urbaNRoots
McLewis
Robespierre
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The ultimate football quiz / poll Empty The ultimate football quiz / poll

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:04 am

The moment is so dull  no football matches, we 're forced to think about this pandemic ll.. so I've tried to stimulate fantasy with this football  quiz. I hope you'll appreciate it and free to add other questions.

- What's your favorite club ?

- In what season have you begun to support your team ?

- What was your first lineup? ( How much it's passed for everyone..)

- What was the first match you remember ?

- Why do you support this team ? ( I mean because of your father, because of a player, because of your friends or other.. )

- If not your team, who'd have supported ? ( I know it's irrational, but just imagine..)

- Which team is the most popular in the place where you live ?

- How much are you passionate ?  Cold, tiepid, good but not excessive, huge fan and victories/loss conditionate my mood the day after etc

- The greatest joy given from your club and the worst disappointment ?

- Have you ever cried for your team?

- The most "hated" team for you?

- What do you think about ultras in football?

- What do you think about footballers' salaries ? Do they earn too much or it's right?

- Do you care about National Teams/ How  much is important Your National Team for you?

- Do you prefer your National Team to win or your  Club to win ?

- Your favorite player ever? / Your favorite player at this moment?

- Your most hated played for you ever ? Your most hated player at this moment?

- Do you prefer to watch matches at stadium or tv ?

- How many gadgets of your team do you have?

- VAR or not VAR ? Are you favourable on it?

- Are you favourable to Play Off introduction for football leagues?

- Are you favourable to create an European Superleague?

- What do you think about Women's football ? I mean, do you care about it?

Who's your favorite coach of.....All time? At the moment?
All time: Jose Mourinho
At the moment: Jürgen Klopp

What's your favorite goal?

Who's your favorite commentator?  Andrea Marinozzi

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:58 am; edited 4 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

The ultimate football quiz / poll Empty Re: The ultimate football quiz / poll

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:51 am

- What's your favorite club ? Inter

- In what season have you begun to support your team ? 1997-1998.

- What was your first lineup? ( How much it's passed for everyone..)  Pagliuca, West, Bergomi, Colonnese, J.Zanetti, Simeone, Cauet, Winter, Djorkaeff, Zamorano, Ronaldo

- What was the first match you remember ? Inter - Fiorentina 3-2 ( Ronaldo, Serena, Batistuta, Moriero, Djorkaeff)

- Why do you support this team ? ( I mean because of your father, because of a player, because of your friends or other.. ) I'm a victim of that Ronaldomania exploded in Italy in 97 when Inter signs Ronaldo from Barcelona. Because of R9 so, I suppose. Very irrationally though

- If not your team, who'd have supported ? ( I know it's irrational, but just image..) Lazio.
I  don't care about their ultras lol ( otherwise I'd support Livorno , and even Inter ultras have an ideology opposite to me..) , but I've always felt sympathy towards that club . Curiously , it's same team who gave me the biggest disappointment as fan. The paradox of the football.

- Which team is the most popular in the place where you live ? Juventus.

- How much are you passionate ?  Cold, tiepid, good but not excessive, huge fan and victories/loss conditionate my mood the day after etc
Huge, extreme. Mood of the day after depends on Inter won or lost. That ' Fever Pitch ' movie describes me exactly.

Inter who win Champions League 2010 is the peak of the joy , Scudetto lost in last matchday in 2002 (Lazio-Inter 4-2) the peak of the depression

3 times, 2 tears of sadness. in 1999-2000  Inter got knocked out from Champions League play off against Helsinborgs ( still exsists this team? It was Swedish I suppose), in 2002 Inter lost Scudetto in last matchday. A time because of joy, after Eto'o goal against Chelsea in 2010. I've  realized we were going to win it really

It's hard fight between Juventus and Milan .  I feel Milan derby more than match against Juve but yet I think it's Juve.

Stadiums without tifo are sad for me . I mean I like  Bundesliga atmosphere more than Premier League . Anyway the last ultras generation is inglobing the worst subjects, especially in Serie A. Ultras panorama is losing its pure touch and it's becoming exactly what they fighting in words, the modern football

- What do you think about footballers' salaries ? Do they earn too much or it's right?
No,  I  don't think it's exagerrated.  Many billions turno into football, and they got paid     in proportion to those billions that turn in football. They give emoctions comparable to those given from artists, painters etc. You can't rationalise emotcions or quantify them.

- Do you care about National Teams/ How  much is important Your National Team for you?
Very little. My NT just for Euro or WC, but not with same emotional transport than club. Anyway I've never seen an insane collective joy in a country as for WC 2006. It's great   to see your NT football winning also for this. I have to admit it.

- Do you prefer your National Team to win or your  Club to win ? Club >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NT and it's not even close tbh.

Ronaldo (R9, the Brazlian) was, but then he betrayed us. At this moment it's  Stefan De Vrij , Inter defender.

- Your most hated player for you ever ? Your most hated player at this moment?
Nedved before . Icardi now.

I prefer stadium over tv.

Pennants, kits, scarf and surely other

For me  VAR is   amazing and I shudder when I read every attempt to delegitimize it.

Still reclutant, even though leagues are became boring.

- Are you favourable to create an European Superleague? Leagues are more and more unbalanced,  if it doesn't change situation,yes I think it 's a proper solution

I respect everything ... But honestly I don't care at all.  Changed channel whenever it was broadcasted. Also because Milan wins against Inter just in women football in these last 5 years ... :coffee:

Last edited by Robespierre on Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:29 am; edited 4 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:02 am

Robespierre wrote:The moment is so dull  no football matches, we 're forced to think about this pandemic ll.. so I've tried to stimulate fantasy with this football  quiz. I hope you'll appreciate it and free to add other questions.

- What's your favorite club ? Roma.

