Brilliant show.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 19 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Unique Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:56 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Unique wrote:gonna binge watch the greatest comedy tv show of all time tomorrow. cheers

Parks and Rec? Or is the emoji a hint? Cheers?
sorry i left out the tv show i was talking about :facepalm: the show is called only fools and horses. best comedy show ever Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:15 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Just finished The OA on Netflix. My mind is blown. Soooo fucking good. I can't believe the sheer audacity of this show to finish season 2 the way they did. Soooo good. Brit Marling :bow:

Also has one of the best TV villains ever.

Season 1 has a slow pace but it's so worth it. There was a 50/50 reaction to Season 1 when it came out last year mostly because a lot of questions weren't answered but Season 2 answers so many questions and is just mind blowingly good. In retrospect, Season 2 makes the first season better as well because everything connects perfectly.

If you were a fan of Lost (early seasons), Fringe, and The Leftovers, this show is for you. Even if you weren't a fan of these, you cannot be missing out on this good and unique of a show. I know RG likes Brit Marling, so you better watch this brev.

And unlike Lost, Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij have already mapped out and finished the story in 5 parts. Hopefully Netfllix gives them all 5 seasons to finish the story.

Thought it was a really terrible, obnoxiously pretentious, badly written, and all around stupid show. Made it through 2 and a half episodes because I wanted to give their ambition the benefit of the doubt. But nope, it was competely misguided and wasted ambition.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:50 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Thought it was a really terrible, obnoxiously pretentious, badly written, and all around stupid show. Made it through 2 and a half episodes because I wanted to give their ambition the benefit of the doubt. But nope, it was competely misguided and wasted ambition.

Unfortunately, you'll miss out on a mindblowing experience. But that's okay, you've got your favorite show, The Arrow, to watch.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:10 am

Unique wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Unique wrote:gonna binge watch the greatest comedy tv show of all time tomorrow. cheers

sorry i left out the tv show i was talking about :facepalm: the show is called only fools and horses. best comedy show ever Thumbs up

Not seen it, will check it out. I thought you'd like Blackadder too? How do you rank it among other comedy shows?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:43 am

Myesyats wrote:
Unique wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

Not seen it, will check it out. I thought you'd like Blackadder too? How do you rank it among other comedy shows?
blackadder is good but it’s not a patch on only fools and horses. You should check it out.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:21 am

Disney+ launches November 12th, $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year.

https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1116415629177884672

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 19 MVTZOHI

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 19 Jwyy1qs4wpr21
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:32 am

Anthony Carrigan has got to be one of favorite TV actors right now. Amazing as Victor Szaz on Gotham and amazing as NoHo Hank on Barry.

Had me gasping for air in this latest episode of the latter.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:49 pm

Started Line of Duty today. Finished season 1 within half the day

Incredible show.

Season 1 was definitely 9/10

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:19 pm

Started watching Billions. It's ridiculous rooting for a billionaire, but Paul Giamatti might be least likeable dude in everything he's ever been in Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:21 am

Billions is amazing. Very well-written show, yet it feels a bit like a guilty pleasure because it can a bit over-the-top at times. David Costabile as Axe's right hand man, Wags, is probably the my favorite character on the show. He's hilarious.

That and I developed a super crush on Maggie Siff (plays Giamatti's character's wife) as well. I had only seen her in Sons of Anarchy besides this so not a lot to go by. I like her much better in this show.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:51 am

McLewis wrote:Billions is amazing. Very well-written show, yet it feels a bit like a guilty pleasure because it can a bit over-the-top at times. David Costabile as Axe's right hand man, Wags, is probably the my favorite character on the show. He's hilarious.

That and I developed a super crush on Maggie Siff (plays Giamatti's character's wife) as well. I had only seen her in Sons of Anarchy besides this so not a lot to go by. I like her much better in this show.

Had a crush on her since Mad Men about 10 years ago lmao

Have to say, as much as I enjoyed the first season of Billions, and Paul Giamatti's acting is awe inspiring, as much the length they go to drag out the cat and mouse game started to get on my nerve in the second season. Stopped watching mid 3rd season as I thought the narrative had become absurd, the characters annoying and the whole thing aimless and cartoonish.

Spoiler:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:27 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
McLewis wrote:Billions is amazing. Very well-written show, yet it feels a bit like a guilty pleasure because it can a bit over-the-top at times. David Costabile as Axe's right hand man, Wags, is probably the my favorite character on the show. He's hilarious.

Had a crush on her since Mad Men about 10 years ago lmao

Have to say, as much as I enjoyed the first season of Billions, and Paul Giamatti's acting is awe inspiring, as much the length they go to drag out the cat and mouse game started to get on my nerve in the second season. Stopped watching mid 3rd season as I thought the narrative had become absurd, the characters annoying and the whole thing aimless and cartoonish.

