Doc
Valkyrja
VanDeezNuts
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

l'Equipe:  Varane is considering leaving - Page 3 Empty Re: l'Equipe: Varane is considering leaving

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:06 am

halamadrid2 wrote:With the way we play we need our CBs to be fast too. If we don't get players that actually fit us this is going to be another Courtois situations. That's not to say that Skriniar isn't a good CB but he won't fit us imo. Neither the overhyped DeLight. Hernandez said that it wasn't right at the time to move especially since we were getting Theo in thr same summer. Lucas wasn't even a regular when we tried to get him.
thing is Skriniar is not only a fast player, he also reads the game and tackles extremely well.

THe n1 attribute of he player we sign can't just be speed.

Now if you are arguing that we should sign him as LB that's another argument i am more inclined to listen to

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

l'Equipe:  Varane is considering leaving - Page 3 Empty Re: l'Equipe: Varane is considering leaving

Post by Thimmy Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:56 am

I definitely like Skriniar, but I would really prefer for Varane to stay. If we're going to have to replace someone over the next few years, it will likely be Ramos.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:58 am

He's good.  Not Varane level... who i feel many of you shamefully underestimate here...  but he's good.  Crazy thing is that Varane is only 1 year older yet is much, much, much better.

We will regret it big time if we let Rafa go.  The prime years for CBs happen between ages 27 and 32 imo so we haven't even seen him at his best.  He's not the type of player you let go.

He's still very young and deserves the money. You give him the big 5 year deal and he's 30 by the end of it... still in his prime years.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:16 am

Skriniar is up there in quality with the likes of Koulibaly and Chiellini in serie A, that's definitely the same level of quality as Varane. Like i said, Varane is great, i would prefer that he stays too, but he did not set himself apart as a CB compared to his peers to the point where him leaving is dramatic.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:11 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Skriniar is up there in quality with the likes of Koulibaly and Chiellini in serie A, that's definitely the same level of quality as Varane. Like i said, Varane is great, i would prefer that he stays too, but he did not set himself apart as a CB compared to his peers to the point where him leaving is dramatic.

l'Equipe:  Varane is considering leaving - Page 3 Topshot-fbl-wc-2018-match64-fra-cro-5c05236f83712a856d000004
l'Equipe:  Varane is considering leaving - Page 3 Varane-worldcup
l'Equipe:  Varane is considering leaving - Page 3 Vup7mfqmjliyswzrlk99
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:36 pm

Well, in any case, Varane straight up denied he had intentions of leaving.

Varane wrote:“I’m a very calm person and when that happens the big problem is that people like to write and talk about me and I hear and read so many things. I’m in Real Madrid, the world’s biggest club,” said Varane.

“To say that I am not happy there isn’t true. My career, my season... we had a difficult season where we had to fight and I gave it my all and I am proud of that. I cannot control every rumor, it’s just a lie,” he added.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:44 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Skriniar is up there in quality with the likes of Koulibaly and Chiellini in serie A, that's definitely the same level of quality as Varane. Like i said, Varane is great, i would prefer that he stays too, but he did not set himself apart as a CB compared to his peers to the point where him leaving is dramatic.

Those guys are yet to play CL football, how could they be at the same level with Varane ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:53 pm

Literally all of them played CL football this season (and more), and one of them is still in the CL Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:54 pm

Skriniar played with Inter in the group stages this season Valk. Koulibaly as well with Napoli. And Varane is better than either of them.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:24 pm

Jose Luis Sanchez: Varane has told he club he would like to leave this summer

Since we met with Ramadani, Koulibaly is an option to replace him.

Koulibaly I an amazing defender, but Napoli will ask the same amount that we sell Varane for lol.

I think Skriniar is right up there, less experienced maybe, less tested but not far from Koulibaly's level and younger. Also Koulibaly plays the same LCB position as Ramos
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:11 pm

Any chance we can steal de legit away from Barca?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:37 pm

Nick, is this your attempt at an April's fools joke?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:15 pm

Se Queda.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:32 pm

Madrid supposedly point to his 500m pricetag (release clause) for Varane. Come get him PSG.