- In what season have you begun to support your team ? 99-00 (I think)

- What was your first lineup? ( How much it's passed for everyone..) - I'll come back to this one eventually.

- What was the first match you remember ? Roma 1-1 Piacenza

- Why do you support this team ? ( I mean because of your father, because of a player, because of your friends or other.. ) Obsession with Ancient Rome and football.

- If not your team, who'd have supported ? ( I know it's irrational, but just imagine..)  Arsenal

- Which team is the most popular in the place where you live ? Man United

- How much are you passionate ?  Cold, tiepid, good but not excessive, huge fan and victories/loss conditionate my mood the day after etc - Good, but not excessive.

- The greatest joy given from your club and the worst disappointment ? Greatest: 2001 Scudetto / Worst: Roma 1-2 Sampdoria, 2010

- Have you ever cried for your team? Nope.

- The most "hated" team for you? Lazio.

- What do you think about ultras in football? Awesome tifos and chants don't excuse the thuggery and racism.

- What do you think about footballers' salaries ? Do they earn too much or it's right? Every athlete earns too much imo, but the market is the market.

- Do you care about National Teams/ How  much is important Your National Team for you? I care a lot about both the USMNT and the USWNT. It's the USSF I don't care about.

- Do you prefer your National Team to win or your  Club to win ? Roma have a better chance at the CL than USA have at the World Cup. So Roma.

- Your favorite player ever? / Your favorite player at this moment? Ever: Thierry Henry / Moment: Kalidou Koulibaly

- Your most hated played for you ever ? Your most hated player at this moment? Ever: Paolo Di Canio / Moment: Senad Lulic

- Do you prefer to watch matches at stadium or tv ? TV

- How many gadgets of your team do you have? Not much, mostly jerseys.

- VAR or not VAR ? Are you favourable on it? Pro-VAR. Favorable.

- Are you favourable to Play Off introduction for football leagues? Nope

- Are you favourable to create an European Superleague? Nope.

It's entertaining, just as men's football is. I don't care about the quality. I enjoy watching it. I definitely care.

Added some of my own questions:

Who's your favorite coach of.....All time? At the moment? All Time: Carlo Ancelotti / Moment: Jurgen Klopp

Bergkamp vs Newcastle

Who's your favorite commentator? Richard Whittle.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:24 am

- What's your favorite club?
Arsenal

2003/04

- What was your first lineup?
Arsenal vs Dortmund 2002/03: Seaman - Campbell - Cole - Keown - Luzhny - Ljungberg - Silva - Vieira - Bergkamp - Henry - Wiltord
Arsenal 2-0 Dortmund, CL 2002
- Why do you support this team?
It started randomly as a joke with my big brother who is a massive Dortmund fan, Arsenal played against Dortmund and beat them, then Lehmann joined Arsenal from Dortmund, Arsenal were really good, Thierry Henry was a genius footballer, my interest kept growing and eventually I found myself watching every week.

- If not your team, who'd have supported ? ( I know it's irrational, but just imagine..)
Very likely Dortmund, I do kinda support them even now.

Dortmund or Schalke

- How much are you passionate?
My day gets kinda ruined if Arsenal has a really bad game... although it's getting better now that Arsenal really suck.

Greatest: FA Cup win vs Man Utd 2005
Worst: Champions League final loss against Barcelona

Never, but I was close to tears when Arsenal announced the Mesut Özil signing, one of my favourite players of all time.

As I'm not a local London fan, I don't feel the same hate against Tottenham as a typical Arsenal fan should. Instead it's Chelsea for me.

As usual, the asocial ones ruin it for everyone else.

They earn too much, but it's better that they earn it instead of the club owners gaining even more.

Arguably I care more about national football. I'm not a nationalist, but I really enjoy that so many people that I care about, take an interest in my hobby during these big tournaments.

Club, we need it more...

Favourite player ever: Thierry Henry
Favourite player now: Mesut Özil

Didier Drogba. The footballer, not the man.

Stadium, although I've still not been able to visit the Emirates Sad

I have an Arsenal coffee mug. Can't find much Arsenal merchandise where I live.

Very favourable.

I watch the NBA and the playoffs, while incredibly exciting, makes most of the regular season there pretty redundant. But football has fewer games in a season so it wouldn't be as bad. Without giving it a real thought yet, I'd say no.

I have no idea what the implications are, I mean I would enjoy watching the top teams play each other sure but what does it mean for the rest, including possibly my team?

I have never seen a full match yet but it's a good thing that women's football is getting more coverage than ever.

All time: Arsene Wenger

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:37 am

Real Madrid

Aftele R9’s transfer, 02-03. Was 7 at the time, hyped like hell after my first World Cup

Heck, I think Casillas Salgado Hierro Helguera Carlos Makelele Conceicao Zidane Figo Raul Ronaldo

Ronaldo’s debut, vs Alaves, 5-1 i think it ended. He came in the 2nd half and scored quickly

- Why do you support this team ? ( I mean because of your father, because of a player, because of your friends or other.. )
Because of R9 and my best friend who had his #11 shirt

AC Milan, it’s actually my second team, because Kaka

Steaua Bucharest, unfortunately

- How much are you passionate ? Cold, tiepid, good but not excessive, huge fan and victories/loss conditionate my mood the day after etc
It depends. If we have a great team and lose, I get very sad. Over the last 2 seasons I managed to distance myself a bit because I do not believe that much in the team’s capabilities to win important trophies

La Decima and the elimination against Lyon in 09-10. Had high hopes for that season, with all the transfers, but we sere brought to reality quickly. I remember I nearly cried that night. Also the penalties against Bayern in 2012. We were the best team in the world that season.

A few times

After Barca, Bayern.

I am with them. Teams need these kind of fans, for their passion and loyalty. You don’t see regular fans defend their team, city and history like these men.

