Post by El Gunner Fri 05 Mar 2021, 19:44

i love how you said "lowly Spurs"
welcome back Thumbs up

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Mo Salah appreciation thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Mo Salah appreciation thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 06 Mar 2021, 00:56

The Franchise wrote:I think its time to cash in while his value is still high.

Agreed. Messi replacement perhaps?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat 06 Mar 2021, 03:21

The Franchise wrote:
Casciavit wrote:I wouldn't expect them to know much anyways. I feel today's football community (outside of GL) is either composed of stats nerds or plebs with embarrassing opinions. Laughing

It feels like it's been 5 years since you've posted here though ffs. I've been through absolute battles on here fighting the good fight. Hope your views haven't changed that much in that regard since then. Hopefully no Mourinho/Simeone/Catenaccio propaganda LOL. Welcome back. Molenation

LOL FFS im sorry I missed out, thanks bro. Once I started the 9-5 alongside the coaching I just got out of the rhythm of posting and eventually drifted off.

I wonder how long its actual been but it does feel like half a decade...time flies.

Insta is a god damn shit show. I only talk to Barca fans and even that is extremely painful for the most part. Its like a cult of zealots who lecture me on positional play, Cruyff's legacy and what Pep did. Which is ironic considering they joined the bandwagon around 2011.

Now im working from home I may aswell read some opinions that make sense.

My views havent changed that much I guess, obviously in this time football has changed and evolved and ive kept up.

But yeah, Mourinho's old football hasnt moved forward with the times and the fact he is forced into coaching lowly Spurs is hilarious. Simeone, well the man is absolute doing his best to suck all the fun out of Saul, Joao Felix and co. Looks like they might win it this season but they are slowing falling apart so we'll see.

Doesn't seem like there's much of a difference between them and someone like Alex who has lost his marbles in these last few years. Though I guess they don't have a seething hatred for Messi as he does. Laughing

I think Spurs suits Mourinho in the sense that he doesn't have that same expectation for his teams to be the protagonists. Hence, the pressure from external forces outside of the club is lower. Then again, Mourinho's teams have a short shelf-life anyways. You were guaranteed one world-class season with him until the wheels would fall apart. He'd give you one season where his team scored their every chance and didn't concede much despite being camped in their box most of the game. I don't think he can even offer that anymore. The teams he's competing against spend way more than him, and tactically he uses an outdated defensive system. His personality clashes with the new gen can't be ignored either. Do you think there's any chance of him reinventing himself?

As for Simeone, he's a terrorist. Even if he's a top 3 coach in the world, I feel bad for any creative player who has to play under him. Felix really needs saving.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat 06 Mar 2021, 09:51

i wouldn't go so far as to call Simeone a top 3 coach in the world, if he won 1 or 2 more La Ligas and a CL perhaps i would. All that boring systematic play, and you only have 1 Liga to show for it... pfft pls.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat 06 Mar 2021, 15:09

Some here diss the discussion of football on GL and we've had better days in the past, but I don't even engage in discussion outside of GL. I read it and say no thanks to actually contributing. It's very poor.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 06 Mar 2021, 16:20

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I think its time to cash in while his value is still high.

Agreed. Messi replacement perhaps?

Ah hell no, not for me Laughing

If Messi does go, we need one for the future rather than a stop gap.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 06 Mar 2021, 16:22

Saka is probably the best replacement you can find for Messi
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 06 Mar 2021, 16:33

Casciavit wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Casciavit wrote:I wouldn't expect them to know much anyways. I feel today's football community (outside of GL) is either composed of stats nerds or plebs with embarrassing opinions. Laughing

It feels like it's been 5 years since you've posted here though ffs. I've been through absolute battles on here fighting the good fight. Hope your views haven't changed that much in that regard since then. Hopefully no Mourinho/Simeone/Catenaccio propaganda LOL. Welcome back. Molenation

LOL FFS im sorry I missed out, thanks bro. Once I started the 9-5 alongside the coaching I just got out of the rhythm of posting and eventually drifted off.

I wonder how long its actual been but it does feel like half a decade...time flies.

Insta is a god damn shit show. I only talk to Barca fans and even that is extremely painful for the most part. Its like a cult of zealots who lecture me on positional play, Cruyff's legacy and what Pep did. Which is ironic considering they joined the bandwagon around 2011.

My views havent changed that much I guess, obviously in this time football has changed and evolved and ive kept up.

