urbaNRoots
Kaladin
Hapless_Hans
Valkyrja
sportsczy
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thierry Henry to be new Monaco manager - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry to be new Monaco manager

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:53 am

Lex wrote:
“He would get frustrated with players in training and become abusive. He would come out and start demonstrating how to play, then get even more angry and start playing himself. “Take the ball off me” he’d scream”
FFS ☠☠☠

lmaooo where did he learn all that toxicity, the exact opposite of Wenger and Pep's teachings.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry to be new Monaco manager - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry to be new Monaco manager

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:30 am

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:30 am

Looks like he'll be the new coach for the Montreal Impact in MLS.

That should be interesting.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:23 pm

The sample size we have of him albeit small was thoroughly unimpressive.

She seemed to be a very vain manager more concerned on his image rather than his coaching and possesses no such philosophy whatsoever and was a terrible man manager in Monaco.

I do want him to succeed as I love the player and the person but like some great players in sports such as Maradona to Gretzky he clearly could not transmit the great player he was, onto practical theory and that does tend to happen.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:39 pm

He has MLS experience unlike previous coach Remi Garde. Many arrive from Europe and they underestimate the complexity of squad management in MLS.

Because there are many rules, home grown players, salary cap, synthetic turf, commercial flights. All things that make the league lack credibility and it needs adjustments for a new coach.

Looking forward to make the playoffs for the first time in years. We have a depleted squad with very few talent, he must use his european contacts to bring us better players.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:07 pm

He's probably already in his last chance saloon when it comes to management, let's see if he can make it count.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:49 pm

This is a sensible move from Henry and for Montreal as well. There will be a lot less pressure on him in MLS and Montreal are team in need of something resembling a reboot anyway as they are not at the level they were a few years ago. This afford Henry the right environment to impose his managerial style without all of the high profile attention he got with Monaco.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:44 pm

McLewis wrote:This afford Henry the right environment to impose his managerial style without all of the high profile attention he got with Monaco.

His managerial style, of course, being that his players have to try to get the ball off him in training while he shouts at them.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:07 pm

Great move for him.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Duronto-Roddur Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:39 pm

Pardon my insolence, but isn't MLS, ME and Chinese leagues are some sort of vacation/old-age home for premier footballers and managers? If you are starting your career there, then you are probably going nowhere.

Duronto-Roddur
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:53 pm

Duronto-Roddur wrote:Pardon my insolence, but isn't MLS, ME and Chinese leagues are some sort of vacation/old-age home for premier footballers and managers? If you are starting your career there, then you are probably going nowhere.

For players the Chinese league is a cash-out given they are willing to offer absurd sums of money to even average players from top leagues whilst MLS is basically semi-retirement for former top players given the level of the football itself there is considerably bad.

For managers? No. Great place to start off rather than taking on a project beyond one's depth.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Duronto-Roddur Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Are there any instances of a MLS manager managing some European (lower league included) club? Just curious.

Duronto-Roddur
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:47 am

Tata Martino went from Barcelona to Argentina to the MLS (I think Atlanta?). I think he's back to managing international for Mexico these days
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:29 am

In any case, it's the last managing job Henry will ever have, and it won't last long either, so no need to pick our brains about it
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:52 pm

If Bag A Chips Sam Allardyce can keep landing gig after gig, Titi is safe
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Well, at least Big Sam stayed for a lengthy period of time with Bolton and West Ham.

I can't imagine Henry with his current level lasting more than three months in either of them or any other club in the PL...or anywhere else.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:30 pm

Allardyce is part of that general English managerial covenant that is basically a partisanship similar to Steve Bruce, Hodgson, Pardew, Hoddle, Warnock, Redknapp, etc and of that ilk.

I can assure you they always will be employed as similar names of sort can be mentioned in the Top 5 leagues.

Henry is being selected solely due to his star status and obvious branding potential as otherwise he's shown very little managerial ability, so far.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:36 am

Some people might want updates ?

Last year we won the canadian cup, so instead of starting the season with MLS, we start straight in Concacaf Champions League round of 16 Laughing against the champion of Costa Rica whose calendar is the same as in Europe

Needless to say we had a real disadvantage in every aspect of a football match. But against all odds we qualify in the end through away goals !! 2-2 followed by 0-0

Henry used ultra defensive tactics and it worked. We played 5-3-2 then 5-4-1. It must be said that we have a talentless squad. The local hockey club is currently so miserable that i follow Impact, looool, and many are doing the same. His comments are like fresh air for me, he's very honest while still respecting the market.

Nice beginning tbh, have Drogba here was exciting, have Nesta here was fapworthy, but having Thierry Henry as coach is unreal.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:09 pm

MLS starts this weekend, seems early.

I actually watched the first leg of Impact vs Saspirilla (on tv) they actually took an early 2-0 lead as I recall.

I honestly did not know that they got through. I guess Costa Ricans do not like playing in metre high snow and -20C temps for the return leg.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum