Jay29
El Gunner
Art Morte
Helmer
Hapless_Hans
48 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 36 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Glory Sun 13 Jan - 21:08:54

Lol nice win in the end. Spurs with 0 midfielders cutting right through our 3 midfielders in that 2nd half thou was a bit worrying. Matic and Herrera were easily bypassed. Played a bit like a Mou's team then. 0 brain from any of our experienced guys. Perhaps the lack of running has made most of our guys unfit and they appeared tired in the 2nd half.

Anyway Spurs were mostly shite. But they does deserved at least a draw surely. DDGod Proud
And I dont think any sort of definitely conclusion is correct from this game because of that. (brace for Man United fans going absolutely overboard in the next few days btw) Whether Oleball has to roll on beyond the season, we will have to wait and see. Our attacking play is joy thou to see.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 36 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Thimmy Sun 13 Jan - 21:43:07

Mr Nick09 wrote:Eriksen is mishitting all of his passes today, Vandeez come get your man

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
of course, i am looking at united's potential to counter. PSG's defense and ability to defend in transition is not very good. that's the match up.

Going to follow up with Di MAria >>> Lamela and even Draxler >>> Eriksen
i did not know Eriksen was underrated to this point on GL

Eriksen is an absolutely elite player, in my opinion. A few poor performances by his standard, doesn’t change that. I’d take him in a heartbeat.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Sun 13 Jan - 23:47:05

And right on cue, the hysterical teenage Asian girl footballing experts on the forum-who only last week were crying to get Pochetino in-are all about how much Ole Gunnar tactically schooled Pochetino. You guys are nothing if not so predictable and clueless.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 13 Jan - 23:51:18

lmao

didn't watch the game, but did they actually get schooled? from what I'm reading United won off the only good chance they had, which Llolris really should've saved. Meanwhile De Gea did some magic to keep them in.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun 13 Jan - 23:54:49

From my viewing, I don't think Poch expected Utd to press so well in the 1st half nor did the players but in the 2nd half, whatever adjustments Poch made definitely helped as the Utd press was sort of nullified and Spurs really had enough chances to not only equalise but win the entire game.

Basically, Ole didn't school Poch but he did beat him and that's all that matters.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon 14 Jan - 1:07:24

To be fair, it was quite predictable that United wouldn't be able to keep up the pressing in the second half. That would've happened regardless of Pochettino's intervention. Matic and Herrera looked tired as heck in the second half.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon 14 Jan - 9:10:41

BarrileteCosmico wrote:lmao

didn't watch the game, but did they actually get schooled? from what I'm reading United won off the only good chance they had, which Llolris really should've saved. Meanwhile De Gea did some magic to keep them in.

You have been reading wrong I am sorry to say. :coffee: Never mind the stats Our 13( 8 ) to Spurs’ 21(11). Stats can be misleading definitely. But if you watch the game, Pogba alone had 3 massive chances. (One of which was a brilliant Lloris save from close range). Martial had a shot in the 1st half straight to Lloris’s feet from close range (almost identical to the chances Spurs had and spurned in the 2nd half).

To people saying we only created one chance to win the game and were lucky, I am sorry I just can’t agree. One thing I do agree is that Tottenham deserved at least a draw from that match. But then again, remember they were overwhelming favourites before the game. Spurs fans in their forum were confident that they would give us a whopping.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon 14 Jan - 9:45:04

Spurs very clearly could have won this game, let alone draw. United were lucky Kane and Ali were a bit off, and ddg was great.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon 14 Jan - 10:12:36

Yea. They could have. But they didnt. All I am saying is it wasnt a smash and grab one chance on goal win like we used to have under Mourinho and Lvg. We created enough chances too to deserve 3 points.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon 14 Jan - 10:25:30

Glory wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:lmao

You have been reading wrong I am sorry to say. :coffee: Never mind the stats Our 13( 8 ) to Spurs’ 21(11). Stats can be misleading definitely. But if you watch the game, Pogba alone had 3 massive chances. (One of which was a brilliant Lloris save from close range). Martial had a shot in the 1st half straight to Lloris’s feet from close range (almost identical to the chances Spurs had and spurned in the 2nd half).

