Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Go down

Your pick ?

6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
50% 50% 
[ 8 ]
13% 13% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
25% 25% 
[ 4 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
 
Total Votes : 16

Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by S on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:42 pm

Options in the poll.

As mentioned,  there's been no standout player in this world cup so far as opposed to the previous edition so the next couple of games would be very important in deciding who wins it.

Safe to think that one among the names mentioned in the poll ends up winning it. Feel free to add other names/candidates.
avatar
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26058
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:24 pm

Those voting for Mbappe are clearly proving they value one standout performance over performances over the whole tournament.

Because without Argentina game he's not even on the poll.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63642
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:29 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Those voting for Mbappe are clearly proving they value one standout performance over performances over the whole tournament.

Because without Argentina game he's not even on the poll.
pretty much, people are now making it sound like he is having a fantastic world cup lol

All these guys are just helping CR to win another golden ball

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 27910
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by S on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Missed out Hazard's name :facepalm:

Could you add his name too ? @Mods
avatar
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26058
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by Robespierre on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:33 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Those voting for Mbappe are clearly proving they value one standout performance over performances over the whole tournament.

Because without Argentina game he's not even on the poll.

Probably they expect he's going to be crucial for next 2 matches tbh
I voted it too because I predict France in final  ... ( but i hope they don't win it tbh)
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 11864
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by Robespierre on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:35 pm

golden ball is not balon d'or , award for WC
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 11864
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:41 pm

@Robespierre wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Those voting for Mbappe are clearly proving they value one standout performance over performances over the whole tournament.

Because without Argentina game he's not even on the poll.

Probably they expect he's going to be crucial for next 2 matches tbh
I voted it too because I predict France in final  ... ( but i hope they don't win it tbh)


That's fair, if he has a great game against Belgium this argument goes out the window and he'll probably deserve votes tbh.

Right now I would prefer Modric, Pogba, Kane and De Bruyne/Hazard personally.


_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63642
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by CBarca on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:16 pm

Modric, Kane, Hazard are the three standout performers so far. Pogba right behind them

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16645
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by messixaviesta on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:55 pm

@CBarca wrote:Modric, Kane, Hazard are the three standout performers so far. Pogba right behind them


Kane? For the penalties scored and the deflected goals against green Panama and perennially hopeless Tunisia? If he does something now onwards then maybe but for now I don't see him anywhere in the top three.

Hazard has to be there in the list.

Another must have in the list is N'golo Kante.

Picking not more than one from each team my top three at the moment would probably be Modric, Hazard and Kante.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:01 pm

Kane is the top scorer and only failed to score once in the whole tournament.

Not his fault people give him penalties because they consistently wrestle him to the ground.

Also there hasn't been any outstanding performances overall to ignore the top scorer of the tournament.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63642
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:13 pm

@CBarca wrote:Modric, Kane, Hazard are the three standout performers so far. Pogba right behind them
Pogba? What? Laughing

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 23922
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:16 pm

Pogba has been great lol, clearly the best French player consistently imo.


_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63642
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:18 pm

No.
Pogba's ridiculously bad past season has lowered the standards so much we think he's great when he completes every second pass instead of just one in four.
He's still not really playing well if you ask me.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 23922
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:23 pm

Nah I disagree.

Pretty much all France best play has gone through him, even the Mbappe game against Argentina was mostly a product of Pogba passes.


_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63642
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by Luca on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:48 pm

Kante has been the best French player but if France win the World Cup and Mbappe does anything of note in the semi final or final, then it will be him who wins it. It's about hype.

Right now I'd say, each country's best player:

England- Kane [easy]
Croatia- Modric
France- Kante
Belgium- this one is more difficult. I'd give it to Lukaku, underrated performance
avatar
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 13150
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by Firenze on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:27 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:No.
Pogba's ridiculously bad past season has lowered the standards so much we think he's great when he completes every second pass instead of just one in four.
He's still not really playing well if you ask me.

More like your hate for the guy is clouding your judgment. He didn't have a ridiculous bad last season, just a ridiculously inconsistent one. He's been very good thus far for France.

As has Lukaku for Belgium. MOU OUT.
avatar
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 26692
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by messixaviesta on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:29 pm

I am almost sure now that Modric will win the Golden Ball. They tend to give it to the one player who stands head and shoulders above the rest in his own team. If that team does not win the final it does not matter much. Sometimes even if they go out in the semi final it can be enough. Consider this :-

Messi (2014), Forlan (2010), Zidane (2006), Kahn (2002), Ronaldo (1998) - None of them won the tournament that time.

France has too many stars and different players have performed at different times. So I think its unlikely the golden ball winner will come from their team.

As for England and Harry Kane I stand by my earlier comments. England's best player was Pickford followed probably by Trippier. Kane could still make the top ten but definitely not the top three. Pickford should be there. Most probably he will be the golden glove winner. I hope they don't commit the stupidity of excluding goalkeepers from the list like they did last time with Neuer.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Ball winner prediction thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum