RealGunner
El Gunner
rincon
Mr Nick09
S
34 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Predict Premier League Top 4 2018/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict Premier League Top 4 2018/19

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:08 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's not really a copypasta tbh.

It's what the Cavs players said after they made a bunch of trades.

Yeah but it's become a copypasta on NBA reddit...lad, if you're going to correct me, especially on such a pedantic detail, get it right

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Predict Premier League Top 4 2018/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict Premier League Top 4 2018/19

Post by Kick Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:23 am

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. Utd

Mou to get the sack.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:53 am

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Spurs
5. United
6. Arsenal
7. Lesster

It is known
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:46 am

1. Liverpool no excuses!
2. Arsenal
3. Spurs
4. Chelsea
5. Pep Fraud Hipster sack watch
6. Mou the fool sack watch

this post is in jest but 1st place is my only serious prediction.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:43 am

CBarca wrote:Spurs getting disrespected because of a quiet window. Pool getting a lot of credit for their window. It's understandable if flawed

Eh

Quote me when Spurs finish above Liverpool yet again.

flawed like how. there was about 3-4 points between spurs and liverpool last season liverpool have not sold any players and signed shaqiri fabinho naby k and alisson. spurs have sold dembelle and have not signed anyone. scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:46 pm

2 points between Spurs and Liverpool, and almost all points that Liverpool dropped were weirdly for the first time in years against top teams.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:52 pm

There's a big difference between our window and Tottenham's window, but it doesn't guarantee we're going to be better than them. Personally I want to see these weaker league boys like Fabinho and Keita prove themselves among the big boys before I get excited about them. Right now it's just as likely that Tottenham's Dier and Dembele have been just as good as them all along.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:28 pm

Art Morte wrote:There's a big difference between our window and Tottenham's window, but it doesn't guarantee we're going to be better than them. Personally I want to see these weaker league boys like Fabinho and Keita prove themselves among the big boys before I get excited about them. Right now it's just as likely that Tottenham's Dier and Dembele have been just as good as them all along.
not sure about fabinho because he seems to be taking longer to fit in. but keita will be the best MF player in england by the end of next season imo.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:57 pm

Unique wrote:
Art Morte wrote:There's a big difference between our window and Tottenham's window, but it doesn't guarantee we're going to be better than them. Personally I want to see these weaker league boys like Fabinho and Keita prove themselves among the big boys before I get excited about them. Right now it's just as likely that Tottenham's Dier and Dembele have been just as good as them all along.
not sure about fabinho because he seems to be taking longer to fit in. but keita will be the best MF player in england by the end of next season imo.

Ah, I remember that season, 2009-10. It was among the first few when I started to seriously get into football. Signing that midfield maestro Alberto Aquilani seemed exciting, even if slightly surprising. I was sure he'd be among the best MF in England...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:03 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Unique wrote:

Ah, I remember that season, 2009-10. It was among the first few when I started to seriously get into football. Signing that midfield maestro Alberto Aquilani seemed exciting, even if slightly surprising. I was sure he'd be among the best MF in England...
he was a injury prone panic buy tbf. naby is a proper player. some big clubs were all over him tbf but we some how got a deal done for him. he is the box to box MF we have lacked since gerrard. the guy has 10 times more tallent than most of the MF players in england who do well. plus the guy has a bit of fight in him and that goes a long way in this lge.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:19 pm

Liverpool
City
United
Chelsea
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:06 pm

Unique wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
Unique wrote:

he was a injury prone panic buy tbf. naby is a proper player. some big clubs were all over him tbf but we some how got a deal done for him. he is the box to box MF we have lacked since gerrard. the guy has 10 times more tallent than most of the MF players in england who do well. plus the guy has a bit of fight in him and that goes a long way in this lge.

"Has a bit of a fight in him" = all the red cards he's been taking?

And pls don't mention Gerrard when talking about this lad.

Obviously I wish him to do well, but let's not get our dick out before seeing page 3.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:14 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Unique wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Obviously I wish him to do well, but let's not get our dick out before seeing page 3.
my point is his personality on the pitch is more like suarez than markovic. i know both are at the top and bottom of extreme but you get my point.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:19 pm

Unique wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
Unique wrote: he was a injury prone panic buy tbf. naby is a proper player. some big clubs were all over him tbf but we some how got a deal done for him. he is the box to box MF we have lacked since gerrard. the guy has 10 times more tallent than most of the MF players in england who do well. plus the guy has a bit of fight in him and that goes a long way in this lge.

my point is his personality on the pitch is more like suarez than markovic. i know both are at the top and bottom of extreme but you get my point.

Sure sure sure, and I agree, we need players with some bite ever since Suarez left.

