footyfan01
BarrileteCosmico
zigra
LeVersacci
M99
38 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 17 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by M99 Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:25 pm

Glory wrote:At this point I have decided to just enjoy whatever's coming my way really. Tyrion going from Dragonstone to KL,having a touching reunion with his brother and then back to Dragonstone just like that. Damn too easy and convenient. Its pointless talking about plot holes anymore.

Now its more of a Hollywood style popcorn flick clearly favoring the main characters and keeping them alive for the final showdown. Ever since Olenna revealed the truth about Joffrey's murder and told Jaime to tell Cersie, it was clear as a day nothing will happen to Jaime (even if its a bloody dragon, or getting drowned with armour on his body that stands in his way) till he completes that mission. Its that easy and obvious now the writing. GoT used to be damn unpredictable once upon a time. Now its not sadly.

So I guess the best solution is to suspend disbelief and simply enjoy the damn thing while it lasts. View it purely as a spectacle.

What irked me was how rushed the Jaime-Tyrion reunion was, especially because how well the actors acted. Should have been one of the best moments of the season but it ended abrupt as hell.

And seriously, no scene of Tyrion and Bronn?

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 17 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:38 pm

That in form FUT lineup for Team North, holy shit :bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:54 pm

M99 wrote:
Glory wrote:At this point I have decided to just enjoy whatever's coming my way really. Tyrion going from Dragonstone to KL,having a touching reunion with his brother and then back to Dragonstone just like that. Damn too easy and convenient. Its pointless talking about plot holes anymore.

Now its more of a Hollywood style popcorn flick clearly favoring the main characters and keeping them alive for the final showdown. Ever since Olenna revealed the truth about Joffrey's murder and told Jaime to tell Cersie, it was clear as a day nothing will happen to Jaime (even if its a bloody dragon, or getting drowned with armour on his body that stands in his way) till he completes that mission. Its that easy and obvious now the writing. GoT used to be damn unpredictable once upon a time. Now its not sadly.

So I guess the best solution is to suspend disbelief and simply enjoy the damn thing while it lasts. View it purely as a spectacle.

What irked me was how rushed the Jaime-Tyrion reunion was, especially because how well the actors acted. Should have been one of the best moments of the season but it ended abrupt as hell.

You do realise they don't have much time left, right? No point spending too many minutes when you can achieve the same point in less time. I personally have no problem with the Jaime-Tyrion reunion. Didn't need to see Bronn-Tyrion either. We have bigger fish to fry.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:55 pm

What did piss me off was Sam just not paying attention to Gilly's nuclear bomb though. How can you just brush over that just like that???? And why hasn't Bran sent a raven to Jon telling him about it?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:43 pm

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 17 7ly3349qcpfz
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:53 pm

rincon wrote:What's a better plan? they don't have enough men in the north. The only chance is to have help from Dany. She can't help until Cersei stops make everyone's life impossible.

So its either find a way to bring these people together, or fight alone and surely die. It's reasonable.

Take the dragons, destroy the red keep, go North.
Seriously we're talking about many months of travel. The WW might have a reason not to attack but Jon doesn't know about it. He's traveling thousands of miles up and down while the enemy is chilling right in front of his base.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Littlefinger playing 3D chess with Arya is so annoying. Why hasn't Bran given Arya and Sansa the info he has ffs?

right? SO annoying as *bleep*. It feels like they're just giving them something to do while Jon is away. Hopefully at the end they just kill off Littlefinger. He is a shadow of what he used to be. *bleep* creepy paedophile.

ANY WAY on more happier notes:
"I haven't given you permission to leave." rofl rofl
She so got her panties wet sharing presence with Jon. This whole episode basically just showed how impressed she is with him. Got to hand it to her Emilia Clarke, it takes some potential romance scenes to get her acting properly. And Jon, stone cold faced as ever, never fails. Love it. Jon is the real MVP with that reveal by Gilly now as well. The true king of the throne Molenation

Gendry Proud ffs, if all else fails, at least he has a claim to the throne as well

"Dead men, dragons and dragon queens... whatever stands in our way, we will defeat it. For ourselves, for our house. For this."
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:17 pm

Freeza wrote:Cersei will get an abortion from Qyburn and Jamie will kill her for being the reason his 3 (4) children have died. Combined with her being a horrible monster.

