three episodes.

Jon getting Stannis'd by Davos was such a good meta joke.

Just need that Rheagar reveal now ffs
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:37 pm

Just re-watched it. *bleep* hell. Drogon entering the battle is one of the GOAT scenes in all 7 seasons. That hype. Soldiers left stunned. Jaime looking helpless. That music. That atmosphere. :bow:

Davos was hilarious this episode lmao.

That sexual tension between Jon and Daenerys in the cave Laughing

Bran is so OP ffs. Guy is definitely end game trump card.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:37 pm

"Rickon, right?"
"Dickon"

rofl rofl rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Loved the Mulan references all over.

Bronn det like Mulan in that last scene. While the Doth'raki was the Hun's.

Such a *bleep* amazing scene.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:03 pm

Why didn't Jaime just throw the *bleep* spear http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/rsz_tqharym.png
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:03 pm

Dany better armor up her dragons now that she knows Cersei's ballista trick.

Still would find it lame if a dragon dies to a damn ballista
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Agreed with Freeza, Emilia Clarke's acting was better this episode. Maybe the chemistry with Kit is helping her step up her game.

Loved the Arya sparring scene.

Wouldn't say it's an all time GOAT episode, but that battle scene was quite good. Loved how they teased three major players coming close to dying - Drogon, Dany and Jaime.

Tyrion's face while watching the Dothraki go wild on the Lannisters :sad: but great acting again from Dinklage
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:16 pm

LeVersacci wrote:Dany better armor up her dragons now that she knows Cersei's ballista trick.

Still would find it lame if a dragon dies to a damn ballista

I thought they would get one to be honest. Leaves two dragons, one for Jon and one for Dany hmm

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:20 pm

A dragon has 3 heads
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Gonna name my first son Dickon tbh
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next