footyfan01
BarrileteCosmico
zigra
LeVersacci
M99
38 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 16 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Glory Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:16 am

Blue Barrett wrote:JON IS NOT A BASTARD! YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Main man Dickon died too soon though Sad

Yea Randyll Tarly dying was understandable but Dickon, like wtf. Dick move by the lad to accompany his father.

Also, I can see Sam doing something we won't end up liking. The whole 'He is a good lad' line is probably some foreshadowing. Ygritte killed Olly's parents and the kid avenged their death by killing Ygritte, Jon's lover.
Here, Dany killed Sam's father and brother. And it does seem Dany has a fondness for Jon.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 16 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:14 am

Glory wrote:

Yea Randyll Tarly dying was understandable but Dickon, like wtf. Dick move by the lad to accompany his father.

Also, I can see Sam doing something we won't end up liking. The whole 'He is a good lad' line is probably some foreshadowing. Ygritte killed Olly's parents and the kid avenged their death by killing Ygritte, Jon's lover.
Here, Dany killed Sam's father and brother. And it does seem Dany has a fondness for Jon.

Sam didn't exactly like his father and brother though. They bullied him a lot. I'm sure he'll be sad about their death but I doubt it'll drive him with enough rage to try to kill Dany.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:46 am

Hmm. Still feel there's a pattern developing. After all everything happening in GoT or Asoif for that matter has happened in one or way or the other in the past. GRRM is a big fan of the idea of history repeating itself it safe to assume.

Gendry forging Robert's hammer is also interesting. Another Battle of the trident in some capacity may happen in the future too who knows.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:12 am

Was waiting for 'the fellowship of the ring wall' tagline at the end.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:53 am

The all star lineup :bow:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:38 pm

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 16 Squad10

John not going back to say hi to Bran and Arye smh
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Hope Arya kills Sansa & LF tbh

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:24 pm

So who is dying from that squad?

Really hard to say. I'd say Tormund, Berric, Thoros and Jorah are dead. Gendry and Jon survive. The Hound 50/50

Little finger needs to die asap. Need Sansa and Arya to straighten up and for Arya to kill him.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:27 pm

Also, Jaime just get more and more hopeless. Not certain anymore that he'll ever betray and kill Cersei. Too much of an idiot.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:53 pm

Well, carrying her kid certainly complicates things. And the chance to be a real father out in the open.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:01 pm

Cersei will get an abortion from Qyburn and Jamie will kill her for being the reason his 3 (4) children have died. Combined with her being a horrible monster.

She might not even be pregnant.

She will not get another child by any means. She's all about fulfilling that prophecy she received when she was a child
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Glory wrote:

Sam didn't exactly like his father and brother though. They bullied him a lot. I'm sure he'll be sad about their death but I doubt it'll drive him with enough rage to try to kill Dany.

I don't think Dickon ever bullied Sam. Last season you could see he wanted to talk to him and be friendly but was scared shitless of his father.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:00 pm

Dickon was obviously a good kid and way too honourable. Father was a prick and deserved worse than what he got.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:29 pm

Jaime and Bronn emerging far from where they entered the water, Jaime still in armor etc

plot hole
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:43 pm

Firenze wrote:Jaime and Bronn emerging far from where they entered the water, Jaime still in armor etc

plot hole

Bronn Phelps is no joke. Swam kilometres underwater with Jaime
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Anyone else think the wight they'll bring back to KL will be one from the all star lineup?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:00 pm

https://i.imgur.com/3ZFMIlC.jpg

Did the writers tell Jon the WW won't attack till he got all side quests completed or is his plan just not the best idea we've ever seen? hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:35 pm

What's a better plan? they don't have enough men in the north. The only chance is to have help from Dany. She can't help until Cersei stops make everyone's life impossible.

So its either find a way to bring these people together, or fight alone and surely die. It's reasonable.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:36 pm

I wonder why the White Walkers are actually taking so long to attack.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:51 pm

Prob was busy building the army
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:52 pm

was thinking earlier, the whitewalkers have been around for thousands of years, doing what? just chilling beyond the wall? did I miss something we got told in the show? I know they were building an army but that shouldn't take thousands of years, wildlings had lived beyond the wall for a long time, could have easily wiped them all out years ago
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:54 pm

Firenze wrote:was thinking earlier, the whitewalkers have been around for thousands of years, doing what? just chilling beyond the wall? did I miss something we got told in the show? I know they were building an army but that shouldn't take thousands of years, wildlings had lived beyond the wall for a long time, could have easily wiped them all out years ago

Maybe Bran is finally the reason they can attack.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:57 pm

The wall is protected by magic. They might have been searching for the horn?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:06 pm

yeah we still dont know how they can cross. Bran's sign, the horn, something has changed.

Last edited by rincon on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:14 pm

At this point I have decided to just enjoy whatever's coming my way really. Tyrion going from Dragonstone to KL,having a touching reunion with his brother and then back to Dragonstone just like that. Damn too easy and convenient. Its pointless talking about plot holes anymore.

Now its more of a Hollywood style popcorn flick clearly favoring the main characters and keeping them alive for the final showdown. Ever since Olenna revealed the truth about Joffrey's murder and told Jaime to tell Cersie, it was clear as a day nothing will happen to Jaime (even if its a bloody dragon, or getting drowned with armour on his body that stands in his way) till he completes that mission. Its that easy and obvious now the writing. GoT used to be damn unpredictable once upon a time. Now its not sadly.

So I guess the best solution is to suspend disbelief and simply enjoy the damn thing while it lasts. View it purely as a spectacle.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:25 pm

Glory wrote:At this point I have decided to just enjoy whatever's coming my way really. Tyrion going from Dragonstone to KL,having a touching reunion with his brother and then back to Dragonstone just like that. Damn too easy and convenient. Its pointless talking about plot holes anymore.

Now its more of a Hollywood style popcorn flick clearly favoring the main characters and keeping them alive for the final showdown. Ever since Olenna revealed the truth about Joffrey's murder and told Jaime to tell Cersie, it was clear as a day nothing will happen to Jaime (even if its a bloody dragon, or getting drowned with armour on his body that stands in his way) till he completes that mission. Its that easy and obvious now the writing. GoT used to be damn unpredictable once upon a time. Now its not sadly.

So I guess the best solution is to suspend disbelief and simply enjoy the damn thing while it lasts. View it purely as a spectacle.

What irked me was how rushed the Jaime-Tyrion reunion was, especially because how well the actors acted. Should have been one of the best moments of the season but it ended abrupt as hell.

And seriously, no scene of Tyrion and Bronn?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next