RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
El Gunner
The Demon of Carthage
Art Morte
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Name 5 players you're excited to watch in 2020 Empty Name 5 players you're excited to watch in 2020

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:38 pm

I was having a conversation last night with a friend about how there's very few players in the Premier League that are actually exciting to watch. This season's top scorers at the moment are Vardy, Rashford, Danny fucking Ings, Aubameyang, Aguero and Tammy Abraham. I'm not particularly excited to watch any of them play except maybe for peak Aguero. Out of Prem midfielders I used to really like watching David Silva, but even he's starting to cool off a little and isn't an automatic starter any longer. As for Liverpool, Salah isn't as good as peak 2018 Salah, he loses the ball as often as he does something impressive with it. I find Mané more exciting than him, but even he isn't spectacular to watch. In a way I find Alexander-Arnold to be the most exciting Liverpool player right now, but that's partly due to his young age and the hope he's still improving.

My list:
Messi
De Bruyne
Neymar
Suarez
Alexander-Arnold

And the only one out of that list I find truly exciting is Messi. Neymar would be more exciting if he played in another team. De Bruyne is very good, but lacks that wow factor. I would have gone with Hazard over Suarez, but Eden has barely played this season and has apparently struggled to make an impact. What's up with him anyway? All in all I wish there were more exciting players in football right now.

Who are your 5 most exciting players to watch in 2020?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Name 5 players you're excited to watch in 2020 Empty Re: Name 5 players you're excited to watch in 2020

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:52 pm

For Real Madrid (inlcuding players on loan):

1. Odegaard
2. Fifi Valverde
3. Hazard & Mendy
4. Hakimi
5. Isco

For players playing elsewhere:

1. Messi
2. Neymar
3. De Bruyne
4. Mané
5. Kante
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Name 5 players you're excited to watch in 2020 Empty Re: Name 5 players you're excited to watch in 2020

Post by El Gunner Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:54 pm

Aye mate this question has not been intriguing for a while now. Mainly because i don't watch as much football as i did 10 years ago, or even in high school, coinciding with Arsenal's banter era making it easier to prioritise other things in life.

Still i suppose it's a fair point to make that their isn't a lot of buzz around up and coming players.

Like you I still will watch a Barca game here or there just because of Messi, but also only if it's a big La Liga or CL game. But beyond that i can't really think of anyone else.

Just contrast this with me who used to love watching Marchisio just because I liked his style of play as a midfielder as i was a midfielder myself in my playing days.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:22 pm

I'm answering this literally, i.e. not which players I think are the best, but which I'm most excited for to be watching in the coming year.

Alphonso Davies
Ousmane Dembélé
Thiago
Jadon Sancho
Naby Keita

- Davies falls in the category
Art Morte wrote:partly due to his young age and the hope he's still improving.

his breakthorugh into the Bayern starting 11 was unexpected as is the position on which he made it. It does excite me to see the kid bombing forward the left flank as well as defending with resilience, and it's always exciting to see young players break into ones team, because of the promise they bring. Or rather the fantasy a fan can develop with them. At the moment, the prospect of seeing Davies in action for me adds to the enjoyment and excitement of watching Bayern

- Dembélé, for me, has always been one of the rare, precious players that have the capacity to make you stand up in excitement. That's the reason why I'm such a fan of his, and for which I'm constantly ridiculed on here. He just has that extra bit of unpredictable, idiosyncratically skilled dynamism which is exciting in a literal sense. As for 2020, I just hope he can stay fit and actually get to playing and then I'm excited to see him play

- Thiago, just always a pure pleasure on the eye, so spectacular on the ball, what a privilege to have such a player; and then he added a Xhaka-esque eagerness to tackle to his game which just adds to the excitement. He's felling people left and right these days Laughing

- Jadon Sancho, really good to watch, often spectacular attacker, makes stuff happen, dribbles, exciting young player

- Naby Keita, I think can be a truly spectacular midfielder, and I mention him as I hope he will fulfill this in 2020 after being out of the team and injured all the time, like Dembélé

Of the superstars, Messi obviously, but I can't say that I am particularly "excited to watch him in 2020", which was the thread question.
Mbappé, spectacular, exciting player, precious, rare, fantastic, love him, would be thrilled to watch him if he didn't play for a team and league I'm simply not watching, and not planning to, so that's a 'no' too lol. Would need to go to Real, for example, to make that list for me.
Honorably mention to Fifi Valverde, the young midfielder delusionally hyped into space by our Real fans, which makes me interested in what he can do, and he does have an exciting to watch streak in him.
Sané will replace Sancho in the list once he's fit again and has joined Bayern.
Also, if I'm honest Bayern players and youngsters like Goretzka, Zirkzee, etc top the other players in the list in my actual excitement as I'm simply much more excited for anything Bayern than anything else, but that would be spamming

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:33 pm

Gabriel Martinelli - He looks really exciting. Has the favela hunger. Reminds me of Suarez a lot. Good finisher and creator. Hope he builds on the initial hype

Nicholas Pepe - I struggle to understand his dribbling style but he is such an efficient dribbler. Somehow escapes from the tightest of spaces. First season has been a mixed one but lately he has started to look really good.

