BusterLfc
The Demon of Carthage
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
S
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Official Club Atlético de Madrid thread  Empty Official Club Atlético de Madrid thread

Post by S Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:09 am

Official Club Atlético de Madrid thread  1200px-Atletico_Madrid_2017_logo.svg

All Atletico Madrid related discussion here

What are Atletico's expectations for this season ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Official Club Atlético de Madrid thread  Empty Re: Official Club Atlético de Madrid thread

Post by futbol_bill Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:26 am

Are there any Atleti fans on GL?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Official Club Atlético de Madrid thread  Empty Re: Official Club Atlético de Madrid thread

Post by S Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:39 am

futbol_bill wrote:Are there any Atleti fans on GL?

There are many. You just dont know them.

The real team in Madrid :bow:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:08 am

Can't wait to batter them today

Simeone already getting his excuses ready:

"Budgets are not on par"

In the past 3-4 seasons Atleti have outspent us ffs. Gtfo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:25 am

S wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:Are there any Atleti fans on GL?

There are many. You just dont know them.

The real team in Madrid :bow:

My question was serious. I have yet to see a Atleti fan in GL!

I am probably their only supporter here, but I only remotely support them against Barca and European oppositions.

And I find this lack of GL fans surprising as it can be argued that in past few years Atleti can be considered the third strongest / successful team behind Real Madrid and Barcelona!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:12 am

They have no fans, Bill. They only have sympathizers, as in people who hate Madrid.

I'm also a little surprised that you occasionally support them. A Madrid fan supporting Atlético; that's like an Arsenal fan supporting Spurs.

Didn't think I would see one in my lifetime, but I guess you're the first.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:23 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Simeone already getting his excuses ready:

"Budgets are not on par"

In the past 3-4 seasons Atleti have outspent us ffs. Gtfo

Talking about unequal budgets during a time where Madrid has zero net spend and have been playing with the same starting eleven for the past four years while Atlético has spent £111.15m in this transfer window alone.

He has no shame, does he? Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:26 am

He's absolutely right. Madrid's operating costs annually are way higher than Atletico, its not even comparable. If you include the wage bill of both clubs, it gives a bigger and a more clearer picture.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:40 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:They have no fans, Bill. They only have sympathizers, as in people who hate Madrid.

I'm also a little surprised that you occasionally support them. A Madrid fan supporting Atlético; that's like an Arsenal fan supporting Spurs.

I’m certainly not alone, maybe not on GL, but certainly in real world!
It’s white color vs blue color support. Maybe that’s an outdated view with you millennials, but the roots of this distinquishment goes back decades. Same with Boca vs River or City vs United or Barca vs Espanyol or Sevilla vs Betis or here in Asturias Real Oviedo vs Sporting Gijon. And at end of day, we generally support our city, region, country when it’s not against our favourite team.

But back to my question, I am surprised, there are no Atleti fans on GL!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:45 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:They have no fans, Bill. They only have sympathizers, as in people who hate Madrid.

I don't hate Real, I'm neutral on them, but I still symphatize Atletico and respect Simeone for what he achieved, from an average team he built a great one over the years and won La Liga, 2 Europa and reached 2 CL finals in just 8 years, that's mad if you think about what Atletico looked like pre-Simeone, and that he kept them at such high level over the years is even more impressive.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:20 pm

S wrote:He's absolutely right. Madrid's operating costs annually are way higher than Atletico, its not even comparable. If you include the wage bill of both clubs, it gives a bigger and a more clearer picture.
Funny you should say that. Simeone made significantly more than ZZ while he was our coach. Koke makes more than Kroos and Modric and Griezmann makes more than our whole team bar Bale. And they haven't won even a fraction of the trophies we've won over the years. I am sure their defenders make more than all ours not named Ramos. As I said, excuses.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Real Madrid revenue €674.6M

Atletico Madrid revenue €272.5M

As per Deloitte money league 2018

Sit down numpty

You ain't convincing anyone that Atleti's operating costs are equal to Madrid's

Don't pollute this thread with your useless Real Madrid drivel

Show some appreciation or GTFO ffs
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:55 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
S wrote:He's absolutely right. Madrid's operating costs annually are way higher than Atletico, its not even comparable. If you include the wage bill of both clubs, it gives a bigger and a more clearer picture.
Funny you should say that. Simeone made significantly more than ZZ while he was our coach. Koke makes more than Kroos and Modric and Griezmann makes more than our whole team bar Bale. And they haven't won even a fraction of the trophies we've won over the years. I am sure their defenders make more than all ours not named Ramos. As I said, excuses.