Too much but as McLewis said, the market is as it is, and some playere are cash cows for their clubs in every sense of the word

- Do you care about National Teams/ How much is important Your National Team for you?
Not that much, we are shat. I usually cheer for Brazil.

R9, always. At the moment, and for the past 10 years, Marcelo

Lots, i’ll probably followup on this later Laughing

Lots: kits, scarfs, bottles,cups, posters, and a miniature Raul from 05/06, which is always with me when we have a big game Laughing

‘Only thieves do not like security cameras’

No

No

Football is for men
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:07 am

For simplicity, I'll say Arsenal.

My earliest memory was the 2001/02 title win at Old Trafford, so I probably started supporting them properly in 02/03.

Lehmann - Lauren, Campbell, Toure, Cole - Ljungberg, Vieira, Gilberto, Pires - Bergkamp, Henry

The 2001 FA Cup final. I remember nothing of the match, but everything about the sheer disappointment in the room when Michael Owen scored those two goals.

Dad's influence. Arsenal were on the TV constantly and if I wanted to spend time with him and my brother, I had to watch.

I had a weird infatuation for Blackburn Rovers when they won the Worthington Cup (now the Carabao Cup), so maybe them. I also liked Rangers a lot.

West Ham, by a distance. I live in Essex, which borders London's East side. I studied at the University of East London and had to travel through West Ham on my way in, so you can imagine how many Hammers that were around.

Even as a kid, West Ham coaches used to put on sessions at my school. They've even got a club store in my local town centre (the only club store around here, to put that in perspective).

90% of the time I'm quiet when watching games. Never been one for screaming and jumping around, unless it's a really high stakes or emotional game. Defeats bother me for a while but I usually sleep them off.

Easy answer would be the Invincibles, but it was actually the 2014 FA Cup win. 10 years without a trophy, years of near misses and crippling failures (what we Arsenal fans call the Banter Era - though you could argue we're still in it Laughing) and going 2-0 down inside the opening 10 minutes of the game to a poor Hull team... to turn that around and win 3-2 was massive for the club.

Biggest disappointment: 2006 Champions League final or the 2019 Europa League final.

The 2007 Carling Cup final, when a very young Arsenal team got Drogba'd.

Stoke and Burnley.

A double-edged sword. The noise and colour they bring to games is fantastic and they can communicate good political messages, but turning up at training grounds when their team isn't performing, abusing players they dislike during games, and all the violence associated with them are significant drawbacks.

At the top level, they rightfully earn a lot. These guys are entertainers who draw massive audiences and should be rewarded accordingly.

At youth level, though, it's a massive problem. Players without a single first team appearance to their name can now earn £20,000 p/w as standard. It kills their hunger to improve.

Yes, even when there're no Arsenal players in the squad. Club football is more important to me though.

Club.

Favourite player ever: Jose Antonio Reyes. Favourite player now: Gabriel Martinelli.

Ruud van Nistelrooy or Didier Drogba. Right now: Harry Kane, I guess. Honourable mention to Ashley Barnes.

TV. Stadiums are honestly uncomfortable, and the Emirates crowd is awful.

None.

Favourable, but the rules need tweaking to account for it.

Play-offs can be fun but unfair. Don't know what can be done about it though.

The European Superleague can go fuck itself.

I try to, but between it and, say, a random men's game in another country, I tend to watch the men's game.

All time: Arsene Wenger. Right now: Julian Nagelsmann.

Who's your favorite commentator?

Peter Drury.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:59 pm

The Arsenal

I have faint memories of Arsenal from 99-02 season. I remember batistuta's goal. Owen's goals (all bad memories ffs). But I think 03/04 is the season i remember the best.

Lehmann - Lauren, Campbell, Toure, Cole - Ljungberg, Vieira, Gilberto, Pires - Bergkamp, Henry

It's actually France Vs Brazil 1998 final. I remember Zidane and i remember falling in love with Football.

But with Arsenal it's Arsenal Vs Liverpool in 2001 FA cup final. Same as Jay. One of the most one sided games and tears for us in the end

Because of my dad and 2nd dad Arsene Wenger. I remember always being fascinated by him. incredible charisma. Also thought he made Arsenal (because Arsene and Arsenal).

West Ham because i grew up in east london and also played there when i was 5-8yo Laughing

Manchester United and Liverpool.

Used to be incredibly passionate. Family knew not to talk to me if Arsenal lost lmao. They would schedule trips etc around matches or else i would sulk the entire time. Weekends were ruined if Arsenal lost. Most of that is gone now. I am still passionate if we score or arsenal losing still ruins my mood but now i don't care as much. Maybe just grew up.

Invincible season would be the default answer but like Jay said, FA Cup win after 10 years with no trophy was unbelievable. Worst disappointment CL 2006 and CL 2004. Both years we should have won the trophy.

Not really. Close but not.

Stoke

All fans are equal. Ultras are not special. Don't understand the ultras culture.

They earn the right amount because of what they do and what they bring. football is bigger than anything.

Yea but not as much as Arsenal.

Club easily. Winning the CL with Arsenal>>>England winning the WC

Ever? Between Zidane and Henry.

Current? Bakayo Saka

Ever? Ryan Shawcross, Dan Taylor or Patrice Evra.

Now? Harry kane

TV

Arsenal Mug, shirts, matchday programmes and other kit related items but from decade ago

No VAR.

nope unless absolutely no choice

Absolutely not. Premier league is better than any european superleague

I do to an extent. It does make me happy when Arsenal ladies win their matches and i'd even watch some games or highlights but i won't follow them religiously. They are part of Arsenal.

At the moment:Nuno Espírito Santo

Martin Tyler and Andy Gray
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:36 am

Chelsea

1999/00 season

De Goey
Melchiot Desailly Leboeuf Babayaro
Deschampos
Di Matteo Wise
Poyet
Zola Weah

2002 World cup final.

My mother and Uncle support Chelsea.

