Mamad
Doc
halamadrid2
19 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Ajax v Real Madrid - Page 5 Empty Re: Ajax v Real Madrid

Post by futbol_bill Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:13 am

Thimmy wrote:I'm gonna go out on a whim and say that Ramos has never been known for his intelligence, neither on the pitch, nor off it Laughing

That so called son of mine has admassed quite a fortune through astute investments off the the pitch, so Thimmy I don’t accept your “off the pitch statement.

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:50 am

Should have used some of that fortune and bought himself some sense. Still love him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:54 am

futbol_bill wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I'm gonna go out on a whim and say that Ramos has never been known for his intelligence, neither on the pitch, nor off it Laughing

That so called son of mine has admassed quite a fortune through astute investments off the the pitch, so Thimmy I don’t accept your “off the pitch statement.

Well, he thought it was a good idea to brag about how he successfully got himself yellow carded, in order to sit out the next match. That didn't occur on the pitch hmm He's made a decent amount of public statements, ever since he was at Sevilla, that I don't have the patience to dig up, but the Kardashian family would surely be proud of him for. He may not be an idiot, I don't know him personally, I'm not going to claim that he is, but he's certainly not the most diplomatic guy in football Very Happy We all love him. If anything, he's a fun guy.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:09 am

I’ll agree, he is rather baffling.

He makes bone head plays, makes ridiculous statements (some clearly without thinking), yet regularly makes fantastic plays, is a proven captain, both at club and NT and as I alluded to earlier has build quite a business career (on the side) establishing not only a series of blossuming companies, but also accumulated a small fortune, which is all aside from his futbol career / income.

He certainly isn’t my son as Doc keeps stating (my own son is 10 years older), but I am a fan despite his short coming.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:36 am

Lol, I know that ain't your son. Just as how Odegaard isn't Thimmy little brother or Ole is his uncle.

Spoiler:
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:41 am

Donald Trump is a billionaire and the president of the United States... yet he is undoubtedly a walking baboon.

I don't think you can correlate financial success with intelligence anymore.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:06 am

I wonder if he celebrates like this, every time a business of his does well.

Ajax v Real Madrid - Page 5 GettyImages-1128479966
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:22 am

you know, when looking at our overall strategy, in terms of how the club is run, the 4 in 5 UCLs are great, but i think we need to tale a hard look at what we consider tried and tested. 2 league titles in like 10 years. 4 in 15 years; 2-6, 0-4, 5 nil, 3 nil , 1-5 type results against the rivals. and one can't say its knee jerk or an overreaction, these are results over a ten year span, not to mention the dinho debacle at home

should flo really be doing technical director type stuff, (this is not a slag on flo as president. i still reckon he's the man for that, don't want retards like calderon or mr sanz) or should the coach and an actual sporting director? you own a bakery doesn't make you a good baker.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:35 am

titosantill wrote:you know, when looking at our overall strategy, in terms of how the club is run, the 4 in 5 UCLs are great, but i think we need to tale a hard look at what we consider tried and tested. 2 league titles in like 10 years. 4 in 15 years; 2-6, 0-4, 5 nil, 3 nil , 1-5 type results against the rivals. and one can't say its knee jerk or an overreaction, these are results over a ten year span, not to mention the dinho debacle at home

should flo really be doing technical director type stuff, (this is not a slag on flo as president. i still reckon he's the man for that, don't want retards like calderon or mr sanz) or should the coach and an actual sporting director? you own a bakery doesn't make you a good baker.

I don't think there's anyone that thinks Flo is a fantastic technical director type, if anything, that's been one of his biggest criticisms. That said, as much as he probably still exerts a level of influence, he does seem to have taken a step back, particularly if you compare it to his previous tenure. Sure you have the likes of Carlo, Pellegrini, etc coming out and complaining about decisions being taken out of their hands, it seems to only be on things he feels particularly strong about. The thing about Bale's fuss being the beginning of the end for Carlo is more likely around not making him feel special/like a superstar than specifically because he subbed him off.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:55 am

It may not be a popular opinion but you can't magically make your team to be better than the other team.

I think winning Liga has been harder for us because of the quality of Barcelona. their level of consistency in the league is unbelievable.

so Perez could do the right things, but even doing that it may not be enough.

what people are forgetting is, this season aside, the last 3-4 seasons we have been the most stacked team in europe. so why we didn't win league all the time?

we have had some goat managers yet we failed in the league. i think it has to do with Barca's quality more than our lack of it.

