terrance511
zigra
titosantill
Mr Nick09
11 posters

Go down

Club World Cup: fifa project Empty Club World Cup: fifa project

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 04, 2018 10:26 pm

It's long been thought that the future of European football will come in the form of a super league composed of the continent's best teams, however Gianni Infantino has plans for to instead expand the Club World Cup.The FIFA president knows the value of the Champions League and hopes to create a new competition that can bring the best club teams from every continent into direct competition every four years.

Infantino believes this project could in time compete with the Champions League, and is seeking the supporter of some of Europe's elite teams.As reported by Mundo Deportivo, the former head of UEFA has met with the leaders of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Arsenal and Juventus in an attempt to canvas support for his project.

At the moment, the clubs aren't supportive of the competition as they see it as a direct attack on the Champions League, as well as the lucrative pre-season tours they all enjoy the benefits of during the summer. Infantino intends to take the proposal to the FIFA Congress to be held in Moscow in June, the planned start date would be in June 2021.

Of the 24 teams taking part, 12 would be from Europe which includes the last four Champions League winners, there would be five teams from South America and two each from Africa, Asia and North America with Oceania offering a sole entrant.The 24 teams would then be divided into eight groups of three teams, the group winner progresses to the next round, each team would play a minimum of two matches each and a maximum of five.

i think for european teams it's the last 4 winners + last 4 finalists + 4 teams with highest coefficient outside of those 8.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Club World Cup: fifa project Empty Re: Club World Cup: fifa project

Post by titosantill Fri May 04, 2018 11:27 pm

fifa needs to just stick with the world cup and forget these unnecessary friendlies- if clubs aren't getting any major benefit from it ala automatic ucl qualification, extremely huge financial reimbursement; not just for winning but for participating , i don't see the need for it at all. it just seems like another avenue to run athletes into the ground and for fifa to make up change that they can't make up regularly cos the world cup (still the biggest football competition imo) is every 4 years

and i don't see uefa agreeing to a move to have this affect ucl qualification, so fifa really needs to come up with something else. i bet they've not even done the logistics of hosting the event and how they'll come up with that....which is another scam waiting to happen when money starts changing hands
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri May 04, 2018 11:49 pm

Obviously it would involve big money.
And it's still trash.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sat May 05, 2018 4:55 am

am i an odd 1 for actually like this?

definitely better than those copa del rey, fa cup etc coca cola cup.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat May 05, 2018 12:32 pm

I honestly think itll be much better if they rotated the hosts so that each confederation has a chance to host
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 05, 2018 10:52 pm

Put me down as definitely opposed to this, as well I would expect the players to be (but of course their voiced won’t be consulted nor listen to).

The calendar is already fully packed including the friendlies that are essential to a season start. They are simply burning the players out and resulting in needless injuries. Keep in mind that they are essentially eliminating NT friendlies as well which were the only games, the NT had to establish their teams.

Someone should tell them stop trying to over milk this golden cow, don’t try to fix what isn’t broken.

They should instead try to eliminate something, maybe the current world club championship.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun May 06, 2018 1:10 am

Terrible idea. Players are already super fatigued by the tough schedules: internationals, friendlies, Uefa competitions, play-offs, league, preseasons.

We need fewer matches not more. But in a world where money talks, I won't be totally surprised if something like this happens unfortunately.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 16, 2018 4:39 am

Reports in Italy suggest FIFA’s revamped Club World Cup will start in 2021, with Juventus, Inter and Milan all invited.

World football’s governing body is seeking to expand the current tournament, which features the winners of the UEFA, CONCACAF, AFC, CAF, OFC and CONMEBOL Champions Leagues.

FIFA wants to expand the tournament to revamp the tournament, holding it every four years in a deal would could be worth around €21bn.

Today’s Gazzetta dello Sport reports that the first edition will be played in June 2021, with the teams selected by invitiation.

It would comprise the most successful clubs in history, with Juve, Inter, and Milan all being invited from Serie A.

The FIFA Council could approve the move before this summer’s World Cup, but if there is broad consensus it could even be rubber stamped at an extraordinary meeting this month.

The dates for 2021 have already been selected, Gazzetta reports, with the tournament to run from June 10 to 28.

There would be 24 teams divided into eight groups of three, with the eight group winners competing in the knockout phase.

In the knockout rounds matches will last 90 minutes and go immediately to penalties in the event of a draw.

So far there is no host, but China is believed to be keen to host the event, not least to practice for a future World Cup bid.

Half of the teams would come from UEFA, with two from Africa, two from Asia and two from North America.

Three South American teams would qualify automatically, with a play-off between a fourth side and an Oceania representative to make up the 24 teams.

Given that the first tournament will be invitational, FIFA has already drawn up a prospective list of the teams to take part.

Real Madrid, Milan, Bayern, Barcelona, ​​Liverpool, Ajax, Inter and Manchester United will all be invited, as will Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain.

The final place would be taken by one of Manchester City, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Porto, Benfica or Borussia Dortmund.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed May 16, 2018 4:44 am

It was named European Dream League in FIFA '99

Club World Cup: fifa project B8ylW57CAAARnzM

Last edited by Robespierre on Wed May 16, 2018 4:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 16, 2018 4:45 am

Club World Cup: fifa project 32396430_10157496460263696_7425478759446216704_o

Bloodfeud booked for 2021 @Frenzy

Anyways thoughts on this ? (if true)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed May 16, 2018 4:52 am

It's absoutely crap .
What is the sense of Uefa Champions League then ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 16, 2018 4:57 am

If its being hosted once every 4 years, and if the current club world cup is removed, then why is it a bad idea ? I dont think this would reduce the prestige of UCL in any way.

Ofcourse this is money motivated. Its pretty obvious at this point.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed May 16, 2018 7:31 am

This is so happening.
Another way to fill up Real Madrid with money and trophies Smile
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed May 16, 2018 7:51 am

Holy crap all that money let's do it lads, let's do it
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 16, 2018 7:53 am

zigra wrote:Obviously it would involve big money.
And it's still trash.
i think that sums it up tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 16, 2018 8:02 am

I think I read each club would be getting something like 75 millions at least
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 16, 2018 8:03 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:I think I read each club would be getting something like 75 millions at least
and they would all be bitching about the extra games they have to play.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed May 16, 2018 8:10 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:I think I read each club would be getting something like 75 millions at least

I think the picture says 60m just for taking part. Could be more though, maybe 60m for taking part and then you get something for every game etc.

AND WE IN

DO IT
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 16, 2018 8:11 am

zigra wrote:

I think the picture says 60m just for taking part. Could be more though, maybe 60m for taking part and then you get something for every game etc.

AND WE IN

DO IT

Yes its 60M for taking part

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content