The Demon of Carthage
phenom
futbol_bill
27 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

2018 / 2019 season prediction - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 / 2019 season prediction

Post by The Madrid One Wed May 30, 2018 4:22 pm

I'm hearing Zidane will have more voice and power over transfers, with this in mind i doubt we bring in Odriozola as we would have enough with Carvajal, Nacho, and an improving Hakimi, and regarding Vallejo, if we get someone like Gimenez i think that means that Vallejo would be gone indefinitely, which wouldn't be so bad because he needs a lot of minutes to grow and has to prove he isn't a perma-injured type of player.

Regarding strikers, time will tell; and i see people confident that Bale will leave but i don't see it that clear. Lack of available elite forwards and Perez' appreciation of him might result in Bale staying. I think it can be said that Zidane ostracized Bale last season and when asked about Bale's comments about playing time Zidane seemed a bit indifferent and said that things wouldn't change regarding his player choices. We have already seen Zidane flex muscle with James, Bale, Llorente, Ceballos, and the Kepa transfer, hope he remains cold to Bale and this puts the nail on the coffin. Bale has nothing to do here anymore.

Also, due to our success, Zidane being here, and having a pretty good squad, i doubt Flo makes any James-like Galactico purchases this WC time around.

The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 30, 2018 4:32 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Well this thread is all about what we want as fans, we are not in zidane's head to know what he wants... you still don't know what you are talking about
*reads thread title*
*2018/2019 predictions*
*predictions*
*predictions ≠ wants*

Is the english language a struggle nick?  Laughing  Laughing
Been a while since I had a good laugh.

this thread is about predictions for the upcoming season. im actually making predictions. Benz will remain the starting cf unless there is a new variable introduced to change that but so far nothing.

CR7 has a 60/40 chance of leaving. if that tax stuff is legit, im predicting flo not gonna pay up.  bale will stay unless the meeting ends with him asking to leave. we dont keep players who want to go, thats one policy/variable that's consistent.

and since that Benzema will continue on having his efforts in cl rewarded with trust, we'll only sign a backup/rotation option in benz spot.

our main goal is currently Nerman who isnt a cf. And our resources will be more or less focused on him and whomever stands out the most in this upcoming world cup. And if not nerman, the 2nd best thing to Nerman. our priorities at the minimum are clear.

Personally if i could choose, I would sign Kane and Griezmann. lewa is too old and 40 goals in one season is not easy to ignore. and griezmann brings home the talent without the lockerroom drama of nerman or the pricetag. buts thats just me.

james was nice but im not a fan of picking players because they had good world cups. World cup is unpredictable. and so are the performances. its far more of a gamble to sign a world cup superstar than it is to sign a player who was on his league's team of the season.

just take a good look at the legendary BBC in my sig.
None of them were signed because they had a good wc.

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Wed May 30, 2018 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed May 30, 2018 4:36 pm

Gimenez would be a great capture. I am kind of surprised he would be on our radar to be honest. Him and Nacho would be much better complements and backups than Nacho and Vallejo.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed May 30, 2018 4:38 pm

Turok, you should really stop. You're simultaneously acting so condescending while spewing some of the dumbest posts and "predictions" passing them off as gospel.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 30, 2018 5:29 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Turok, you should really stop. You're simultaneously acting so condescending while spewing some of the dumbest posts and "predictions" passing them off as gospel.
Says you but it is almost this whole section who is guilty of what you speak of. y'all lose the plot a quarter into a season when things dont go as expected and kneejerk to ridiculous proportions. this post included. i dont kneejerk to nonsense and i actually keep perspective. do the same and maybe you realize that i am not condenscending. but thats a biiig maybe.

^that last sentence there IS condenscending. nick is just light, playful banter. but i see with me you dont take it as such... I wonder why? gospel? thats slander Vandeez. im making predictions. they will be wrong eventually. such is the nature of predictions. another kneejerk reaction? or do you not know the how making predictions work? its akin to someone playing paper basketball with the trash can being the goal. sometimes you'll miss the trash, sometimes you'll score. on a forum it is nothing more than e-peen nonsense to pass the time. at what point did i become some sort of prophet? did i anoint myself as one or did you anoint me to be such in your mind? because i dont recall doing such. your imagination is running wild, my man.

how the hell do you come to such conclusions Vandeez?
Perhaps you should consider taking a hard look into a mirror and look deep within yourself for the answer. now lets get back on topic.

Gimenez would sign for us? would be fun to see that happen. At the same time, if we by any chance go after griezmann, wouldnt this jeopardize such plans?

Gimenez. Mariano. and the CR7/Bale situation. very interesting to see how things play out. i predict CR7 to leave. Dude has tax problems and if legit, he should be responsible for and not us. 24-40m in unpaid taxes is outrageous.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 30, 2018 6:37 pm

I'm still of the opinion Vandeez that Vallejo is too soft for a CB of his size and stature and his injury record isn't exactly comforting stuff. This Gimenez rumour is definitely something I hope becomes true. As for Odriozola, I also love this rumour, really like his football at La Real and would actually give Dani some much needed competition. I do gather some of us are against it and I don't exactly fault those that do.

Also, just like Vallejo unfortunately, these constant injuries probably has forced the club's hand to look for more suitable competition with respect to Dani.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 30, 2018 8:10 pm

i love Odriozola, i just think it's kind of unfair to have a player that good limited to just few games per season, and he is not exactly a two sided player is it? it's also a lot of money to spend on a fullback. and both being spanish and teammates in the NT,  it's gonna end with one missing out on the national team because they are not playing enough, while their competition is ranging 40 games per year...

im a kind hearted fan, our players happiness comes first
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 30, 2018 8:34 pm

odriozola .. forgot about him. ive been scrounging for transfer rumors relating to our frontline that he slipped my mind.

