BarrileteCosmico
Robespierre
Freeza
41 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 33 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:08 am

That said I haven't watched since season 2, since I find Travis Fimmel to be terrible.

Might watch for Marco Ilsø and Alex Høgh. Worked post-prod on a short film they did and they're incredible. Really think they're legit. Especially Alex.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:40 am

Freeza wrote:That said I haven't watched since season 2, since I find Travis Fimmel to be terrible.

I feel attacked. For me, his performance is one of the best ever in historical drama as Ragnar Lothbrok.

His sons later try to replicate his genius and imitate him but it results in awkward scenes and they appear like a subpar Ragnar rip-off. But Ragnar himself was outstanding.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:54 am

Vinland Saga is the better Viking show :coffee:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:19 pm

Would recommend The Last Kingdom if you guys are into Vikings. Not as good as the early seasons of Vikings, but better than the later ones.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:53 pm

Freeza wrote:That said I haven't watched since season 2, since I find Travis Fimmel to be terrible.

Might watch for Marco Ilsø and Alex Høgh. Worked post-prod on a short film they did and they're incredible. Really think they're legit. Especially Alex.

Høgh is the real star of this show and that's with Kathryn Winnick and Alexander Ludwig (rightfully I suppose) getting higher billing. Playing someone like Ivar sounds super challenging due to the disability and he has done an excellent job of adding an air of command, presence, mystique and menace in his scenes. Each of Ragnar's sons represents something of his personally, but Ivar definitely inherited his intellect and strategic mind. I continue to watch largely for him.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:58 am

This show is massively underrated on GL but it's absolutely great. I've preffered this much more than BB

Fifth season on 3 May. Anyone cares ?

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:01 pm

I gave up on it sometime during the second season, even though I'm a huge fan of the leading actors. I might go back to it at some point, but there's so much on my backlog.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:19 pm

Ah yes serie tv are a very subjective question.
I mean I 'm one of few heretics to not rate so highly Breaking Bad. (most people say it's best serie ever etc)
I've finished just yesterday  and .. it didn't catch me.  It didn't thrilled me  hardly ever it and found it's been ever hard to finish for me .  Perhaps I'd not have done it without quarantine and without comments by everyone " it's a masterpiece, first 2 seasons are slow but after it evolves greatly ".
Maybe I was just  abit disappointed from expecting the best thing ever - how good people were saying the show is.
Slow story, unnecessary scenes with boring dialogues , majority of characters are highly unlikable and annoying - especially W.White. It irritated me from the beginning to th end.
Only exceptions were Saul ( I recognize his genius), Mike, Gus - and that can move me to watch BCS.

(concluded my heretic invective, I don't expect it'll be followed. There is so much sacrality around this series by everyone)
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:24 pm

elitedam wrote:I gave up on it sometime during the second season, even though I'm a huge fan of the leading actors. I might go back to it at some point, but there's so much on my backlog.

I gave up on it too beginning of 3rd season. I thought it got annoying and aimless.
Same reason here, there's just so much good stuff I still have to watch.. Haven't finished Americans, haven't finished Magicians, haven't seen the 'new' Twin Peaks yet. Then there's about 20 other decent shows I have still to watch whole or in parts.
My best chance at this point is that it turns out Covid survivors are not immune and the shutdown is 2 years or so.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:11 pm

I'm currently occupied with Succession, the show is more or less based on the Koch brothers and their media empire, basically a dysfunctional super rich family all relentlessly jockeying for power.

This must be the first show where I despise every single characters in it, they're all shitty in some ways, the only one I have some sympathy for is the kid who's desperately trying to get into the family's business.

I like the show not because of its characters or the story but for the underlying message that it's trying to convey.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:16 pm

Pedram wrote:I'm currently occupied with Succession, the show is more or less based on the Koch brothers and their media empire, basically a dysfunctional super rich family all relentlessly jockeying for power.

This must be the first show where I despise every single characters in it, they're all shitty in some ways, the only one I have some sympathy for is the kid who's desperately trying to get into the family's business.

I like the show not because of its characters or the story but for the underlying message that it's trying to convey.

It’s the Murdoch family.

Incredible show one of the three best currently on
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:08 pm

If anyone enjoys quirky comedies, give The Good Place a try. Its funny and emotional with engaging characters. There are a lot of twists too. The main characters start of as unlikable but later on you grow to love them, a testament to the fantastic character development of the show.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:41 pm

The Good Place is phenomenal. What a good watch that show is. I'm jealous of anyone who gets to binge it on first watch.

Also, Killing Eve is back. Waller-Bridge gets a ton of plaudits for Fleabag (which I just didn't get into), but this one just has me absolutely hooked. Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh continue with the mesmerizing performances. Villanelle has got to be one of the best characters I've seen in a TV show in years.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:24 pm

Ozark season 2 is great, a step up from the first one. Really entertaining show, better than I expected going into it.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:42 am

Tried watching Money Heist because of all the hype in India.

