Worst CL refereeing performance since Overbo?

+15
VanDeezNuts
S
Clutch
Myesyats
Hapless_Hans
Freeza
CBarca
Doc
farfan
Art Morte
Mr Nick09
Thimmy
Lucifer
guest7
Zagadka
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Worst CL refereeing performance since Overbo? - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst CL refereeing performance since Overbo?

Post by CBarca Tue May 01, 2018 11:03 pm

Not that I think Barca will lose, but if they did...who gives a shit? The league is already won, you should know, your team are being sore losers about it Laughing

When Madrid and Barca played this year, with league position actually on the line, Barca destroyed Madrid 3-0 in their own home. Did I need to remind you of that?

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Worst CL refereeing performance since Overbo? - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst CL refereeing performance since Overbo?

Post by CBarca Tue May 01, 2018 11:05 pm

There's that insecurity I was talking about

Lads here just having a discussion and you have to go at me personally. Expect better from you freeza. Again, go enjoy your win, I don't know why you're here getting pissed off
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue May 01, 2018 11:06 pm

Sore losers or not, the Barca fans on here seem to be the only people who want to keep league discussions relevant hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue May 01, 2018 11:07 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Petition to ban farfan unless he changes his club affiliation to Real Madrid and his username to Realfanboyno1halamadrid

As for the rest, I don't have to say anything, do I.
Everyone saw what happened.

FINALLY

I've been calling his BS out for years ffs

Biggest (unofficial) Real fanboy of this forum

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed May 02, 2018 12:27 am

CBarca wrote:Ah yes, I trust the Madrid fan

Bring the game thread up from last year. Everyone but Madrid fans could see how *bleep* Bayern got. No need to be revisionist here.

I think what it is about Madrid fans right now, having to run in to every thread and defend their team, it reeks of insecurity. I recall a post from Hans recently that said as much. It rings true now more than ever.

Why aren't you guys out celebrating?

Instead y'all are in here trying to justify your team. Go enjoy it lmao

As a Madrid fan, it starts to get annoying that what ever RM does, there are multiple threads either bringing up a *possibly* wrong refereeing decision 1-5 years ago, or just moaning that we won.

We all support our respective teams, could you not see how it would get a little old week after week?

No one on this forum has any control over any team outside of your playstations and xboxs, yet we hear the same tired arguments, as if GL members were the wrong-doers. It just detracts from the match itself. So, yes, I can see why posters would get defensive.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 02, 2018 12:32 am

CBarca wrote:Not that I think Barca will lose, but if they did...who gives a shit? The league is already won, you should know, your team are being sore losers about it Laughing

When Madrid and Barca played this year, with league position actually on the line, Barca destroyed Madrid 3-0 in their own home. Did I need to remind you of that?

As oppose to the constant whining, whinging and general ass baggery being displayed by Cules whenever Madrid advance in the CL. You know, the CL, the tournament that your team not only sucks at but also blew a 4-1 lead to the 3rd place team in Serie A, should I remind you of the statistics in that game?

Trust me, we (the fan base) are one and the same when it comes to being insecure. But I guess you get to switch your allegiance conveniently when it suits you.

Last edited by Doc on Wed May 02, 2018 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 02, 2018 12:32 am

vanDEEZ wrote:

Bring the game thread up from last year. Everyone but Madrid fans could see how *bleep* Bayern got. No need to be revisionist here.

I think what it is about Madrid fans right now, having to run in to every thread and defend their team, it reeks of insecurity. I recall a post from Hans recently that said as much. It rings true now more than ever.

As a Madrid fan, it starts to get annoying that what ever RM does, there are multiple threads either bringing up a *possibly* wrong refereeing decision 1-5 years ago, or just moaning that we won.

We all support our respective teams, could you not see how it would get a little old week after week?

No one on this forum has any control over any team outside of your playstations and xboxs, yet we hear the same tired arguments, as if GL members were the wrong-doers. It just detracts from the match itself. So, yes, I can see why posters would get defensive.

Exactly. There's literally 6 threads on the front page about how shit or lucky Madrid are.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 02, 2018 12:33 am

So Madrid fans are allowed to live vicariously through their club and laugh at the fans of the opponents on GL, but they can't handle taking criticism when the ref bails them out hmm

Can't have your cake and eat it too hmm
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed May 02, 2018 12:34 am

vanDEEZ wrote:

It's not whatever Real does though, it's when they're the recipients of blatantly wrong refereeing. Gets just as annoying when you watch a team that consistently benefits from bad refereeing and a fanbase that refuses to recognize it.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 02, 2018 12:37 am

As long as I know of him, Vandeez has always had a sense of maturity on this forum so I could see it how it would be annoying so to speak for him. I, being a complete asshat at times, do love the banter so I really don't mind the threads. I actually love it. Banter is life.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 02, 2018 12:38 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:So Madrid fans are allowed to live vicariously through their club and laugh at the fans of the opponents on GL, but they can't handle taking criticism when the ref bails them out hmm

Can't have your cake and eat it too hmm

Can't handle it?

