Match Day Thread 19/20

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Match Day Thread 19/20 - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Day Thread 19/20

Post by Myesyats on Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:18 am

Tbh there is still hope Rakitic gets sold this summer. Busquets might be sidelined a little by De Jong, hopefully. Puig has been impressive so maybe finally he'll get some chances. We'll see what happens, theres still plenty of transfer window left.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:33 pm

What a performance Frenkie is having this second half omg

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:37 pm

Vintage Barca tonight, probably because Rakitic and Busi are benched.

Frenkie is like a god among men. What a signing.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:51 pm

Only seen the second half but Alena has been decent too.

I hope our starting midfield will now be... DE JONG-ARTHUR-ALENA/PUIG

We need youth and dynamism.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:56 pm

Coutinho is hilariously bad. My local mailman has more skill and vision on the pitch. Worse transfer than Douglas
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:06 am

@Myesyats wrote:Vintage Barca tonight, probably because Rakitic and Busi are benched.

Frenkie is like a god among men. What a signing.

Undoubtedly. Busquets and Rakitic need to be benched. We played much better without them. FDJ is the signing of the summer by far. Will be the defining midfielder of the generation. Football was wonderful. I think that should more or less be our starting 11 this season.
Alas, Busquets and Rakitic were rested. Expect them to start against Bilbao. Expect Busquets to get owned while he tries his tried lame ass trick and expect us to play soul sucking football next weekend.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:14 am

Hmmm I don't think they were rested, Valverde said something yesterday to the extent of "possibly tomorrow's lineup will be the one that starts against Bilbao". Perhaps grandpa Ernesto has finally seen the light?

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:39 am

I see the many support for our youth players like Alena and Puig, etc., but unfortunately, its proved time and again when it matters, these players just rarely are able to step up at the biggest and most crucial times, they are just not good enough overall to compete with the best opponents, so imho, they will just be used to rotation. I hope the applies to the likes of Roberto.

On that note I think Semedo is so much better as a defender so I hope he will be our first choice RB from now on.

Dembele has improved steadily and even helping out a lot defensively, although his passing and teamwork still needs a lot of work, so the hope is still on him to improve and fast, otherwise he will continue to be a hit or miss during games. But boy is he a joy to watch Very Happy

Grizemann has looked really well and am happy to see him settle quickly.

De Jong will be our mean starter and important player in midfield, so alongside I think the question is, will Valverde play the 4-3-3 with two midfielders either side of him, or if possible, just have one and actually player Grizemann, Messi, Suarez and Dembele Razz That would be awesome, which is definitely possible against the weaker teams I believe. If not, they will have to rotate, and then u gonna have hopefully Arthur the other starter with the others rotating.

Firpo our new LB looked poor in the first Napoli first match I watched, and the other youngsters in defense were nothing impressive so our defense will remian the same I guess - not very good.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:58 am

I think the season starts next week, whats everyone's thoughts on our starting line up now? Key will be if Valverde stats with 4-4-2 or go back to Barca's tradional 4-3-3, which is what fans prefers I would imagine. Here are mine:

Vs weaker opponents - the rough shape could look something like 4-2-3-1 depending with Messi for example lingers. Obviously this is a very ambitious attacking lineup and focused less on the defensive side, but I really think its ok since the 2 midfielders really hard work, and if the front 4 work hard as well it will be enough vs the weaker teams, and the offensive should more than offset the risk, and it would mean we get to enjoy amazing football Im sure watching this team play attacking football Very Happy The final shape could be slightly altered depending on the game, etc:

---------Ter Stegen
Semedo--Pique--Lenglet--Alba
------De Jong--Arthur
Dembele--Messi--Grizemann
-----------Suarez

Vs the better opponents:

---------Ter Stegen
-Rakitic/Vidal--De Jong--Arthur
---Messi--Suarez--Grizemann

This setup above would give us obviously more in midfield, and resulting in much less threat on our right side attacking, but with Grizemann a major upgrade to the ineffective Coutinho last season, and not as pessimistic as the 4-4-2 with I really dont wanna see anymore given what we have now up front.

The only scenario I would accept to see 4-4-2 anyway is if we get overrun or to hold leads later in games, or if Dembele is injured which can happen anytime, which we all pray wont.

So whats your thoughts? What lineup would u like? Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:56 am

Griezmann is a very, very, very good player so I'm sure he'll find his place on the pitch even with Dembele playing

---------Ter Stegen------------
------De Jong--Arthur---------
Messi---Griezmann---Dembele
-----------Suarez---------------

I think Antoine is very hard-working aswell so he could even play a kind of an AM role, he's not really a midfielder but in a way he's like Messi in that he can drop deep, receive the ball and distribute it well. He's not really a deadly striker like Suarez so he can stay further away from the goal too.

Right now Messi is injured so we'll have to wait a little more to see where all 4 of them fit.

Opening fixture lineup at Bilbao should look like this:

---------Ter Stegen------------
----De Jong--Arthur--Alena----
Dembele---Suarez---Griezmann

Unfortunately Valverde doesnt have cojones so I expect one of Rakitic or Busquets to start, or god forbid both.

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:59 pm

What garbage manager basically any superstar we sign turns to garbage under him.

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:30 pm

I'm surprised he didnt get the sack towards the end of last season after another embarrasing CL exit, this is surely his last season at the club, hopefully doesnt get to see the end of it and is forced to resign mid season. When you takeaway Messi you can clearly see the man has no idea how to set up the team.

Also please swap Dembele for Neymar.....
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Yesterday at 1:00 am

I think we played well. Didnt deserve to lose. Deserved at least a draw. Really happy that he went with the midfield that he did. We struggled for the first 20 as Raul Garcia was man marking FDJ but FDJ is really hard to man mark for a full game. He started getting lose and we slowly exerted control. After that, it was all us. Alena played well and should have played the entire game. Rafinha came in for Suarez and had a very good game.

All in all, a tough away game to start off which we didnt deserve to lose. I am happy with most of our players except Griezman who was anonymous.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Yesterday at 9:51 am

Yeah we managed to keep possession but there's no purpose in most passes. The difference is staggering when you go watch a Man City game and then revert to Verdeball.

Griezmann was anonymous because he is badly instructed. Valverde just doesn't know how to manage. It was clear Griez tried to be active but the setup is all wrong.

Then individual players are scapegoated but we've all seen De Jong at Ajax and Griezmann at Atleti, they dont just turn to garbage overnight.

We have a great team but a little pressure and man marking and we look cluless. No game plan.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Yesterday at 2:16 pm

I think it was a little more than possession. Biggest positive was Busquets not playing at all. Back to the football, we had a good intensity and pressing to our game. Bot quite gegen pressing but still very good intensity and hustle. The passing was really good and very fast and crisp. We had some good chances. Not as if there were none. And everyone shared the ball unlike Messi ball. I thought there were positives but I understand the concerns.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2