But yeah, Mourinho's old football hasnt moved forward with the times and the fact he is forced into coaching lowly Spurs is hilarious. Simeone, well the man is absolute doing his best to suck all the fun out of Saul, Joao Felix and co. Looks like they might win it this season but they are slowing falling apart so we'll see.

Doesn't seem like there's much of a difference between them and someone like Alex who has lost his marbles in these last few years. Though I guess they don't have a seething hatred for Messi as he does. Laughing

I think Spurs suits Mourinho in the sense that he doesn't have that same expectation for his teams to be the protagonists. Hence, the pressure from external forces outside of the club is lower. Then again, Mourinho's teams have a short shelf-life anyways. You were guaranteed one world-class season with him until the wheels would fall apart. He'd give you one season where his team scored their every chance and didn't concede much despite being camped in their box most of the game. I don't think he can even offer that anymore. The teams he's competing against spend way more than him, and tactically he uses an outdated defensive system. His personality clashes with the new gen can't be ignored either. Do you think there's any chance of him reinventing himself?

As for Simeone, he's a terrorist. Even if he's a top 3 coach in the world, I feel bad for any creative player who has to play under him. Felix really needs saving.

Oh well Messi can do no wrong according to new fans. Id alight myself far closer to Alex's views than theirs.

Mou with Spurs I cant see it going well. Expectations are lower but he doesnt have the profile of player for his football and I dont think his football even works remotely well on a consistently basis at this point. Everyone has adapted and his compact defending can be replicated by most teams, but on top of it they have so many options in possession his teams never have. You explained it well and no I dont think he changes. He is too tied in to his ideas and leaves the front players to figure it out for themselves while he just sets the conditions for them. That isnt enough.

I dont think Simeone is even that, a top 3 coach. I think, unlike Mou he at least has adapted his ideas but his idea is still them not being the protagonist games. If they win La Liga its because of the low quality of Madrid and Barca more than anything else. I was pretty upset we signed Griezmann and they took Felix, i knew instantly they had signed the better talent.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 06 Mar 2021, 16:34

RealGunner wrote:Saka is probably the best replacement you can find for Messi

You cant afford to lose him. You'll be relegation battles ffs
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat 06 Mar 2021, 16:55

why is RG out here hoeing around Saka Laughing pls main man stop it
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat 06 Mar 2021, 16:58

CBarca wrote:Some here diss the discussion of football on GL and we've had better days in the past, but I don't even engage in discussion outside of GL. I read it and say no thanks to actually contributing. It's very poor.

Jesus, I've always thought each generation the quality in some areas of what do u call it, knowledge in the brain I guess (bad English) is lessened, cant blame the new generation though, especially when social media influence the quality of their assessment of things, unless they spend time really watching games and stuff, or coming onto GL Very Happy

I've browsed the web a bit b4 finding GL for football discussion, and have never ventured outside anymore ever since, looks like there is no need to, this really is the best place Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat 06 Mar 2021, 16:59

CBarca wrote:Some here diss the discussion of football on GL and we've had better days in the past, but I don't even engage in discussion outside of GL. I read it and say no thanks to actually contributing. It's very poor.

Jesus, I've always thought each generation the quality in some areas of what do u call it, knowledge in the brain I guess (bad English) is lessened, cant blame the new generation though, especially when social media influence the quality of their assessment of things, unless they spend time really watching games and stuff, or coming onto GL Very Happy

I've browsed the web a bit b4 finding GL for football discussion, and have never ventured outside anymore ever since, looks like there is no need to, this really is the best place Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat 06 Mar 2021, 17:05

GL Proud Heart
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun 07 Mar 2021, 01:04

Casciavit wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Calling me out. Been right for 9 years since I started calling out the issues in Messi's game which first surfaced in the the 11/12 season. I put down the same challenge which you didnt take in the Barca section. Either put your foot where your mouth is or move on.
We will be better off once Messi leaves. Top 4 easily and easily through to the CL knockouts. No more humiliations like 3-0,7-0, 8-2, 4-1, 4-0 and on and on. As I write that, I am astounded at how many times your guy has been humiliated.
And the team he goes to will be much worse off than they are currently. And the stars of the team he moves to will look like jobbers. That includes the likes of De Bruyne, Gundogan, Sterling, Mbappe.
Willing to bet hotshot?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun 07 Mar 2021, 05:59

alexjanosik wrote:
Casciavit wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Calling me out. Been right for 9 years since I started calling out the issues in Messi's game which first surfaced in the the 11/12 season. I put down the same challenge which you didnt take in the Barca section. Either put your foot where your mouth is or move on.
We will be better off once Messi leaves. Top 4 easily and easily through to the CL knockouts. No more humiliations like 3-0,7-0, 8-2, 4-1, 4-0 and on and on. As I write that, I am astounded at how many times your guy has been humiliated.
And the team he goes to will be much worse off than they are currently. And the stars of the team he moves to will look like jobbers. That includes the likes of De Bruyne, Gundogan, Sterling, Mbappe.
Willing to bet hotshot?

