21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Santiago Solari, Real Madrid manager Empty Santiago Solari, Real Madrid manager

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:17 pm

Is now officially no longer interim, but the proper Real Madrid manager :bow:

Real reward interim boss Solari with permanent contract
AFP / MIGUEL RIOPA

Interim Real Madrid manager Santiago Solari was appointed permanent coach on Monday after overseeing a startling upturn in the European champions' fortunes since he stepped in to replace Julen Lopetegui.

"Everything is in order. Real Madrid have worked out his contract and there are no problems," the Spanish football federation stated.
https://www.afp.com/en/news/3955/real-reward-interim-boss-solari-permanent-contract-doc-1as42y7

Santiago Solari is now officially the new Real Madrid coach, putting an end to his time as interim boss.

The Argentine was only allowed to be in temporary charge for two weeks, after which the club had to make a decision on his future and now they have done so, after four wins from four.

ESPN initially reported that after the victory against Celta Vigo on Sunday night, Los Blancos sent Solari's new contract to the Spanish Football Federation and MARCA have confirmed the news.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/11/12/5be97da4468aeba10c8b45a7.html

Here's to a new era Molenation
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Santiago Solari, Real Madrid manager Empty Re: Santiago Solari, Real Madrid manager

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:20 pm

I hope he does well and not prompt hans to change the thread to "Solari Sack Watch" a few weeks from now Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Santiago Solari, Real Madrid manager Empty Re: Santiago Solari, Real Madrid manager

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:22 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I hope he does well and not prompt hans to change the thread to "Solari Sack Watch" a few weeks from now Laughing

Don't you worry, there already is one of course

http://www.goallegacy.net/t41742-santiago-solari-sack-watch

Thought he deserved a proper thread too :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:25 pm

The 42-year-old has since led Real to four wins in four games - the best start of any manager in the club's history.

Real had to give Solari - or someone else - the job as Spanish rules prevent an interim coach from staying in charge for longer than two weeks.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46184890
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:26 pm

I absolutely fucking love this appointment
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:32 pm

I doubt he makes it to the end of the season.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I absolutely fucking love this appointment

I am loving Niko Kovac appointment as well, long may it continue.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:52 pm

Good luck to the man if he learned anything from zidane it to let the players play their natural game, manage the ego and leave the Spanish scrub flopsco on the bench where he belongs don't let the bernabeau and Spanish media bully him to start him.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:23 am

Entra Era Solari
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:33 pm

This is a nice thread, but I'll be posting in the sack watch thread, this is GL after all.

Proper threads, GTFO Hans Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:57 am

everyone is auditioning right now at real madrid
its a three year contract by the looks of it, but a coach's contract is as soft as baby food at madrid, just ask lope or rafa (who probably had stronger contracts than solari). its an audition for him

its an audition for the young players, with all these injuries we have now. and the senior players as well, with respect to life after zizou and especially cristiano.

i doubt solari celebrated the appointment, he knows madrid too well to get excited. if anything, he's probably intensified training regiments and things of that nature. hopefully we can build on the last few results, i hope we don't slack , and keep being motivated. int'l break came at the right time
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:07 pm

Holy shit, Solari is one of the douchiest looking guys around. Guy looks stuck in 1991, like he's playing lead in some sleazy B movie remake of 9 1/2 weeks. What the hell is this hair cut? What the hell is that style?

Amazing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:45 am

I think he looks quite handsome. A classic American look of men in the 50s.

Would've easily landed a role in Mad Men.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:47 am

Solari looks good, Hans is just jelly he is bald and can't grow his hair like SantiaGOAT.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:14 pm

Solari: "It seems that Pep's words are a deliberate omission, but we will not fight for one decade, when Madrid is the best club of the last century and the best club in history, also the best in the last decade and is the best because we never do something like that, not appreciate someone success"

At least he talks sense

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:38 pm

"best in the last decade" for winning the league, twice. What a dunderhead. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:24 pm

Messi:

"The Champions League is always special for what it means and we would like to win it again. We have that dream."

"It's unique, special, the best thing to be playing for at club level. A totally different competition and we all want to win it."

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:23 pm

Mamad wrote:Messi:

"The Champions League is always special for what it means and we would like to win it again. We have that dream."

"It's unique, special, the best thing to be playing for at club level. A totally different competition and we all want to win it."

Laughing Laughing Laughing

rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:10 pm

Except nothing Messi said is contradictory to what Pep said. Pep was talking about the best clubs not the most prestigious trophies.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:22 pm

Apparently for Uefadrid the best is, winning couple tough games in a season, with the help of referees. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:47 pm

Pep is a Barca fan, not sure why anyone expected anything complimentary about Madrid from said folks. I probably wouldn't have it any other way tbh.

In any case, quite a lot of them are very much salty that in the midst of them out right dominating Spain, Real Madrid won 3 European titles in a row and pretty much overshadowed their deserved achievements. They should blame Messi for the 3rd one tbh, choked pretty hard in the 2nd leg against Roma.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:06 pm

I hate to play devil's advocate, but are we sure that something wasn't lost in the translation though? Maybe he was talking about the most successful teams domestically? Cause only an idiot would belittle the miraculous achievement of winning three champions leagues in a row and 4 in 5 years, and I would like to think that Pep is the furthest thing from being an idiot.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:36 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I hate to play devil's advocate, but are we sure that something wasn't lost in the translation though? Maybe he was talking about the most successful teams domestically? Cause only an idiot would belittle the miraculous achievement of winning three champions leagues in a row and 4 in 5 years, and I would like to think that Pep is the furthest thing from being an idiot.

Xavi doesn't seem idiotic either, and it was a very Xavi-esque thing to say

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:56 pm

Well, I wouldn't have thought that something was lost in translation  had it been Xavi. I respect the man as a footballer, but some of the things he said about Madrid are nothing short of idiotic. Definitely not the brightest speaker out there.

Guardiola, on the other hand, has always been meticulous and careful about what he says. A cheap Mourinho-esque dig like that is so unlike him and way beneath him, that's why I thought that maybe he didn't mean it like that. On well...
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:14 pm

Benches Isco, the forum fan favourite, 19W 2D 4L, 76% win rate so far this term. Higher than Zidane's even.

Not bad considering Numptegui's win rate was 46%.

Last edited by danyjr on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next