New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

+24
Kick
Vibe
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
McAgger
Raptorgunner
Eman
Unique
boyzis
AnJl
messixaviesta
iftikhar
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
Chumlum
Sina
S
Jay29
El Gunner
Twoism
urbaNRoots
28 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 10 Empty Re: New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Post by Jay29 Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:18 am

Nuno Santo is the priority. Club is talking to his entourage.

Could be another Zaha/Pepe situation. Or could be another underwhelming appointment. We'll see.

All I say is that Sanllehi has good connections to Jorge Mendes.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 10 Empty Re: New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Post by Twoism Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:38 am

Nuno as manager screams Raul connection method again. Probably pick up the phone, call his pal Mendes and ask for recommendation. Nuno and Ruben Neves to replace Xhakha in Jan no problem. Ppls talk positively about Nuno but he's in same tier as Unai, decent manager but not someone I can see staying for years and establish an era. When I watch Wolve play, I don't see the excitement or strong philosophy, I see pragmatic team getting the most out of what it has. And he is not overachieving, Wolves is basically lite Portugal at this point.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:40 am

Nuno doesn't sound inspiring at all.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:45 am

Congratulations are in order.

As for Nuno and the Mendes connection, maybe it could mean that Ruben Neves will follow?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:54 am

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:56 am

RealGunner wrote:Nuno doesn't sound inspiring at all.

true - i can see it more likely turn into another failure.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:56 am

RealGunner wrote:

now this.... is the dream
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:00 pm

RealGunner wrote:

Mediocre source, unfortunately.

Let's prepare for Nuno, and if not him, then Arteta. Anyone with non spanish links has no business with Raul Sanllehi.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:01 pm

Arteta over Nuno tbh.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:21 pm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:33 pm

Also this piece from James Olley in the Standard outlines some of the things that went wrong:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-players-unai-emery-sacked-a4300281.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1575028586

- Players were openly mocking Emery after the 1-1 draw to Vitoria, including audible jokes about how many captains there were
- Emery's tactical sessions went on too long as players struggled to grasp what he wanted of them
- He wasn't a good communicator, it seems. Didn't connect with long-term staff at the club, barely interacted with some of the players, and struggled with English
- There was a lack of drills on the training ground to improve the team's defending, which annoyed some of the coaches there
- Emery never really settled in England and returned to Spain frequently

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:42 pm

Since it appears Freddie can manage the team until the summer, stick with him and then look for Tuchel/ten Hag or anyone else who might become available.

Unless you can get Pochettino/Allegri now, you just do it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:53 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Since it appears Freddie can manage the team until the summer, stick with him and then look for Tuchel/ten Hag or anyone else who might become available.

This plan is blatantly stolen, down to the last detail, from another club
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:55 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Since it appears Freddie can manage the team until the summer, stick with him and then look for Tuchel/ten Hag or anyone else who might become available.

roflrofl

We‘ll take anyone you don‘t want out of these Laughing

Forgot about Marco Rose, he could be an option too.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:32 pm

i wonder if the next manager will get more than 20 games. hmm
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:33 pm

Unique wrote:i wonder if the next manager will get more than 20 games. hmm

Why do you wonder that?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:35 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:

Why do you wonder that?
urbaNRoots wrote:

Why do you wonder that?
because arsenal fans seem to turn on a manager faster than madrid fans these days.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:39 pm

Unique wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Why do you wonder that?
because arsenal fans seem to turn on a manager faster than madrid fans these days.

Says the guy who turned on Jürgen fucking Klopp.

OUT.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:47 pm

Serious question, would you take Niko Kovac?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:49 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

roflrofl

We‘ll take anyone you don‘t want out of these Laughing

Forgot about Marco Rose, he could be an option too.

Rose only started at Gladbach this season, I certainly would be surprised if he moves on so quickly and frankly I'd (from the perspective of a high pressure club) also wait and see how he does over a more meaningful period of time
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:54 pm

Unique wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Why do you wonder that?
urbaNRoots wrote:

Why do you wonder that?

how can you come to this conclusion when we've only had one permanent manager after Wenger thus far?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:56 pm

Fabrizio Romano has said Allegri is not an option.

I'd have to say no to Nico Kovac as well. He's seems yet another rigid coach who doesn't know how to control a game and is overly concerned with the opposition.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:06 pm

Jay29 wrote:Fabrizio Romano has said Allegri is not an option.

how, what's the reason he has given for that piece of information?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:14 pm

He hasn't specified. Only said that Allegri was "not in the race".

I've seen other bits and pieces say he's not ready to return to management yet, and would prefer a return in the summer, but I haven't found a good source for that yet.

Anyway, there's more stuff in the Athletic about Emery's tenure:

- Ramsey had a meeting with him way back at the start of last season, but came away without knowing what his role in the team was
- Ozil was dropped because data showed he made less sprints in away games than he did in home games
- The feeling around the Ozil situation was that he'd outlast Emery
- Koscielny fell out with Emery after he was played five times in the space of two weeks following his achilles injury
- Preparation for the EL final was poor. Arsenal flew out early against the advice of medical staff, and Emery insisted preparation for the game wouldn't begin until after the PL season was finished.
- The team talk for the Palace match last season was delegated to the team's travel coordinator
- Denis Suarez was his personal recommendation and expected to be a key part of his plan, but wasn't played
- Emery wanted Zaha, but got Pepe
- Monreal, Iwobi and Mkhitaryan were key parts of his plan, but they were sold to accommodate younger players
- Emery spoke to another player before eventually deciding to make Xhaka captain, which pissed him off
- He then delayed deciding who the new captain would be
- Maitland-Niles hasn't been playing because he publicly said he didn't want to play right back
- Luiz had a recent falling out with one of the coaches for, and I quote, "feeling demeaned that the coach was treating him like a child by trying to teach him how to defend"
- And this:

Privately, many players complained of simply not understanding what Emery wanted from them. Language was of course, a factor, but as the pressure role Emery’s ideas seemed to become more muddled. An expanding vocabulary did not lead to an improvement in clarity. In recent weeks, even those players who Emery would have considered his lieutenants have deserted him. Within the squad, there has been an acceptance for some weeks that a change was inevitable.

Last edited by Jay29 on Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:15 pm

Jay29 wrote:He hasn't specified. Only said that Allegri was "not in the race".

I've seen other bits and pieces say he's not ready to return to management yet, and would prefer a return in the summer, but I haven't found a good source for that yet.

we have a good source for that, as @Robespierre said so too
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:35 pm

I can't tell if none of this stuff has come out about Poch because Spurs run a tight ship and haven't allowed anything to come out, or because there really wasn't a dressing room issue (as there obviously was here)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next