Doc
sportsczy
VanDeezNuts
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

You have 300m. Fix this team Empty You have 300m. Fix this team

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:42 pm

So this has been discussed in a few different forms so I figured we could just have one thread with a clear idea:

You are Zidane and you have 300m + what ever money you can gather from player sales. What would you do to fix this team? I would suggest for discussion's sake to attempt to keep it somewhat realistic with how much we could buy and sell players for. I will give my example below:

First Team
Icardi - Jovic
Hazard
Ndombele - Casemiro - Eriksen
Marcelo - Ramos - Varane - Carvajal
Courtois

Second Team
Vinicius - Benzema - Asensio
Ceballos - Llorente - Rabiot
Regui - Nacho - Militao - Odri
Navas

In:
Icardi - 100m
Jovic - 60m
Hazard - 100m
Eriksen - 100m
Rabiot - 0m
Ndombele - 80m
Militao - 50m
In Total: 490m

Out:
Bale - 40m
James - 40m
Kovacic - 35m
Modric - 25m
Kroos - 50m
Isco - 50m
Rodrygo - loan
Vallejo - loan or stay I couldn't care less
Diaz - loan
Vazquez - 20m
Out Total: 260m

Net Spend: 230m

So I listed 22 players + Mariano, Fede, and Luca Zidane to fill out the 25 spots. Lets say we have to pay more for the "in" purchases and had to sell the "out" players for less, we are still comfortably within the 300m range for net. Even threw in Militao, which I am unsure if he factors into the 300m or not- better safe than sorry.

Interested to see what you guys come up with.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

You have 300m. Fix this team Empty Re: You have 300m. Fix this team

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:25 pm

300M, in terms of top class players, buys you a striker (not two) and a midfielder (not names Pogba, Verratti or same ilk because it would be too expensive)... and then you have 50 mil for backups lol.

Hazard - 150 mil
Eriksen or someone similar - 100 mil
Backup CB and backup CM - 50 mil

but my guess is that we sell Bale and one of Isco/Asensio and likely others.

So assuming we get another 150 mil to go on top of 300... that's 450. Then you get:

Hazard - 150 mil
Pogba - 150 mil
Eriksen - 100 mil
Backups - 50 mil
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:39 pm

I'm using the ever unreliable transfermarkt as my go to price checker because I need a figure to gauge my Football Manager esque shopping list. Not including Militao as he has actually been bought.

All in £
Out:
Bale; 40m
James; 40m
Modric; player exchange for Icardi
Ceballos; 20m
Kovacic; 35m
Marcelo; sold***
Isco; sold***
Theo: either loaned out or given away for free lol
Vallejo, Rodrygo, Odegaard: loaned out/Castilla (Rodrygo)
De Tomas aka new Negredo: sold
Mayoral: sold

In:
Icardi; 50m + Modric
Jovic; 60m
Eriksen: 100m (we all know he isn't gonna be less than 80)
Hazard: 80m (final year would lower the price but not by much)
Ndombele: 55-60m
Mendy*: 45m

Budget: 300m
Sold: 135m
Purchased: 395m

Realistically, those are the players I see being sold and the players I think the club would wanna pursue with various degrees of effort. Safe to say, all those guys would be greatly needed particularly the striker role. We really need a genuine goal scoring threat.

20m for Ceballos is realistic as I can see a side putting in a figure like that for him (I don't see a future for him at the club tbh). 35 for Kova due to what I think is a buy back clause in place with Chelsea, have doubts they'll exercise the option though.

* - for Mendy's case, I don't think he is even known to the Madrid board but as far as LB is concerned, he would be a more reliable option than Regi since Marcelo days as a top LB are pretty much over and done with imo.

*** - Marcelo and Isco are kind of hard for me to put a figure on as not only I do not think any club would pay 31m and 61m respectively for either, just don't see them leaving either. But I do think both should move on from Madrid so...sold for unknown prices!!!

Final team lists:

GK: Navas, Conetois, whomever
Defenders: Nacho, Varane, Ramos, Carvajal, Odri, Regi, Mendy, Militao
Midfielders: Eriksen, Casemiro, Kroos, Valverde, Llorente, Ndombele
Forwards/Wingers: Lucas fucking Vasquez, Hazard, Vini, Benzema, Jovic, Icardi, Asensio
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:58 pm

Out:
Navas
Nacho
Vallejo
Casemiro
Kroos
Bale
Asensio
Vasquez
James & Kova

In:
Hazard
Jovic
Kante
RW - my choice is Ajax's Neres but the market is dire in this area
Militao
Hermoso
Lunin

GK : Courtois, Lunin
Defense: Carvajal, Odriozola, Varane, Ramos, Militao, Hermoso, Marcelo, Reguilon
Midfield: Kante, Valverde, Llorente, Ceballos, Modric, Isco
Attack: Hazard, Benzema, Jovic, Neres, Brahim, Vinicius

Probably not enough experience but my realistic pick taking into account change of main formation
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:17 pm

@sports maybe not 2 top top elite strikers, but Icardi's release clause is 100m and with all the mess of Inter I wouldn't be surprised if they took less. And Jovic's pricetag is around 60m according to a lot of sources, and aparently Barca who were interested backed out due to the amount they have already spent and plan to spend elsewhere so at least there will be less competition. Those are both steals in the current market and works to address our serious goal issue. I would take both, but I think at a minimum we should get one of them or some other striker. Problem is those two are (imo) the only attainable strikers that could be RM level.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:02 pm

PSG are on Jovic now... look it up. That 60 mil just went up to 80 lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:18 pm

And that's fine we still have the money, might as well spend it. I still doubt his fee will be above 60-70m unless he just has a worldly end of the season. Either way, Jovic is a player we can afford.

300m isn't a lot nowadays, but when you consider the amount and quality of players we have to move on and the current market we could make a lot of positive changes. Attack and midfield has to be a priority.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:40 pm

Not try Mane or Salah.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:PSG are on Jovic now... look it up. That 60 mil just went up to 80 lol.

Barca as well.. reportedly. I don't even want to imagine how much he'll end of costing.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:05 pm

I find it crazy that ppl are putting Kroos on their sale list.

The guy is absolute class. Average season, but compared to others their is no way you can lose him.

He needs a proper midfield partner. The guys is just too good to even suggest to cast away.

Fans' point of view is so short term.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:20 pm

Cyborg wrote:

Oh, really? I hadn't noticed Razz My only gripe with Kroos, other than his inexceptional physique and self- admitted lack of workrate, is that when we're not dominating matches, he seems very content with just re-circulating possession. Compared to our other players, I don't think Kroos has outright poor games very often. When he does, it's usually due to his defensive shortcomings, and that's simply not his forte. I just wish his form wasn't so based on how the rest of the team plays, because when we're shit, he looks completely apathetic. In contrast, prime Modric at least tried to make a difference when no one else did.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:38 pm

You see, the same thing that was mentioned about Pogba re: teammates, sort of applies to Kroos. If his midfield partners aren't doing well, he doesn't do well himself. I wouldn't sell Kroos nor do I think he is some shit midfielder but a more mobile midfielder would be needed for Zidane's system.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:41 pm

Also, PSG being interested in Jovic is normal as talented forwards are always in demand. PSG needs to focus on improving their fullback, midfield and goalie situation first though. And no, what they have is only good to rough up Ligue 1 scrubs. Blowing a 2-0 lead to Utd should be evidence enough.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:05 pm

Just to let you guys know. Kante won't be going anywhere this summer, especially if Hazard leaves.

I would also say Hazard will be about 100m minimum.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:10 pm

Kroos isn't being man marked by a DM and then have 2 other players move to his zone as soon as his team gets the ball.  Kroos can't beat anyone 1v1.  When Ronaldo was here and Marcelo was playing well, Kroos had a lot of space on his side.  Teams had to focus on Marcelo and Ronaldo first (for good reason).   This season, he's the top guy on his side and he can't handle it.

With Pogba, he just need a good water carrier behind him (like Kante) and speed/movement in front of him.  WHEN he's being marked with several players, then a forward needs to drop in the midfield to help... like Griezmann does with France.  Problem with Man U is that you have Rashford, Lingard, Lukaku and Martial (Mata is done).  So there's literally nobody to help the midfield. Pogba ends up being isolated.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:13 pm

If we can get a proper goalscorer, I don't think acquiring Hazard needs to be a priority next season. He can come for free in 2020, if he's still needed and willing then. If I had to pick between Hazard and Kante, I'd definitely go for Kante. Players of his mold are a lot more scarce, these days, and I absolutely love his work ethics.

Looks like he's a Man United player, though hmm

You have 300m. Fix this team 2hx6c2f
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:17 pm

Thimmy wrote:If we can get a proper goalscorer, I don't think acquiring Hazard needs to be a priority next season. He can come for free in 2020, if he's still needed and willing then. If I had to pick between Hazard and Kante, I'd definitely go for Kante. Players of his mold are a lot more scarce, these days, and I absolutely love his work ethics.

Looks like he's a Man United player, though hmm

You have 300m. Fix this team 2hx6c2f

rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:00 am

Thimmy wrote:
sportsczy wrote:PSG are on Jovic now... look it up. That 60 mil just went up to 80 lol.

Barca as well.. reportedly. I don't even want to imagine how much he'll end of costing.

