footyfan01
BarrileteCosmico
zigra
LeVersacci
M99
38 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 7 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:37 am

I don't think Sam's work is done.

The scrolls he was given to copy are most likely about White Walkers and how to effectively stop them.

That's why they were so old, because they've not been around for that long a time.

Sam has a big role to play with these scrolls.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 7 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by zigra Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:53 am

Anyway, the Iron Bank investing in slave trade is great banter.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:30 am

zigra wrote:Anyway, the Iron Bank investing in slave trade is great banter.
Did they ever say they were former slaves in the show or is it just in the books?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:42 am

I'm not 100% sure but the show-wiki says so and it also states their hate of slavery.
However to be fair he never actually said they did invest in it. Still weird for Cercei to assume they did if they didn't.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:09 am

Lord V hates Mellisandre because she's a fire worshipper and some fire demon spoke to him after his master cut his nuts off I think.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:26 am

The difference between Cersei's acting and Daenerys Laughing Laughing It's like Prime Real madrid playing against a sunday league team.

Daenerys probably gave the most irrelevant and cringe worthy speech of all time. That had no relevance to anything.

Meanwhile that Cersei scene in the dungeon ffs :bow: :bow: Masterclass acting by Lena Headey. The hate and contempt in her voice.

Loved Euron this episode. Died at the advice scene rofl

Lannisters gaining back control. Daenerys getting Ls after Ls. Will she unleash the dragons? Jon will probably rescue her somehow. Most likely with his council.

Waiting for a scene where one of the dragons bow down to Jon ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:27 am

ES wrote:

-Bran and Sansa was touching, why does he need to speak to Jon though?

Tell him about his parentage.

Agreed with Mclewis on Bran.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:50 am

Jon gonna ride Rheagal by season 8. Can't wait.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:28 am

Daenerys' ridiculous speech sums up mostly why I never liked her.

Dany: "your ancestor swore an oath to mine so you have to bow and be happy to follow me"
Jon: "... your dad burned my grandfather and uncle alive"
Dany: "... I cannot be held responsible for my father's actions"

But you know... you, the nameless bastard, should be responsible for the actions of a Stark ancestor 300 years ago. It was basically the Sansa speech but even worse. Its hilarious that since Dany doesn't seem to acknowledge that being a bastard means you have no birthright, Jon actually is the rightful king of Westeros.

If Cersei wasn't such a monster I'd want Dany to fail. Jon is the only character in power worth a damn from a moral point of view.

Fantastic episode. Each has been better than the last so far. Olenna being a badass was great. She got the ball rolling for Jaime to leave Cersei imo. Telling him how much a pos she was, then telling him that she killed Joffrey. If Cersei wasn't so blinded by hate of her own brother, Tyrion, then Jaime's life would 1000x better. Myrcella would be alive, Tyrion would be around, Casterly Rock wouldn't have fallen, Tywin would be alive. He now knows that Cersei brought all this tragedy onto herself and him.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:03 am

Great episode, agreed.

Cersei has reached the no shame stage and now she's ruthless and it's beautiful. She is on a winning streak, so expect some Dany wins in the next couple episodes, only for Team Cersei to come thru in the clutch to finish Dany.

Jon makes me so happy refusing to bow down to that false Queen.

These mini-Stark reunions keep on being a good hilarity showcasing if one recollects what all the poor little basterds have been through Laughing
Jon - is a dead man walking again (he has such profoundness in his voice these days after he was brought back to life, has anyone else noticed?)
Bran - is 180 year old OG living in 10 year old's body
Sansa - has been filthed up with so much distraught and tragedy, but she's the older sister so she has to take it on the chin
Arya - also has seen a fair share of tragedy, the biggest one I guess one could say in watching the death of her father, her little mind couldn't make sense of it so now she has become partly no-one.

Why did @ES mention Bronn was in this episode, where? hmm

Next episode has more Dany and Dragons from what I saw, and no The Hound and co.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:11 am

Bronn was riding with Jaime when they took highgarden.

@ElGunner the Stark reunions are hilarious from Sansa POV.