To people saying we only created one chance to win the game and were lucky, I am sorry I just can’t agree. One thing I do agree is that Tottenham deserved at least a draw from that match. But then again, remember they were overwhelming favourites before the game. Spurs fans in their forum were confident that they would give us a whopping.

This. We really did have some great chances too. Game could've gone for a Spurs win or a draw, but that's obvious considering that it was a balanced match. We won and it is a fair victory. De Gea was in good form. I don't think we were lucky. We just happened to have an in form GK on the pitch. Spurs didn't have a shot on target in the first half, we had 3.

Of course we didn't score from the only chance we had. Whoever claims that is either very biased and can't have an objective view on the game or is retarded.

Overall, I liked the game. Great intensity. Spurs played very nice football in the 2nd half and Man United is obviously a very different team off and on the pitch since Ole came to the club. Did he "school" Poch? Nope. And it's not only about them. We're talking here about a collective sport.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon 14 Jan - 13:05:24

i see the manure fans are back after a few wins. frenzy was the only one who posted when the team were doing bad. :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon 14 Jan - 14:20:21

Riiight. Our lowest point this season, against you when Mou embarrassed us with his approach and when Pool cruised to their easiest win this campaign, I wasnt here to do a post congratulating Liverpool and dreading the future we have under Mourinho. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I can’t talk for my man Vlad, but I personally had taken a break for much of last season and beginning of this season, and even now I may not be posting actively as there are obviously other priorities in life. But then again, I do admit I can never be as brave and nonchalant as Firenze.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon 14 Jan - 14:22:38

Glory wrote:Riiight. Our lowest point this season, against you when Mou embarrassed us with his approach and when Pool cruised to their easiest win this campaign, I wasnt here to do a post congratulating Liverpool and dreading the future we have under Mourinho. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I can’t talk for my man Vlad, but I personally had taken a break for much of last season and beginning of this season, and even now I may not be posting actively as there are obviously other priorities in life. But then again, I do admit I can never be as brave and nonchalant as Firenze.

Glory wrote:Riiight. Our lowest point this season, against you when Mou embarrassed us with his approach and when Pool cruised to their easiest win this campaign, I wasnt here to do a post congratulating Liverpool and dreading the future we have under Mourinho. Rolling Eyes

have to hand it to frenzy the guy can take his licks eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon 14 Jan - 14:50:24

I just love love LOVE that Solskjaer is doing well, hopefully they keep him on a long term contract. Its just like when Seedorf came in and got the 2nd most points out of any club in his tenure.

Looking forward to next season cheers
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon 14 Jan - 16:45:22

Unique wrote:i see the manure fans are back after a few wins. frenzy was the only one who posted when the team were doing bad. :coffee:

Lol, relax! Nobody's back. In the last 3 or 4 years I was mostly inactive, sometimes just lurking around, but I come back from time to time. It happened quite often when the team was not doing well and I was strongly criticizing what was happening at the club. It's just that Firenze is the only one who's constantly active. It's easy to verify this by reading my posts and by looking at the dates, or simply by remembering. I thought you were better than this, @unique. I hope it was more of a joke. I'll probably be away for another couple of months anyway. Not sure why I bothered to reply. Laughing
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 14 Jan - 17:11:03

Yeah, agree with Vlad and Glory. In no way was it a smash and grab. Had plenty of chances. Second half was mostly all Spurs, sure and I do think they should have converted at least one of those chances, but they didn't.

Solid win, onward and upwards, etc. I fancy us against anyone except Pool and City in the league this season if we play with confidence like we have been. Very optimistic about Top 4.

Not too worried about PSG either. :coffee: Plenty of teams in the CL will spank us, but I'm not convinced PSG is one of them.

Also, loving how Lukaku has been benched. Long may it continue. Hope we can trick someone into buying him this summer.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon 14 Jan - 18:02:51

I don’t want to come off as the biased, Norwegian guy, but there seems to be a common narrative going around, that all Ole has accomplished is based on motivation and the «feelgood» atmosphere that he brought.