Barca have supposedly backed out, and PSG have only VERY recently showed interest. We have already talked to his agent so I would say we are in the drivers seat tbh.

Cyborg wrote:I find it crazy that ppl are putting Kroos on their sale list.

The guy is absolute class. Average season, but compared to others their is no way you can lose him.

He needs a proper midfield partner. The guys is just too good to even suggest to cast away.

Saying Kroos has had an average season is being incredibly generous. The guy has been on a beach all season. It's one thing to lose a little motivation, but the guy doesn't even look like he wants to play anymore. Besides, I feel like we need to move beyond the static playmaker type. We need someone who can progress the ball vertically without the need to play looping balls- we don't really have the runners anymore.

Kick wrote:Just to let you guys know. Kante won't be going anywhere this summer, especially if Hazard leaves.

I would also say Hazard will be about 100m minimum.

Kante can stay as long as we get Ndombele. As for Hazard, this is probably Chelsea's last summer of spending (if they can even appeal the ban) they would be complete idiots to flush 100m-Hazard only wants to come to us and he has waited long enough. Let the boy free!

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:03 am

Ndombele is being very overrated right now... and you guys know i don't say stuff about French players lol. His work ethic and pitch IQ are questionable.

I get nervous given how guys like Kondogbia and Bakayoko turned out.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:42 am

spend 200 million on the stadium, so we have a good excuse not to host a cdr final anytime the rivals make it to the finals without us. spend 70 mill on young prospects benjamin garre and lincoln. 30 million plus isco, mariano and asensio to atleti for a goalie in oblak, promote antonio blanco and miguel perez.

then announce next season that we are sticking with our philosophy since this same side (conveniently ignore the huge difference cristiano makes) had won 3 UCLs in 5 years
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:12 am

How is Ndombele overrated? Every time I have watched him he has looked class. (legitimately asking as I have only watched him on limited occasions)

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:33 am

I remember in the old realmadridistas forum, there was a user named "Toni Kroos" who cussed me out back in 2014 when i told him Kroos had defensive deficiencies because of his physical profile (particularly when compared to the at that time departing Di Maria), and for some reason many people still can't comprehend that.

If it were up to me i'd say thanks to Kroos and Marcelo and kick em out, but it won't happen, which is something i personally find ridiculous. For some time its been clear to me that a Madrid team (unlike a Farca team, which likes midgets) should have players which are physically and technically top, and in the last years the 2014 team with Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao, Bale (ugh), Modric, Alonso, Di Maria, Benzema, and Ronaldo was probably the most complete in this aspect

(although Bale has always been what in Spanish is called a "Tronco," Alonso had some physical deficiencies as well, and Ronaldo was a headache for years in terms of defending and team play.)

Anyways,

ST -
Jovic - 60m
Hazard - 100m
CM? -
CM?-
LB? -
Militao - 50m

We need two "complete CM's" i won't pretend i have enough fucking time to watch some bloke called N'dumbell. .

Out:
Bale - 75m
James - 40m
Kovacic - 35m
Kroos - 65m
Isco - 65m
Rodrygo - loan
Vallejo - loan
Diaz - loan
Vazquez - 20m
Ceballos: 25m
Marcelo: 45m

One of either Llorente or Valverde will prob go, at this point i'm thinking it might be Fede who goes actually.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:53 am

vanDEEZ wrote:How is Ndombele overrated? Every time I have watched him he has looked class. (legitimately asking as I have only watched him on limited occasions)

I don't know how he is since February but from following Lyon for at least half the season, he's has shown real talent as a b2b type of midfielder. The problem though is, similar to Lyon, when he is on, he really looks the part. When he is off, you wonder how did he become a footballer.

I'll be fine with Valverde as the resident b2b sort of footballer but I do hope the club (basically Zidane) takes a gamble on Ndombele.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:24 pm

I see some of you are shipping a lot of the bench players. Let me remind you that the budget is essentially for starters and unlike last time Zidane was here the bench strength is no longer raw rookies.

I can see Brahim, and for sure Vallejo to go out on loan. I can also see Mariano going. Possibly one of Ceballos, Llorente or Fede, but that’s all!

Lucas could go depending on who comes in, but more than likely he stays as a squad player, perhaps the 25th player. Vinicius will definitely stay and there’s little chance that Zidane will give up yet on Asensio. and you have to consider Rodrygo, he has been given assurances that he will be on squad next season. I suspect something similiar to Vinicius this year, playing with Castilla initially.

I do agree with the sale of players out on loans as they really aren’t in club’s plans any longer (James, Kovacic, De Tomas, Odegaard. Edit, I forgot about Theo and Mayoral.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:27 pm

This should be our line up:

Navas
Carvajal-Militao-Ramos-Reguilon
Eriksen-Casemiro/Llorente-Kroos/Ceballos