Chumlum
urbaNRoots
Jay29
Unique
RealGunner
29 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Robespierre Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:01 pm

Is reliable this guy?

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:06 pm

Not really, but it’s an interesting option for sure. Much better than the obligation clause but not sure if Inter agree to it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:12 pm

Unai said two so we will see
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:18 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Robespierre wrote:What I wonder
Arsenal offer loan because they don't want (to give money) or they can't for this session ?

Who can respond me ?
Just to make idea if this transfer can evolve

We really don't have money. Rather do loan signings as they are cheaper. We will have money in summer though
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:19 pm

Twoism wrote:

Unai said two so we will see

Perisic and a RB please

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:30 pm

it has been 10 years since that Arshavin saga which i was very excited about
time flies!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:52 pm

Arshavin remains one of the most talented players i have ever seen at Arsenal.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:57 pm

This has to be the least exciting transfer window I've witnessed as an Arsenal fan. Names linked: Perisic, Suarez, Carrasco, Nkunku Laughing

FUCK.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:53 am

Perisic is levels above those others
question is Not if he is any good
but rather has he still got it in him to perform and be worth the investment?
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 am

urbaNRoots wrote:This has to be the least exciting transfer window I've witnessed as an Arsenal fan. Names linked: Perisic, Suarez, Carrasco, Nkunku Laughing

FUCK.
That is because never in last 20 years have an Arsenal manager came out and said WE HAVE NO MONEY TO BUY PLAYERS. Hence players like even Nkunku are linked with a with a loan move only. So no Nzonzi, M'villa etc reports this time.
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:06 am

Sina wrote:Perisic is levels above those others

Perisic has scored 3 league goals this season and has 2 assists in 18 games. How much better is that than Iwobi’s 2 goals and 4 assists in 20 games? Perisic is not any more exciting than these others, just more expensive.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:16 am

I already questioned if he worth the investment
but his form last season(first half of the season in particular) was more than good enough so it is not like he lacks quality

anyway my stance on this window from 3 weeks ago
Sina wrote:Club Not having money to spend might as well be blessing in disguise
prevent us from more stupid signings

close the window already unless there is smart under the radar signing

No thanks to D.Suarez or Carrasco unless its 6 month loan without an option/obligation to buy
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:48 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
Sina wrote:Perisic is levels above those others

Perisic has scored 3 league goals this season and has 2 assists in 18 games. How much better is that than Iwobi’s 2 goals and 4 assists in 20 games? Perisic is not any more exciting than these others, just more expensive.

Perisic is Maradona compared to Iwobi. He will be a success for us.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:51 am

Yeah honestly, I want to say I believe in Iwobi, and he has flashes of brilliance, but he is very inconsistent and looks really unsure of himself most of the time that he's on the pitch. He should have been loaned a couple of seasons ago to build his confidence up imo. As things are, I feel like he gets gametime purely because we have no real wingers. If we sign a decent winger in the next 2 windows and get Nelson back playing the way he currently is in Germany, I don't see Iwobi having a future here.

He could really use an Alex Song / Aaron Ramsey-esque improvement out of nowhere.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:24 am

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t actually rate Iwobi that highly either. I was just pointing out how bad Perisic has been by comparing him to Iwobi.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:52 am

I dont like Iwobi at all, but thats not because of his goals and assists but because he fails to do what he needs to do i.e. stretch the defence. Create space between his full back and CB. But because everyone know what he is about (similar to what per is doing in EMAN's signature) it is easy to contain him and every once in while he gets past his full-back his cross is so disappointing whether played aerial or along the ground.
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:13 pm

Looks like Denis Suarez has signed an extension with Barca and they finally accepted our loan + option to buy for him.

Will be done soon but we want one more signing added to that.

All according to reliable catalan sources.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:57 pm

According to the Evening Standard and Guardian, we're still negotiating how much the purchase will fee be. However, since Suarez has agreed to extend his contract, Barcelona have let us have an option to buy instead of a mandatory purchase.

Sounds like it'll be done soon.

That means Perisic is the other loan we're trying to get done.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:04 pm

Iwobi and D.Suarez
We Go [outside of top 6 like early-mid 90s] again
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:29 pm

It's cool that Ornstein acknowledges what other outlets are saying rather than try and spin info as his own.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:30 pm

Suarez is a great addition. Perisic/Carrasco as well and we are better than we were a week ago.

Top 4 is unlikely since United are more likely to finish 3rd than 5th atm while Higuain is a match winner alongside Hazard.

Our only shot is at the EL and with those two players we might have a chance.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:33 pm

Mediocre player,we should be doing better
if we cant,just don't sign anyone
current team is good enough to win EL
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:33 am

I would classify Suarez as a promising signing to give us flair in a midfield that is a bit predictable. It's the type of signing we needed so although nothing is certain about his ability to improve our quality, it's a good move for where we are.

Perisic offers everything we don't have: good crossing, dribbles past players, shoots from distance effectively, is good in the air. He's probably not going to be the world class winger we want but he is a good guy to fill those holes in our attack when we have no other wingers.

Looking ahead to the summer, we probably still need another offensive signing and a few defensive changes even if we make those moves permanent, but if we end this month with Perisic and Suarez, we'll have done as good a job as can be expected when the club refuses to finance permanent moves.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:32 am

I am a Perisic fan but indeed he was crap this year. Poor numbers say much but not everything. Anyway they say enough in this case, his performances were poor regardless of numbers.

I believed it had to with World Cup tbh, so I hoped for his "resurrection", but when Marotta explained that Perisic wants to go to Arsenal, I've thought it had to with motivations.
Because a discontent player underperforms and Croatians are a good example of it.

Probably he'd play good again under Emery as he did in his first years in Inter ( even though inconsistency but at the end he's a solid player)

Anyway deal seems more and more difficult as time passes.

Does Denis Suarez exclude Perisic ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:06 am

would have preferred him to Suarez Honestly
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:06 am

Sina wrote:Mediocre player,we should be doing better
if we cant,just don't sign anyone
current team is good enough to win EL

That’s bold statement, I dont think we are favorite to win EL. Mediocre might not be the right world, average maybe. Unai might not be entirely convinced by them either hence we are trying really hard with those loan and option instead of obligation. He desperately needs players for those positions as I feel like we might crash and burn the moment Laca or Auba injued or off form.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next