zenmaster
urbaNRoots
S
Mr Nick09
60 posters

Page 16 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

Who will go through

UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 16 Vote_lcap50%UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 16 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 12 ]
UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 16 Vote_lcap50%UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 16 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 24

UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 16 Empty Re: UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:35 pm

Thimmy wrote:Can someone please explain to me why Ronaldo's celebration was supposedly so classless? It was not a pretty win. I'm ashamed of how Real Madrid played tonight, but considering the context and pressure associated with this particular types of penalties, it was a decisive and expertly taken penalty at Real Madrid's home stadium, in front of Real Madrid's fans. Why would he not celebrate it? Because Buffon was sent off? Because they didn't play well, overall?

He had every right to celebrate. That was a well-taken and deserved penalty at the dying minutes under mountain of soul-crushing stress.

What he shouldn't have done though is take his shirt off after such a horrendous performance that saw us get outplayed in our own backyard against team who lost to us a week ago by three goals. The shame associated with our performance should refrain him from "over-celebrating". That and the fact that those people applauded him last week after he played like a God in Turin. Surely he could've found a few ounces of humility to grant them a moment of respect.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 16 Empty Re: UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Yeah the shirt thing was stupid.. No need to do that at all. We still need him and to risk him getting a suspensions is bad.

Still think yellow for taking the shirt off is absolutely ridiculous rule.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:37 pm

Luca wrote:I, for one, have no issues with Ronaldo's celebration. I knew it was coming from the moment the penalty was called and he absolutely should celebrate the goal

Clearest thing about this tie: sell Dybala

Higuain was shit too, I hate his body language on the field. He's so negative to his team. Mandzukic needs to smack him around a bit, straighten him out

That Buffon red was very satisfying

Would just like to add Higuain is certified flop, and I thought this would be Messi's year, looking unlikely now Sad Recent showings have shown he cant do it all alone, and with Higuain that we KNOW will flop when the pressure is on in the WC, argentina has no hopes Sad The only player I can imagine that can help is Di Maria but doubt it will be enough...

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:38 pm

Higuain is the only reason Tottenham wasn't playing though

It's simple as that

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:44 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Can someone please explain to me why Ronaldo's celebration was supposedly so classless? It was not a pretty win. I'm ashamed of how Real Madrid played tonight, but considering the context and pressure associated with this particular types of penalties, it was a decisive and expertly taken penalty at Real Madrid's home stadium, in front of Real Madrid's fans. Why would he not celebrate it? Because Buffon was sent off? Because they didn't play well, overall?

He had every right to celebrate. That was a well-taken and deserved penalty at the dying minutes under mountain of soul-crushing stress.

What he shouldn't have done though is take his shirt off after such a horrendous performance that saw us get outplayed in our own backyard against team who lost to us a week ago by three goals. The shame associated with our performance should refrain him from "over-celebrating". That and the fact that those people applauded him last week after he played like a God in Turin. Surely he could've found a few ounces of humility to grant them a moment of respect.

Right, I agree that taking off his shirt was needless and over the top. Considering the context of the goal, though, I certainly understand why he was ecstatic. For the longest time, he looked like our only player willing to make offensive runs. He'd looked frustrated since kick-off.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:52 pm

“It was a tenth of a penalty,” the captain told Mediaset Premium.

“I know the referee saw, it was certainly a dubious incident. And a dubious incident at the 93rd minute when we had a clear penalty denied in the first leg, you cannot award that at this point.

“The team gave its all, but a human being cannot destroy dreams like that at the end of an extraordinary comeback on a dubious situation.

“Clearly you cannot have a heart in your chest, but a garbage bin. On top of that, if you don’t have the character to walk on a pitch like this in a stadium like this, you can sit in the stands with your wife, your kids, drinking your Sprite and eating crisps.

“You cannot ruin the dreams of a team.

“Real Madrid deserved to go through over the two legs, I wish them the best and it has always been an honour for me to face this club, but objectively we at least deserved to go to extra time tonight.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:56 pm

Thimmy wrote:

Right, I agree that taking off his shirt was needless and over the top. Considering the context of the goal, though, I certainly understand why he was ecstatic. For the longest time, he looked like our only player willing to make offensive runs. He'd looked frustrated since kick-off.

That's the problem. Madrid has become so Cristiano-dependent, it's brutal.

Bale and Benzema are dead weights at this point, so if you want to neutralize the Madrid attack, all you need to do is isolate Ronaldo. Juventus put 4 defenders on him tonight, and it became almost impossible to get him the ball, let alone score.

Whoever we get in the semis, be sure they'll pin 4 defenders on him as well. He's irreplaceable, but we need to figure out how to score without him, otherwise we'll be left praying for a penalty at 90' to bail us out.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:02 pm

Thimmy wrote:

Bale and Benzema are dead weights at this point, so if you want to neutralize the Madrid attack, all you need to do is isolate Ronaldo. Juventus put 4 defenders on him tonight, and it became almost impossible to get him the ball, let alone score.

Whoever we get in the semis, be sure they'll pin 4 defenders on him as well. He's irreplaceable, but we need to figure out how to score without him, otherwise we'll be left praying for a penalty at 90' to bail us out.

