New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

+24
Kick
Vibe
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
McAgger
Raptorgunner
Eman
Unique
boyzis
AnJl
messixaviesta
iftikhar
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
Chumlum
Sina
S
Jay29
El Gunner
Twoism
urbaNRoots
28 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 12 Empty Re: New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Post by CBarca Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:04 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Seems like Pochettino is our first choice, then Rodgers and Arteta if they refuses us.

Absolutely bullshit about Allegri btw, he probably refused. I don’t want to believe that our idiotic board doesn’t even consider him.

They said the same thing about Tottenham. I think he told both clubs to piss off before news got out that they were considering him

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 12 Empty Re: New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Post by Sina Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:49 pm

Sina wrote:The rest of this league campaign is like overly extended pre season anyway,so plenty of time for Arteta to gain experience  :coffee:

it was half serious but it applies doesn't it?

Poch/Allegri will wait for better offers,Nagelsmann.Marco Rose wont leave just after one season (in the summer)
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:46 pm

RealGunner wrote:It just feels like those roles are just big names and not actual positions at the club lol. If Josh wants Jesse Marsch in as our manager, none of the 4 horses of apocalypse will say no to him lol.

Technical director, head of football, managing director. it's just all bullshit names lol

That's probably the feeling that made me ask the question in such a puzzled tone.

I mean, there's a lot of work to do in a football club, and it's not surprising there could be various versions of a DoF, technical director, sporting executive, at various clubs, with various areas of competency and level of power.

Even at Bayern alone, it would be difficult to sketch who makes decisions exactly, and people like Sammer, Reschke, Brazzo, have had roles named sporting excutive, sporting director, technical director.

But the people at Arsenal, they don't seem to have the gravitas, experience, and CV to suddenly have these roles, it feels. Sanllehi wasn't DoF at Barca, he was something in between.
If Rangnick, say, were hired as DoF you'd know who makes decisions and based on what strategy.
What competency and power does Edu have, in relation to Sanllehi, for example?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:01 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:42 pm

Hope you all enjoy low block 442. Neutral

He had decent success with Valencia. Got them playing a rapid transition style that was really effective for a year, but their attack fell off a cliff the following season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:08 pm

Very good coach but seems to me a very wrong fit for Arsenal. Arsenal need some flair IMO.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:13 pm

I am sure most mid range managers are just begging their agents to spark some fire.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:57 pm

Somehow the idea of Ancelotti is forming into a picture of promise, in my mind

after Wenger I would have thought it would have been a bad choice, but in the absolute state of shambles in which your team is now, for some fucking reason I don't really get, Ancelotti could be good

Players like him, he's got authority, and he can put out a team
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:02 pm

Not even a new manager bounce with this bunch Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:04 pm

because it's not a new manager

it's the assistant who was already there

I think it's obvious Arsenal need to hire a proper manager ASAP, with all that involves, the state of the team is too precarious to indulge a guy like Ljundberg, promising as he may be, to some on the job training
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:12 pm

I actually dont know who can fix it. Intense managers like Simeone or Rose might just break these players, they are not young anymore and the idea of new philosophy drilled into them this late sounds bad. They are playing out there without any direction. The "people" managers like Ancelotti could work but for how long i'm not sure. The pressure of immediate top 4 and the hopefulness of starting from clean slate just conflict left and right.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:13 pm

need a totally authoritarian coach that will axe underperforming players and tell every single player what their role in the team is and if they don't fulfil it, then gtfo.

Ancelloti or Benitez maybe.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:17 pm

There is no pressure of "immediate top 4", is there?
The pressure is to not look like this shambles of a team, and play with some sort of coherence for a game or two.

Surely there's a number of managers who could be hired to achieve that.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:32 pm

I mean pressure to get top 4 next season, after the shit show of last 2 years, fans will be quick to turn. Pool gave Klopp 3 years, will Arsenal give manager like Rose, Nagelsmann or Simeone that long? I would say no, at most they have 1 year. And if u cant get top 4 next year ( or even this year) bunch of good players will leave.

As for this season, all eggs are in EL basket and hopefully EL spot again. Whether new manager apointed tomorrow or next year, board sill have to plan their goal one year ahead for manager and believe me, the pitchforks are always there.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:38 pm

if we cant qualify for CL via either routes then i definitely hope we have No European football at all next season
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:22 am

Twoism wrote:Pool gave Klopp 3 years, will Arsenal give manager like Rose, Nagelsmann or Simeone that long? I would say no, at most they have 1 year.

Honestly, I don't know what that means, they "gave Klopp 3 years". How did they give him 3 years, and what for? To win the CL?

He wasn't fired for not reaching top 4 after 8 months, that's true, however he beat City and Chelsea away with breathtaking football within a matter of weeks, got the team to a EL final within a season, and then reached top 4 in his first full season.

Managers are usually given time when there are signs they are doing good work, and with a manager like Klopp the signs are there immediately and they are hard to miss, and with other good managers it will be similar.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:12 am

You are correct in Klopp case because improvement was there but the timing is really bad for any new manager to come in Arsenal now. Arsenal as a club just splashed big amount of cash last summer (something the owner was not well known and I gave credit to them) because Unai was supposed to carry on this season with all "the signs". This year was supposed to be the year we make it, we're elevated to top 4 once again. Things turn to shit fast and now the club is left in shamble with so many things need to be fixed.

- We definitely need new manager quick and I think fans all agree with this.
- Next manager is make or break because one more fail project and I don't think Arsenal could recover with this group of players
- Next manager has to be flexible and get the best out of these players cause I don't think Arsenal could have one or two more big spending windows. So managers like Simeone who prefer certain kind of players will have a hard time. As successful as he has been, he also turned so many wingers to shit due to his work rate demand.
- As bad as we're, I'm ok with the club miss out CL or even EL if it means we could completely rebuild with fresh project, club, star players, fans won't be though. No CL/EL money, no player pulling power, star players leaving (those front line looking to leave), it's domino effect.

So the next 2,3 decisions have to perfect, one more wrong move and we're dead. The more I look at it, the more Ancelotti option makes sense.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:10 am

Ancelotti is available cheers

what do we say?

Yes please?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:50 am

It's a yes for me, Ancelotti for 2-3 years
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:04 am

Bring in Ancelotti, has experience in the Premier League and working with big name players. Could win us the EL even if he won't help us much in the league.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:19 pm

Absolutely yes but for short term.

But Poch still no.1

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:27 am

RealGunner wrote:Absolutely yes but for short term.

But Poch still no.1

Agreed. If Poch is possible, definitively him ahead of Carlo.
If not, Carlo is absolutely great for now.

Recent reports sound like we won't go for Poch with Tuchel becoming likely, so maybe there's a chance for Arsenal
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:24 am

The only problem I see is that if Tuchel goes to Bayern, then PSG almost certainly make a move for Pochettino. He will take a few trophies with PSG (and their money) anyday over our new "project".

However that leaves out ten Hag, wonder how he will take being linked from Bayern/Barca to Arsenal Laughing

Pretty sure we will wait until the summer to make the decision and if it means we miss on Ancelotti, we will.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:51 am

Ten Hag is still very much a candidate for us, I don't know how real the Tuchel stuff is.

However, Lothar said yesterday that he "knows" (apparently he's friendly with Nasser Al-Khelaifi) that Tuchel will be fired if he doesn't make the CL final this season..
Hoeness, who sabotaged the Tuchel appointment, is gone, Rummenigge always was for Tuchel, Brazzo has been pushing for Pochettino, but both the lack of German seems to be a problem as does Poch's somewhat more reactive style of play, which is explicitly not what the board and Rummenigge in particualar strive for the club to practice.
Also, Pochettino would likely want to bring all his staff and assistants etc, while we tend to favour more mixed solutions, with some staff and assistant coming from the club (this might actually be where a great solution could lie, as Tuchel and Flick are close and maybe Flick could actually stay on as assistant with Tuchel coming in).
(This is also btw what was a huge point of friction with Ancelotti, his crew of staff that was perceived to be favouritism towards his clan, what with his son being the assistant manager etc.. I read at Napoli similar problems arose, he insists to bring his son whom the players don't seem to actually respect so much)
Ten Hag is a candidate that is probably liked by all sides.
The big question mark in this is Olli Kahn's position, which I don't yet know.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:09 pm

The one sticking point that makes me doubt Ancelloti is that his training of the players were so bad at Bayern that the players used to conduct their own training, with Robben saying that "his son's youth team had better training"

And if there is one thing that these Arsenal players need, its training. So it actually scares me.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:19 pm

AnJl wrote:The one sticking point that makes me doubt Ancelloti is that his training of the players were so bad at Bayern that the players used to conduct their own training, with Robben saying that "his son's youth team had better training"

And if there is one thing that these Arsenal players need, its training. So it actually scares me.

It's an issue with his staff. He used to have Paul Clement as assistant manager, at Real, and then in his first half year at Bayern. Players seem to like his training a lot.
Clement left to take over some Championship club (still a bit puzzled why we let such an integral part of the staff leave midseason), Carlo then brought in his son, something like 28
years old, to be assistant manager. Also, the physio apparently used to smoke in the dressing room etc lmao.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next