Luca
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
Kaladin
Gil
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Only World Class players in the game while everyone's asleep - Page 2 Empty Re: Only World Class players in the game while everyone's asleep

Post by sportsczy Sun 13 Aug - 3:47:46

World class means players that would likely step into most of the elite teams and deserve a regular spot... and Mbappe + Dybala certainly would.  They're both unreal talents.  

Alexis, Hazard and Coutinho would not.  Hazard has proven to shrink in big moments + cannot sustain his level and Coutinho...  he's good.  But it's not like Dybala and especially Mbappe who are just scratching the surface... at 25, he is what he is and it's not quite at that level truly.

Just to put it in perspective... Dybala would push teams like Madrid to move Bale and Benzema. Mbappe would have done the same if not for the wage issue. Coutinho? Not so much. He's a consolation price if you can't attain the level above.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Only World Class players in the game while everyone's asleep - Page 2 Empty Re: Only World Class players in the game while everyone's asleep

Post by Warrior Sun 13 Aug - 4:35:10

Buffon not world class rofl ... i've definitely read it all now

@Sportsczy
Dybala is learning to be a world class player but i don't think he reached this level yet. Maybe this season he will confirm but at the moment i write this sentence he did not. The talent is there but the decision making needs to improve. His 1st season was far more satisfying.

Him and Bernar are expected to grow together this year, it will be a fun partnership. Both have a high ceiling.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 13 Aug - 4:44:29

sportsczy wrote:World class means players that would likely step into most of the elite teams and deserve a regular spot... and Mbappe + Dybala certainly would.  They're both unreal talents.  

That sounds more like your subjective definition of the term, than anything else. When people talked about "world class" players during the late 90s and early 00s, they referred to the likes of Ronaldo Nazario, Zidane and Thierry Henry, to mention a few. In other words, the top, top talents in the world, legends even, who had proven over time that they were in a class of their own.

I'm struggling to understand how someone like Mbappe warrants such a title, even if he might reach that level one day. I don't know when it became reasonable to classify an 18 year old kid who's only just appeared in the spotlight, as a "world class" player. Then again, I suppose this is the generation where people have a fetish for announcing the next GOAT whatever. Might as well throw Vardy in there.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 13 Aug - 5:32:23

Warrior wrote:Buffon not world class rofl ... i've definitely read it all now

hmm?

Need i remind the Bayern game during Conte's era?

Or the last 2 finals?

Or every international after 2012?

After 2006 and before 2012?

No one wants to admit it, but he has been carried by great teams and great defenses

Heck he almost threw away Juve's lead on us in the Scudetto race thanks to his blunders/buffoonery in 2012 (S can vouch for that)

He is by no means a bad keeper, i am not saying that. World Class? No im sorry. A very good keeper, just not cutting edge.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun 13 Aug - 6:12:01

Buffon at his prime is probably the best keeper I've ever seen but I think his world class days are over now.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun 13 Aug - 6:26:08

Makes one major mistake every 3 months, i've seen worse. On the counterpart he saved our ass countless times (again) notably covering BBC's lack of success in september/october.

Still top 3 most reliable keepers in the world
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun 13 Aug - 6:36:30

all in no order exception made of Messi/CR7 Thumbs up

GK
Buffon
De Gea
Neuer

CB
Godin
Bonucci
Chiellini

Fullbacks
Carvajal
Marcelo
Alex Sandro
Alaba

DM
Kante
Casemiro
Busquets
Ivan Sesar

CM
Modric
Kroos
Nainggolan
Marchisio
Verratti
Pogba
Thiago
Vidal

#10/SS
Isco
Griezmann
De Bruyne

Wingers/Wide Forwards
Messi
Ronaldo
Robben
Hazard
Neymar
Sanchez

#9s
Suarez
Higuain
Kane
Lewandowski
Cavani
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 13 Aug - 9:02:39

Why is Marchisio there, if Thiago is there then so should Koke be both do the exact same thing oh and Ramos is a worldclass defender, he is better than this Godin by ten fold. In fact Godin has regressed so bad I don't see him as WC anymore. Apart from that I agree, though I don't understand how people can call DeBruyne worldclass, he is a good player but never world class
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun 13 Aug - 9:56:09

Marchisio is in the list because he's world class, i am an unbiased Juve fan.

Maybe Ramos can be up there, for all his achievements and his unreal champion mentality. However, Ramos defending lucidity in itself is not better than Diego Godin the old school, wise center back.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun 13 Aug - 11:09:36

Dybala & Mbappe World Class, Hazard, Coutinho & Sanchez are not. Incroyable.

Notice how he singled out the Premier League players? Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun 13 Aug - 11:15:30

David Silva is World class imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 13 Aug - 11:18:28

M99 wrote:Buffon at his prime is probably the best keeper I've ever seen but I think his world class days are over now.

Buffon is still top 5, which makes him world class imo, unless you have a different metric.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 13 Aug - 11:41:14

Warrior wrote:Marchisio is in the list because he's world class, i am an unbiased Juve fan.

Maybe Ramos can be up there, for all his achievements and his unreal champion mentality. However, Ramos defending lucidity in itself is not better than Diego Godin the old school, wise center back.
No Marchiso is not world class. Good player but not world class. Ramos being on there is not a maybe, it's a given. If you want an excellent defender then you have Pepe who isn't even on that list either. Ramos is better than Godin, Godin is riding on his hype from 3 seasons ago. He has declined heavily in the past 2 seasons. You won't find a CB who was better than Ramos last season, imo he was the best CB in the world
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Interman Sun 13 Aug - 12:51:53

If you compare to past eras, when even a team like Parma, Lazio, etc. fielded world class players, it's crazy how thinned the pool of world class talent has become.

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon 14 Aug - 8:01:08

Hazard apparently not world class. I love GL.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2