She might not even be pregnant.

She will not get another child by any means. She's all about fulfilling that prophecy she received when she was a child

Thoroughly impressed with the thought process here . Well , the last sentence isn't really anything new if you've read theories before , especially after what has already happened in the show .. but the rest and how you presented the above based on that prophecy , man it felt like i read a spoiler or something , well said . I think you've nailed it tbh , it makes sense either way

Can't wait ffs

also the suicide squad on the wall , shit just got real Proud . I felt they needed some more time together on the screen , at least i would have liked that , some getting to know each other better , some banter maybe , what a goat squad ffs.

Freeza any thoughts on this mission , would be really interested to hear what you have to say on this
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Considering the amount of teleporting going on, that several episodes will be the longest in HBO history, and that they're just rushing through seemingly big moments (Jorah and Jon have much to talk about yet all we get is 15 seconds of Jon saying he knew his father?), they could've given us a full season. Feel cheated by D&D.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:33 pm

zigra wrote:
rincon wrote:What's a better plan? they don't have enough men in the north. The only chance is to have help from Dany. She can't help until Cersei stops make everyone's life impossible.

So its either find a way to bring these people together, or fight alone and surely die. It's reasonable.

Take the dragons, destroy the red keep, go North.
Seriously we're talking about many months of travel. The WW might have a reason not to attack but Jon doesn't know about it. He's traveling thousands of miles up and down while the enemy is chilling right in front of his base.

The dragons aren't Jon's. Dany definitely doesn't fully believe in the white walkers. The proof is basically as much for her as it is for Cersei. If she actually believed Jon, she would be like Stannis and forget about the iron throne to go defend the wall. But she doesn't.

She cares about conquering Westeros and ruling KL.

What else can Jon do but try to convince the people that might turn the tide against the night king.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:38 pm

The retarded part is Jon personally going north to get the wight and then going back south to deliver it. It would be much more logical and faster to send a raven to Tormund, tell him to send a scout mission and capture a wight, and to ship him south. But oh well, it's a TV show.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:39 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
M99 wrote:

You do realise they don't have much time left, right? No point spending too many minutes when you can achieve the same point in less time. I personally have no problem with the Jaime-Tyrion reunion. Didn't need to see Bronn-Tyrion either. We have bigger fish to fry.

No point? Don't need? Wtf, important character scenes is not needed because we don't have time? Thats no excuse you either make time or manage your time better. An extra five minutes would have accomplished all of that.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:58 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The retarded part is Jon personally going north to get the wight and then going back south to deliver it. It would be much more logical and faster to send a raven to Tormund, tell him to send a scout mission and capture a wight, and to ship him south. But oh well, it's a TV show.

Jon has always been leading by example. Wouldn't fit his character to not go there.

That would be bad writing imo.

Also not bad that it's gonna result in an awesome episode next week.

I have a bad feeling about this... the trailers made it look like Jon is the only survivor.

I need the Gendry/Jon bromance to continue.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:01 pm

Also agree with m99. They've had plenty minutes to do more dialogue. Dont think HBO is restricting them from doing longer episodes if wanted. The 7 episodes was a choice and shouldn't really be used as an excuse for that.

The things I don't mind them skipping is all the damn traveling. We've seen enough of that in fanstasy. We know what happens.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Freeza wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:The retarded part is Jon personally going north to get the wight and then going back south to deliver it. It would be much more logical and faster to send a raven to Tormund, tell him to send a scout mission and capture a wight, and to ship him south. But oh well, it's a TV show.