No, I didn't see 'your challenge' in the Barca section because I don't read your posts because you've exposed yourself as a deranged loon. Laughing

I had this discussion with you in the summer, and you couldn't reply. You're the biased one. I never once said Messi wasn't lazy. I never once said his lack of workrate wasn't a problem. My argument was that no one can do what he does on the ball. The closest is Neymar, but he's the less efficient version who ball hogs and loses the ball 100 times a match. So the onus should've been on the board to build around his strengths and his weaknesses, but instead of offering him outlets for example, they brought him Griezmann. Essentially, on Barca's long list of problems, Messi was lower on the list than the other issues present at the club. So if saying that makes me biased, what does that make you, you clown?

Hell, I even said that Barca should sell him if you could trust the board to rebuild properly. However, you can't trust the likes of Bartomeu to do so. He had proven he had no nous at building a squad. So instead, I suggested Messi should stay for another two seasons so the team doesn't have a total nosedive during their transitionary period.

You're in the Copa finals and you're competing for La Liga, and you've added new talents during this transitionary period, seems like my suggestion may prove to help considering he's the one who scores/creates most of Barca's goals.

As for Barca doing better after he leaves, well that's a flawed argument. If Messi leaves, the rest of the old guard probably will as well. You'll reinvest in the squad heavily, and you'll have a new board leading the charge. I'd be surprised if you didn't do better given those circumstances.

When it comes to those other players doing worse, I could see De Bruyne playing worse because he and Messi both like occupying the right half-space. The rest are runners who theoretically could complement Messi. Tell me why does Cruyff's biggest disciple, Pep, want him? Pep has the clout at City to reject Messi, yet he's one of the people pushing for his signing. Answer that? Do you seriously believe in the back of your mind that if the elite coaches had a chance of signing him they would reject him? I'd love for an interviewer to ask them that and see their responses.

As for your little bet, I'll accept it on one condition so you don't weasel your way with Laporta doing a total squad revamp. You know there's a big difference between playing a 4-4-2 with Frenkie/Vidal/Paulinho on the wings with Busquets and Rakitic as a double pivot, and Alba/Lenglet/Pique as your defense.

So if Barca sells Messi and keeps relatively the same spine, they'll get embarrassed in the knockout rounds against a top team again. While the team Messi goes to will do better than them in the CL.

The stake?

Loser leaves GL. If I win I don't have to read your retarded takes anymore, and if I lose I won't have to read them either. What do you say 'hotshot'?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun 07 Mar 2021, 20:02

Some ppl are just stubborn I guess Very Happy Yea we all know Messi has his problems and weakness just like everybody else, but the issue is calling him the reason for Barca to lose games after every bad result is just plain wrong, and tiring. I almost wanted to quite the Barca because of all them repeated nonsense. Good things Dani's come back there now, worth visiting again Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun 15 Aug 2021, 04:41

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon 18 Oct 2021, 00:55

Bump
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 24 Oct 2021, 18:23

Best player in the world.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu 03 Feb 2022, 22:57

After saw some awful penalties by Cameroon, Egypt has qualified to the AFCON finals and they'll play Senegal.

Salah vs Mane showdown. Fanboys gonna have a field day. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu 03 Feb 2022, 22:58

The one who loses will leave imho

Salah, Mane and Firmino all due a new contract
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu 03 Feb 2022, 23:01

Casciavit wrote:After saw some awful penalties by Cameroon

Worst shootout I've ever seen wtf
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu 03 Feb 2022, 23:06

A good outcome for CAF. Will be one of the most-watched AFCON finals ever.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu 03 Feb 2022, 23:20

Seems fixed af. Cameroon was all over Egypt in the 1st half and then literally did nothing in the 2nd hmm

And this penaldo shootout was a joke

Last edited by Myesyats on Thu 03 Feb 2022, 23:21; edited 1 time in total
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu 03 Feb 2022, 23:21

Myesyats wrote:Seems fixed af. Cameroon was all over Egypt in the 1st half and they literally did nothing in the 2nd hmm

And this penaldo shootout was a joke

wat
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu 03 Feb 2022, 23:23

f a c t s

They wanted a Salah-Mane final from the outset imo
Myesyats