There is no player in the world as consistent as Messi, Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi, Dani Alves or some other players that have played for them in last 10 years.

Even Ronaldo had 10-15 game periods that he played like shit. and that was our superstar.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:41 pm

@mamad this isnt a short thing. 04 till now is 15 years, in 15 years we have had 4 ligas.  As great as the ucl is, it has masked the reality of the situation. We cant just sit back and say these guys are just better, we'll get our ashes kicked that way. Hell the bernebeu is practically home away from home for them.

Guess what's about to happen, we'll get people calling for our stadium to host the cup final, and we'll do the "we are constructing the washroom" routine all over again. It's time we take a hard look at the project. And not solely by signing players or coaches in the summer. But actually a long term sporting project.

Was reading a newspaper yesterday, no matter how little one cares for the copa del rey, our rivals featuring in 5 or 6 straight and all the ligas, isnt cool. A club like Madrid shouldnt just take that, especially not from barcelona.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:53 pm

Mamad wrote:It may not be a popular opinion but you can't magically make your team to be better than the other team.

I think winning Liga has been harder for us because of the quality of Barcelona. their level of consistency in the league is unbelievable.

so Perez could do the right things, but even doing that it may not be enough.

what people are forgetting is, this season aside, the last 3-4 seasons we have been the most stacked team in europe. so why we didn't win league all the time?

we have had some goat managers yet we failed in the league. i think it has to do with Barca's quality more than our lack of it.

There is no player in the world as consistent as Messi, Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi, Dani Alves or some other players that have played for them in last 10 years.

Even Ronaldo had 10-15 game periods that he played like shit. and that was our superstar.

Messi has periods were he's poor, as well. If you've looked at how he plays recently, there are quite a few matches where he simply strolls around the pitch and looks largely disinterested. Someone else almost always does the job when he doesn't, even when the whole team plays poorly. We had the same luxury when we had more relevant depth, and we ended up winning the double.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:02 pm

Modric trolling our strikers hard:
Modric wrote:Cristiano scored 50 goals, and you can't find someone else who can do that.

Some had to take a step forward, and though not score 50, but at least score 15-20, or even ten goals. This is what we are missing
lol that's him basically saying: "Jesus freaking Christ! We are not asking you to score 50 goals, but just 15 or 20! Can you do that please? We're getting pummeled over here, Holy sh*t!" Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:43 pm

Personally think that's more a jab at Bale than Benzema. It's clear everyone at the club respects Big Ben (makes sense). Bale aka Mr. Golfer (Conetois ftw), you know, the man who basically threaten the club after our 3rd CL win in that he needs to start games, can't seem to do anything right. Bet his golfing sucks too.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:26 am

Hope our savior ( Isco ) plays.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:27 pm

we should beat ajax no problem tbh, a win away from home and two away goals, and they're not exactly the crem de la creme of football, this isn't 1992. we should be able to qualify with no hiccups, i hope i don't see no "madrid is back" headlines after this, the major challenges occurred last week
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:51 pm

We should be able to, sure. I won’t take it for granted that we will, though. They were the better team in the first leg, and we had Ramos then. In fact, he was undoubtedly one of our top performers in that match. I can easily see us lose this one, if our players don’t take it seriously.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:07 pm

In a way, i wouldn't mind us collapsing against Ajax. The shit show that would follow may force our beloved club into making some bold moves.

It's not like we have a chance of winning CL anyhow.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:52 pm

If Bale and Isco return to form, Llorente stays healthy and Vini improves his finishing somehow, we have a shot. but those are big ifs.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:27 pm

@sportsczy, i think flo gets the message loud and clear, we don't need to shit our pants or wet the bed over ajax for that point to be made. i want and expect a clean qualification
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:52 pm

Is this another game where Madrid beats a minnow and Marca claims they are back on track again?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:56 pm

Yes lol.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:59 pm

Isco is not even on the bench. fuck you Solari.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:14 pm

titosantill wrote:@sportsczy, i think flo gets the message loud and clear, we don't need to shit our pants or wet the bed over ajax for that point to be made. i want and expect a clean qualification

I thought so last year lol. I'd ALMOST rather be sure.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:25 pm

Same line up as the latest clasico game but Lucas in for Bale and Nacho for Ramos

We'll struggle again because this midfield is past it's use by date......sigh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:35 pm

This team is pathetic. Save the women and children first alas the ship isnt steady at all
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next