rincon
Warrior
Luca
14 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Juventus: The Next Cycle - Page 5 Empty Re: Juventus: The Next Cycle

Post by rincon Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:55 pm

^Since the discussion had been about Italy starting with no Juve players in that friendly under Mancini, I'll post here.

The first official game is tomorrow vs Poland. 3 Juventini are supposed to start.

Donnarumma; Criscito, Chiellini, Bonucci, Zappacosta; Pellegrini, Jorginho, Benassi; Insigne, Balotelli, Bernardeschi

Note Mandragora was instead called up to U21 because he was suspended due to blasphemy during a match.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:32 pm

Interested to see the Pellegrini-Jorginho-Benassi midfield and that front 3, about as good as we can ask for in attack but I think the midfield will regularly change

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:47 pm

The match was sloppy as hell. Very clear that it isn't a "team" yet. Jorginho unexpectedly was the worst of the first half and costed us the goal by himself losing it twice giving them their chance. Gagliardini was better. Then in the second half Jorginho got his head together and was the best midfielder.

Chiesa changed the game immediately after he came on and is now supposed to start tomorrow vs Portugal. Every game he looks more like a beast in the making. We need to get on him asap. This kid has a superstar mentality with his drive.

Bernardeschi lost the ball too many times but was the one pulling forward in attack the whole match. Balotelli was disconnected from the game completely, apparently injured, or just more of his low understanding of the game. Belotti to start 100%. Insigne got really involved in the build up but failed to break lines, just kept the game flowing with adding the creative spark that Bernardeschi kept trying to make happen.

Biraghi :facepalm: jesus christ Biraghi. How many poor crosses can be made in one match. Failed experiment, nothing more to say. Obviously the worst player on the pitch.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:27 pm

Buffon on Maurizio Sarri:

" Sarri at Juve ? Those who always follow the same patterns will always achieve the same results. And Juve, whose goal is to win Champions League, has chosen the way of change, because the team itself is hard to improve.

Sarri is not a revolution, he is not a gamble, he is an untested path, a whole other story.

Allegri ? How he handle his departure was exceptional. It's good for him and for the club, but now Juve needs to try new things. Nobody would have done better than Allegri in the last five years. Nobody.
"

Wise words.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:43 pm

I guess the "next cycle" is now the current cycle

Szczesny (for a GK)
De Ligt
Rugani
Demiral
Romero (loaned at Genoa)
Pellegrini
Cancelo
Can
Rabiot
Bentancur
Bernaedeschi
Dybala
Kean

Are all on the young side.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:25 pm

Meanwhile Chiellini is still good for at least 1 season maybe 2. Ronaldo at least 2. Pjanic will play well for 2-3 seasons unless we sell him, he doesn't rely much on stamina.

Overall the transition was handled quite well, especially this summer as we add the final touches.

If i can still complain, we have not found an exact replacement for what Marchisio did on the field... but to be fair i can't think of one player available who fits this criteria in the midfield.

Right-back i am not so confident with Cancelo, i wish we signed Conti some years ago, i saw him as Licht's heir, under this circumstance he would not have a career-threatening injury. That would be the 2 missing pieces i can identify, not that we are in trouble and i'm sure Paratici/Nedved are actively searching for players who match this quality.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:49 pm

A new Litch would be amazing. Legends like him dont come often. Cancelo inspires 0 confidence, but let's see him this season if he stays, hope he can improve.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by C Ronaldo Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:20 pm

Lichtainer was special because of his teamwork talent , he knew how to position himself, when to make an overlap,
players with the ball were always looking for Lichtainer to work with ( Pirlo, Tevez, Vucinic)

other wingers such as Costa, Cuadrado, Asamoah, even Dani Alves they were all technically better than Lichtainer but none of them could outshine him on teamwork

Lichtainer cannot be replaced easy , I think we are good with Cancelo

C Ronaldo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:30 am

Dybala asked for a transfer ? Really ?

Apparently the info is in Tuttosport but i can't read italian
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:07 pm

Everton expects Kean to attend his medicals tomorrow. Shit.

At least we get 40 millions from it, quite a decent sum for a guy not even 20 years old. I read nothing about the buy-back clause.

3 millions salary, well deserved, good luck to him. He is a legit striker. That farm equipment issue with his father remains forever a fun memory in my heart.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:09 pm

He also only had one year left on his contract and is a Raiola client

No buyback from what I’ve read

I really want to see us keep Dybala

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by C Ronaldo Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:10 am

Dybala is a talented player

However, Juventus has lots of strikers that can cover #10 role

C RONALDO, BERNARDESCI, COSTA , they can all play #10 like so i dont really think Dybala will be missed if he goes

With the money we can use to bring a player to strengthen our weakness of starting XI

A swap of Dybala-Lukaku makes sense

C Ronaldo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by C Ronaldo Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:24 am

A swap Dybala-Pogba would be even better

C Ronaldo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by C Ronaldo Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:26 am

No Icardi please

C Ronaldo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:52 am

So the club doesn't seem to have Dybala in his plans, what do you guys think? I don't have much issues with Dybala leaving if he doesn't fit the 4-3-3, I just don't like Lukaku for that much money. I'm not sure, would we be a better team with Dybala than with Bernardeschi or Costa providing width? on one hand I want to see Dybala succeed, on the other hand it seems he must be played in a 2 striker formation to be really worth it so a decision has to be made.

