Juventus: The Next Cycle

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Juventus: The Next Cycle - Page 5 Empty Re: Juventus: The Next Cycle

Post by rincon on Thu 06 Sep 2018, 13:55

^Since the discussion had been about Italy starting with no Juve players in that friendly under Mancini, I'll post here.

The first official game is tomorrow vs Poland. 3 Juventini are supposed to start.

Donnarumma; Criscito, Chiellini, Bonucci, Zappacosta; Pellegrini, Jorginho, Benassi; Insigne, Balotelli, Bernardeschi

Note Mandragora was instead called up to U21 because he was suspended due to blasphemy during a match.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Thu 06 Sep 2018, 16:32

Interested to see the Pellegrini-Jorginho-Benassi midfield and that front 3, about as good as we can ask for in attack but I think the midfield will regularly change
Luca
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Sun 09 Sep 2018, 18:47

The match was sloppy as hell. Very clear that it isn't a "team" yet. Jorginho unexpectedly was the worst of the first half and costed us the goal by himself losing it twice giving them their chance. Gagliardini was better. Then in the second half Jorginho got his head together and was the best midfielder.

Chiesa changed the game immediately after he came on and is now supposed to start tomorrow vs Portugal. Every game he looks more like a beast in the making. We need to get on him asap. This kid has a superstar mentality with his drive.

Bernardeschi lost the ball too many times but was the one pulling forward in attack the whole match. Balotelli was disconnected from the game completely, apparently injured, or just more of his low understanding of the game. Belotti to start 100%. Insigne got really involved in the build up but failed to break lines, just kept the game flowing with adding the creative spark that Bernardeschi kept trying to make happen.

Biraghi :facepalm: jesus christ Biraghi. How many poor crosses can be made in one match. Failed experiment, nothing more to say. Obviously the worst player on the pitch.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Sun 16 Jun 2019, 14:27

Buffon on Maurizio Sarri:

" Sarri at Juve ? Those who always follow the same patterns will always achieve the same results. And Juve, whose goal is to win Champions League, has chosen the way of change, because the team itself is hard to improve.

Sarri is not a revolution, he is not a gamble, he is an untested path, a whole other story.

Allegri ? How he handle his departure was exceptional. It's good for him and for the club, but now Juve needs to try new things. Nobody would have done better than Allegri in the last five years. Nobody.
"

Wise words.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Wed 17 Jul 2019, 20:43

I guess the "next cycle" is now the current cycle

Szczesny (for a GK)
De Ligt
Rugani
Demiral
Romero (loaned at Genoa)
Pellegrini
Cancelo
Can
Rabiot
Bentancur
Bernaedeschi
Dybala
Kean

Are all on the young side.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Wed 17 Jul 2019, 21:25

Meanwhile Chiellini is still good for at least 1 season maybe 2. Ronaldo at least 2. Pjanic will play well for 2-3 seasons unless we sell him, he doesn't rely much on stamina.

Overall the transition was handled quite well, especially this summer as we add the final touches.

If i can still complain, we have not found an exact replacement for what Marchisio did on the field... but to be fair i can't think of one player available who fits this criteria in the midfield.

Right-back i am not so confident with Cancelo, i wish we signed Conti some years ago, i saw him as Licht's heir, under this circumstance he would not have a career-threatening injury. That would be the 2 missing pieces i can identify, not that we are in trouble and i'm sure Paratici/Nedved are actively searching for players who match this quality.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Wed 17 Jul 2019, 21:49

A new Litch would be amazing. Legends like him dont come often. Cancelo inspires 0 confidence, but let's see him this season if he stays, hope he can improve.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum: