Warrior
Hapless_Hans
Harmonica
guest7
Myesyats
61 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 4 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by Myesyats Fri May 11, 2018 7:37 am

So is Madrid getting Neymar or Salah? Or both? Laughing

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 4 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri May 11, 2018 4:52 pm

Hopefully Salah, but probably neither tbh. The Neymar deal, with all its speculation makes no sense if we can assume Ronaldo stays (which I think is a fair bet). The Salah deal makes a ton of sense (we have an injured donkey on the right wing currently), but he just signed for Liverpool and seems content to stay at least another year, especially if they win the CL. I also doubt Firmino would have signed the new contract without assurances that the team would mostly stay the same, particularly the front line.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri May 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Marca is filling up space with this Neymar talk, but if you read the fine print, it all is dependent on what Al-Khelaifi has to say and all he has said so far is there is no transfer price for him because he is not in the market. Given what PSG has done in the past, I suspect  the only response thus far is the definitive response for this year. Similarly with Ronaldo still with Real, Neymar’s Desire to be #1, it will be a No from Madrid as well. However like with Ronaldo coming from Man U, these discussions set up the move in a year or two when Ronaldo retires or moves on.

I do however believe there will be an attempt for Salah (as a Bale replacement). My hope is they have a plan B if not successful and also that none of this detracts from signing a true 9 and put Benz on the bench if not sold.

Meanwhile Marca LOL also has a story out all but confirming Griezmann with Barca! Meanwhile Atleti is saying same as PSG!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri May 11, 2018 7:35 pm

Neymar dined with his PSG team-mates on Wednesday and failed to hide his desire to move to Real Madrid this summer. (Source: Le Parisien)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri May 11, 2018 7:48 pm

I believe it was always the intention tbh, treating QSG like a Chinese league spell, a holiday for a season awhile being paid silly money

which is stupid of course because PSG will make him see out his entire contract, no chance they sell
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 11, 2018 8:33 pm

S wrote:Neymar dined with his PSG team-mates on Wednesday and failed to hide his desire to move to Real Madrid this summer. (Source: Le Parisien)

'Failed to hide? What does that mean? He showed up to the restaurant wearing a Marcelo jersey? He arranged the asparagus on his plate to spell "Real"?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri May 11, 2018 10:26 pm

He was probably talking to his teammates about the meeting with the RM representative in Brazil that's been in the media.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 12, 2018 11:25 am

Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has suggested PSG forward Neymar could play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo. (Source: GOAL)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Neymar and his father for sure want to leave and go to Madrid.

Madrid may possibily be interested if not for future.

But the final word has to come from PSG and their track record suggest it’s a definite no.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat May 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Has any team done as much winning as Real Madrid in recent years both TROPHYS and IN GENERAL?

If Papa Flo comes for you, best believe he will adopt you and give you dem millionz... trophies Smile

https://twitter.com/neymarjr/status/995204932075696128

Se queda pt 2?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 17, 2018 5:56 pm

Real Madrid have agreed personal terms with Neymar. The Spanish club are now waiting for PSG to name their price for the Brazilian. (Source: ARA)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 17, 2018 6:11 pm

The bird? The bird is the source? They can talk alright but I wouldn't take what they say as gospel or even intellegible
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Hell naw.... they won't sell Neymar after just one season

I can see Mbappe going to Madrid though
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Mbappe? LMAO they haven't even paid for him yet, they're certainly not going to pay 150m to Monaco and then let the player leave the same month
Would be absolutely moronic to sell a player like Mbappe. Or a player like Dembele. Why did you pay so much for them anyway?
FOR THE FUTURE. THE F U T U R E. Makes no sense to sell them before that future comes to pass does it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu May 17, 2018 7:06 pm

if PSG were smart they would sell Neymar for 200m and buy Pogba and Martial for the same price tbh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 17, 2018 7:08 pm

Firenze wrote:if PSG were smart they would sell Neymar for 200m and buy Pogba and Martial for the same price tbh
your be lucky to get 90mil for the pair of them now tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu May 17, 2018 7:11 pm

Unique wrote:
Firenze wrote:if PSG were smart they would sell Neymar for 200m and buy Pogba and Martial for the same price tbh

their values have gone up since we bought them when you have numpties running around buying Van Dijk and Coutinho for silly money
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 17, 2018 7:15 pm

Firenze wrote:
Unique wrote:

their values have gone up since we bought them when you have numpties running around buying Van Dijk and Coutinho for silly money
you way over paid for them before they started getting benched by scrubs like sanchez and fallaini and now you think they will make a profit. where do you dream this crap up from. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 17, 2018 7:27 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Mbappe? LMAO they haven't even paid for him yet, they're certainly not going to pay 150m to Monaco and then let the player leave the same month
Would be absolutely moronic to sell a player like Mbappe. Or a player like Dembele. Why did you pay so much for them anyway?
FOR THE FUTURE. THE F U T U R E. Makes no sense to sell them before that future comes to pass does it.

