messixaviesta
guest7
free_cat
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Luis Suarez was the man - Page 2 Empty Re: Luis Suarez was the man

Post by Guiltybystander Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:14 am

Dutch league isn't necessarily very soft (I'd say liga is softer tbh) and Suarez is a diver lol, moreso at Ajax than at Pool and Uruguay.

However, I agree that he would have been the perfect signing for you guys. I was actually kind of expecting that to happen: he is obviously very creative and thrives in small spaces, plus he is a very efficient finisher, especially in chaotic situations. I feel he would work well with Messi. He is a bit like Zlatan, but would work better in Barca's system, both character wise and in his slightly deeper role. Having both him and Messi in the front would leave you with two players who can't be let out of sight for a second by the opponent, both unpredictable and almost unstoppable and present everywhere, always, this would leave huge holes in their defenses.

More from a psychological point of view, I think it would also work well to have a playe with more character as an added impulse at Barca: Villa, Pedro and Sanchez are not very strong personalities to me, too neutral to give your team the mental edge when things are going wrong. Suarez is great at motivating a team when everyone else is giving up (which we have seen at Uruguay and VERY MUCH so at Ajax all the time). Not that things often go wrong with Barcelona, but in those cases where Messi can get frustrated (Argentina), Suarez could lift him up, whereas, say, Villa can't really.

You should try and buy him at some point, even though he will likely be absurdly expensive starting next season, it would make Barcelona unstoppable I think.

/dontmindthesig.

Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:58 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
I was just being sarcastic about the quota thing, I know the clasico's is still a touchy subject and a bit raw.

Very true. Thanks for the reply.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:06 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
95% of the people in that situation would fall easily upon contact, or "dive".

I agree alfred. The rules of the game also make this difficult. If you dive you may sometimes win a penalty. At other times the referee might be able to see through your act. Now if you dived and the referee understood what you did then you might have been better off staying on your feet and trying to score. On the other hand if you don't dive but the next bit of play means you lose the scoring chance then at times commentators go to the extent of hinting that your extra effort to stay on your feet went against you. It's similar to the advantage rule which always confuses me. I mean consider that you have been fell in the box but the ball has moved to a position where your team mate has a great chance of scoring. Should the referee blow his whistle and give you a penalty? Or should he just play advantage? The idea should be to give you the maximum which means that the referee should be able to judge within less than a second whether your current position of scoring is more advantageous than going for a penalty kick. An example would be when you are clear on goal with even the goal keeper out of sight. Anyway coming back to the original subject diving is not a good thing but playacting is worse and butchering is the worst. Another point to add on diving is that some players don't blatantly dive but they don't make that extra effort to stay on their feet and allow themselves to go down easily. Messi is one of the few who is credited for making an extra effort to stay on his feet but even he has been questioned recently.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:16 am

All, thanks for some wonderful replies.

stander, your comments are really interesting. The only part that I find little odd is the comparison to Ibrahimovic since L.Suarez is much more mobile and can be put on the wings as well. Also great point about his psychology. One reason I like him is because he plays with passion for both club and country. Good point about Messi getting frustrated. That's why I commented that he needs to become more resilient. As for us trying to buy L.Suarez, I don't think it's a good idea. See some clubs anyway see us as a club who keeps an eye on their best players and is able to snatch them if desired against the will of their fans. If we declare any kind of open interest in him it could amount to unsettling him at Liverpool. Hence he should be off limits for now. I hope A.Sanchez works well so that we never need L.Suarez since we don't have room for two of that kind. Pep seems to think A.Sanchez is exactly the player we need rather than Aguero, G.Rossi or Neymar. Not sure if he has considered L.Suarez or not.

The expectations around L.Suarez are really increasing now. The latest comparison that I have read about him is with Kenny Dalglish, his current coach. Recently I chatted with a few people about who they think are the top ten players in the world and mole put L.Suarez in that list. At least some people rate him very high. Rather than trying to buy him I hope he stays at Liverpool and makes them really strong.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:36 am

He is a great player, pure class.

Don't like his attitude though, constantly complaining/yelling at his team mates mad and he dives like crazy (lets not forget he bit some one)

Is he class? Most definitely

Is his attitude and over intensity needed in barca's system, most definitely not
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:14 am

messixaviesta wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
95% of the people in that situation would fall easily upon contact, or "dive".

I agree alfred. The rules of the game also make this difficult. If you dive you may sometimes win a penalty. At other times the referee might be able to see through your act. Now if you dived and the referee understood what you did then you might have been better off staying on your feet and trying to score. On the other hand if you don't dive but the next bit of play means you lose the scoring chance then at times commentators go to the extent of hinting that your extra effort to stay on your feet went against you. It's similar to the advantage rule which always confuses me. I mean consider that you have been fell in the box but the ball has moved to a position where your team mate has a great chance of scoring. Should the referee blow his whistle and give you a penalty? Or should he just play advantage? The idea should be to give you the maximum which means that the referee should be able to judge within less than a second whether your current position of scoring is more advantageous than going for a penalty kick. An example would be when you are clear on goal with even the goal keeper out of sight. Anyway coming back to the original subject diving is not a good thing but playacting is worse and butchering is the worst. Another point to add on diving is that some players don't blatantly dive but they don't make that extra effort to stay on their feet and allow themselves to go down easily. Messi is one of the few who is credited for making an extra effort to stay on his feet but even he has been questioned recently.

I think that in the box there's no advantadge rule. Every foul in the box should be whistled as a penalty.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:11 am

huntsman wrote:Why are you guys complaining about Diving anyway? It's part of your culture and way of play. Without it, your trophy cabinet would be almost empty.

Excellent player. Liverpool are so lucky to have him.

Why? No

Just Why?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:19 am

Did he upset you?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:43 am

huntsman wrote:Why are you guys complaining about Diving anyway? It's part of your culture and way of play. Without it, your trophy cabinet would be almost empty.

This post has been reported to the moderators as a clear attempt to insult Barcelona and provoke Barca fans.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2