RealGunner
Firenze
Luca
Harmonica
S
54 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Gonzalo Higuain takes his talents to South Beach - Page 17 Empty Re: Gonzalo Higuain takes his talents to South Beach

Post by Chad31 Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:59 pm

Imagine scoring 50 league goals a season to be nowhere near the title, but couple 20+ goals from benzema had the team much more competitive in the league, not everything is a numbers game its about showing up and scoring or making timely plays, is benzema a better player than cr? No but the gap was never ever as wide as people like to make it seems, and benzema could easily challenge for BDO, if it wasn't for cr wasting a lot of prime years and real madrid media/fans trying to destroy his rep every season.

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Gonzalo Higuain takes his talents to South Beach - Page 17 Empty Re: Gonzalo Higuain takes his talents to South Beach

Post by M99 Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:07 pm

Back then Barcelona was much stronger than the Barcelona now. Since Ronaldo left, first season Real was nowhere near winning the league, second season they won, and third season lost it by two points to Atletico. So I don't buy the team being "much more competitive" after Ronaldo left when they won two league titles and was in the title race till the last day in multiple seasons against a far stronger team. Its not like they won three in a row after he left.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:17 pm

here we go again with the fanboyism. first of all the pro madrid media (mainly marca) have always been pro benz. its the fans that have been tough, and fans have been tough on everyone. with madrid its simple, score goals and we'll chant for you

for all this it was cristiano's fault that benzema's pet gold fish died spiel, u do realize the man went 2000 plus days without scoring for france, which was a record. deschamps publicly supported him during that period (which is why i rightly criticized him for his deschamps comments), even when guys like papin was at him for his drought....maybe thats ristiano's fault too

fact is his game and attitude especially, have changed. even when cr left he was playing like crap until he broke his finger and started wearing that cast. ever since he started rocking that cast, and since zidane returned for part 2 he's been superman. and now he's in the box and he wants to score and get individual honors too, all that "my job isnt to score" is out the window

and as mentioned, his highest goal to game ratio to date was with cristiano. and btw if nobody appreciates it, thank you cristiano wherever you are, i would definitely take those 4 UCLs , copa and liga titles that u gave us over having to play against that crazy barca side with a squad that didnt have u on it......if that meant "wasting" anybody's prime years, i'd do it all over again as long as u (cristiano) were on the team. the other 21 members of those squads...great, but definitely replaceable
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:20 pm

titosantill wrote:here we go again with the fanboyism. first of all the pro madrid media (mainly marca) have always been pro benz. its the fans that have been tough, and fans have been tough on everyone. with madrid its simple, score goals and we'll chant for you

for all this it was cristiano's fault that benzema's pet gold fish died spiel, u do realize the man went 2000 plus days without scoring for france, which was a record. deschamps publicly supported him during that period (which is why i rightly criticized him for his deschamps comments), even when guys like papin was at him for his drought....maybe thats ristiano's fault too

fact is his game and attitude especially, have changed. even when cr left he was playing like crap until he broke his finger and started wearing that cast. ever since he started rocking that cast, and since zidane returned for part 2 he's been superman. and now he's in the box and he wants to score and get individual honors too, all that "my job isnt to score" is out the window

and as mentioned, his highest goal to game ratio to date was with cristiano. and btw if nobody appreciates it, thank you cristiano wherever you are, i would definitely take those 4 UCLs , copa and liga titles that u gave us over having to play against that crazy barca side with a squad that didnt have u on it......if that meant "wasting" anybody's prime years, i'd do it all over again as long as u (cristiano) were on the team. the other 21 members of those squads...great, but definitely replaceable

Always refreshing to have someone who actually remembers these things...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:39 pm

Gee I opened up this thread to see if fat Higuaín had lost the belly and was playing (or lying on beach), only to see it is other fanboy thread about how mistreated Benz is!! WTF!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:24 pm

M99 wrote:
Mamad wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Benzema's La Liga goalscoring form in 17/18 is kind of funny though.

How do you score 5 goals in 32 La Liga appearances playing as the starting CF for Madrid? Laughing

Put 6'9 Firenze as a target man upfront and hoof balls to him and he would've scored the same amount considering lower La Liga defenders are built like Eric Garcia.

Because when Ronaldo is on the team nobody scores lol. look at Juve when he was there. look at United this season see if anyone score 15 or more beside him.

and to be honest Benzema was too busy playmaking and creating space for Ronaldo that he forgot how to score goals lol.

And yet Benzema's highest scoring season in La Liga is when he had Ronaldo in his team.

Just accept he had a bad patch of form and then improved.

Well of course that was Benzema's worst season but him being Ronaldo's yes Man was effecting his play badly.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:40 pm

titosantill wrote: with madrid its simple, score goals and we'll chant for you

You and people like you don't know about football that much. it's why you couldn't see Benzema's effect on the team. all you saw was oh look at his numbers. look he missed that sitter.

even when you look at numbers. before Ronaldo left, Benzema had 7 seasons with 20 goals or more. without being the target striker and without penalties.

so i don't understand. even speaking about numbers what did you expect? +30 goals each season without pens and playing alongside Ronaldo? that's impossible.

Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:47 pm

I remember according to some here Benzema was the cancer of the team. they rated Higuain and Morata higher than him.

So instead of admitting your idiotic opinions about him you come here and say oh nah we was right but but but he suddenly changed into a different player Laughing .

he is the same as always ( a bit thinner though ). the difference is he is playing as the main man this time.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:12 am

no matter which way you want to slice it you cant score 5 goals as a striker and expect people to praise you. saying the man's game hasnt changed is kinda disrespectful to him. benzema is NOT playing the way he played in that season he scored 5 in the league. he's in the box, he's taking on players, even attempting set pieces (at least when we had few last season with ramos out). once again, for all this cristiano's fault, what happened the years he went 2000 plus days without a goal for france.....was that cristiano as well? simple question. i go by the eye test, not what some writer or analytics said

hell, what fanboys and his man crushes are doing would be like, if/when hazard starts playing well, people say "hazard has always been the same, it was vinicius or benzema or modric's fault". its skill and confidence; y'all need to take this man-crush obsession elsewhere. two simple questions, what happened in those games for france where he wasnt playing well? two, are we now saying we should have never signed cristiano at all cos of benz?

if we cant get a straight answer to those 2 simple questions, then there's nothing to talk about here. anything else doesnt warrant a response. and yes, my take as a madrid fan is super duper simple, perform and i give you props, flop and u get doodoo....i dont have a best player so i cant be accused of having any agenda.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:16 am

question is courtois playing the exact same way he was playing during his first season and we just didnt notice? or has his form and confidence and overall play improved.......or wait , no maybe its ramos and varane's fault, they took away his skill like the monstars in space jam
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:36 am

2000 plus days without goal for France? so we make up numbers now? because this is absolutely false. unless you expect him to score for France while sitting at his home in Madrid lol. he was not part of the France NT for 4-5 years. out of the pitch problems.

I'm not saying it was Ronaldo's fault. i'm saying for every Ronaldo there must be a Rooney to do the dirty work and focus on creating for Ronaldo. and that leads to less goals.

Benzema was a great asset to the team back then. you say he wasn't i say he was. and yes he had bad days and he missed some chances but overall he was treated like sh*t by people who ignored all his contribution's to the team.

the difference between Hazard or Courtis with Benzema is that nobody not one soul said that Courtis is doing good. Hazard is doing good. but there was a lot of people who believed Benzema actually played great.

Madrid fans wanted an striker with 40+ goals a season. but that was not possible with the main man being Ronaldo.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:14 am

i meant around 2000 mins not days typo, i just remember it was some record in france. sportsczy prolly knows the specifics if ure not placing all the blame at cristiano, then there's no argument. my thing is with the dude who keeps acting like cristiano playing for us is a regret , especially against that monster barca side we faced. 40 plus goals will be nice, but ive always said i want my striker giving me around twenty something in the league. and benzema has done that, hell give me around 23 plus in the league as a cf and there's no argument for me at all, ZERO.

but when i start getting 10 goals, 13 goals, 5 goals, 1 goal (ala anelka, and he had the nerve to get mad at vdb for not celebrating), like what am i supposed to do with those numbers? there's nothing great about those numbers unless ure playing like prime ronaldinho in midfield for example

23 in the league, 30 plus in all comps and im great. not hard to please at all; anything else, working hard, assists, running off ball for space, those are cute, but if he playing this way banging in goals we might even start a chant. we dont have hazard arguments cos i dont think there's any madridista acting like hazard is beasting and knocking us off our seats and we are just to blind to see it, or blaming all hazard's issues on benzema who is actually carrying us. that would be an extreme lack of appreciation
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:10 am

It was 1222 minutes…. Which frankly nobody cared about because he scored In the playoff game against Ukraine right after he started netting them again and he had 3 goals in 5 games in the 2014 World Cup.  

Thing is, all his managers worried very little about goals with him, other than Mourinho, because every team he played on just functioned much better in terms of attacking with him on the pitch.  As Laurent Blanc once out it, Benzema is about creating chances for his team in whatever capacity he can.  

That’s why he’s always been an undisputed starter for every team other than briefly with Mourinho and Pellegrini.   Basically all but 2 years in his career.

Last edited by sportsczy on Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:47 am

Kaladin wrote:Gonzalo Higuain takes his talents to South Beach - Page 17 VFQ7p4tq?format=jpg&name=medium

Gonzalo Higuain: "Benzema? After one year I scored 27 goals, Cristiano 26…and in the summer they brought in Benzema and Kaka. I said: ‘how can this be? How many goals have I scored? I’m a scorer and you bring me Benzema and Kaka?’." [ESPN]

Gonzalo Higuain: “I managed to break the goal record in Serie A with Napoli, Karim was still struggling to break 20 goals in La Liga during that time. I was playing for Argentina and he was in Dubai. History speaks."[ESPN]

Gonzalo Higuain: “It was thanks to Angel (Di Maria), that Real won the Champions League. Then the following years, Ronaldo and Bale became the 'strikers', while Karim devolved into his worst self, not even dogs do what Karim has done for them."[ESPN]

Gonzalo Higuain: “Now Karim is the star after many years, he returned to the France NT and is playing his best football. Except its in the worst era of La Liga, lacking in all aspects. Before he used to score 10 goals, now he is finally scoring more than 20."[ESPN]
Nobody will ever forget that guy could've won two Copa's and a World Cup with three 1on1's, but that smack down almost makes it up. rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:25 pm

Harmonica wrote:
Kaladin wrote:Gonzalo Higuain takes his talents to South Beach - Page 17 VFQ7p4tq?format=jpg&name=medium

Gonzalo Higuain: "Benzema? After one year I scored 27 goals, Cristiano 26…and in the summer they brought in Benzema and Kaka. I said: ‘how can this be? How many goals have I scored? I’m a scorer and you bring me Benzema and Kaka?’." [ESPN]

Gonzalo Higuain: “I managed to break the goal record in Serie A with Napoli, Karim was still struggling to break 20 goals in La Liga during that time. I was playing for Argentina and he was in Dubai. History speaks."[ESPN]

Gonzalo Higuain: “It was thanks to Angel (Di Maria), that Real won the Champions League. Then the following years, Ronaldo and Bale became the 'strikers', while Karim devolved into his worst self, not even dogs do what Karim has done for them."[ESPN]

Gonzalo Higuain: “Now Karim is the star after many years, he returned to the France NT and is playing his best football. Except its in the worst era of La Liga, lacking in all aspects. Before he used to score 10 goals, now he is finally scoring more than 20."[ESPN]
Nobody will ever forget that guy could've won two Copa's and a World Cup with three 1on1's, but that smack down almost makes it up. rofl

That smack down is fake. Falsly translated.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:48 pm

At least it is finally about Higuain!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:06 pm

Lord Spencer wrote: Apparently, even if the quotes are not true, people will react to them as if they were (even after BC pointed out that out).

Victory for fake news.

indeed
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:55 pm

titosantill wrote:question is courtois playing the exact same way he was playing during his first season and we just didnt notice? or has his form and confidence and overall play improved.......or wait , no maybe its ramos and varane's fault, they took away his skill like the monstars in space jam

Allow me to answer as I was never a Conetois fan: he is much different since his initial arrival. A far better, more confident goalie and whenever he is not there, I feel way more worried (which isn't exactly common).

I do love the Benzema debates tbh, rarely has it lost its luster to entertain and sometimes educate.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:00 pm

Also, with respect to Ronaldo's ability to apparently cage other players' ability to score, Suarez was still Suarez despite having Neymar and Messi as his teammates. And the latter two are dominant footballers and personalities in their own right.

So Benzema limiting himself is on him alone as I am sure Suarez would have still been Suarez with Ronaldo & Ramos as a teammate. Anyway, I love this version of Big Benz and I wish Madrid always had this version but I suppose it came at the right time.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:27 pm

well for starters, peak Suarez is a level above Benzema. And it also doesn't take away from the point that Ronaldo brings a presence with him that takes up space in the team and on the field. Didn't Dymbo's production also tail off when Ronaldo joined Juventus?

Messi on the other hand is a more fluid player and a creator as well, which makes it easier for elite strikers to fit in with him.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:37 pm

Messi never scored that many goals by forcing things or being selfish... he made the right plays and would end up in the best scoring positions. That's why, in his prime, Messi's efficiency on shots to goals was over 20-25% while Ronaldo was at 12% (which is absolutely awful).

Neymar is also more a creator that has a knack for getting into scoring positions than a scorer. So, his instinct is not to look for his shot but to make the killer pass. Even at PSG, he's mostly looking to dribble so that it opens space for others to score... and he can make that final killer pass.

CR, on the other hand, was trying to get as many shots as he could from literally anywhere on pitch for many years. I honestly hated his game as many of you know. I only started liking CR when Carlo took over the first time. That's when he started becoming more of a team player. The reason? Barca and Messi were handing him his lunch. He either changed or his legacy wouldn't have been what it is today.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17