Manchester Utd, as it was hugely popular at the time. Mostly thanks to Beckham.

Liverpool, Liverpool fans everywhere.

- How much are you passionate ? Cold, tiepid, good but not excessive, huge fan and victories/loss conditionate my mood the day after etc
Huge fan. Always down if we lose Laughing

Champions League win was the greatest thing, especially as it was on my birthday.
Worst disappointment was 15/16 season.

I cried when Terry cried.

I don't really hate any teams, but I dislike Spurs the most.

If no one gets hurt I don't mind.

Earn too much, especially as some are kids who have no idea what to do with all of it.

- Do you care about National Teams/ How much is important Your National Team for you?
New Zealand kind of sucks, although I enjoyed watching them in 2010 WC. I don't really care for national football.

- Do you prefer your National Team to win or your Club to win ?
I'd love for NZ to win the WC only because of how bonkers that would be.

Super Frank is my all time favourite player, current is a bit harder. It was Hazard until he left, so I think I'd go for Tammy Abraham right now.

Never liked CR7, but I have nothing but respect for him.

Always live

Gadets? Not many, lots of kits though.

VAR, it's the only way forward.

Nah, they have it in Australia, and most of the time, the team that finishes top win anyway.

No, it'll make it even more about money.

Love, I started the thread on it. Sam Kerr :bow:

At the moment: Nagelsmann Probably.

Hazard's solo run against Arsenal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIWqvf60NhM
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:55 pm

The Arsenal

2002-03

Shaaban -- Luzhny, Keown, Cygan, Cole -- Gilberto, Vieira, Pires, Ljungburg -- Wiltord, Henry

Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal

my grandad and his friend were hyping up the above mentioned game the whole day, his friend supported Man Utd and he Arsenal, I decided to go watch the match with them and naturally supported who my grandad was supporting and the rest was history. Similar to RG after i got to know more about the players and coaches, i also thought Arsene started Arsenal FC Laughing

Nish, Sepp and Unique will love this Laughing ... Liverpool probably, because they were the first other club outside of Arsenal i had a faint liking for at that time. Or maybe Real Madrid because i also liked them and their players around the time i started watching footy

Manchester United (but most of them are/were bandwagoners because of the club's 90s & 00s success)

yooooo my passion peaked from 2005 to 2012. Arsenal and football were the loves of my life growing up, i had two scrap picture books where i pasted photos of players i loved and important matches with captions - one for Arsenal and one for football in general. There was even a time i used to listen to some Arsenal mp3 songs before every game. I cheered on the goals, and i felt like absolute shit for the entire weekend when we lost. CL 06 Paris really hurt me, and losing the league cup in 2011 vs Birmingham destroyed me because i started thinking we would never win a title again. I started realising i shouldn't let Arsenal affect me so much when we started losing by 8-2, 6-1, 6-0, 5-1 scorelines to Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and City because that's how Arsenal rewards, to be mocked by scorelines like that

My fandomship still wasn't as huge during the Invincibles season and frankly i can't remember as much from back then. So yea definitely ending the drought by winning the FA Cup, i was really happy that day, i even made a little juju ceremony the night before the Cup Final day, and the way we actually ended up winning that day, the dramatics, i take all responsibility for that victory.
As I said, Paris 06 and losing to Birmingham in League Cup final 2011, and also those huge scoreline losses to other big teams and losing to shit like Bradford and Nottingham Forest in the cup competitions

Yea. CL 06 Paris and Birmingham LC final 2011

Manchester United

no opinion, don't really care as it doesn't affect me personally

wayyyy too much, but probably justified because of the marketing and prestige that is put behind the sport

not really, i only watch the Euros and World Cups and before every tournament i decide which i team i want to support. I watch the odd AFCON final as well.

Club obviously.

Ever? Robert Pires, first player i fell in love with also because my grandad also loved him.
Currently? Gabriel Martinelli

Ever? William Gallas, Adebayor, van Persie
Now? not too invested to have one really. Maybe Xhaka

TV

My Arsenal picture book is still lying around somewhere, stopped updating it a long time ago though lol. Arsenal shirt, scarf

VAR, but with better on-field rules. It's been great for offsides mostly, so many times Manchester United have fucked Arsenal over the years due to onfield decisions and VAR could have saved us.

Absolutely no, knockouts are for cup competitions

Absolutely no.

I think it's great, may it forever grow. Although i don't watch as much.

At the moment: none

i enjoyed peak Torres so much, he made every goal look effortless, and this was his most effortless one

Martin Tyler and Andy Gray
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:16 pm

Juve

Around 2011

Can't remember precisely. Legends like Krasic, Grygera, Felipe Melo were still there.

Either Belgium vs Brazil or Italy vs Croatia during world cup 2002. I remember watching both of these matches and the final.

Juve was my favorite top club since world cup 2006 because it's around this time i grew interest for football. Italy world champions, Buffon was my favorite player because i like keepers, Nedved, Del Piero etc. That said, Juve was not relevant on the european scene and i was just following every league in the world. So it was a passive support, just a hipster preference if anything. Absurdly, over time i became a close follower of Serie A in particular because of long careers in Fifa/FM. I always took Juve for its looks, it was the cool club really. Then i fully jumped on the bandwagon as the club rise to success again, even slightly before.
Since then Serie A is the main championship i follow.
Why i remain Juve fan for a decade ? Probably because we keep having success, also because the principles of the club are a perfect match with mine. It's simply a great club to be fan of tbh.

No idea. I like to analyze defense, either a Serie A side or Atlético, i suppose.

The local club, Impact, is a mid table club in MLS. There's a lot of italians in town, so lots of Juve/Milan/Inter fans too.