Jon: "I actually died and a god brought me back to fight the undead."
Rickon: "Hi, I'm about to die"
Bran: "I'm an omnipresent demigod with no interest in socializing now"
Arya: "I am no one"
Sansa: "... *bleep*"
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:47 am

I mean Jesus Christ Bran there is surely a better way to tell your older sister about your powers than saying she looked beautiful the night she got raped.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:25 pm

Yeah BRAN WTF. I thought he was off already from their meeting where Sansa was on the verge of tears and he was just like "oh hi there". But to remind her of her rape was just cruel, there were better ways to convey that point.

Great episode. Tyrion making more blunders than Theresa May, ridiculous how fast Dany went from overpowered to underdog. Her only hope now are the dragons and Dothraki, but how's she going to get them to mainland Westeros without a fleet?

Can't wait for Jorah to depose Tyrion as hand.

Also is Jon retarded? "I must go to Dragonstone to get Dragonglass" - proceeds to never mention dragonglass until prompted to by Tyrion.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:36 pm

I've had time to mull it over. I gave him a chance and I waited to see where his character was going but it's done. I've decided that Euron is officially a crap character.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:10 am

Pls expand
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:16 am

rincon wrote:Olenna being a badass was great. She got the ball rolling for Jaime to leave Cersei imo. Telling him how much a pos she was, then telling him that she killed Joffrey. If Cersei wasn't so blinded by hate of her own brother, Tyrion, then Jaime's life would 1000x better. Myrcella would be alive, Tyrion would be around, Casterly Rock wouldn't have fallen, Tywin would be alive. He now knows that Cersei brought all this tragedy onto herself and him.

She might have precipitated it but I think the show has been hinting at Jamie's disillusionment with Cersei for a while now
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:42 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Pls expand

I can see how my original statement left something to be desired.

Very well. I agree with what a lot of people have said about Euron. My main problems are with how he received so little time to have his story develop. Instead, we had to put up with the damn Sand Snakes. So Euron bursts onto the scene and is supposed to be this mega-badass but I just don't buy it. He's too quick to be the most ruthless attempt at a Ramsay successor.

He's a poor man's cross of Jack Sparrow and Ramsay except when he goes full into the theatrics it comes across as a recycled version of what every villain has tried to do since Heath Ledger played the joker. To me it's just vulgar attempts at being badass but looking like a drunk 80s disco bandleader.

Basically, I feel he wasn't fleshed out enough, I think his attempt at swagger is boring and that the show didn't need him to be so unnecessarily psychotic without any explanation. Positives, he killed the sand snakes but that was so very clearly the writers attempting to right a wrong and push a new character up in likability.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:17 am

I agree with your assessment but I would counter that he is much improved over last season (he has gone from bad to average and sometimes fun to watch) and that there simply is not enough time left for building a real villain anymore. Not sure what more could he expected out of this, we are 12 episodes from the end or so.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:21 am

The Bran memes are killing me rofl

"A philosophy major who got back home after a semester abroad" rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:25 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I agree with your assessment but I would counter that he is much improved over last season (he has gone from bad to average and sometimes fun to watch) and that there simply is not enough time left for building a real villain anymore. Not sure what more could he expected out of this, we are 12 episodes from the end or so.

I agree he's improved. Last season wasn't believable at all. The advice scene made me laugh too. Just don't like him much overall but not to the degree that it distracts me from the show. The first three episodes have been fantastic and it's only getting better. I'm glad that it's all focused on the players who are already in the game and shit is starting to get real. Not much time to flesh out new characters anyway.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:10 am

Euron is a comic relief character.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:17 am

RealGunner wrote:Euron is a comic relief character.

Who isn't?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:41 am

Surprised Dany didn't include "Killer of Khals" in her title introduction
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:42 am

One of the best scenes in television history

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:00 am

You guys think Jon will help Dany against team Cersei now that Dany has lost the Greyjoy, martells, Tyrells & unsullied being stuck?

She still has the dothrakis which IIRC is huge and ofc the dragons.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:07 am

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 7 MNv0MU88yyplv5m5SJBIiGNOl86qUQeChljmiDMj_-c
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next