farfan
Kaladin
The Demon of Carthage
Collblanc
Myesyats
49 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Mathijs de Ligt to Bayern Munich - Page 14 Empty Re: Mathijs de Ligt to Bayern Munich

Post by Doc Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:30 pm

2 major mistakes and an almost own goal. Just need a straight red to top Jonathan Woodgate's performance.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Mathijs de Ligt to Bayern Munich - Page 14 Empty Re: Mathijs de Ligt to Bayern Munich

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:31 pm

yup he has been garbage today, needs to step up
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:34 pm

He has communicated well and moved with Bonucci but where he has failed is solely individual mistakes and positioning and just watching the ball. Its like he is struggling with the level he is at and does not have the confidence I am used to seeing but understandable given he was captain at 18 in Ajax and did not have to compete as much has to now, with other players.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:37 pm

Let it be known, I still think he is an excellent prospect but the home debut is Woodgate-esque at the moment lol.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:43 pm

Chiellini on one leg would’ve done more on those goals

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:50 pm

Firenze wrote:Maguire's far more proven than De Shite

Mathijs de Ligt to Bayern Munich - Page 14 TanEllipticalHyracotherium-size_restricted

Mathijs de Ligt to Bayern Munich - Page 14 111044-full
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:08 pm

No conclusions can be made here given it was his first game in a relatively new system, role and partner with a coach who is basically in his grave almost but the way Lozano tormented him and how fearful he looked, stark in contrast to his tall gleaming figure in the Ajax backline was an experience to see, and most definitely will be an experience for him to learn from.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:23 pm

the thing is Arq, he gave up on the first play. he literally gave up on the counter, i was quite stunned by it. The second one on the corner he was completely aloof, which can happen, losing a marker, but giving up on a counter? he stopped running lol.

i hope it was diarrhea or something, otherwise he is going to blow hot air in Italy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:27 pm

Eh I've seen him make mistakes like that for us quite regularly.

The real MVP has always been Overmars who somehow got us 160m for the duo Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:33 pm

zigra wrote:Eh I've seen him make mistakes like that for us quite regularly.

The real MVP has always been Overmars who somehow got us 160m for the duo Laughing
when you were hyping him you werent saying this! Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:37 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

Yeah but I can't really shit on our players while we're trying to sell them hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:42 pm

zigra wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

Yeah but I can't really shit on our players while we're trying to sell them hmm
not like it would have changed the price, GL comes first
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:55 pm

On a serious note I don't think I actually hyped de Ligt hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:38 am

if this guy were from Ghana and playing for a random team from Belgium he would of never gained such reception

he’s got no physical qualities that a special defender like Van Dijk or Varane have, he just happened to be at the right time and in the right place, like Pique

meh, Militao is a better prospect, I’d also argue for Arsenal’s Saliba but it’s early days
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:01 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:the thing is Arq, he gave up on the first play. he literally gave up on the counter, i was quite stunned by it. The second one on the corner he was completely aloof, which can happen, losing a marker, but giving up on a counter? he stopped running lol.

i hope it was diarrhea or something, otherwise he is going to blow hot air in Italy

Laughing

Good one.

In Pure defending ability de Ligt was never hyped for that but the overall cumulative package that he is and his stellar leadership and characteristics that formed at such an absurdly early age, to the point he even came across as if he has proven himself fully.

Today signified he has a long, long way to go and cannot rely on the same things that had him so noticed in Holland and what is on the large scale a small sample of games in UCL.

It will come through he has too much potential and confidence for it to just flop.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:09 am

It's odd that Lozano had him so shook. I mean they played against each other in the Eredivisie on several occassions. You'd think he'd know how to approach defending against him at this point.

That said, both are different systems and are being utilized differently than at PSV and Ajax respectively so I suppose that factors in.

Either way, he had a mare in the 2nd as Napoli started to grow into the game. He seems to have the mental fortitude to bounce back though. Gotta shake this one off.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:18 am

the thing is, almost no one is watching the Eredivise here, that can confirm he was a titan of a CB. For all we know he was getting shook just the same. But since he was part of a tremendous Ajax effort in CL, he gets, deservedly, credit for that.

time will tell what level he really is imo
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:26 am

Agreed. I think he'll grow into Serie A nicely tbh. He's in the right league to learn how to defend well against pacy attackers like Chucky. Given Chiellini's absence and that Juve don't appear to be as solid defensively as they once were, there will be more games like this where he gets exposed, but if he's CB they thought they signed, then he'll begin to learn and adapt his game.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:29 am

he is just unlucky it's Chiellini and not Bonucci who got injured...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:15 am

Don't know why he's struggling at this level. Serie A and Eredivisie are basically the same level.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:02 am

Horror show, but not a big deal in the end we won. Debuting against Napoli. Give him time.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:19 am

BORUSSIA!! wrote:Don't know why he's struggling at this level. Serie A and Eredivisie are basically the same level.

This was his debut match, wasn't it? He was a teenager, up until only recently. Different country, different culture and language. He's no longer a captain, not even a certain starter. His new environment isn't exactly what he's used to. I would assume he was bought for his talent, not to provide immediate stability.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:37 am

Yeah it was his debut and in the toughest home match of the season.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:43 am

19 year old football player having a bad game, shocker
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:18 pm

his debut was in pre-season, where he scored an own goal Proud

Dutch Rugani in the making

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:02 pm

If he actually develops in a few years he will be shipped off by Raiola by the time he is ready.

Lose-lose for Juventus.

Either he flops or he turns great and leaves.

Stupid transfer.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next