Jon has always been leading by example. Wouldn't fit his character to not go there.

That would be bad writing imo.

Also not bad that it's gonna result in an awesome episode next week.

I have a bad feeling about this... the trailers made it look like Jon is the only survivor.

I need the Gendry/Jon bromance to continue.

And we still need Clegane Bowl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:16 pm

HBO wanted 10 episodes per season. GRRM said it could be done. D&D didn't agree, but I think we can all agree that we are getting a rushed product.

Freeza it would not be bad writing because Jon recognizes the threat must be proved as fast as possible. Waiting for him to ship out across the entire continent just so he can personally do it would not fit his character imo.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:35 pm

When has Jon ever trusted or wanted to give anyone a task of this importance?

It's really the same case as Hardhome, where he didn't really have to go, but he had to be an example and make sure it was don correctle. He knows it would be hard to do without him, and he's not a leader that would send anyone to their deaths while he's enjoying himself in the south.

He's a bit reckless, but he's always been like that. Hardhome, Battle of the Basterds, going South, signing up for the Wall, and even more cases.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:43 pm

Agree with Freeza. Jon fought on the wall when could barely walk, he went Mance, he hung the traitors himself, he went to Hardhome, he fought Ramsay headfirst, he went to Dany. He does it himself or he doesn't do it all. I would think it out of character for him to leave this to Tormund.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:39 am

Well I guess we won't get on the same page on this.

To me this feels like a video game. The WW are on the front door but we can still travel around the world as it pleases because we know they are waiting for us to trigger the next scripted event.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:57 am

One thing I really really hope the show does not ignore (inb4 no time) is the answer of why in this particular point in history are the white walkers invading. Also why they are doing it,
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:01 am

M99 wrote:One thing I really really hope the show does not ignore (inb4 no time) is the answer of why in this particular point in history are the white walkers invading. Also why they are doing it,

Yeah. I think we're due a very huge Bran expository scene in next episode to explain it. That or episode 7.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:56 am

M99 wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
M99 wrote:

No point? Don't need? Wtf, important character scenes is not needed because we don't have time? Thats no excuse you either make time or manage your time better. An extra five minutes would have accomplished all of that.

What's the point really? Bronn and Tyrion are just going to throw funny quips at each other. The Jaime-Tyrion reunion served its purpose considering they were on opposing sides of a war and there was hardly any room for hugs and kisses. Your point would have made more sense if you talked about Jorah and Jon talking for longer, especially about Jeor Mormont and Longclaw - which Jon clearly had on him and Jorah had to have recognized.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:00 am

I hope we never get Cleganebowl. That would be one too many fan service moments. They've already done a lot of that in the season 6 and 7. GRRM can settle that in the books.

M99 wrote:One thing I really really hope the show does not ignore (inb4 no time) is the answer of why in this particular point in history are the white walkers invading. Also why they are doing it,

I think we'll definitely get an answer to this. GRRM isn't the kind of writer to create empty "baahhh evillllll" characters.

Here's a video I watched that theorized what it could be and it actually made a lot of sense to me.

Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:35 am

If Jon's going on a suicide mission, can't he at least go back to Winterfell for one last reunion with Arya?

silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:10 pm

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 17 Wubn1hl3ntfz
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
M99 wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

What's the point really? Bronn and Tyrion are just going to throw funny quips at each other. The Jaime-Tyrion reunion served its purpose considering they were on opposing sides of a war and there was hardly any room for hugs and kisses. Your point would have made more sense if you talked about Jorah and Jon talking for longer, especially about Jeor Mormont and Longclaw - which Jon clearly had on him and Jorah had to have recognized.

The point is the scene felt rushed. That was not good. Not hugs and kisses but more dialogue and a better ending than that abrupt cut to next scene. Also Tyrion and Bronn was one of the best duos of the series, I wouldn't complain at all if they did not show that they met off screen.

Also yeah Jon and Jorah should have had a scene too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next