Yeezus
Pedram
silver
Casciavit
M99
19 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:03 pm

M99 wrote:Competition is always good. Maybe this will force WWE to step their game up.

Thing is i don't think it's just a question of stepping up their game.

It's more of a question to me is do they know how? Their track record since Ruthless Aggression is they simply just don't know.

I have faith in HHH long term but personally i just feel like Vince doesn't know how to implement any changes.

The promo with the McMahon's before Christmas tells me they simply don't get it.

New talent, new matchups etc etc completely misses the point and misunderstands what people's real issues with the product is.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:32 pm

Royal rumble season?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:52 pm

WWE should let Charlotte win the RR if they're planning on doing a 3-way. They can get Becky Lynch even more over. Play it like the Daniel Bryan storyline from a few years ago.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:34 pm

Casciavit wrote:WWE should let Charlotte win the RR if they're planning on doing a 3-way. They can get Becky Lynch even more over. Play it like the Daniel Bryan storyline from a few years ago.

Or do Luger and Hart and have them both win it.

Couldn't care less about the men's one if I'm honest, none of it is interesting.

With that said i can't complain about any of the world title matches on paper.

Styles vs Bryan, Sasha vs Rousey, Becky vs Asuka and Brock vs Balor should all be great on paper.

With that said none of them is touching Gargano vs Ricochet from last night as it was completely fucking insane.

Would be surprised if anything tops it all year.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:38 pm

Double Rumble finishes are really hard to plan apparently. If you make it seem like Becky got screwed, the fans will even be more on her side. If the rumours of Ronda taking a leave after Wrestlemania are true, then that's the perfect opportunity to create a new star.

Charlotte wins RR -> fans complain and Becky gets inserted -> Becky pins Ronda

$$$$$$$$
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:03 pm

While i agree as long it ends with Becky standing tall at WM it don't think it matters much how it's done.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:32 pm

Awesome Royal Rumble

The best in years imo

Been a while since WWE had a legit charismatic superstar like Becky. Honestly I'm floored. IMO she's single handedly made the women's division more interesting than the men's. Never thought I'd say that.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:38 pm

As awesome as Becky has been, i don't think she's alone. A lot of the main event women have followed her lead.

She's obviously the catalyst, but a lot of the Women seem to genuinely want to push their division in the way Attitude Era men's roster did.

To use that comparison, obviously in this scenario Becky is Stone Cold but obviously Stone Cold wasn't alone in pushing their division and i feel the same about Becky with regards to rest of the women.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:50 pm

Nia Jax getting RKO ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:21 pm

lol

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 40 Dx__SYHWkAAbyoN
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:32 pm

Rey Mysterio and Orton tag teaming against Nia Jax rofl

The right people won the RR. Wonder what the other matches will be.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:24 am

So Ambrose is leaving WWE after Wrestlemania apparently according to Wade Keller.

Dean Ambrose, a main event wrestler for WWE since debuting with The Shield in 2012, has given his notice to WWE that he will be finishing up when his current contract expires at the end of April, according to three PWTorch sources. He broke the news to management this weekend, including directly in a meeting with Vince McMahon, after being offered a new contract and a raise weeks ago.

He is expected to finish up shortly after WrestleMania, although it’s possible WWE would write him out of storylines sooner. This could explain why he was rather unceremoniously eliminated from the Royal Rumble on Sunday night and did a clean job to Seth Rollins on TV on Raw last night.

Sources tell PWTorch that Ambrose has been long frustrated with the creative direction of his character and reached a breaking point recently. He’s indicated to WWE management this weekend he’s not interested in negotiating further and made it clear this isn’t about trying to get more money. One of his colleagues on the roster, when asked tonight about Dean’s demeanor lately and if there were any signs of discontent, said “he’s pretty much impossible to read.” He added, though, that Dean “hates hokey sh–” and, since so much of his character has been portrayed as hokey in the last few years, he’s not surprised that would have built up frustration leading to a breaking point.

Top management in WWE and a small circle of friends of Dean knew about his decision this weekend, but it wasn’t well known at the Rumble or Raw among most of his colleagues.

Not too sure how I feel about this. On one hand, he'll be better utilized elsewhere, on the other hand, he's the one who got me back into the product with his singles run back in 2014. Mixed feelings so to speak.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:57 am

What a waste. Go back and watch the Shield debut when he was the focal point. You can see the wasted potential.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:28 am

I watched just the men's Royal Rumble because hey, it's the Royal Rumble. They're usually fun. (NB: this is the first WWE matched I've watched since WM)

It was okay. I hoped for more surprises than just Jeff Jarrett, but I suppose they had no one else lined-up. Elias is good. Are they doing anything with him?

I wasn't sure about all these NXT guys. I'm sure they're very talented performers but they look so generic to me.

Samoa Joe impresses me every time I see him. Are they doing anything worthwhile with him?

I didn't care at all about Nia Jax's entry. In fact, I thought the whole thing was extremely awkward. It was funny when they did it with Kharma way back when, but Jax has no where Kharma's presence.

So, the ending. I was surprised that the final five had Ziggler, Andrade and Mysterio. I knew right away none of those guys would win. I was pretty convinced that Rollins was going to win anyway, from the moment he was put through a table. No complaints because I like Rollins. I just found it interesting that the end had such little tension. Even the crowd seemed underwhelmed.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:38 am

The writing on Ambrose's character has been absolutely terrible. Best of luck to him. Would be a huge coup for AEW. Don't see him going to Japan, ROH is a possibility though.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:17 pm

Ambrose heel turn has been so pointless, not just a WWE thing but I'm thoroughly uninterested by him as a personality.

Daniel Bryan on the other hand is more interesting than he ever has been with his turn.

Maybe AEW or someone can use him better i don't know but I've never really seen it with him, only time i think I've enjoyed him is when he feuded with Styles.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:38 pm

I'm really curious on what the WWE championship match will be on Wrestlemania. By this time, we all knew it was going to be Bray vs Randy and Styles vs Nakamura on the previous years, but now I don't have the faintest idea. I would lean on Cena vs Bryan but according to Meltzer, John Cena vs Lars Sullivan was the plan. Sullivan was supposed to injure Cena to write him off the Rumble (he's shooting a movie) but he had an anxiety attack before his debut and they just announced on YouTube Cena got injured in a match and won't be in the Rumble.

Its an odd scenario, the champion is a heel and he already beat the brand's top face three times in a row. The other faces, Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio are 40+ yo legends. Everyone else is heel (Joe, Nakamura, Orton, Andrade). There's Ali but its way too soon for him.

But man, Vince really turns up when injuries happen and his back is against the wall. According to Meltzer, before the leaukemia diagnosis the plan for WM was Reigns vs Ambrose and Rousey vs Natalya rofl

-------

http://www.goallegacy.net/viewtopic.forum?t=42011
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40