If its Zidane plan very well but... shouldnt he be starting games at his level? I find it a little difficult to believe he would come here just to be a backup to carvajal.

Having 2 fullbacks of the spanish nt is certainly a plus though . marca reporting we gonna splash cash.

Hopefully this means we are getting business done before the WC. nothing worse than inflated prices.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 31, 2018 6:22 am

what i love is how all those articles about how Zidane and the club are preparing the team next season, were obviously horse shit. lmao

maybe not the targets, but the whole Zidane will have more power in the decision making etc.. Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu May 31, 2018 6:52 am

Zidane resigning... just wrecked all of my current predictions.

I think we're gonna see a lot of changes this upcoming summer. the possibilities are endless...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 31, 2018 6:58 am

Well it will also be good bye Navas, Benz, Bale and possibly even Ronaldo.

Apparently in some of Ronaldo’s post game comments, he broke some club ethics rules. Board was to meet today to decide if they should sanction him. On one hand, he has a contract and Perez is prepared to redo it, but this latest Ronaldo ploy may change all that.

Now that Zidane is gone, we can expect Flo to go all out to bring in a high priced front line.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 31, 2018 7:07 am

And @Nick, the club has had both NT RBs, twice before (Salgado, Ramos and Ramos, Arbeloa), so I really don’t think there is an issue with both Carvajal and Odriozola not repeating on NT. Besides with Dani’s injury record, there is plenty of playing time for both.

As Tito has said many times, it’s best if the backup is competition for incumbent.

Using your logic, Gimenez coming in would mean the end of Nacho’s NT career!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 31, 2018 7:12 am

Let’s see now what are flo’s likely priorities!

1. Find a new coach.

2. Complete replacement of front line

3. Making a definitive decision on Ronaldo

4. Obtaining 2nd RB

5. Sucession planning; who and when for
Navas, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 31, 2018 7:15 am

futbol_bill wrote:And @Nick, the club has had both NT RBs, twice before (Salgado, Ramos and Ramos, Arbeloa), so I really don’t think there is an issue with both Carvajal and Odriozola not repeating on NT. Besides with Dani’s injury record, there is plenty of playing time for both.

As Tito has said many times, it’s best if the backup is competition for incumbent.

Using your logic, Gimenez coming in would mean the end of Nacho’s NT career!
it's not the same because in the cases you mention there was an aging player on his way out and a young one coming through. In this case both are very young carv is like 25 and odriozola 21-22.

Also Nacho is a back up in Madrid he should not be in the national team. And he is not a key player for either team so Madrid making a move to sign a CB who has world class potential will hurt him but I don't see where the problem is
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 31, 2018 7:16 am

The domino effect his resignation is going to cause is going to be legendary. Tighten your seat belts guys, this is going to be a very long summer, and by the end of it, we may end up with a totally different team.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 31, 2018 7:25 am

Out: Ronaldo - Bale
In: Hazard - Icardi

------------Icardi----------
------Hazard-----Isco-----

Isco and Hazard will be given maximum freedom to roam and find space.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu May 31, 2018 7:41 am

Zidane leaving adds even more question marks. It was hard to know what ZZ wanted, even harder to know what this hypothetical new manager will want.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu May 31, 2018 7:41 am

So I’m going to toss all my predictions out of the window until someone is announced

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 31, 2018 9:33 am

Yeah, my predictions got definitely shit on with this resignation. Not a clue who Madrid would hire really.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 31, 2018 9:54 am

Back to the usual chaos I guess... stunned. Nobody knew. This was a very recent decision or something would have leaked.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu May 31, 2018 9:59 am

In regards to Zidane leaving, i think it had to be for a variety of reasons but i doubt they were of a "toxic" nature. I don't think he left because he had no power in transfers, i don't think that's true and i think he and Perez could have worked together looking towards the future.

Having said this, him leaving should motivate Perez to do things extra astutely this summer. In terms of purchases i still think that the purchases will be limited to what we need and that any big name marquee signing will be in the forwards position and that we won't see another James-like situation.

I think Navas might be less protected now, Odriozola chances might have increased, i still think Ceballos and Llorente will leave (especially Ceballos), this might increase the chances Bale stays, and Benzema has indeed lost protection.

I think Perez will want to bring a "fresh" and exciting manager that instills a similar kind of positive vibe in the dressing room and so i doubt he goes for names like Conte, Wenger, Allegri. Lopetegui, Pochettino, Joachim Low are probably names to keep in mind.

I hope we make a good manager appointment and that Perez does not treat him like a rag doll, we need someone who we can be confident with and give adequate reign. Also, Calma to those who think that things will go down hill now or that Zidane left before the ship sunk, what kind of attitude is that?

Last edited by The Madrid One on Thu May 31, 2018 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 31, 2018 10:02 am

Hopefully, sometime in the future, Zidane would actually say what influenced him to resigning but till then, time to wildly speculate. Going with the whole angle that he left at a time where he felt change was needed and saw in his crystal ball that Deschamps is gonna do a pack of shit in the WC and the France NT job would be available.

Seriously, who the hell would Madrid hire next?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by phenom Thu May 31, 2018 10:26 am

Doesn't matter when the next guy is hired as he would have no say in the transfers like all the previous managers
phenom
phenom
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 31, 2018 10:26 am

MTO, Ceballos has already left (2 weeks ago)
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 31, 2018 10:27 am

Lol, Sports still sticking to his “insider” info that Zidane had no say in transfers!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by phenom Thu May 31, 2018 10:29 am

@bill
What is the talk in Spain?
Who will be the replacement manager
Why did Zidane resign?