I think we're handling it pretty well Laughing

It's posters like the Barca fans crying, sucking their thumbs about a football match where they don't even support a team in it.

Seriously. I couldn't care less about Barca, Juve, Bayern, Manchester if my team isn't involved.

We can take the criticism, but we're allowed to hit back as we do every single time there's a thread created. We've had to listen to the same bitches whine about the Bayern tie last year, despite us getting shafted by the ref until Ronaldo's offside goals (game should've been over before that).
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 02, 2018 12:39 am

Doc wrote:As long as I know of him, Vandeez has always had a sense of maturity on this forum so I could see it how it would be annoying so to speak for him. I, being a complete asshat at times, do love the banter so I really don't mind the threads. I actually love it. Banter is life.

I don't mind the banter tbh. I cheer more for banter than memes at this point.

This post has a special place in my heart.

Worst CL refereeing performance since Overbo? - Page 2 Screen11
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 02, 2018 12:40 am

At the end of the day, you're not allowed to piggy back onto the biggest club of all time and rejoice when they beat teams here on GL then at the same time moan when you get some banter thrown your way.

The 'we don't have any influence on our clubs so stop harassing us' argument only holds weight if you say absolutely nothing on GL every time you win a game too. But might as well disband GL if that's the argument.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 02, 2018 12:52 am

lol like there is a fanbase here on GL that would just stay laying down while their club takes criticism.

Criticism is fair, it sparks debate, the point of the matter is that we see things differently. In a game like this one there are always controversial decisions, just like in every CL games, but obviously it's all in favour of Madrid Rolling Eyes

You guys spent days here arguing the Benatia call when it was plain and obvious. why would we accept anything people here say as if it's all true?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed May 02, 2018 12:54 am

CBarca wrote:Not that I think Barca will lose, but if they did...who gives a shit? The league is already won, you should know, your team are being sore losers about it Laughing

tbf league was lost by then hmm

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Reinhard Wed May 02, 2018 12:55 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:lol like there is a fanbase here on GL that would just stay laying down while their club takes criticism.

Criticism is fair, it sparks debate, the point of the matter is that we see things differently. In a game like this one there are always controversial decisions, just like in every CL games, but obviously it's all in favour of Madrid Rolling Eyes

You guys spent days here arguing the Benatia call when it was plain and obvious. why would we accept anything people here say as if it's all true?

Argue with those who use logic , and troll the trolls. More often than not people tend to respond only against the trolls, which essentially creates a downward spiral.
Reinhard
Reinhard
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 02, 2018 12:56 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:lol like there is a fanbase here on GL that would just stay laying down while their club takes criticism.

Accept or deny whatever you want but the VanD argument of 'we don't influence our teams here at GL so leave us Madrid fans alone' is hilarious

Imagine attaching yourself to a club that is probably the biggest in the world, laughing and bantering after every big game win on GL then asking people to leave you alone instead of just arguing back or ignoring it.

Lol no. That's not how it works.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed May 02, 2018 1:00 am

At the end of the day, these restless accusations of ref bias just come with being the dominant team of an era.
Barça had to deal with it during the "UEFALONA " era in 2008-2012, Manchester had to deal with it during the Fergie era, Lyon had to deal with it back when we dominated the league, and Juventus is currently dealing with it in Serie A.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed May 02, 2018 1:01 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:

Accept or deny whatever you want but the VanD argument of 'we don't influence our teams here at GL so leave us Madrid fans alone' is hilarious

Imagine attaching yourself to a club that is probably the biggest in the world, laughing and bantering after every big game win on GL then asking people to leave you alone instead of just arguing back or ignoring it.

once your team is at this level, you'll understand where we come from. Put yourself in our shoes for once ffs

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 02, 2018 1:03 am

Well, people trolled us when we were not winning, and now we are winning and it's because of the ref. it's the attempt of belittling anything successful this club does that gets tiring. Oh well, we support the most successful club ever, it comes with it...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 02, 2018 1:07 am

Sorry nick, don't care about that post. Going to have to ask you to stop because you had zero influence over any of Madrid's achievements. New rules and all. Sure you understand.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 02, 2018 1:10 am

Clutch wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:

once your team is at this level, you'll understand where we come from. Put yourself in our shoes for once ffs

You win the CL because you avoid us.

You can't win the league because you can't avoid us there.

Get on our level Madrid scrubs. Barca will always be superior Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 02, 2018 1:11 am

Hard to beat Barca in CL when they're always KO'd before Spanish teams can meet Sad
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 02, 2018 1:12 am

I just reported for getting too personal in my banter Sad
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 02, 2018 1:12 am

The downside of competing in three competitions every season instead of one I guess (:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 02, 2018 1:14 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:The downside of competing in three competitions every season instead of one I guess (:

As a Juve fan you'd know about competing in only one competition each year considering how there's no competition nationally.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next