I am invested emotionally as in everything i take time for, can't help it.
As a foreigner who "picked" this club out of every other, i think i've done my homeworks, knowing the history of the club and the league. I have no merit for it, as Juve become MY club i had curiosities to satisfy.

Joy: the overall feeling of the 2015-2016 season
Disappointment: losing 2 CL finals, i think the first one hurt the most

No

I don't HATE anyone in particular, that said i dislike the current era of PSG. Napoli SSC is a bunch of idiots. The rivalry with Milan/Inter is mostly internet banter for me.

They are integral part of how i perceive football

I don't really care about that
But obviously it's crazy how much money in involved in the game nowadays

My national team Canada is dog shite, we lose games against Belize and St Kitts. We play in Concacaf where only 4-5 teams are competitive and we are not among them.
So instead i have big interest in World Cup/Euros and i used to watch friendly games by top national teams. That's how i discover football in fact. I like Netherlands and Italy but i am mostly neutral.

Club

Can't choose only one. Messi-Ronaldinho-Gerrard-Chiellini-Buffon is my top 5.
At this moment i'd say Dybala or CR7

Neymar and Dries Mertens, two little cunts

TV but i have no choice lol

I have jerseys

I dislike VAR, it's a waste of time and an insult to our intelligence as viewers

No

Absolutely not

I don't have interest for it

All time would be Sir Alex Ferguson
At the moment, meh, i'd go with Max

Gerrard's long shot against West Ham

Peter Drury
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:50 pm

Juve

Around 1999-2000

Something like Van der Sar, Ferrara, Montero, Iuliano, Zambrota, Conte, Davids, Zidane, Del Piero, Inzaghi

Before a Juve fan I was a fan of Italy. As a child I know I watched WC 94 and EC 96 because of my family, but the first real memories are WC98. Italy-Cameroon is the first one that comes to mind.
Pagliuca, Maldini, Cannavaro, Costacurta, Nesta, Baggio, Vieri, etc. made me fall in love with football.

Obviously Italy due to family, same with Juve. My family are Juve fans and so I was.

Probably Roma because of Totti, one of my all time favorite players.

Anderlecht

Huge fan

Joy: winning the first scudetto with Conte
Disappointment: losing the cardiff final
More intense emotions regarding football for me are winning the 2006 world cup, and the worst memory is the 2000 eurocup final lost by golden goal

No

It rotates between Inter, Madrid and Barca.

Great in theory but the criminal POS with ties to the mafie and chanting racism need to get dealt with

Too much

Like said above, Italy was how I became a football fan in 98. The worst memory as the final in 2000 and the happiest one winning 2006. World cups are a religious time basically.

NT

Favorite ever is Buffon. At this moment it should be Marchisio but he just retired, so Chiellini followed by Dybala.

Fat Ronaldo ever, Sergio Ramos at the moment.

TV for watching the match itself, the stadium is a different experience.

I have jerseys, flags, etc.

VAR

No

No, I love Serie A, but sadly I think it might have to be the solution. For as long as possible I'll say no.

I don't have interest for it

All time would be Lippi
At the moment it's Allegri
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:51 am

What's your favorite club ? Real Madrid

- In what season have you begun to support your team ? 00-01

Iker
Salgado Hierro Karanka R. Carlos
Makelele Helguera
McManaman Figo
Moreintes Figo

First futbol match I remember watching was Brazil v. Chile in 1998 World Cup.

Before supporting Real Madrid I watched Peru and Alianza Lima because of my family. I chose Real Madrid because of the star players they had at the time and I loved watching Raul.

Chelsea

I currently live in NYC so its either NYCFC or NYRB. I lived in Lima before moving to the US so in Lima, Universitario, Alianza Lima and Sporting Cristal are the biggest clubs there

Huge fan of all my teams. If they lose a big match im done for the day.

Real - Greatest: La Decima. I was too young to understand the importance of the UCL titles in 2000 and 2002, but La Decima i was all over the moon. Dissapointment: Its either the late 200s seeing Barca win everything or last seasons performance.
Peru - Qualifying for the 2018WC obviously, and making the CA Final last year. Dissapointment: 2010 World Cup Qualifiying. We were already done 4 matches in.

- Have you ever cried for your team? Yes. For all.

- The most "hated" team for you? Barcelona, Chile. Adding Atletico due to recent years.

- What do you think about ultras in football? Love their passion, but they have to understand the sport and the world has changed since the old days. Racist and discriminatory chants aren't acceptable if they ever were.

- What do you think about footballers' salaries ? Do they earn too much or it's right? Some deserve to get paid handsomely. Some players have sponsors that they have earned and have the right to make a lot. Some players though get paid a lot despite being trash. (Bale)

- Do you care about National Teams/ How much is important Your National Team for you? Yes. Peru is very important to me.

- Do you prefer your National Team to win or your Club to win ? I prefer both to win

- Your favorite player ever? / Your favorite player at this moment? Favorite ever Ronaldo9. Favorite at the moment Varane.

- Your most hated played for you ever ? Your most hated player at this moment? Most hated.. sheesh i have a lot. Dani Alves, Pique, Vidal, Diego Costa, Suarez, off the top of my head. Hated at the moment Hazard for flopping

- Do you prefer to watch matches at stadium or tv ? Love to do both, but watching in stadiums when i get the chance

- How many gadgets of your team do you have? A good amount of jerseys for all teams. Had a car sticker for Real madrid.

- VAR or not VAR ? Are you favourable on it? Def need VAR. It still needs work, but it is needed.

- Are you favourable to Play Off introduction for football leagues? MLS playoff was pretty fun to watch, perhaps one day it can work.

- Are you favourable to create an European Superleague? An all star game between the best of each leagues sounds like a better idea

- What do you think about Women's football ? I mean, do you care about it? I dont have anything negative to say. Ill admit i dont watch, but i would if Real or Peru had a decent womens team.