Stopped it after I found it insulting common sense.

Detective falling for thief and kept on getting deceived multiple times.

Then detective giving up all her morals to join a freaking bandit gang with out any reason.

Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:40 pm

Hap wrote:haven't seen the 'new' Twin Peaks yet.

Is it out? I don’t expect much from it, but I’ll definitely give it a chance. I loved the original Twin Peaks.

Edit: Just saw it came out in 2017 Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:49 pm

Thimmy wrote:

Is it out? I don’t expect much from it, but I’ll definitely give it a chance. I loved the original Twin Peaks.

Cahiers du Cinema (french film magazine) awarded it as the the best movie of the 2010s.

That's how I prefer my movies tbh. 20 episodes shown in parts each week.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:54 pm

still havent even watched the original, but it's definitely been on the long watchlist
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:54 pm

Adit wrote:Tried watching Money Heist because of all the hype in India.

Stopped it after I found it insulting common sense.

Detective falling for thief and kept on getting deceived multiple times.

Then detective giving up all her morals to join a freaking bandit gang with out any reason.

Laughing
yeah as soon as I saw where that was going I was out.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:54 pm

Thimmy wrote:

That's why I put new in quotes lmao

been waiting for the right moment, as it's going to be a special occasion, I'm a massive David Lynch fan

I bought new speakers with good bass lately so now my body is ready Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:53 pm

I’m a big David Lynch fan, myself. I see that the Twin Peaks reboot has been mostly, positively reviewed. I don’t expect it to be quite the same as the original, though. Definitely looking forward to watching it, regardlessly.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:14 pm

what a company
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:27 pm

Thimmy wrote:I’m a big David Lynch fan, myself. I see that the Twin Peaks reboot has been mostly, positively reviewed. I don’t expect it to be quite the same as the original, though. Definitely looking forward to watching it, regardlessly.

I did not have too much expectations when I read it was going to happen back then, seeing how old he is, how his recent career was, how much hype is around TV series these days, the old series as this object of "cult" etc
I decided, benevolently, not to expect too much. It would have been ok if it wasn't that great.

But 2 close friends who I really trust that are Lynch aficionados too, both usually very critical and hard to please in their own way, are positively ENTHUSED about it, so I'm absolutely looking forward to it now.
They keep telling me to watch out for "episode 8" lmao. I'm getting giddy just thinking about it. Imagine there's a good, proper Lynch work out there, many hours of it, and I can still see it new!
It's going to be awesome @Thimmy
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:56 pm

Yeah, I couldn’t contain my excitement before watching this show. I’m on episode 3 now, and the excitement has been significantly lessened by a lot of artsy scenes with floating, spectre heads and whatnot. I know that’s Lynch’s trademark thing, but there’s just been too much of it for my taste up until this point. It’s a substantial distraction from the story, and it’s too drawn out to be enjoyable (for me).

I watched a lot of indie productions with my film production class in folk high school. We went to both Berlin and the Czech Republic and watched a shit ton of surrealistic art films with talking testicles, flying ponies and epilepcy-inducing, dancing rainbows. I’ve seen it all. Some of the scenes in TP: The Return are sinilar to that, only they’re much more static and bland in their presentation. They’re also far too long, which might have to do with Lynch being in his 70s during the production of this reboot series.

That type of random, nonsensical artistry in films loses its charm and element of surprise when it goes from being a random and sudden part of a movie or episode, to being what the episode is about. Lynch seemed to understand that during his heyday, but I’m not particularly impressed by what’s he’s done here. The majority of the special effects used are also incredibly outdated, but I suppose some of his cults fans wouldn’t have it any other way.

I’m looking forward to watching episode 8 now. Right now, I can’t wait to get through this episode, which seems like nothing but Lynch flexing his creative muscles in an over-compensating attempt to convince that he’s still capable of coming up with nonsense that’s not meant to be understood. The red-headed FBI woman is fucking hot. That last part just needed to be said.

Last edited by Thimmy on Fri May 01, 2020 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:04 pm

Tom Hardy as Al Capone

day 1

Wait, I thought it was supposed to be a series? Now I'm reading it's just a film hmm ffs
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri May 01, 2020 6:08 pm

Hans: I get why your friends told you to watch out for episode 8, as that’s where I’m at, and the show has finally started picking up pace at this point. Episode 3 was just awful, and the first 3 episodes made me a bit pessimistic about this show, to be honest.

I’ll do my best to avoid any substantial spoilers, but the pacing has been so slow up until episode 8 that there’s not much to mention anyway. 10 more episodes to go. Hopefully, I’ve got the good parts ahead of me. Episode 8 was promising.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next