In reality we should just pay him, would be much less of a headache than signing someone new.

Last edited by vanDEEZ on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Yeah, he is apparently underpaid (on a 100k wage compared to the rest of the important core) so we should just pay him what he deserves and has seriously earned.

Also, still do not think Koulibaly or Skriniar is better than him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:32 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Madrid supposedly point to his 500m pricetag (release clause) for Varane. Come get him PSG.

In reality we should just pay him, would be much less of a headache than signing someone new.

Absolute no brainer to give him a decent raise.

How much does he get now, 10m gross? give him a 5 year contract with 18m, or even 20m, gross and thereby you'll have 40m-50m extra costs. No way you get a defender anywhere near as good for that price, and then you'd still have to pay that one's wages
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:49 pm

Calma, this is no different than the Ramos situation a couple of years ago. This just Varane demanding a (well deserved) increase in salary. Salary increases are not dealt with this time of year. All will be resolved this summer!

Besides defense is the one area that is set for next year. Only question is whether Marcelo stays or goes
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 22, 2019 12:01 am

Varane saying that he is staying in Madrid for next season..

Call me suspicious but why not say that you are staying period? Sounds to me like he is leaving next summer. I feel like Zidane convinced him to stay one more year and then he will bounce, specially as it's gonna be the euros.

If I find the odds of varane leaving Madrid next summer I'll put money on it
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed May 22, 2019 2:28 pm

I wouldn't say that necessarily. I feel like that is most player's response when they ask about it. Not that they are certain to leave the next summer, but because football is uncertain and they don't want to guarantee anything they can't explicitly promise. For now, he knows he will be here this coming season, as for next season who knows? Could stay, could leave, so much time and football to be played between now and then.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 22, 2019 2:42 pm

There is a rather huge contract dispute going on between Madrid and Varane. The "convincing" was Madrid giving the opportunity for him to leave if agreement can't be found IF he stays one more year.

They can't pay him what EPL clubs are offering. Well, they can. But they'd need to move Ramos. Maybe Ramos gets sold next summer instead and allows Madrid to pay Varane.

He is GROSSLY underpaid.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed May 22, 2019 5:06 pm

Varane is earning 140k. He should be up there with Kroos and Ramos at 200k. No clue why Modric is only earning 180k. Either way, we can't compete with English teams in terms of wages, and we shouldn't. Having a wage structure, as has been discussed before, is absolutely necessary. Alexis Sanchez earns even more than Bale ffs.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 22, 2019 5:12 pm

Varane is asking for 250k fyi according to media in France and won't take a penny less.  Some EPL teams (man u imo) are allegedly offering him 300k.

According to media in France, this contract is ALL about the money for Varane. He's won everything. He feels this one's his biggest contract in his career.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed May 22, 2019 5:16 pm

I understand it from his point of view. It's going to suck for us, though. As much as some people seem to take him for granted, there really aren't many relatively young, quality, center backs out there.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 22, 2019 5:44 pm

Oh Boy, I hope this isn’t true. Flo doesn’t like paying big money to any defensive player and apparently only gave into Ramos’ blackmail because there wasn’t Any viable alternative.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 22, 2019 6:14 pm

Thimmy wrote:Varane is earning 140k. He should be up there with Kroos and Ramos at 200k. No clue why Modric is only earning 180k. Either way, we can't compete with English teams in terms of wages, and we shouldn't. Having a wage structure, as has been discussed before, is absolutely necessary. Alexis Sanchez earns even more than Bale ffs.

Absolutely agreed, a wage structure is seriously important to any organisation.

At the same time, Varane really is "underpaid" at Madrid and should not be making less than the likes of Kroos or Modric. Basically, we'll see how this goes. I know at least ONE of us would be glad to see him go.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 22, 2019 6:37 pm

His current contract runs until 2022. So next summer is when Madrid either need to give him what he wants or sell. The 2 year mark is when you can get max transfer value. You wait until 1 year and the price drops like a rock.

I'm hoping Flo sees the light. Top young CBs don't grow on trees.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3