Chumlum
urbaNRoots
Jay29
Unique
RealGunner
29 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:47 pm

Why not?

Spurs, City, Liverpool are finishing top 3.

Chelsea have a much better defence than us and united have much better individual talent. Both will finish above us.

it will take at least 3 signings in Jan + our injured players back + less conceding to actually have a chance.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:55 pm

Dont see any realistic attacking signing in Jan that would be satisfying
Just use Özil+Ramsey until end of the season and for now sign a Center back
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:14 am

I have bad news for u guys, Denis Suarez has been bad for Barca for quite sometimes as I watch them regularly. I'm not sure what keep holding them back from offload him, free or not. I don't think he's good fit for what Unai wants either. We want pacy winger which Suarez isn't one, we need someone tough who could beat 1 on 1, he's not that either. He's very weird player, not fast or strong enough to play on the wing, not composed enough to play in the middle but sometimes can pull off some sick moves and then shit bed with his finishing.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:40 am

After watching Andre Gomes for Everton, I'm not convinced "bad for Barcelona" means the player in question is all that bad.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:13 am

Have no doubts about his attacking game, the guy is like a mini-Cazorla with his close control/passing/running with the ball.

I‘m just a bit puzzled by Emerys vision (as Ornstein put it). Emery doesn‘t like Özil and Ramsey because of their lack of defensive game which is fair enough but then wants us to sign Denis Suarez, who unless I‘m wrong is not much better in that regard.

Still think he would fit very well with XHAKA/Torreira in midfield. Has that penetrative game in his locker room that we need.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:17 am

IMO from the little I saw from Denis Suarez he would be the completely wrong signing for Arsenal's midfield.

Lightweight player if I ever saw one. If Torreira is "only 5 feet tall", what will they sing of Denis?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:46 am

He's taller than Torreira. hmm

Anyway, I don't think Emery wants Suarez specifically. He wasn't his biggest fan when the two were at Sevilla. But remember, it's Mislintat, not Emery, who makes the signings now, and by the sounds of things we're exploring short-term options to cover the squad until the summer, when we can sell some players and spend a bit more freely.

They may look on this as a stop-gap with the potential to be a cut-price deal if the player shows good form and the potential to improve. If it doesn't work, he returns to Barcelona.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:26 pm

Sabitzer in ,Mkhi out would be nice
don't know how much he would cost
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:56 am

What do you guys think of Godin on a free transfer? We need leaders at the back and at 32 he still can give us 2 good years??
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:34 pm

RAC1: #AFC and Chelsea have made offers for Denis Suarez who will decide his future in a week. He would either join one of the 2 London cubs or stay in Barca till June [via @FCBRAC1]
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:35 pm

Fuming The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 26 2276801876
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:19 pm

:fishing:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:25 pm

mani88 wrote:What do you guys think of Godin on a free transfer? We need leaders at the back and at 32 he still can give us 2 good years??

Would be very surprised if Godin would take the step down to join you for his one last great move.
He'd improve any team, of course, without a doubt.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:02 pm

Sina wrote:

Fuming The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 26 2276801876
It's actually outrageous that Liverpool also sold their 3rd choice keeper Danny Ward to be a squad player at Leicester and still made 12.5M while we're haggling over getting 3.5M for Ospina from Napoli.

I feel as though the club is trying to set a precedent that we will only do business for reasonable prices, and that we lowball when signing players but we also sell for cheap because we're fundamentally against spending unsustainable fees on players. It forces other clubs to be reasonable with us when we barter because they know they can't screw with us. It's similar to what Bayern are trying to do, and in ways it can be considered both shrewd and admirable.

Having said that, it also makes us look like absolute clowns at times, and gives our competition an immense competitive advantage to sign the type of players that cannot be bought on the cheap while we go around haggling and splitting hairs over what should be peanuts for us financially. I would like to hope that it will pay off in the long-term but prices aren't going down for players globally and we will probably be behind the competition for as long as they stay where they are.