I'm still against spending 150m on someone "with potential" even of it's "for the future". That kind of money should only be available for a BdO winner or an established world beater.

Not denying their talent, but there's no guarantee they're going to meet the expectations.

Both Mbappé and Dembelé have had a disappointing season at their new clubs. And while I believe their underwhelming performance wasn't entirely their fault, I would expect someone who was bought for that kind of money to overcome every single obstacle they had to face.

This is why I'm absolutely against the market going belly up, and it's not just about the astronomical fees. No, it's mainly because it's destroying young players with huge potential like those two by putting insane and unjustifiable price tags on their heads.

The pressure that comes from being bought for 100-something-million is insane, and no young player should have to endure it because it cripples their development. The dire consequence of buying a young player for a world-record fee is that it immediately and exponentially increases the public expectations around them and decreases the margin of tolerance. It "adultifies" them in a way and makes them lose the pressure-less development phase that is essential for any young talent to blossom into an elite player.

This is why I don't blame them entirely for the disappointing season they have had. A year ago they were terrorizing defenses and running rings around defenders. This year, one of them spent more time in the treatment room than on the field while the other ghosted through the Madrid tie like an invisible, gentle butterfly. That's what happens when put the expectations of a Ballon d'Or winner on the shaky shoulders of a talented, albeit very young player.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 17, 2018 7:40 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Mbappe? LMAO they haven't even paid for him yet, they're certainly not going to pay 150m to Monaco and then let the player leave the same month

I'm still against spending 150m on someone "with potential" even of it's "for the future". That kind of money should only be available for a BdO winner or an established world beater.

Not denying their talent, but there's no guarantee they're going to meet the expectations.

Both Mbappé and Dembelé have had a disappointing season at their new clubs. And while I believe their underwhelming performance wasn't entirely their fault, I would expect someone who was bought for that kind of money to overcome every single obstacle they had to face.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not promoting such fees. I think it's somewhat perverse and disgusting tbh.
But my point is, the commodity here, in Mbappe's and Dembele's case, is NOT a player with a great record, a Ballon D'Or winner, but a player who has shown exceptional talent at a very young age and thus promises potentially many years of even better performances than the ones he's shown.
As I said, the commodity is not the present, but the future, and that's why it's so nonsensical to pass judgement, or be dissapointed, with the puchase of such a player after just the one present season, especially if, as in Dembele's case, the player was injured.
It just makes no sense whatsoever to regard such a transfer a failure after so little time, when the point of the transfer was that it's supposed to reap rewards over time.

Of course you can argue that it's wrong to pay for potential in the first place, but that's a different discussion. Once you do, and with young players you have to do it to some degree, you have to realize what you pay for, and what it entails.

Your point about the pressure is of course valid, and I fully agree. It's a paradox that the fee is so high because the buying club expects so much from the player, i.e. potential, but the size of the fee itself is detrimental to the development of the potential.
It's actually kind of hilarious too, but it's sad because absolutely fabulous players, which would enrich our lives as fans sizeably, a re in danger of being needlessly ruined that way.

But that makes it even more imperative that the people who have interest that the player comes good, such as fans of the club like Barca fans, don't contribute to that moronic pressure climate and don't contribute to destroy what could be so good for their club.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 17, 2018 10:39 pm

Came back to PSG to pick up his cup medals and back to Brazil rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 20, 2018 9:15 am

"Nothing and nobody is bigger than the club, not the coach nor the players," Al-Khelaifi told L'Equipe.

"The club is and always will be first, it is bigger. If someone does not accept that and is not happy, then they leave.

"Each and every person must give their best and do their best for PSG… Since we have been here [Qatari ownership], we have won 19 trophies. That's enormous. But we are still criticised a lot. But those are things that happen to all these clubs.

"If today I was to tell you that we are going to leave, what would your opinion be?"
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Straight out of the Juventus playbook: how to sell your star players and make it look out of your control

WATTBA

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 20, 2018 4:42 pm

to be fair he also said he is sure neymar wants to stay because his dad told him so.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 20, 2018 4:57 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:to be fair he also said he is sure neymar wants to stay because his dad told him so.

Shades of Pogba

August exit imminent

I'm just trolling, I think he'll be at PSG next season but not sure if he'll be there beyond that

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Luca wrote:Straight out of the Juventus playbook: how to sell your star players and make it look out of your control

WATTBA

Taking their strategy and their former captain, that Jjuve marketing is paying dividends.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next