Who's your favorite coach of.....All time? Ancelotti At the moment? Zizou

Real Madrid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhOtivr4zPo

Peru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKF5z8WlTrY&t=228s

At 3:20. Thats when I knew we were going to Russia.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:52 am

Thanks everyone for responses, as I supposed I got interesting responses by anyone, unfortunately this thread didn't get that success I was thinking for, at all, and I've even lost time to thing it Sad C'est la vie
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:25 am

This was a great thread, i've read the entirety, it will update over time

Take a look at my threads instead Laughing they are a barren land
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:02 pm

Thanks man. Try for last time
No Liverpool, Milan, Manchester fans ?
It'd be nice to read it.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:46 pm

Sorry Robes, i have lost all interest in football given the world and Liverpool circumstances. I'll still give this a go.

What's your favorite club ?

Loserfool FC

2003-2004

I won't google so I remember Danny Murphy, Carragher, Hyypia, Gerrard, Owen

United 0-1 Liverpool or maybe Liverpool played at home

I think it was a Mancester United match, only those games were shown on TV in India that time

Because of TV, I probably did know everyone was watching United and the country was filled with advertisements from one team, so United was always in the back of my mind.

I just fell in love with them beating United even though United was a huge bag of dicks that entire game.

Watching western teams is basically a cry out for help by Asian football fans who love thier country to bits but cannot stand professional players and the sport being disrespected in this way.

Probably similar to how people still follow Instagram models even after being in a long term relationship with their girlfriends Razz

95% Manchester United. 5% converted to Arsenal within a month of watching United.

Well going back to India - Manchester United
Current city - Lille FC
Paris - PSG
Singapore - Arsenal lol

Very timid and isolated unless provoked. Pessimistic since 2009.

Oh man. Greatest joy is Istanbul, It converted me solely into Football from Cricket at a young age. That game changed the definition of Sports for me.

Worst disappointment would probably be any year from 2009-2019

Yes 3 times. Istanbul, Coutinho vs Man City 2014, CL final against Spurs. Verge of tears against Madrid.

Probably Man City. I hate the Asian United fans but I can't blame them.

Great until they are racist.

Its fine tbh

India forever. #INDIA4WC2034 was oncourse to win both the GL classic and H2H in fantasy this year. Smh

Since they are mutually exclusive, both. If had to choose with Liverpool playing against India then India.

Favorite: Gerrard
Current: Firmino / VVD / Trent can't choose

Lovren

TV, I only ever been to Anfield once and I didn't get the best seats Razz

I have a football, L4 Anfield sign, 2000 photos from Anfield, a couple of official t-shirts, some key chains, original season review, season membership card, anfield ticket to enter the stadium, official wallet. There is also a place inside Anfield where I have written my name.

The ultimate football quiz / poll Untitl10

Favorable if introduced properly with minimum time required to solve an issue, includes laws of football to be re-written with universal acceptance.

Doesn't make sense for the top leagues to do this. Fine with the lower divisions having this.

Not at all

I've always followed Women's football consistently at the international stage. Asllani is my favorite player.

All time: Jurgen Klopp

Who's your favorite commentator?  Peter Drury
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:33 pm

Nishank wrote:Very timid and isolated unless provoked. Pessimistic since 2009.

good thing i exist here and on Twitter Very Happy
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:07 pm

Warrior wrote:Why i remain Juve fan for a decade ? Probably because we keep having success, also because the principles of the club are a perfect match with mine. It's simply a great club to be fan of tbh.

and what are these principles? hmm to be a cheat and pay off people to get what you want (:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:45 pm

The principles are talent, humility, hard work... 3 qualities i wish i had Thumbs up FORZA JUVE
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:49 am

What's your favorite club ?

Inter

2000/01

Frey Zanetti Blanc Cordoba Simic Farinos Di Biagio Seedorf Recoba Vieri Ronaldo

I know I've been watching since before but the earliest match I can actually remember was the famous 4-2 loss from Lazio in 01/02

Winning Eleven 2000, started playing the game, selected Inter and fell in love forever

Probably Milan, I really liked them back in the 2000's

Same as anywhere really

Used to be mad about it, now I'm cold. Just grew up really

- The greatest joy given from your club and the worst disappointment ?.

The 2009/10 season obviously and getting to watch Recoba, Vieri, Ronaldo, Adriano... Sale of Ronaldo and 2002 loss to Lazio. Adriano returning but to Roma.

No, not the type

Used to be City, but all of football is business so I don't care anymore

Would kick them out of football. Most of them don't know shit about football and are criminals outside the stadium. They disgust me.

Absolutely ridiculous, and undeserved as most athletes. They should be just normal people, and football as a whole would change for the better because of it.

Don't care that much. Will still support though. Don't like how you can play for any country now, it lost it's essence.

Same

Adriano, now I like Marcelo and Kroos

Used to hate Busquets because of his stupid face. Now I hate every player who dives

TV, 100%.

None. I gave away my jerseys.

VAR, definitely. VAR is not the problem, it is the rules that are badly imagined, like the offside rule.

NO. Completely wrong.

NO. We have CL and EL, which is just fine.

Don't care the slightest. I love women, but when I watch football I want to watch quality football played by supreme athletes, and they can provide neither.

At the moment: Jose Mourinho

Anything Recoba scored was gold. He didn't score them ordinary. Particularly liked Roma Laughing

Who's your favorite commentator? Don't have one.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:56 pm

FC Bayern.

It must have developed starting around 1988. Memories of that time are very vague and blurry.

I assume it is because of a neighbourhood friend, and because of peer pressure in my youth football club, and then also because of my cousin.
When I was 7, I joined a football club in a near borough, and most kids in the team were Bayern fans.
More importantly, I would always play, on the street and on a nearby pitch, with an older neighbour kid who played as a striker in that same club and who basically taught me and practised with me, and he was an ardent Bayern fan.
My brother is a huge Bayern fan too, but interestingly that's not something we shared too much when I was a kid - he's six years older and was playing top level Basketball in his youth (our town's basketball club was very good back then) and bonding over football wasn't something we did until much later; I don't remember his Bayern fandom as being very pronounced when we were kids.
But one of my cousins is a Bayern fan too, he also played football, and we'd often spend holidays with our families together, and that surely hardened my Bayern affinity as well. I remember we threw a hissy fit once when our day trip on a holiday Saturday took us so long we missed the chance to watch the Sportschau in the hotel.
My parents are not native to the area where I grew up (northern Bavaria), they're both from the far west of Germany, and so the Bayern connection isn't actually there in my family on the level of the parent generation.
My dad is rather anti-Bayern.. if it was up to him, I'd be a Kaiserslautern fan lol.

I'm not sure about the full lineup, but the team had Auge (Augenthaler), Wiggerl Kögl, Hansi Pflügler and Roland Wohlfahrt in it. And also a certain Hansi Flick Proud
Coach back then was a certain J. Heynckes, whatever became of him.

Then, I do remember Bayern bought two foreign strikers, Radmilo Mihailovic and Alan McInally, for the new season, and they became my favourite players as I simply LOVED saying their names out loud.
Their names also were parodied in the press into Mihailo-nix and McI-nully as they didn't turn out too prolific, but I found their real names much funnier.

There also was one player, Armin Eck, who moved from my hometown lower division club (then at its all time peak in 2nd BuLi) to Bayern in that time so that was another source of pride. He didn't feature much though.

So what you millenials have to realize is that back then, one rarely got to see full matches.
There was no internet, no streaming, the main venue to consume football was the Saturday night Sportschau (like Match Of The Day), so you'd see 6-7 minute long clips of the games.
I don't remember seeing any European competition games at all back then; we had no pay TV, we didn't even have 'Privatfernsehen' (private enterprise TV stations for which you'd need cable, or satellite), we only had the 3 public broadcasting channels (2 nationwide channels and one from the state).
In fact, my dad only got us a TV for the 1986 World Cup, and that's probably when my first contact with football happened. I don't really remember watching any particular match from that tournament though.

I do very well remember my first full Bayern game however. My local football club chartered a bus and drove the U8, U10, U12 teams to München in 1989.
There we watched the mighty FC Bayern thrash a hopeless Bochum team 5-1 in the old Olympiastadion (well mostly I watched the scoreboard as we were much to far away and high up to see anything meaningful on the pitch).
And guess who scored a brace? Alan McInally Proud

Another game I do remember is the Germany-Serbia game in the 1990 WC group, when Lothar Matthäus made that run and smashed the ball in goal. Amazing.

Spoiler:

So if I was more of a local patriot, I guess I would not be a Bayern fan but a Club fan. The Club, that's the 1. FC Nürnberg.
My hometown and  surrounding doesn't have a 1st division club, and the nearest one is the Club. Also, where I'm from people decidedly do not consider themselves Bavarians 'ethnically', though the area is part of Bavaria. Still, there's a lot of Bayern support in the area.
At some point as a kid, I developed some sympathy for Fortuna Düsseldorf, strangely, because I was a fan of their coach Aleksandar Ristić. Apparently I had a thing for Yugoslavian names back then.

Later, as a grungy teen, I flirted with the idea of supporting a cooler, and more politically avant-garde, club in SC Freiburg, but it really never happened for me. I was stuck with Bayern, back then the uncoolest thing you could possibly do, be a Bayern fan.

As I wrote, where I grew up, the 1.FC Nürnberg is equally popular as the FC Bayern.
I've since been living in Berlin for a long time, so here we have the Hertha, but "popular" isn't the word that comes to mind. It's more like a scourge Laughing
Berlin support is basically split between Hertha (west) and Union (east), with the part colorful, part white-supremacist support of BFC Dynamo thrown in (the team the East German state security service chief Mielke was an ardent fan of and which, magically, would dominate the East German league on that basis.) But at the same time, many Berliners are Dortmund fans (so many), and quite some are Bayern fans too. Then, you have a lot of wannabe cool, yet basically glory-hunting, students in this city, which means Werder Bremen was very en vogue in the 2000s, lots of bars showing Werder games, then of course they all became Kloppmund fans around 2010..

I am passionate, alright, and it shows on match days and in the effect games have on my mood. I've gotten unbelievably nervous on occasion, in CL knockouts, and losses darken my mood and my outlook on life significantly.
It should make no sense either way, as it shouldn't be affecting the fundamentals of my life, but you can't imagine what a good mood and positive feeling I have the day after, say, a 7-2 win in London Laughing

Greatest joy: I guess two Robben goals, one in 2013, and one, maybe even more unbelievable, at Old Trafford in 2010... then Roy Makaay scoring after 10 seconds vs Real, and Luca Toni scoring 2 goals late in ET against Getafe
Worst disappointment Chelsea 2012, even worse than 1999 for me. Third in line, in my feeling, is losing (being robbed in) the semis against Real 2018.

I'm pretty sure I haven't.

VfB Stuttgart, followed by Schalke

There's no football without ultras, they are what football is about both in the good and in the bad, and their atmosphere creation is essential to my TV experience :coffee:

Of all the many people who earn obscenely too much money, I'm the least bothered about footballers

I'm generally anti the German NT and all that surrounds it, for complicated, Germany-specific, inherited and deep-seated political reasons, convictions and persuasions. It is not important to me, or rather it's not important that it wins.
I did grow fond of it when it became more immigrant-friendly and thereby also better in quality, Özil, Boateng, and when it was congruous with Jupp's Bayern. I did celebrate the 2014 WC win. But I've grown apart again, and now with Müller, Boateng, Özil, Hummels kicked out I want to see it suffer.
I hate Bierhoff, I hate Löw, I hate whoever is heading the DFB.