Spoiler:

Well shit.... Forgot she was in Mad Men. She was the furniture store heiress that got involved with Don, right?

Season 4 kinda doubles down on the over-the-topness.

Spoiler:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:59 pm

Also had a crush on Maggie Siff after watching SoA

what a woman. seems like everyoen had a crush on her Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:36 pm

If you haven't seen her in Billions. Change that, bud.

This is easily her best role.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:02 pm

McLewis wrote:If you haven't seen her in Billions. Change that, bud.

This is easily her best role.

I absolutely hated her in SoA.

Really love her in this though
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:55 pm

Goddamn. Bill Hader just directed probably one the best episodes of TV I'll see all year with Barry. So funny, but so dark. Been a looong time since I laughed that hard at a fight scene.

If there is a better follow up to that emergy-draining episode of GoT, I haven't seen it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 03, 2019 11:04 pm

McLewis wrote:Goddamn. Bill Hader just directed probably one the best episodes of TV I'll see all year with Barry. So funny, but so dark. Been a looong time since I laughed that hard at a fight scene.

If there is a better follow up to that emergy-draining episode of GoT, I haven't seen it.

Just got caught up. Holy shit that last episode is the best episode of television since Ozymandias :bow:  I didn't know Bill Hader was such an amazing director.

Barry is sooo good btw. You cannot be missing this amazing show. Noho Hank is the greatest minor character in TV history.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 03, 2019 11:34 pm

So watched season 1 of OA as per mcaggers suggestion. Overall I liked it but didn't like the major cliffhanger at the end. Good thing season 2 is out, which is supposed to give a satisfying answer to most questions (did they expect to get canceled?)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat May 04, 2019 12:02 am

Don't call me James wrote:
McLewis wrote:Goddamn. Bill Hader just directed probably one the best episodes of TV I'll see all year with Barry. So funny, but so dark. Been a looong time since I laughed that hard at a fight scene.

Just got caught up. Holy shit that last episode is the best episode of television since Ozymandias :bow:  I didn't know Bill Hader was such an amazing director.

Barry is sooo good btw. You cannot be missing this amazing show. Noho Hank is the greatest minor character in TV history.

Yessir. Best Chechen gangster I've ever seen on TV. Anthony Carrigan is amazing.

I have watched "ronny/lilly" easily 4 times already. I have a hard time seeing this show top that. It was THAT good.

Critics fawned over Henry Winkler (he's great in this so I get it), but for me Bill Hader, Sarah Goldberg, Stephen Root and Carrigan have really kept me invested in this show. They've been fantastic.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 04, 2019 1:36 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So watched season 1 of OA as per mcaggers suggestion. Overall I liked it but didn't like the major cliffhanger at the end. Good thing season 2 is out, which is supposed to give a satisfying answer to most questions (did they expect to get canceled?)

Season 2 is definitely better. You'll get a lot of answers and your curiosity will be peaked. Just immerse yourself into the strangeness of it all. I think if you liked Season 1, you'll love season 2. The show left a lot of dissatisfied people at the season 1 finale cliffhanger because there was a near 3 year hiatus and everyone thought the show was cancelled. But in retrospect now that we have season 2 and all the answers we got, even season 1 is quite satisfactory and enjoyable. I had the benefit of watching it recently so I didn't have to wait the whole 3 years.

They haven't confirmed season 3 yet but it's highly likely to happen. They have mapped out the story for 5 parts according to Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij, so hopefully they get all 5 seasons to complete.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 04, 2019 1:43 am

McLewis wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:

Yessir. Best Chechen gangster I've ever seen on TV. Anthony Carrigan is amazing.

I have watched "ronny/lilly" easily 4 times already. I have a hard time seeing this show top that. It was THAT good.

Critics fawned over Henry Winkler (he's great in this so I get it), but for me Bill Hader, Sarah Goldberg, Stephen Root and Carrigan have really kept me invested in this show. They've been fantastic.

It's actually funny but Ronny/Lilly episode could even act as a stand alone short film in many ways. You don't really need to know any previous information to understand what's happening within the episode. If nothing else, people should just watch that episode.

I totally agree that the cast has been magnificent. Such interesting characters, all of them. Even Glenn Fleshler as Goran Pazar was one of the funniest bad guy characters I've ever seen.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 05, 2019 6:45 pm

Sharp Objects is elite. Easily in my top 3 of 2018 with Better Call Saul S4 and Narcos Mexico. The girl who played Amma should get an Emmy. Amy Adams too obviously.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 05, 2019 10:30 pm

On season 5 of line of duty

Such a fantastic show.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 05, 2019 10:57 pm

Started Barry since a few of you raved about it above. Nice length, been looking for something to laugh at, loving it. Who knew Bill Hader had this in him. Henry Winkler is killing me every episode Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 08, 2019 6:23 pm

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender