RealGunner
juvealbanian
Mr Nick09
Ganso
S
70 posters

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

Official : Eden Hazard to Real Madrid  - Page 24 Empty Re: Official : Eden Hazard to Real Madrid

Post by El Gunner Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:19 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Think its nothing new, a lot of players said CR is more of a physical beast n goal scoring, rather than so called 'pure footballer' in terms of ability with his feet n the ball rather than able to jump 5 feet high lol, able to control games, create chances, the interplay with teammates, etc. Not saying CR isnt a great footballer, but I think its not hard to understand his meaning?

Not everyone is a superhuman n thinks football is above everything... think hes more happy with being a more normal person which includes being lazy at times n enjoying life, especially when u have earned so much money etc...

yup.. the insane money in the game also makes it easier for modern players to just become very comfortable and not push themselves further. Also they're less likely to play hard all the time and go into challenges because they don't want a leg break that could prevent them from getting their next juicy contract. These are just facts. Not everyone will have Mamba mentality.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Official : Eden Hazard to Real Madrid  - Page 24 Empty Re: Official : Eden Hazard to Real Madrid

Post by El Gunner Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:20 am

can't be arsed to read all that full interview, if there's a video i'll watch
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:27 pm

Varnagel wrote:Eden Hazard: "Lionel Messi is the only player I've told myself 'He's better than me'. I loved watching him at Barca. Messi is the GOAT. Cristiano Ronaldo is a bigger football legend than me. In terms of pure football, CR7 isn't a better player than me. Neymar, maybe. Afterwards, not better than me."

The full interview in English

Spoiler:
Nice to see a football player with well grounded opinions. Seems to be so rare nowadays.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:01 pm

titosantill wrote:what does "pure football" mean?

in one word? Ronaldinho
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:16 pm

okay wait, i need to bring this up lol. is he just saying he was a better dribbler? cos if instead of saying that, we're using terms like "pure football" to make it sound better than it really is, that's just manipulation.

anything football related (pure, unpure or impure) the only versions of cristiano that prime hazard was better than would be sporting lisbon version, his first 2 years at united and his later years at juve, utd and Saudi.

If we saying just dribbling, i would say its closer than we think (between prime hazard and cristiano in his united days). Hazard edges it though. But i look at dribbling like it has to have a purpose....even then neymar's not the only dribbler better than hazard. Iniesta (who i don't rate as high as many) was a way better dribbler and more purposeful. obviously messi, without a doubt, robben, ribery.

But once again i'm not looking at how many people they've dribbled or attempted to, but just players from that era who i feel, their dribbling was purposeful. hazard and isco are very similar in my book.

I get his plan though, he's trying to use "pure football" to get him in some kind of relevant conversation. its similar to a basketball player knowing they can't compare themselves to lebron or steph, and they say stuff like "if we just talking about hooping, no player can see me". And then when we ask well what do you mean by hooping? they say things like "real hoopers know".
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:47 pm

this is how i understand what he means by "pure football": natural grace with ball control, dribbling, reading and manipulating the game with your movements

i see Hazard's point... Ronaldo at United was a stepover merchant, bunch of irky-jerky movements that weren't really purposeful and efficient, it was more for "look at me" aesthetic purposes
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:33 am

He might be the most talented man to ever walk the earth, but without the right work ethic and fitness that doesn't mean anything.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:37 am

Footage from the 09/10 season of Ronaldo is fascinating. You could see he was adapting even more so to be a goal scorer than a provider down the flank but he still had speed and acceleration that was noticeably higher than in 10/11 and obviously onwards. He also didn’t look as bulky which is connected. Even his face looked a little different imo. Laughing

Looking at that player from 09/10 you could be an idiot and downplay/misunderstand his “talent” as prosaic but in reality, with his speed and acceleration (which at 09/10 already was going down even from previous years from what I’ve seen) and his heading, shooting, passing, instincts, and his relentless drive… dear god.

Even at the time I remember people remarking that despite having greater numbers Ronaldo was “regressing” 10/11 onwards, even more so after around 2014 where if I remember correctly he suffered a condition that affected forever onwards how he moved on a football pitch.

To say Hazard was more talented in “pure football” ability would arguably make you look more like a simple minded idiot hipster more than anything else.

The 09/10 Ronaldo playing in the more optimized goal scoring scheme from 13/14 onwards would surely be sin.

One of the all time embodiments of talent and I dare say that there’s a version of Ronaldo that we never got to see in greater totality. It’s in that 09/10 version.

To paraphrase the indie artist Momus, Ronaldo is a little “misunderestimated”.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:46 pm

I think Hazard is mostly referring to technique I guess? Maybe natural instinct or something? I'm not sure how to say it but I kind of know what he is implying. Messi neymar iniesta seem very natural and fluid with the ball at their feet almost like they were born to play football is the best way to describe it, while others worked there way there (i.e CR7 even tho he's extremely naturally gifted but we're splitting hairs at this point). I'd put benzema and de bruynes prime over Hazard too

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:23 pm

correct Clutch, but let's be honest there are lots of people's primes over Hazard, even arguably Alexis Sanchez
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:23 pm

He can't be referring to technique. He never had that over CR. I think its just the kind of dribbling tbh. And i would say he's like isco. Although, i would still trust cristiano more with the football than hazard. I don't think they're debating primes, i think its just what hazard considers "pure football" which i think honestly its just dribbling, cos cristiano has that dude clearly beat in everything else. Dribbling might be the only football related thing that can be debatable between them.

Last edited by titosantill on Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:49 am

natural grace/instinct, not technique
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24