Van Dijk is the second best player in the world and the most impactful defender of our generation.

+42
BarcaLearning
Vibe
halamadrid2
sportsczy
jibers
zigra
Kebab
iftikhar
Myesyats
McLewis
Arquitecto
CBarca
Adit
Helmer
titosantill
Luca
chemicalboy99
Varnagel
ExtremistEnigma
M99
RealGunner
Zagadka
Bellabong
Nishankly
rincon
Valkyrja
Hapless_Hans
El Gunner
Freeza
urbaNRoots
Unique
BarrileteCosmico
Thimmy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sina
BusterLfc
Doc
Art Morte
Kick
Firenze
Robespierre
McAgger
46 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Van Dijk is the second best player in the world and the most impactful defender of our generation. Empty Van Dijk is the second best player in the world and the most impactful defender of our generation.

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:29 pm

Messi is the only player better than him currently.

It’s not even close. He’s the best defender since Nesta and Maldini but much more impactful overall as a footballer than Nesta and much less of a bottler than Maldini (i.e. he doesn’t lose goal threatening headers to 5’1 Korean men in the World Cup).

He’s been at Liverpool for only 11 months and has already transformed one of the worst defensive top teams in the world into the best defensive side in Europe (no team in the top 15 leagues have conceded less goals than Liverpool this season).

He single handedly took a team that had no business being in CL to the final. And now he’s spearheaded the best Liverpool start in PL history. And if not for bald hipster’s £2 billion squad of doping cheats he might even single handedly lead his team to the most difficult fairy tale PL title EVER. We’ve never seen such a David vs Goliath story unfold in front of us in real life as it has with Van Dijk led Liverpool and the disgusting slave trading cheating oil money Man City.

There really is not much more a single man can do than what Van Dijk has done in 11 short months. Outside of Messi, probably the most dominant display of footballing ability and prowess in the history of this game over an 11 month period.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Van Dijk is the second best player in the world and the most impactful defender of our generation. Empty Re: Van Dijk is the second best player in the world and the most impactful defender of our generation.

Post by Robespierre Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:45 pm

Welcome back :bow:

of course Skirniar is better

Last edited by Robespierre on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Van Dijk is the second best player in the world and the most impactful defender of our generation. Empty Re: Van Dijk is the second best player in the world and the most impactful defender of our generation.

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:48 pm

I've seen him upstaged by Joe fucking Gomez on multiple occasions this season.

Rich mans Matip at most. Good to see you again though.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:51 pm

Imagine discounting Ronaldo, Neymar, Modric and Mbappe.

Welcome back, but I can't say I agree with you.

However, I can't think of too many better defenders of this generation.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:58 pm

'He single handedly took a team that had no business being in CL to the final'

pure horseshit and you know it too btw

Salah is the reason you were relevant last season

I mean you shipped 4 goals in a CL semi-final game ffs, but yeah it was all because of Van Dijk
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:04 pm

lmao McAgger with that 5/5 comeback thread Proud

Now we just need an injury crisis in May so that Origi can score the goals that win us the Premiership title.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:08 pm

Firenze wrote:'He single handedly took a team that had no business being in CL to the final'

I mean you shipped 4 goals in a CL semi-final game ffs, but yeah it was all because of Van Dijk

6.6 in the semi 1st leg
6.3 in the semi 2nd leg
6.0 in the final

Welcome back McAgger but gtfo with that history revisionism. Salah was the reason, the ONLY reason Liverpool made that final. Without him, you lost 3-1 to Madrid. Literally. Ugh. Seriously though, welcome back man (but gtfo too).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:04 am

Doc wrote:
Firenze wrote:'He single handedly took a team that had no business being in CL to the final'

6.6 in the semi 1st leg
6.3 in the semi 2nd leg
6.0 in the final

Welcome back McAgger but gtfo with that history revisionism. Salah was the reason, the ONLY reason Liverpool made that final. Without him, you lost 3-1 to Madrid. Literally. Ugh. Seriously though, welcome back man (but gtfo too).

Oxlade-Chamberlain was missed just as much if not more in the final. But what was missed the most was a sane goalkeeper Laughing
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:06 am

We only need Tiago Ilori to form the best CB partnership in history imo :bow:

Welcome back Proud
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:07 am

Welcome back Thumbs up

Don't call me James wrote:
. He’s the best defender since Nesta and Maldini

Unreal disrespect to Agger :coffee:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:14 am

Gonna ignore most of the flaws in this argument because i missed you Heart

Hope to see you in the NBA thread too. Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:21 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Gonna ignore most of the flaws in this argument  because i missed you Heart

Hope to see you in the NBA thread too. Thumbs up

Wouldn't be the first time you choose to ignore flaws tbh :coffee:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:24 am

Now this is what I call an epic entrance :bow: :bow:

Completely agreed and been wanting to make this thread for a while

Welcome back cheers
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:57 am

Welcome back I hope prison life wasn’t to hard on you. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:58 am

I investigated this claim for a long time and according to my thorough research I came to the conclusion that you are inaccurate in your claim.

Here's why (please only read if you are an intelectual and can understand hard statistics):

Spoiler:
With regards
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:11 am

urbaNRoots wrote:I investigated this claim for a long time and according to my thorough research I came to the conclusion that you are inaccurate in your claim.

Here's why (please only read if you are an intelectual and can understand hard statistics):

Spoiler:
With regards
urbaNRoots

To further your research, he wasn't even the best in the Prem last season.

References:
https://www.futhead.com/18/players/?group=cbs&league=13&club=all&bin_platform=pc
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:12 am

urbaNRoots wrote:I investigated this claim for a long time and according to my thorough research I came to the conclusion that you are inaccurate in your claim.

Spoiler:
With regards
urbaNRoots

Only Ramos is our generation hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:31 am

Freeza wrote:

Spoiler:
With regards
urbaNRoots

Only Ramos is our generation hmm

Only decided to include these 3 in my research because McAgger compared van Dijk to them himself but even if you only include players who played from 2010 until now van Dijk is still behind 11 center backs (at least) according to reliable FIFA ratings.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:33 am

Wasn't this supposed to be Matip.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:57 am

Oh jeez.

I'm so sorry for Liverpool fans. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted, a top 4 finish, a CL final, a very good start to a season, putting pressure on City for 2 months, that's not nothing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:57 am

El Gunner wrote:Wasn't this supposed to be Matip.

Next year it will be Joe Gomez
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:03 am

Van Dijk really was great for Liverpool, it's a shame about the incoming season ending injury
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Best GL day in 2018 for me, I missed you Mc <3
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:20 pm

Doesn't Lahm win this title though or is he not of our generation
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:12 pm

You're welcome everyone :bow:
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next