Not trolling or anything, but this is what Messi faces virtually every game, if they do try to freeze Ronaldo out with multiple players focused on keeping him out, it will be interesting to see if how he can beat that.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:05 pm

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/en.as.com/en/2018/04/11/football/1523480942_192032.amp.html
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:09 pm

It's wasn't just the contact that was from behind. His boot was in Vasquez' shoulders and knee at his face. There were two fouls.

Ref made the right call. Tough for Juve... But there was too much contact. Vasquez never saw it coming so it's not like he added anything to it either.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:10 pm

Thimmy wrote:

I noticed that Benatia and Lichsteiner were getting away with cynically fouling and obstructing him multiple times since the start of the first half, but no one seemed to mention it in the chat, and I thought to myself that it would be best not to mention the ref - who basically didn't call anything at all in the first half. I would never have predicted that the ref would ultimately rule a decisive call in our favor. I thought that was pretty ironic, since some people are suddenly claiming he had a bias towards R. Madrid despite his obvious efforts to let play go on as much as possible when it certainly didn't benefit the home team.

We'll just have to make the best out of our issues in attack, because there's nothing we can do about it this season. Hopefully, CR will continue to find ways to score, regardless of how opposing teams choose to deal with him.

Last edited by Thimmy on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:11 pm

Have to say Juve, I still harbor a lot of disappointment in you for failing

But it was a helluva try

Respect given to Juve. Really feel for the fans atm, and I'm hurting with you.

Don't think there has been a worse year of footy for me personally. Everyone I hate going through and everyone I love gong out
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:13 pm

CBarca wrote:Have to say Juve, I still harbor a lot of disappointment in you for failing

But it was a helluva try

Respect given to Juve. Really feel for the fans atm, and I'm hurting with you.

Don't think there has been a worse year of footy for me personally. Everyone I hate going through and everyone I love gong out

I'm just glad you're back

I was genuinely worried I would not see my good pal and brother @cbarca again

robes disappointed me most, show some support for your family for once you pos

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:31 pm

I can understand why English referees will not be used at the World Cup. In the Roma Barca game yesterday there was a foul in the area on Schick where the Barca defender (Semeda?) runs into Schick then pushes him to the ground.  There was even plenty of time remaining.  It was a similar situation. The French referee did not give a penalty because it wasn't absolutely a clear penalty.  It would have tarnished the match.  For a penalty to be given in such games it has to be absolutely clear, like Dzeko being grabbed by the arm and pulled down. I'm no Juve fan, but that was a robbery.

Didn't Bayern get robbed last year too in the game with Madrid. It's a pattern.

Last edited by breva on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:32 pm

What ? Micheal Oliver has just showed to be the best referee in the world. Finally I've understood the Art Morte hype ( or UrbanRoots) about him
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:36 pm

Robespierre wrote:What ? Micheal Oliver has just showed to be the best referee in the world. Finally I've understood the Art Morte hype ( or UrbanRoots) about him

Yeah right. Hopefully he won't be refereeing CL games in the future.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:40 pm

Michael Oliver is not the best referee in the world, but today he certainly became the richest
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:40 pm

breva wrote: I'm no Juve fan, but that was a robbery.

It's like Juve would've already won the tie if the referee didn't call for a Pen. The lulz.

Last edited by Jack Daniels on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:41 pm

Warrior wrote:Michael Oliver is not the best referee in the world, but today he certainly became the richest

Thumbs up
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:42 pm

How is this not a penalty to some of you? Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:43 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:

It's like Juve would've already won the tie if the didn't call for a Pen. The lulz.

No one knows what would have happened. One thing is for sure, if a Juve player had been fouled in the Madrid area in the same way at 95th minute, no foul would have been called
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:44 pm

Warrior wrote:Michael Oliver is not the best referee in the world, but today he certainly became the richest

How about you forget about this match and go back to being a butthurt Messi fan and warrior of the tinfoil hat? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:45 pm

breva wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:

It's like Juve would've already won the tie if the didn't call for a Pen. The lulz.

No one knows what would have happened. One thing is for sure, if a Juve player had been fouled in the Madrid area in the same way at 95th minute, no foul would have been called

You know this how? What empirical evidence, data or even witchcraft can actually point that out? It was a penalty, like a legit penalty. If you're gonna blame someone, blame Benetia for not only letting Lucas slip him by but having no choice but to foul him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:46 pm

breva wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:

No one knows what would have happened.  One thing is for sure, if a Juve player had been fouled in the Madrid area in the same way at 95th minute, no foul would have been called

A normal foul? Maybe... But a 2-handed shove+kick combo preventing an open goal chance would've been called.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:48 pm

Doc wrote:
breva wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:

You know this how? What empirical evidence, data or even witchcraft can actually point that out? It was a penalty, like a legit penalty. If you're gonna blame someone, blame Benetia for not only letting Lucas slip him by but having no choice but to foul him.

I don't have witchcraft but I do have the first leg. Cuadrado on the 92', foul, your man gets 0 of the ball and just goes for the kick on his foot, no penalty.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Been trying to find a video of that foul @rincon, can you hook a brother up? ^^

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next