I really prefer Higuain, who has been looking great in preseason, than signing Lukaku like this. If we do sell Dybala I prefer to do so to bring someone else. Icardi for me is a great option, there doesn't seem to be any other top strikers available out there. Or sign a great midfielder and just keep Higuain.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:09 pm

In order of preference Icardi, Lukaku, Higuain. But i'll be fine keeping Higuain until the winter window.

Bernardeschi will play more so Dybala if we want to sell him it's fine but i disliked the manner. Can't force someone to a country he doesn't want to live in. That's just classless.

If i make the line up currently it looks good, but it lacks someone as back-up CF. That would have been Kean minutes.

Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:16 pm

What are people's thoughts on Danilo? I don't understand why Juve had to take him in the deal unless City just can't spend the cash because of FFP. I think Cancelo had to go. His defense was awful in the second half of the season last year and he's not good enough to just be a winger. He really made Juve susceptible on counterattacks last season.

I'm just a little confused as to what the plan is for RB. Di Sciglio cannot play the entire season and Danilo doesn't seem to be an everyday answer. Then there are rumors that Pelligrini will go back to Cagliari, which also confuses me because that means no backup at LB or Di Sciglio is backing up that position as well.

I'm actually fine with these sales because i think Kean wanted to leave and Cancelo seemed to be a bad fit. However, I feel like we are creating holes at a few positions now.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:48 pm

No one wanted to drop a bunch of cash on Cancelo, City was the only real link and they weren't willing to spend much on him. I think 30m + Danilo is a great deal. Straight cash to that amount would have been better of course, but no one is trying to drop 50-60m on Cancelo. I only hope that Danilo can become a good player.

Pellegrini might go on loan, they want him. In that case we would bring another fullback I imagine, unless Cuadrado is seen as a right back cover too. Hysaj is always linked and would be a nice solution, but why get Danilo then?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:19 pm

rincon wrote:No one wanted to drop a bunch of cash on Cancelo, City was the only real link and they weren't willing to spend much on him. I think 30m + Danilo is a great deal. Straight cash to that amount would have been better of course, but no one is trying to drop 50-60m on Cancelo. I only hope that Danilo can become a good player.

Pellegrini might go on loan, they want him. In that case we would bring another fullback I imagine, unless Cuadrado is seen as a right back cover too. Hysaj is always linked and would be a nice solution, but why get Danilo then?

Believe me, I'm not exaggerating when I say that Danilo is easily one of the worst fullbacks I have seen in my lifetime. An absolute calamity with a consistent, world-class display of suckage.

Stay away from him, I really mean it. You'll thank me later.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by C Ronaldo Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:28 pm

Cancelo did not improve Juventus and it is a good idea to get the money back

we can use De Ligt as a RB ( defensive minded )

Sandro - Chiellini - Bonuci - De Ligt

Sandro make left wing runs
on the Rw we have Bernardeschi

C Ronaldo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:09 pm

If we sell Cancelo it leaves an empty spot in the roster, now Danilo will fill that spot.

Can't lose if you trade shit for shit. Besides Danilo is a good friend with Sandro and he might do better here than at Real/City.

One thing sure tho, Cancelo did not do well, so good riddance.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by C Ronaldo Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:01 pm

its not that i dont like Dybala but with Ronaldo and Bernardeschi we can do well without him

we also have the likes of Costa and Cuadrado on the bench so we are good without Dybala i hope he goes in premier league for a good amount of cash

Dybala should be sacrificed so we can strengthen our weakness of starting XI

and that would basically be the center midfield

Pjanic is a good player but he needs support in midfield

we need our XAVI-INIESTA combo in midfield

players like Rabiot and Ramsey are not the answer to improve the team and make it UCL favorite

we need Pogba

----- Ronaldo -- Mandzukic -- Bernarde -----
-------------- Matuidi -- Pogba ----------------
Sandro---------- Pjanic ---------------------
----- Chiellini -- Bonuci ---- De Ligt ------

hybrid 433 -352

this would have been the answer

C Ronaldo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:58 am

rincon wrote:I only hope that Danilo can become a good player.

He's already 28, man Laughing People might say he has yet to hit his peak, but that's just because his peak is a bottomless pit of incompetence. I don't know why City decided to buy him, but I can certainly see why they wanted him gone.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:01 am

Well what should I do, not hope he becomes good Laughing

It's not like it's our decision in GL to sign him. He joined Juve, he deserves a fair chance. Expecting De Sciglio to keep him on the bench though.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:09 am

He's decently athletic, and he showed for Porto that he can, potentially, do quite well offensively. His decision-making is god awful, though. When he left us, I wondered if a change of scenery would help him regain his confidence and maybe go a step closer towards fulfilling his potential, but from what I can tell, he's shown no signs of it since then.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:00 pm

The J-University turned De Sciglio into a decent player, something nobody believed it was possible

Danilo will follow the same path Thumbs up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next