The first few matches were supposedly won because of easy opposition, and the first real test was supposed to be the Tottenham match - a match that they won, but it was all because Tottenham fired blanks and\or De Gea was in god mode. Is that really what’s happened, though? The way I see it, Ole took a substantial gamble with his pressing in the first half, and it worked. Both teams had chances to increase the scores, but they didn’t.

Man Utd lost against the likes of Crystal Palace, not too long ago. This version of Man United looks completely different, and I fail to see how that’s all due to a momentary flash of positive, team spirit. I don’t think their positive results under Ole have all been because of De Gea or the opposition teams conveniently bending over.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon 14 Jan - 18:36:03

Would you be saying this though had Spurs buried a couple of their chances and won the game?

The more pertinent thing for me is that Solksjaer has only been in charge for six games, and six games is a tiny sample size to judge anything. United winning six in a row shouldn't be a big achievement. Even Arsenal were doing that at the start of the season.

The thing is, a run like that can actually be achieved with the so-called new manager bounce. Because United are a talented team and any amount of application should be enough for them to see off weak opposition.

It's not until the honeymoon period wears off that you start to see if the coach is the real deal or not. A narrative that can change completely based on random factors in a match is worthless.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon 14 Jan - 18:59:38

I think I would still applaud his tactical decision, going into the match. It was risky and could have backfired heavily. I do agree that it’s too early to say much based on the few matches they’ve played, but the common consensus seems to be that, win or lose, whatever happens is simply that new manager bounce you refer to. It happened under both Lopetegui and Solari, as well, but in a much more modest fashion, it affected fewer games, and RM lost their wind before they’ve even faced a top team. I wonder how long this «honeymoon» will last for. I would change the coach once a month, if it was so convenient that it can be taken for granted to win 6 matches in a row, and against one of the top teams in the league, no less. As i stands, «random factors» in a match seem to only work against Ole, regardless of the outcome.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue 15 Jan - 11:42:31

Purely from a tactical standpoint, the only thing (a big thing definitely) that worried me was his inability/refusal to do something when Spurs were having wave after wave of attack in the second half. He was somehow content and seemed like he believed DDG would continue having a blinder? I don’t know. Yes he did bring on Luku for Martial. That was indeed an attempt I reckon. Must have thought LoLkaku can keep hold on to the ball a little bit and we can damp down the intensity. But hehe little did he know.

Anyway, going by the way he set up in the 1st half, I do believe he has some tactical acumen. Read he made them practice over and over and over that same move which lead to Rash’s goal. So, yea I like to live in hope. Would be absolutely glorious. Stuff of dreams really. But then again, chances of him succeeding, like really succeeding is slim, have to say. We may do really well this season. And the club will appoint him full time. But after that one way or the other, it will all fall apart. I mean we are not 'that' lucky… after all these years suddenly now for everything to become ‘perfect’ just like that.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 15 Jan - 13:19:15

Petr Cech is retiring at the end of the season.

Definitely a PL legend.

It's quite weird seeing these players I've been following since childhood retire.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue 15 Jan - 13:28:35

Jay29 wrote:Petr Cech is retiring at the end of the season.

Definitely a PL legend.

It's quite weird seeing these players I've been following since childhood retire.
was the best keeper in the world at the time of his head injury but was never the same after that.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 15 Jan - 13:36:53

Unique wrote:

Definitely a PL legend.

was the best keeper in the world at the time of his head injury but was never the same after that.

His head injury happened in 2006, he was amazing long after that.

Absolute legend, hopefully he continues with us rather than Chelsea if he is still in the football business.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue 15 Jan - 14:00:03

urbaNRoots wrote:
Unique wrote:

Definitely a PL legend.

His head injury happened in 2006, he was amazing long after that.

Absolute legend, hopefully he continues with us rather than Chelsea if he is still in the football business.
his shot stopping was good after the injury but he pulled out of challanges and didnt want to come and get crosses like he used to do. he was scared of getting hurt again
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 15 Jan - 14:39:45

Cech was top-3 even after his injury.

Alexander-Arnold apparently ruled out for at least a month. Loaning out Clyne looks a bit foolish now.....
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 15 Jan - 15:21:11

Is Matip expected to replace him or Wijnaldium? This is an FPL headache...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next