Definitively, 100% my club

1980s/90s Klaus Augenthaler and Lothar, 2000s Roy Makaay and Ronaldinho, 2010s Jerome Boateng and Alaba, now Müller and Phonzie

Pippo.

At this moment: Pique.

I do prefer watching on the TV, and important games in the pub.
I'm not naturally inclined to be loud and rowdy in large groups of men, I don't really get off on that, I want to see replays, and the Olympiastadion in Berlin is a terrible place to watch football too.

I do go there now and then, preferably when Bayern come to town, I've been to the Alte Försterei (Union stadium) a few times which is a far better experience but nothing too special either, and I do like to go to a local 4th division team occasionally, where there are just a couple hundred fans and where the ground is nearby my place. Not to mention tickets are cheap.
But my proper football-watching place is in front of a screen.

I've got a 1997/98 Mario Basler shirt, which is a bit tight now, and I drink from a FCB cup every morning, which a mate once had me sent as a somewhat lazy and I assume semi-ironic birthday gift  

I am pro VAR, no question. I am not happy with its current implemetation in Bundesliga or in PL though.

Nope

Nope

I am sympathetic towards it, but I don't really care about it.
I'm not invested and it often seems a bit too low intensity, and low stakes, to me to watch it without being invested.
I also strongly do NOT feel that I need to bring myself to care for it out of reasons of equal rights. I spend a huge part of my life on men's football already, I have to draw a line somewhere.
Doesn't mean that I might not start watching it, and that I might not love it, at some point. At the moment I don't really care.

Hmm. Impossible to decide between Jupp and Ottmar

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:06 pm

Great post Hans. Great thread Robes.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:01 pm

Lucifer wrote:Great post Hans. Great thread Robes.

^ I 've opened it because we are fan from different places  (that's one of best things on GL, you can meet posters from every place, it covers all the 5 Continents) ,   we've   different backgrounds etc it means you can read the most different stories.

I 've read  them all, I thank everyone, very interesting .  And I was sure  that Hapless would not have disappointed tbh

I remembered that  him and me are very similar about Club / National Team. I remember Sepi had opened a thread what you you prefer, your club to get a   treble season   or your National Team to win WC ... and I remember that me  and the German were between the few ppl really convinced about  chosing club .
( we 're also among those few posters to have seen  both things :coffee: Me, him , and Fussball  hmm  )

P.s. you should respond too Razz
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:53 pm

Robespierre wrote:^ I 've opened it because we are fan from different places  (that's one of best things on GL, you can meet posters from every place, it covers all the 5 Continents) ,   we've   different backgrounds etc it means you can read the most different stories.

It is priceless, so much experience and knowledge shared
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:35 am

Arsenal and My local club Perspolis

first season i could properly call my self Arsenal fan was 2002/03 but l already had interest before that

Seaman,Luzhny,Touré,Keown,Cole,Wiltord,Parlour,Gilberto,Pirès,Bergkamp,Henry

My first tournament was WC 98
But as for european club football, my first memories are bundesliga
what was the name of that show in which a cat delivered tomorrows newspaper early to his owner?dubbed version of it was on our tv back then and i sometimes found that more thrilling than Bundesliga back then  but first PL season that was shown was 02/03
Not sure which Arsenal Match was the first one i watched but first one i can properly remember was that Leeds game that ended title hopes
i recall my Mother came in and was shocked
+Why are you so upset?
-The team that we wanted to Win the League lost its chance

also has to be noted Saturday/Sunday aren't our weekend plus time difference which has/had its advantage/disadvantage
Saturday early kick off ,time difference could come to my help to get back home from school to watch the match but also meant CL Matches (kicking off 23:15 our time was quite a challenge for a kid who wants to go to school the day after  Sad
and my Mum constantly telling me these players aren't going to help you with your studies tomorrow  Laughing  Heart  

First fall in love with Henry and Bergkamp and then the the more i watched the more i liked style of football

Not sure but maybe Milan

Perspolis
but from European clubs its between RM and Barca to the point some people expect everyone support one of them and some are shocked when i say i have no preference between them two
but amongst English clubs clearly Man utd
Juve was very popular(still is) but after calciopoli it felt like some of their fans disappeared lol

im mostly calm ,not one to shout and run around and prefer to watch football alone but results clearly have big impact on my mood

Invincibles

if i could change two match results from 2000s one is clearly that 2006 CL final(the other 2002 WC qualifier vs Bahrain

2006 final closest

Manchester united

essential for creating atmosphere but have negative part about them too

its right imo given all sacrifice and effort they have to make to reach top level

used to ,but now its vanishing but reasons for it are for another topic

Club

Henry
Özil
when i look back,back then i liked most of Arsenal players now not many

Shawscross,van Nistelrooy,Keane
although back in those days it was Hatred but now i can appreciate great players for their quality even if i dont like them like Roy Keane for example

TV but wish tactical camera was available to everyone
at least during World cups you get to see some pretty women in the crowd  Razz  but for club football im fuming when camera is zoomed on coaches bald head,i want too see team shape/spacing in different phases you scrub  Evil or Very Mad

Couple of shirts and Mugs

pro VAR but we are in VAR trial and error era so have to bear with it until they get it right

Absolutely NOT

No and if  i had any doubts in my mind these recent runs of Atalanta and RBL made my mind up for sure

not much but would be supportive if someone close to me was trying to get into it

Sir Arsene Wenger
probably most of us overseas Arsenal fans wouldn't have been a Gooner if not for his influence  Molenation

atm Klopp

Henry vs RM 2006
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content