BUT. So many of these continental guys flop in the Prem that I want to see them deliver before buying into the hype.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:21 pm

Despite mourinho sounding more and more senile with each day, he is still a top manager. I don't buy that United will drop out. Specially not with this squad. The'll be there challenging Arsenal for the title along with City and Liverpool
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:26 pm

Noone's going to challenge for the title except for City, obviously
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:34 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Unique wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Sure sure sure, and I agree, we need players with some bite ever since Suarez left.

BUT. So many of these continental guys flop in the Prem that I want to see them deliver before buying into the hype.
that is true any player has a chance of being a flop. but im willing to bet this guy will be a big hit. he is perfect for the way liverpool play. he is perfect for the EPL. and klopp is the perfect manager for him. but as you say time will tell. either i will bump these posts or you will. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:36 pm

Unique wrote:
CBarca wrote:Spurs getting disrespected because of a quiet window. Pool getting a lot of credit for their window. It's understandable if flawed

Eh

Quote me when Spurs finish above Liverpool yet again.

flawed like how. there was about 3-4 points between spurs and liverpool last season liverpool have not sold any players and signed shaqiri fabinho naby k and alisson. spurs have sold dembelle and have not signed anyone. scratch

Not to mention Spurs players made it the farthest in the WC, meaning that players will not be fit in August and miss the all important pre-season. New stadium is also taking a toll on signings to refresh the legs, Spurs will struggle to finish 4th for sure.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:50 pm

Liverpool
City
United
Spurs/Chelsea
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:02 pm

City
Pool
Arsenal
Chelsea
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:53 pm

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:04 pm

1 city
2 Chelsea
3 Arsenal
4 Everton
5 West Ham
6 Liverpool
7 manure
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:43 am

Jay29 wrote:1. City
2. Liverpool
3. United
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
6. Chelsea

Some reasoning:

Manchester City won't do well as they did last season. A regression for a title winning team is natural and I expect to see a drop off in goals, more goals conceded and a couple more bad results. However, even when factor that in, they're so ahead of everyone in terms of performance that it probably won't even matter. Maybe they won't win it with as big a gap this time, but bar an injury crisis I can't see how they won't win it again.

Liverpool have strengthened well in key areas while retaining their attack. I've no doubts that Salah will hit at least 25+ in the league again, and Mane and Firmino are consistent enough to provide 10-15 goals each. Mentally, I think Liverpool are in a very good place, in that it seems the most settled it's been there for years. However, where I believe they'll struggle is against deep, packed defences. This has been a constant problem for them under Klopp and the fact they haven't signed a playmaker for their midfield gives me little reason to believe that's going to change.

United are a bit volatile at the moment, what with Mourinho being Mourinho and all. That said, if they don't implode like Chelsea did they'll be in the top four. They're consistent at picking up results, one of the least prone to unexpected defeats and adept at grinding out draws in big games. They won't thrill anyone but they'll accumulate enough over the season to finish high up the table.

I have some slight bias picking Arsenal for fourth, but there's a decent reason for that. The home form last season was stellar (second only to City) but it was cancelled out by horrific away form. I don't expect that away form to repeat itself and five or so extra wins on the road will make a huge difference (Arsenal would have finished second easily last year with half-decent away form). Of course, you have to allow for the team getting used to a new manager, which is why I can't predict them finishing any higher. Still, with Aubameyang, Lacazette, Ozil, etc. they'll have enough to beat the scrubs. Everything else depends on how much Emery improves their defending.

Tottenham could easily finish above Arsenal again, though. Squad consistency isn't a bad thing so long as Kane et al keep performing. Two concerns for them, though: the defence without Alderweireld isn't as good, while the midfield is also weaker without Dembele there every game. If they make a couple of signings that might change, but I think those two areas of the team have become a bit weaker.

Chelsea at least have a manager now, but there are a few things working against them. One is that the transition to Sarri's style of football will take time since it's such a drastic change from what they're used to and he doesn't have all the players he needs. Another is their lack of a consistent scorer. I think they have the weakest attack of the top six sides and will be super-dependent on Hazard for consistent quality. At the back, a lot will depend on what happens with Courtois, whether their CBs can function well as a duo instead of a three, and if they have enough quality at full-back.

Thought I'd revisit this. Looking at the table now, my predictions don't seem too far off. hmm

I was spot on about Arsenal and Chelsea, at least.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Pretty solid foresight indeed. Even good on Tottenham though, no, I mean weren't they without Alderweireld for a while, and their midfield is pretty much stale since they don't dominate and exert control in that area over opposition teams as much as they used to in the last few seasons. hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:55 pm

Kaladin wrote:1) City
2) Pool
3) Spurs
4) Arsenal
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:06 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:1-Pool
2-City
3-Spurs
4-Arsenal
liverpool has got this, they will win the title
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next