Lautaro Martinez - You just know he is the next big Argentine. Won't be surprised if he ends up at Barca or City for 100m in few years. My favourite Inter player along with Big Rom.

Jack Grealish - Wonder where he ends up? love watching him play though. Hope it's Arsenal. Been one of the best players already this season.

Adama Traore - 90+ pace 90+ strength. what else do you need?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:59 pm

Zlatan - I always felt he went to the MLS too soon and he still was good enough top play at top level in Europe. He can carry our team to a respectable position in the table despite dogshit management and he can raise the level of the dross in our team like he did with Nocerino, Boateng in the past.

Piatek- I feel Zlatan's influence and a potential partnership will bring him back to from. Here's hoping at least.

Theo Hernandez - Our best player so far this season, looking forward to see more of him. And also spam best LB in the league posts.

Neymar - He has been outstanding so far this season. Last two years he was terribly unlucky with injuries and so I really want to see what he does in big CL games. I feel he can potentially have a Balon D Or winning season if he stays fit.

Timo Werner - He is putting up Lewandowski numbers and now RB Leipzig is 1st in Bundesliga and in the CL last 16. He could establish himself as one of the world's best strikers if he continues his form and Leipzig wins big.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:04 pm

1. Gabriel Martinelli
2. Kylian Mbappe
3. Erling Haaland
4. William Saliba
5. Leo Messi

Admittedly I don‘t really watch anything else aside from Arsenal and Dortmund but if I catch Messi / Mbappe on the telly, I‘ll likely watch.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:14 pm

Hard to find 5 exiting players, but

Messi
Pukki
Kamara
Lautaro
De Jong
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:15 pm

Which Kamara is this?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:16 pm

Glen, together with Pukki the top two players for Finnish national team.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Oh wow just saw that he was an Arsenal youth player.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Hardly ever watch games other than Barca

Messi
Neymar
Jadon Sancho
Frenkie De Jong
Lautaro Martinez
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:52 pm

Messi
De Bruyne
Neymar
Suarez

Alexander-Arnold

It's difficult to get excited about them anymore. They are still amazing players but if they are rated excitable in 2020, that say a lot about the state of football.

But I think there are some young players across Europe who will be amazing if their natural progression isn't hampered. Kai Havertz, Nicolò Zaniolo comes to mind.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:02 pm

Messi
Mbappe
De Bruyne
Sterling
Neymar

Still many other names, 5 is such a short list!

Bit surprised Ronaldo getting no love anymore Razz

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:26 pm

Mason Greenwood.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:37 pm

Martinelli
Odegaard
Chiesa
Greenwood
Olmo
Lisandro Martinez
Lautaro
Malen
Neres
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:46 pm

2020 might be too soon for him but im looking forward to see what harvey elliott can do. the kid is still 16yo but he looks like he could be a star.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:03 am

Hakim Ziyech (the most Underrated and least discussed player in this forum)  this guy needs some love in this forum ...
goals, assist, that beautiful left foot, incredible team work, visionary player ... ripped Chelsea apart in CL (until Ajax were playing with 9 men, and still the player who looked like he was going to score ... ) sorry Kick...
i can't think of any other players who has got better goal : assist ratio other than messi ...

Yari Verschaeren - this kid one day i feel is going to be big time player if he can secure move to premier league / Bundesliga ; incredible pace, skills, can take players comfortably, scores awesome goals too, was one of the best u20 player in 2019 competition

Gaetano Castrovilli - another player to keep an eye on in Serie A who can dance past player ... never seen such elegant player since iniesta ; strangely he said that had he not played football he would have pursued career in dancing, in fact he was doing so before being professional player

Andreas Skov Olsen - I know Robes don't rate him at all but I do, he has not been given more opportunities right now in Bologna, and Sinisa prefers Orsolini ahead of him but I feel like this kid should ask his agent to find new club elsewhere where he can play often ; kid has incredible pace, left foot, skills to draw defenders out of their position, find spaces to score ; hope he either gets to play more often or finds new club to show case his skills

Eduardo Camavinga - For a 17 year old, puts very matured performance, defensively and transition to attack he puts skillful and energetic performance ; seen him quite often his touch are bit heavy and bit prone to loose ball but makes up for his overall performance on the pitch. I love this kid, one of the few players I would have loved to have instead of Kessie.

