Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Mo Salah appreciation thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Mo Salah appreciation thread

Post by Nishankly Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:27 pm

Myesyats wrote:f a c t s

They wanted a Salah-Mane final from the outset imo

PL joining in giving us the summer break to avoid dropping off, what a conspissracy :bow:

That said, Cameroon had multiple chances according to my eyes (get it) to bury Egypt in the 120', they have their selves to blame.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:28 pm

I'm just salty cause i bet on Toko-Ekambi or Aboubakar to score and they have both deceived me
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:30 pm

Myesyats wrote:I'm just salty cause i bet on Toko-Ekambi or Aboubakar to score and they have both deceived me

Did you see Aboubakar's shit talking before the game? Prime Mourinho

Funny fact, bakar means shit talk in Hindi slang lmafaoo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:39 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Myesyats wrote:I'm just salty cause i bet on Toko-Ekambi or Aboubakar to score and they have both deceived me

Did you see Aboubakar's shit talking before the game? Prime Mourinho

Saw it post-factum, after i placed the bet. Wouldnt have bet otherwise Very Happy
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:32 am

Myesyats wrote:f a c t s

They wanted a Salah-Mane final from the outset imo

lmao Cameroon are the hosts if there's ever fixing going on it's for the host (Russia Egypt anyone?), surely not against the host
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:12 am

So what are your predicitons for the final and 3rd place?

Senegal gets it or no? I'm not impressed by Egypt, they've been quite lucky
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:49 pm

Mane with the winning penalty in the penalty shootout.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:50 pm

That's what happens when your best player wants to take the 5th penalty so they can get the plaudits if they score the winning one. He took the CR route lmfao.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:54 pm

What is this nonsense, the Egypt keeper is crying his eyes out and the interviewer asks him how does it feel to be Man of the Match rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:06 pm

Casciavit wrote:That's what happens when your best player wants to take the 5th penalty so they can get the plaudits if they score the winning one. He took the CR route lmfao.

tbf i also waited until the last penalty to win a local cup tournament for my primary school team... feels good when it works :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:10 pm

Happy for Senegal. The biggest underachievers on the continent have finally won a trophy.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:10 am

Salah played 5 on peno since the start nothing new unless he was before idk, Egypt played ET 4 times in 4 knockout rounds, should be a record.

Agreed with farfetched, Senegal deserved this over 90 and are so much better especially on paper. Egypt are basically an international Burnley but with hoping Salah does something, insane how he has carried them all these years.

Senegal and Egypt play in March again, two legs to decide the WC playoff. I have a feeling one of Salah and Mane will hate looking at the each other by the end of this season. Damn
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:53 pm

Nishankly wrote:Salah played 5 on peno since the start nothing new unless he was before idk, Egypt played ET 4 times in 4 knockout rounds, should be a record.

Agreed with farfetched, Senegal deserved this over 90 and are so much better especially on paper. Egypt are basically an international Burnley but with hoping Salah does something, insane how he has carried them all these years.

Senegal and Egypt play in March again, two legs to decide the WC playoff. I have a feeling one of Salah and Mane will hate looking at the each other by the end of this season. Damn

Cant agree with the last part Nishy.

Top elite players like these who also are now into the mature stage of their careers believe in healthy competition and I can only see a positive outcome here even if we have seen some consequences of them not seeing eye to eye.

If Im wrong then it'll be disastrous but I see this outcome only fuelling Salah further and giving Mane the true victory he needed to vault to another level.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:19 pm

Yes true, I was overeggaggregating
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:18 am

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:04 pm

Wonder if Diaz was signed because of this uncertainty. Weird Liverpool aren't paying him what he deserves.

Can see him joining Madrid
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:05 pm

Honestly, I would love for him to stay but I do not want us to do something we cannot afford and follow the same shit of Real and Barca in the couple of years of time. If he accepts then that is best news of the year, else I wish him all the best and he will remain a Liverpool legend even if he joins a club that which pays him what he deserves and they can afford.

Diaz plays on Mane's side and is on about 70k a week lol
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:53 pm

Yep, it is more likely Mané would move to Salah's position (RW) with Díaz taking Mané's current position (LW).
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:Wonder if Diaz was signed because of this uncertainty. Weird Liverpool aren't paying him what he deserves.

Can see him joining Madrid
Nah, Salah has never been on our radar. He would never get the salary he strives for anyways so he is definitely not coming to us. Liverpool won'tsell to a PL rival and Barca can't afford him. That leaves PSG and maybe Juve if Dybala leaves. Salah is playing a risky game
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:12 pm

Nishankly wrote:Honestly, I would love for him to stay but I do not want us to do something we cannot afford and follow the same shit of Real and Barca in the couple of years of time. If he accepts then that is best news of the year, else I wish him all the best and he will remain a Liverpool legend even if he joins a club that which pays him what he deserves and they can afford.

We are the most well run club in Europe behind maybe Buyern. If a player gets a salary it'sbecause Perez thinks they deserve that salary.

Besides we were the only club at the start of Covid that did not ask our players to give up money and didn't let any staff go. Our players took cuts a year after Covid started and it was peanuts

Typical premface lumping us together with Barca just because Rolling Eyes
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:53 pm

We got his best years, smarter to let him go than overpay. We've got Diaz and Jota anyway.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:51 pm

People comparing Liverpool's transfers with other club can finally understand what Liverpool fans are saying from years. The only way for Liverpool to run the club is "to buy sell first". Next Coutinho type sale is probably never going to happen and that means Liverpool have to be really smart if Liverpool decide to run down Salah's contract.
So I see only option is to sell him in the coming summer.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:37 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Nishankly wrote:Honestly, I would love for him to stay but I do not want us to do something we cannot afford and follow the same shit of Real and Barca in the couple of years of time. If he accepts then that is best news of the year, else I wish him all the best and he will remain a Liverpool legend even if he joins a club that which pays him what he deserves and they can afford.

We are the most well run club in Europe behind maybe Buyern. If a player gets a salary it'sbecause Perez thinks they deserve that salary.

Besides we were the only club at the start of Covid that did not ask our players to give up money and didn't let any staff go. Our players took cuts a year after Covid started and it was peanuts

Doesn’t matter and haven’t you guys been trying to trim the wage bill since the past 2-3 years, calling you guys out together was more towards the fact that even one player receiving exorbitant amounts only trickles down the rest of the wage bill with higher new contracts than the norm and that is something you can afford and we cannot. It just leads to bench players earning 200k a week doing nothing within no time.

Our wage bill is already quite high after a couple of years of competition related clauses getting triggered. We do not need to extend that for Salah if he truly wants money over playing for Liverpool while still being the highest earner. Take him Perez and give him 600k a week.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:45 pm

Salah himself is quite skeptical about the move. He is genuinely a top 5 player in Europe right now, but still he feels settled and loved at Liverpool right now and deep down, he knows it is a risk for his own career in case he moves somewhere else.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:39 am

Nishankly wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

Doesn’t matter and haven’t you guys been trying to trim the wage bill since the past 2-3 years, calling you guys out together was more towards the fact that even one player receiving exorbitant amounts only trickles down the rest of the wage bill with higher new contracts than the norm and that is something you can afford and we cannot. It just leads to bench players earning 200k a week doing nothing within no time.

Our wage bill is already quite high after a couple of years of competition related clauses getting triggered. We do not need to extend that for Salah if he truly wants money over playing for Liverpool while still being the highest earner. Take him Perez and give him 600k a week.

No, we have a salary ladder. And in order to finance players like Mbappe and Haaland, players in that tier will have to leave. As such players like Bale and Hazard are encouraged to leave. Those two are mistakes i don't think we'll ever repeat. Bale got a raise after our CL win and we let Ronaldo go so that he could be the alpha but he obviously failed. We got Hazard because ZZ was obsessed with him. He like Salah was never on our radar before.

Why do you think we are uninterested in Pogba despite him being free soon? He'll never fit into our salary structure.

We have never had unhappy players on our squad regarding wages apart from Ronaldo. Look at the wages Kroos, Modric and Benz etc get compared to other players in the same positions on other teams. But there is structure to the salaries on our team which is envied by CEOs of other rival teams.

Anyways Salah is 30 years old, unless a team is desperate enough to give him the salary he thinks he deserves he'll never be able to get it. Liverpool should just call his bluff. That ship sailed long ago imo. He's now at that age where either he puts pen to paper or goes to a team that may pay him the same amount and where he wont be the alpha which he is at Liverpool.

This will be another Ramos situation imo. Salah and his agent will huff and puff and in the end after all that drama he'll sign the contract anyways
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next