You’re way off Hala. Weekly wage bill is 2.2M vs 1.7M (pounds)
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:20 pm

Well   I don't know even if it exsists a considerable Atletico Madrid fanbase abroad. I can't say it about Italy because here no ppl support foreign teams but I wonder in Asia for example..
At the end who considered  them before of Simeone era
We had some Valencia fan tbf  (Che, Lord Awesome) but they were relevant 20-15 years ago. They were the Atletico of  last 90s - first half 00
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:22 pm

can't believe some numpties on here think that Atleti are gonna be a force in the CL this season

as deluded as me saying United will be

and we will

I expect second or third in La Liga and a R16 or QF exit in the CL depending on the draw
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:28 pm

They will 100% have a much better season than United, that much i can say
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Probably be comparable IMO. Top 4 and maybe a crappy cup final in Spain.

They will not win anything major. I think this is finally Simeone's last season there too.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:31 pm

There is a lot of hype around this atleti team in Spain. On paper, the media are calling the best squad they've ever had.

If the new signings click with Simeone then they can really strong.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:36 pm

S wrote:Real Madrid revenue €674.6M

Sit down numpty

Don't pollute this thread with your useless Real Madrid drivel

Well RM is a well run club that consistently win trophies. Yet Atleti who make a fraction of our revenue match our wages across the board and outspend us. They have even financed their stadium project faster than us. Either they are doing what they did in the 90th when they spent more than they earned or when it comes to squad management financially they can go toe to toe with us
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:39 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

You’re way off Hala. Weekly wage bill is 2.2M vs 1.7M (pounds)
I predict in a few years, it will be on par with our. Just pointing out how they have no problem paying their players big bucks when the 4th highest earner in LL is Griezmann and 6th Koke. Both making more than 99% of our players. And a coach who made more than double what ZZ used to get
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Wonder what the weekly wage bill is for the top 14 players of each team (starting 11 and likeliest 3 subs) as opposed to the whole squad.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Saul's contract is until 2026, discuss. Does any other high profile player have a 8+ year contract?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:53 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
S wrote:Real Madrid revenue €674.6M

Sit down numpty

Don't pollute this thread with your  useless Real Madrid drivel

Well RM is a well run club that consistently win trophies. Yet Atleti who make a fraction of our revenue match our wages across the board and outspend us. They have even financed their stadium project faster than us. Either they are doing what they did in the 90th when they spent more than they earned or when it comes to squad management financially they can go toe to toe with us

You have no credible source. Just spewing some random stuff to suit your agenda. Atletico sell to buy unlike Madrid. This has been the trend for most part except for this season.

http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/esp/estadio_la_peineta

According to this link, Atletico spent €240M to finance the stadium costs and i assume stadium naming rights (Wanda) will partly cover the costs.

This is nothing compared to Madrid who are planning a massive overhaul of the Bernabeu which is going to cost way more than this.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:46 am

So, is Atletico in the no excuses category now? Outspent and even pummel the 3 time defending CL winner. Have 2 of the best forwards in Europe. A World class goalie, world class defender in Godin. Solid players in Saul, Koke, Lucas, Giminez, Felipe. And a great manager in Simeone who, unlike Klopp, takes his L in stride and keeps on improving.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:57 am

vanDEEZ wrote:Saul's contract is until 2026, discuss. Does any other high profile player have a 8+ year contract?

Kepa's runs to 2025.

Doesn't Koke's run to 2024 or something?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum