Guiltybystander
hrealmadrid
guest7
34 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Real Madrid vs. Ajax Empty Real Madrid vs. Ajax

Post by guest7 Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Real Madrid vs. Ajax Real_madrid_logo1 VS Real Madrid vs. Ajax 306px-ajax_amsterdam_svg

In the goal keeping section, Ajax suffered the loss of one of their best players last year, as they sold the holland number one, Maarten Stekelenburg to Roma. In his place, Kenneth Vermeen takes the spot between the woodwork. No where near first class with this being his first season in top flight action, Vermeen has done fairly well for Ajax this season. He comes as a change for Ajax, as he is short in stature and relies more on leaping for the ball and quick reflexes as opposed to the 6 foot 6 Stekelenburg.

In front of Vermeen in defense will be the popular right back, Van der Wiel. Being very popular for his forward runs and his crosses into the box, Van Der Wiel is one of Ajax’s most important players. He will try to overlap as much as possible from our left side and our defense has to keep an eye on him. On his opposite flank, left back Anita seemed to be out of the previous game and is doubtful for the game. He is a very short and fast left back that likes to bomb forward as much as possible. Also a product of their youth system, Anita would probably not be the managers first choice for this game considering he is not the most sound defensively. Instead, newly acquired left back Boilesen will take part in the game. Boilesen is a big left back that is also fully capable of playing in the center back spot. Naturally, that makes the player not as good going forward, and more sound at defending. Playing Boilesen will allow Van Der Wiel to bomb forward more often and take advantage of double teaming our left back considering Ronaldo won’t be tracking back as often as Di Maria on the other side.

At center back, the Belgium partnership will be struck up with Vertonghen and Alderweireld paring up together. Interestingly enough, despite Vertonghen, who is captain of the squad, being 2 years older than Alderweireld, they both played and grew up together in the Ajax youth system. And while that chemistry is good, the partnership has not played to its best potential this year, with the squad conceding 10 goals in 7 games in the league and unable to keep one clean sheet in the league (they kept a clean sheet against Lyon).

In midfield, veteran and new signing Theo Janssen will be carrying the holding midfield duties for Ajax. He won the dutch footballer of the year award last year while playing with Twente and has been putting in some great performances for Ajax this season. He likes to sneak up into the box, and we all know how much our players hate that. Alongside him in the midfield trio, there is wonder kid Christian Eriksen. At only 19 years old, Eriksen has been turning heads left and right with his performances. He plays in an attacking midfield position in front of the two midfielders and will be a handful for our defenders and midfield. He isn’t the best physically, so he can be muscled off of the ball. But let him out of your sight for a little and he will punish you. The final piece of the midfield trio is Siem De Jong. A physical player in the midfield three, he is also a youth product of Ajax. Will be the muscle in the midfield and Alonso and whoever partners him will have their hands full. Our team seems to suffer against the 433 formation which Ajax deploys these days.

Finally, 22 winger Sulejmani plays on the right side of the forward 3 and he will be looking to link up as much as possible with Van der Wiel. Despite being out of favor for most of last year, newly appointed coach Frank de Boer gave him the vote of confidence last year and featured him regularly. Sulejmani has repaid De Boer for this trust by starting this season out with a flyer, scoring five times. Meanwhile, opposite Sulejmani will be Sigthorsson. Sigthorsson is not your usual winger, but it seems that Frank de Boer likes him and thats why he slotted him into the side right away after getting him from AZ. He also has 5 goals to his name this season, and it tells a lot about the way that Ajax plays. The two wingers play off of the big central forward, Boirrigter. Will be interesting to see how our defense deals with balls being pumped in from the right to an incoming Sigthorsson and how effectively they can clear their lines. As mentioned before, the biggest threat will be the 19 year old Eriksen and the veteran, Janssen, who likes to come into the area late.

Thats all i got for you lads on Ajax today. One last fun fact is that the manager of Ajax is Frank de Boer, who is a former Barcelona player. His assistant manager is someone you will all recognize, Denis Bergkamp. The latter is very likable character and a brilliant footballer. Also, credit to Ajax for having a really set out philosophy and one hell of a youth setup. This team keeps on producing and producing.
From Real Madrid Football Blog (realmadridfootballblog.com)

guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs. Ajax Empty Re: Real Madrid vs. Ajax

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:24 pm

Keep in mind that, with Marcelo out, our left side attack is weakened. So is our transition in the midfield. Coentrao is out too. So you have to play Ramos at RB and Arbeloa at LB.

Defense will be: Ramos-Varane-Carvalho-Arbeloa
Midfield will be: Khedira-Alonso
AM will be: Ozil
Forwards will be: Kaka-Benzema-CR7

There's no creativity or offense coming from the back 4. It's important that we put our best playmaking and passing players so we can handle the pressing defense Ajax will 100% put on us.

If Di Maria starts again, i might lose it.

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm not worried about LB, Arbeloa is solid
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:27 pm

Ajax plays similair to Barca, possession wise very difficult. Plus I hate Arbeloa at LB, he makes us too predictable. Still expect us to come out with a win
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:44 pm

Ill try and write a longer analysis of Ajax later, per Adit's request, but quickly, since I have an essay due:

Ajax keeper is not much worse than Stekelenburg to be honest, there are times when the coaches preferred Vermeer over the Steek. Don't underestimate, not as good in 1-1 as Stekelenburg is (CR GO FOR IT), otherwise very very agile guy.

Ajax basically has a very young great generation, although they haven't fully gelled yet. Lots of potential, which comes out at times, or fails miserably on an off day. However, I can guarantee, as is so often the case, that many of the new generation of great players will come from this Ajax team. Theo Jansen is the routined player that ties it all together. Many say Ajax declined after Suarez left, but I don't agree: even though I will be the last person to say that Suarez is not a god, the team relied too much on him. All in his service. Frank de Boer has managed to turn Ajax around and as a team without a star they function a lot better (last year's ajax: if you shut down Suarez, game over.)

Players to watch:

Van Der Wiel: Not a huge fan, slightly overrated abroad, but solid RB, will probably be one of the betters ones in the following years.

Alderweireld: Young belgian international, lots lots of potential, one of my favourites. Great shot.

Vertonghen: Seriously world class, but you guys know about him. Will be one of the greats of this generation.

Sulejmani: striker, very inconsistent, but when on form, many thought he was better than Suarez.

Eriksen: Young danish midfielder, also established on the forums, great great talent too. Will hopefully stay at Ajax a bit longer (he wants to too), can see him go to a team like Arsenal or Barcelona (although they don't really have a need for him, and he doesnt want a bench role).

Sighthorsson: New signing this season, from Iceland, has been amazing so far. WATCH. Will score.

Ebecilio: Winger, getting increasingly good. Dangerous player.

Boilesen: unfortunately injured, great new defender, possibly most talented one of the defenders. Danish too.

Theo Janssen: Ultimate boss.

Lodeiro: Young midfielder from Uruguay, bought by ajax by recommendation of Suarez. Hasn't played many matches yet, due to injury mostly, but selected for this match.

Bulykin: Older Russian striker. Surprisingly good so far.

Boerrigter: Striker, new guy too, from the youth, the biggest talent of all imo. SICK SICK SICK.

Altogether, as you have read here, Ajax has insane potential, also the youngest team in the CL, but not yet this year I suspect... Can prove a tough test. Ill hope they can progress over Lyon. If they can keep the team together before they are robbed empty once again, I can honestly see them winning big in a couple of years (and I haven't thought this since 1998).

there are some other good players that I haven't mentioned, but these were the standouts (Ozbiliz is one, but he hasn't gotten many chances yet).

AND MOSTLY YOUTH, GUYS!

They play Barca-like, but a lot more offensive.

Last edited by Guiltybystander on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:01 pm

I think you are over rating the players just a bit. Very Happy
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm not, I am saying they are all super young, but in potential they are great.
Like, except for Vertonghen and Eriksen, none of them is currently a match for Real Madrid, but they are all also mostly like 19/20, so wait for it.

I can say for example that players that some here rate like Siem de Jong etc. are pretty crap.

Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Well I don't watch Ajax so I will take your word for it.

