Myesyats
Thimmy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
RealGunner
23 posters

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 5 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by Freeza Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Firenze wrote:it was a response mostly intended to bait you out anyway

I know who he is obviously but I'm largely ignorant on him since I've only seen him in a couple of movies I didn't care for, see a lot of people online saying he's been really good in recent roles and it's a fairly large coup I suppose, plus I read he's a fan of the series (idk if it's true or not)

you think he will nail it?

I think he's a good actor who fits perfectly for the role.
It doesn't help that people mainly know him from Zack Snyder movies. Zack Snyder is probably the worst director in Hollywood at getting good performances out of an actor.

I'd suggest you to watch Mission Impossible: Fallout and have in mind he did most of his own stunts in that movie. That means this series have the capability of being great in the action department. He's also great at the whole deadpan delivery Geralt has in the games. And think he can nail that personality.

Of course I don't know how much of Geralt in the games compares to the books, as that's the thing they're mainly basing the show on.
But if the games are an indication, looks and physicality of the role is the most important thing, and no one in Hollywood fits better at those two aspects than Cavill. A huge thespian is not needed for that role.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 5 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by Firenze Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:08 pm

need an interviewer to put him on the spot regarding that tbh otherwise I'm just gonna think he said it for cheap pops from actual fans ffs

also need him to answer: Triss or Yen
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Whispess is the real answer tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Firenze wrote:need an interviewer to put him on the spot regarding that tbh otherwise I'm just gonna think he said it for cheap pops from actual fans ffs

also need him to answer: Triss or Yen

Most he’s said so far
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:15 pm

I'm more of a Succubus kinda guy
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:18 pm

Weavess is hot tbh.

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 5 Latest?cb=20160320065023
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:14 pm

Firenze wrote:also need him to answer: Triss or Yen

Priscilla imo
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:05 am

Lady Duchess Anna Henrietta imo
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:26 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

He seems to be more into this than Mole

The guy is a Witcher geek, he will do fine
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:29 am

He didn't even say what he liked about the Witcher series. Just said "they are really really good". Typical sign of someone who doesn't know anything about something.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:37 am

danyjr wrote:He didn't even say what he liked about the Witcher series. Just said "they are really really good". Typical sign of someone who doesn't know anything about something.

Sure.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:38 am

I always love how people doubt famous actors are really nerds.

Like... Have any of you ever had drama kids at your school? Those guys are the biggest nerds in the world.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:04 am

danyjr wrote:He didn't even say what he liked about the Witcher series. Just said "they are really really good". Typical sign of someone who doesn't know anything about something.

So what? Even if you're right, most people who could have been cast surely don't have any idea either.

I'm sure Mads Mikkelsen hasnt even heard about Witcher yet he was people's favorite.

Obviously the public would prefer someone who looks more like Geralt from the games but even then we wouldnt be sure if that person would do a good job.

For all we know, Henry might do a great job with this role.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:16 am

Oof mixed thoughts on this.

Being an only recent Witcher convert (Witcher 3 and no prior experience with its predecessors and apparently entertaining books) it does remain easy still to carry an opinion here given how much I absolutely love Geralt overall but:

Henry Cavill quite simply put is a GOOD actor. His Superman for me is the finest rendition yet (yes I said that). Man from Uncle was impressive too while I am yet to see him in MI:Fallout though heard much praise of a film I'm already overdue to see.

I simply question his depth and my favoured man for the job was like most, Mads Mikkelsen but I do give it to Cavill that he has not paired up with exactly cinematic masters to direct him given Snyder is mostly a hack and Cavill may not have the experience to flesh out what is a deep character despite the stoic appearance and nailing the Grey area that typifies Geralt will be tricky.

Most of all I hope he can pull the voice off well in his signature Gruff.

It warmed my heart to Cavill when he glowingly praised the game and the books like a clear fanatic so he will be dedicated and possess prior knowledge to the Wolf now what remain how well he is lead into the role though I've much faith in what he himself can bring out if done so properly.

Cavill has much to offer yet.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:12 pm

Can't find the quote right now but the producer said they interviewed a hundred people for the part and Cavill was the best, that he, as a book reader, showed a deep understanding of the character and what goes through his head, where to be violent and where to show some vulnerability. Encouraging.

I'm also reading that the release date has been changed from 2020 to 2019
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:27 pm

Yeah I read the same, honestly everything she's said since she got the role tells me she's understands the source material.

So I have no reason until it's pain stakingly obvious to be concerned.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Personally, I think MI: Fallout was a vastly overrated movie that had it's moments of classic, MI/Tom Cruise action, but ultimately didn't warrant such high ratings. I honestly don't understand how it is that so many critics all seemed to mercifully overlook some of the more cliché and amateuristic parts of the movie that other movies tend to get harshly punished for, but enough about that.

I liked Cavill's character in the most recent Mission Impossible. I'm not very familiar with his previous work, but from what I can tell, he's mostly known for playing nice guys. With MI, he's convinced me that he can play a villain, as well. He looked badass, and his character felt genuine. That's a sign of adaptability, if anything. I'm really not expecting much from a TV show based on the Witcher series, but I look forward to seeing how Cavill interprets the role of Geralt.

If he can go from this:

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 5 8659835720_83956c6f9f_b-998x705

To this:

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 5 Tumblr_p8tjcgb97s1rei3gfo2_540

Then, I'm sure he can tackle Geralt's more subdued personality.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:09 pm

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/09/07/the-witcher-netflix-series-ciri-white-changes/

she's described to have fair hair and white complexion in the books right?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:43 pm

There's the reason to be concerned.

If that happens I'm not watching.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:30 pm

Seems like a lot of people are upset about this. Poles think that Netflix is introducing American issues into a Polish culture franchise. Book readers think it will needlessly complicate the political aspects of the show (will they make the entire royal family black now too?). It also seems to destroy a lot of the good will fans had, which they need in order for this to be a hit.

I thought the author was involved in the production? Can't see him greenlighting this.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:40 pm

The should hire some more Slavs to do roles tbf. If anything those are underrepresented.

Also seems like a vague source right now. Especially considering Americans think everyone outside of English origins aren’t white. Had a discussion on reddit with someone who claimed Pau Gasoline wasn’t white.

So there’s a chance they’re casting, Polish, Yugo etc? In BAME shortening?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Who cares? Why is it important?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:43 pm

Don't really care about Ciri that much to be bothered by it.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:46 pm

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 5 E5349510

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:51 pm

rincon wrote:Who cares? Why is it important?

Who cares? Like, almost everyone? The Witcher is depicting Slavic culture which has no connection with the black culture. It'd be harder for me to get immersed in the world.

It's almost like a white guy played the lead in Black Panther
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:56 pm

Hopefully Martin Csokas can get a solid role in this. Would love for him to be Vesemir or one of the other Witcher’s.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next