Personally, I see us losing Ramsey and bringing in any of the CMs we're linked to as a big step in the wrong direction. We aren't being seriously linked to anyone who is realistically at Ramsey's level in any position tbh - there are guys on the market like Godin sure, but you know we aren't going to sign them. I get that we still need to offload some dead weight, and I believe that the current leadership team has performed well for the past 2 transfer windows prior to this one, but they better pull an ace out of their sleeve soon because this window is looking like it will only weaken us so far.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:08 pm

We're just very poorly run from the top down, end of.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:15 pm

Jay do you know about Lloyd Kelly?

we should stockpile young talents
some will come good and if not we would at least have some assets to sell unlike now
No excuses @Mislintat
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:07 am

Links with Suarez are getting stronger.

Watched a youtube compilation of his

welcome right footed messi/ramsey hybrid

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:21 am

Sina wrote:Jay do you know about Lloyd Kelly?

we should stockpile young talents
some will come good and if not we would at least have some assets to sell unlike now
No excuses @Mislintat

Not a name I'm too familiar with. Seems he's just made his England u21 breakthrough, though I've a feeling that's because Ben Chilwell is now in the senior squad.

Also appears to be linked with Liverpool, if that means anything.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:32 am

It's actually outrageous that Liverpool also sold their 3rd choice keeper Danny Ward to be a squad player at Leicester and still made 12.5M while we're haggling over getting 3.5M for Ospina from Napoli.

This just highlights the difference between the domestic and foreign markets.

The Premier League is flush and has several clubs looking to spend big to improve their squads. Liverpool have exploited this to great effect. They've sold off Ibe, Solanke, Sakho, Benteke, Ward and Smith for huge fees to the likes of Bournemouth and Crystal Palace. They can do that because there's a weird demand there for hand-me-downs from top clubs.

Arsenal, on the other hand, have struggled to do this. We sold Lucas Perez to West Ham for £4m when, in this market, we could have held out for much more. Ospina is someone we could have sold to a PL team looking for a good international keeper for ten times the amount we'll sell him for Napoli for. The foreign market isn't as rich or as competitive, hence the vastly lower fees we're getting for players. That's how Szczesny ends up leaving for £12m and not £32m.

Arsenal on the whole need to get a lot better at selling players. It'll be crucial towards having more money to improve the squad.

Personally, I see us losing Ramsey and bringing in any of the CMs we're linked to as a big step in the wrong direction. We aren't being seriously linked to anyone who is realistically at Ramsey's level in any position tbh - there are guys on the market like Godin sure, but you know we aren't going to sign them. I get that we still need to offload some dead weight, and I believe that the current leadership team has performed well for the past 2 transfer windows prior to this one, but they better pull an ace out of their sleeve soon because this window is looking like it will only weaken us so far.

We won't be weaker this window because nobody's leaving. Juventus won't pay out for Ramsey when they can sign him on a pre-contract deal instead and just wait until the summer (it's not like they need him now). Ozil isn't going anywhere. The only players who'll leave will be youth players on loan.

The summer window will see the bigger upheaval, and I'm sure we will look for good replacements for Ramsey by that time.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:08 am

Jay29 wrote:He's taller than Torreira. hmm

He might be taller, but he projects much more tininess. Everytime I saw him, he looked lost in midfield for Barca. As if a U13 player by mistake got fielded with the adults.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:46 pm

better be 6 month loan and Not permanent if it happens
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:27 pm

there are alot talented footballers playing now as compared to a decade before. arsenal really dont need to be spending alot of money to get a class player. who knew about kosc, torreria etc. denis suarez is a good player. lets see how he turns out.

one of the major reasons liverpool and spurs are improved over the years is because of the players they sold and the players they bought using the money. i am pointing to bale and coutino.
arsenal need to do the same i.e. invest heavily in the squad and hope it comes good. if you look at the arsenal balances sheet there is just 200 M pounds of cash sitting there doing nothing. even if arsenal spend half of that in transfers they would drastically improve the squad.

in the past arsenal lost rvp and fabregas. they sold them back then now they want to run down the players contracts so that they dont hold them to ransom. its understandable.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:26 pm

Hope we move for Zagadou before its too late
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:39 am

Wonder if we can ask Real Madrid for Vinicius Junior on season Loan for next season when they buy some star attackers
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:07 am

Thoughts on Denis Suarez and Medhi Benatia for this window ? and which one u prefer, loan, loan with option to buy or straight buy ?

I prefer loan with option to buy for Suarez, and loan only for Benatia.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:50 am

Definitely just 6 month loan,anything else is bad
We can do better
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next