I also thought Siem De Jong was a decent player.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:21 pm

van der wiel needs to be explored,hes meh from what ive seen,shame there will be no CR-Marcelo combo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:24 pm

I say take the risk, rest Alonso. Better we draw in the CL groups than La Liga. We're at home too, its an advantage.

----------------Iker
-Ramos-Varane-Carvalho-Arbeloa
---------Granero-Khedira
-------Callejon-Ozil-Cristiano
---------------Benzema

Mou has used CR, Benz, and Pipita on the field at once before, but never started with it. So I wont expect that. Callejon deserves a chance, I would save Kaka for a good 90 min in La Liga. Looks just enough to get the win.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Ganso: Someone who agrees! I don't really rate him all that much at all... Most ajax fans don't actually, I don't see why "Vanderweil" is so popular here? Because Bayern had interest?
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:30 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:Ganso: Someone who agrees! I don't really rate him all that much at all... Most ajax fans don't actually, I don't see why "Vanderweil" is so popular here? Because Bayern had interest?
yeah,ive been saying hes overrated ever since the old forums,hes pretty much a normal/average player in every way.I guess its because hes a young starter for the national team and ajax
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:33 pm

He is rated because he is young and Chelsea was linked with him.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Ganso wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:Ganso: Someone who agrees! I don't really rate him all that much at all... Most ajax fans don't actually, I don't see why "Vanderweil" is so popular here? Because Bayern had interest?

yeah,ive been saying hes overrated ever since the old forums,hes pretty much a normal/average player in every way.I guess its because hes a young starter for the national team and ajax

Probably the case - Actually utilizing Di Magia there would be quite effective, since he is also not the fastest.

Btw, I wouldn't rest players. Maybe one or so, but B-team is not really smart against this Ajax, as they are pretty hyped up, judging by what I have been reading in the media in the Netherlands. They will go for the win, even though they are not going too. Also, pretty solid midfield and they play for possession, a much lesser version of Barca, can be dangerous for Madrid, as we have seen before.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:17 am

i remmember last year at the bernabu, we made their lives a living hell.

they only had 1 or 2 shots the whole game, and we wasted a billion chance to end the game with just 2-0
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:30 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:I also thought Siem De Jong was a decent player.
You're probably thinking of his brother, who is pretty good.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:37 am

Definitely a big fan of Eriksen.

As for the game itself, it won't be easy but I think we can pull out the win.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:36 am

All of u guys want kaka in the right side, he is completely useles there, ozil has more experience and ability there. Kaka can the the traditional AMC while ozil be the SS or RW.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:45 am

Thank you for your response guilty Very Happy

Btw one thing is sure,ajax is gonna rape our Left flank.With wanderwiel overlapping and ronaldo not track backing BOOM

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:57 am

I'm really worried about our build up play and attack. We always struggle in attack without Marcelo and our 30m back-up for that is out as well.

No offense to Arbeloa or Nacho but they can't do the job that Marcelo does

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:28 am

I would prefer if we play similar to last game with Khedira and Alonso in the middle, Kaka and Ozil as the 10's alternating between the AM & ACM roles. Ronaldo and Benzema could interchange from left, right and center positions dealing with Marcelo not being there. This ensures we have enough force to score goals on a good day Very Happy

Problem is using both Kaka and Ozil. I say sub Kaka out at half time if we're up with Di Maria and later on Granero for Ozil/Xabi. Also sub in lass somewhere to close shop. This will ensure both a win and rest players for our next game Smile
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:51 am

Yeah... without Marcelo, i really do hope Mou overloads the mid and forwards with creative talent. We need Ozil, Khedira, Benz and Kaka all in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:54 am

Marcelo getting raped by that lass of rayo was embracing to watch.Cant blame him though,most of the time ronaldo didnt track back and ended up 2 vs 1 situation on flanks.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:58 am

Adit... i just hope that Di Maria doesn't start. That man's passing and tactical awareness is embarrassing. But knowing Mou, he'll be in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:07 am

Di maria was never been a decent passer of the ball.He make up it for his supreme dribbling but this year defenders realized the technique to stop him.At this point he will either evolve as a player or he will flop and run away.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next