El Gunner
BarrileteCosmico
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Memphis Depay  Empty Memphis Depay

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:29 pm

Welcome to the club!

This young buck at a very green 26 will add some much needed fresh legs to the team, looking forward to his contributions

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Memphis Depay  Empty Re: Memphis Depay

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:37 pm

have to pray those legs stay injury-free thooooo
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:16 am

No idea how to feel about this. Decent player i guess :/ but his rap videos is stuff of nightmares

I'm sure we could do much better
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:31 am

I'll say it again, from Eto'o to Henry to Villa to Suarez, and nowadays to Braithwaite and Depay. Yay~
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:57 am

Unbelievable stuff once again. This is a direct transfer wish from Koeman. Typical small club coach signing. You will offload him in a season, like you did with Vidal and should have with Coutinho and Griezmann.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:07 am

Dont think it's confirmed. Not a good signing though. He is not a striker and certainly not someone who can play with Messi.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:24 am

Yeah you're right, it's not. I jumped the gun a little but it seems like he's a Koeman request so he'll probably make it in
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:29 am

alexjanosik wrote:Not a good signing though. He is not a striker and certainly not someone who can play with Messi.

agreed
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:07 pm

Not good for Barcelona.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:52 pm

Lyon director says no offer has been made. Thank you my man.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:27 pm

Well better late than never Smile
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:36 pm

Very Happy Very Happy
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:44 pm

So he was signed on a 2 year deal? Laughing

Win win for Barca. The only loser here is Depay
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:10 am

I feel zero excitment whatsoever, none lol.... looking at his record, 2 goals in 33 game for Man U.... thats depressing enough loooooooooooool
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:58 am

ehh isn't it better to go by his stats for Lyon? lol
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:36 am

I predict a front line of Depay, Aguero/Fati and Messi on matchday 1.

I am willing to say, he will better suited to that role than Griezmann. But this isnt saying much and have no idea how successful he will actually be.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:19 pm

Depay is a weird one.

When he was younger he was a winger who tried doing his own CR impression. After he moved to Lyon he bulked up and was mostly playing in a front two. Under Koeman he was leading the line and I think he was playing as a sole CF this year for Lyon as well (need to check).

He likes the ball at his feet and dropping into the left half space. His 1v1 dribbling is eh. He's still a much better ball carrier than Griezmann though. I recall a lot of his goals coming from either set pieces or shots from the edge of the box. I watched his goals this season and he had a fair few ugly goals (tap ins etc), which is reassuring.

It'll be interesting to see how he does. I didn't think he was Barca quality. More of an Arsenal-level player. I'm curious to see how he adapts. Barca have needed a runner from the left since Neymar left, but it seems like Memphis is more of a 9 or 9.5 these days.

Fati is the best choice on the LW right now, based on dynamics, but who knows how he recovers from his meniscus injury that injury ruined Mendy. There's also the CF position up for grabs. Griezmann is meh there, Aguero is old and never actually played well with Messi in Argentina. Then there's Depay who is similar to Griezmann in that he wants the ball to his feet, but unlike Griezmann I think Depay has the physical qualities to adapt better. Also, the fact all three of them are short could be another issue too. Man this team is awfully managed. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:32 pm

As with the other transfers, the biggest positive is that he comes as a free agent. However I think he is entering his prime right about now and could actually be useful to us

Basically getting him for a €0 fee matters more than whether actually he fits into the team, not blaming Laporta here, he works with the tools that he inherited
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:20 pm

So are we making any progress on selling Griezmann or... ? Hope he has a killer euro and psg has to take him in
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:20 pm

Sadly no rumors as of late linking Greaseman to a move away from Barca. I'm not sure who would want him now other than PSG. Back to atleti? Manutd? I havent seen any reports tbh
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:50 pm

straight up swap with Lacazette?
Memphis Depay  200.gif?cid=85b9463d5mm7kptkg108zcpzo2izgpvgz5kr90120w51yne9&rid=200
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:57 pm

Memphis Depay  2a4V
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:07 am

Casciavit wrote:Depay is a weird one.

When he was younger he was a winger who tried doing his own CR impression. After he moved to Lyon he bulked up and was mostly playing in a front two. Under Koeman he was leading the line and I think he was playing as a sole CF this year for Lyon as well (need to check).

He likes the ball at his feet and dropping into the left half space. His 1v1 dribbling is eh. He's still a much better ball carrier than Griezmann though. I recall a lot of his goals coming from either set pieces or shots from the edge of the box. I watched his goals this season and he had a fair few ugly goals (tap ins etc), which is reassuring.

It'll be interesting to see how he does. I didn't think he was Barca quality. More of an Arsenal-level player. I'm curious to see how he adapts. Barca have needed a runner from the left since Neymar left, but it seems like Memphis is more of a 9 or 9.5 these days.

Fati is the best choice on the LW right now, based on dynamics, but who knows how he recovers from his meniscus injury that injury ruined Mendy. There's also the CF position up for grabs. Griezmann is meh there, Aguero is old and never actually played well with Messi in Argentina. Then there's Depay who is similar to Griezmann in that he wants the ball to his feet, but unlike Griezmann I think Depay has the physical qualities to adapt better. Also, the fact all three of them are short could be another issue too. Man this team is awfully managed. Laughing

He does want the ball to feet, but I am seeing some encouraging signs of movement without the ball. He seems more than willing to make runs behind the defence in those quick combination moments and seems to have good timing. He also seems to have maximum confidence, I dont expect this Greizmann issue of him scoring 5 games in a row to then go 8 without a goal. I sense Depay will do very well or be absolutely hopeless with no in between Laughing

Defensively, im curious. He clearly has no responsibility to get behind the ball. He is firmly part of the first line. Unfortunately, so is Messi and so would be Aguero. Depay will have to adapt to this and I dont know what that looks like, especially as he is 100% a better quick transition player than Aguero. Doesnt make sense to have Depay but limit his ability to be part of direct transitions.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:33 am

I've watched Depay since his emergence under Phillip Cocu in PSV and highly vouch for his signing as yes his period in United was unimpressive but he has evolved and found a semblance of who he was originally.

If played correct he should turn out to be a very good signing.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:00 am

The Franchise wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Depay is a weird one.

He does want the ball to feet, but I am seeing some encouraging signs of movement without the ball. He seems more than willing to make runs behind the defence in those quick combination moments and seems to have good timing. He also seems to have maximum confidence, I dont expect this Greizmann issue of him scoring 5 games in a row to then go 8 without a goal. I sense Depay will do very well or be absolutely hopeless with no in between Laughing

Defensively, im curious. He clearly has no responsibility to get behind the ball. He is firmly part of the first line. Unfortunately, so is Messi and so would be Aguero. Depay will have to adapt to this and I dont know what that looks like, especially as he is 100% a better quick transition player than Aguero. Doesnt make sense to have Depay but limit his ability to be part of direct transitions.

Depay is definitely arrogant. I remember Juninho complaining about him last month. He was saying Depay wants the team built around him like he's a Messi or Ronaldo, and he would complain about certain players not starting. Juninho also bitched about him not pressing and said he wasn't that level of player to justify that treatment. Laughing

The thing is though for players who are big fishes in small ponds, a team like Barca humbles them quick because of the Messi factor. So I would be surprised if he came in with the same attitude he had at Lyon. At the same time though I can't really see him becoming a bitch like Griezzman did. Laughing

He feels like the kind of player who will contribute to another CL humiliation. Square peg in a round hole. The only good thing about him is he was a free signing and he does have the physical qualities to potentially adapt. We'll have to wait and see.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next