--------------------------------

Other mentions

Danny Olmo - Player who can do dribbling, not afraid to take on players, comfortable on ball, can score goals from any area, currently heavily linked with Milan, in fact Dynamo apparently agreed terms with Milan but agent fees of 7 million has put this deal on hold.

Nicola Moro - Another Dynamo player, very underrated, puts crazy skillful display, fast, dribbling is awesome, great threat on final third, the only minus point is at times seen him get cards, could become a great player if he continues doing what he is doing now ; best place for him to showcase his talent is in PL, this guy would be perfect in open games.

Boubakary Soumare - One of the Lille OSC player I like, very good b2b player, useful in transitional phases of the game, comfortable in ball, though at times passes on final third are not that good. But can score goals, another player destined to end up in EPL, but I would love to have him at Milan instead of Kessie, him or Ibrahim Sangare.\

Harry Wilson - Impressed me ; feel like Liverpool has wealth of talents and don't even need to look elsewhere if needs be ; got pace, skills, puts industrial performance on wings, great left foot, and on set pieces - devastating ...

Declan Rice - Was shellshocked to know that once he was a Chelsea player, was even shocked to know that he is at West Ham... lol Why ! he is great at defense, put his heart out, few games I have seen, and I guess EPL fans would probably know better but he deserves to play at top club ; in a team like Arsenal, Spurs, or any top team with defensive issues, this guy got it!

David Neres - got mad skills, him, tadic, and ziyech is the best trio I have ever seen in a long time, can score goals, and can assist but it is down to these three guys combining so well was one of the reasons why we saw Ajax going far in CL. And that is not mentioning how Donny fits into the bill along with these 3 guys. He will be gone unfortunately with Ziyech I guess, how he will fit into another team is another matter, but I am curious what he can achieve

Ruslan Malinovskyi - I understand that people see Atalanta more of a team and Gasperini is a much discussed matter for what Atalanta has achieved. Ruslan is one of those cog to success ; puts beastly performance, guy is huge physically in midfield, but runs like horse, his long passes are very good, and can even take on players one on one. One of the underrated player and to keep eyes on.

Andreas Cornelius - Another Atalanta player that I am curious what he can do this year. Was banging goals, until his injury.

----------------------------

Want to add Daniel Podence and Donny VDB Very Happy

Daniel Podence - Technically gifted, lightning pace, a work horse, saw him against Tottenham in CL and wore everyone in their defense and still couldn't chase him. I will predict him to be a instant fan fav. at Wolves for 2020 and upcoming years

Donny VDB - Everyone knows Donny by now, versatile player, can play b2b, playmaking, involves in attack, out of three trio (neres, ziyech, tadic) i will put Donny alongside as Ajax's fantastic 4. Those 4 guys are everything atm, to what Ajax controls and creates. If Real gets him will be perfect replacement for aging Modric ... though i wish Ajax kept him for a bit longer ; one of my fav. midfielder atm ... exciting to see what Donny does in 2020 and beyond...

Last edited by JespSwe on Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:16 am

Pogba at Juve

Eriksen at Inter

Matuidi and Khedira anywhere else

Zaniolo.., oops, gotta wait until 2021
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:48 am

Pellegrini
Van Dijk
Castrovilli
Maddison
William
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:20 am

My boys Tammy Abraham and Reece James are the two I am most excited to watch. I think they're going to be the best of our youth players Thumbs up

I'm also pumped to watch Sam Kerr at Chelsea on a weekly basis so she's No.3.

Would also have to throw in Mbappe because of how incredible he can be.

And finally, probably Lukaku at Inter, because I'd love for him and Conte to do well there.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:53 am

Dybala
Chiesa
Pellegrini
Kulisevski
Haaland
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:51 am

I'm too old to get excited. Usually i fall asleep when i watch neymar messi or aguero
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:37 pm

Paul Pogba
Vincenzo Grifo
Karim Benzema
Renato Sanches
Mbaye Niang
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:42 pm

Eriksen (Inter )
Malinovskyi ( Atalanta )
Kulusevski (Parma)
Ilicic (Atalanta )
Maddison (Leicester)

Last edited by Robespierre on Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next