Mr Nick09
Myesyats
Robespierre
El Gunner
S
48 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL : Cristiano Ronaldo returns to United - Page 4 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Cristiano Ronaldo returns to United

Post by Vibe Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 15:18

Juventus Laughing

It's still a decent squad though, maybe Allegri can do something.

Ronaldo is completely right in my opinion. He joined with world class ambitions, and Juve didn't follow up. Sarri didn't work out as imagined, and then they hired Pirlo :facepalm:

When you sign one of two of the best players in the world, you need to have a project to match. Juve simply didn't, and you have to love the narrative that they created so that Ronaldo gets the blame. It also seems to have worked.

Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL : Cristiano Ronaldo returns to United - Page 4 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Cristiano Ronaldo returns to United

Post by M99 Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 15:24

Robespierre wrote:Image if Serie A lose Donnarumma, Hakimi, Lukaku , Cristiano Ronaldo in same session... Laughing

all players in top 11 Serie A last year

Kessie is gonna leave on free next year too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 15:57

Vibe wrote:Juventus Laughing

It's still a decent squad though, maybe Allegri can do something.

Ronaldo is completely right in my opinion. He joined with world class ambitions, and Juve didn't follow up. Sarri didn't work out as imagined, and then they hired Pirlo :facepalm:

When you sign one of two of the best players in the world, you need to have a project to match. Juve simply didn't, and you have to love the narrative that they created so that Ronaldo gets the blame. It also seems to have worked.

Tbh covid fucked us too. Pre-covid, the board had approved a €300M capital increase to help improve the squad.

Once covid happened, all that money was used to cover the losses.

Terrible mercato decisions + covid made this entire project a failure.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 15:59

Vibe wrote:When you sign one of two of the best players in the world, you need to have a project to match. Juve simply didn't, and you have to love the narrative that they created so that Ronaldo gets the blame. It also seems to have worked.
Welcome to FC Barcelona since 2014. Imagine not making the best out of the best footballer in history.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 16:50

M99 wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Image if Serie A lose Donnarumma, Hakimi, Lukaku , Cristiano Ronaldo in same session... Laughing

and of course some Inter player too because we 've that disgrace of Suning
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 16:52

M99 wrote:

Kessie (c) can stay in Serie A by coming home next summer
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 17:04

danyjr wrote:
Vibe wrote:When you sign one of two of the best players in the world, you need to have a project to match. Juve simply didn't, and you have to love the narrative that they created so that Ronaldo gets the blame. It also seems to have worked.
Welcome to FC Barcelona since 2014. Imagine not making the best out of the best footballer in history.

It's embarrassing really.

How hard was it to sign a couple of athletic midfielders and one or two industrious wingers to make up for Messi's shortcomings and let him do his thing? Laughing Bernardo Silva, Kante, Fabinho, Goretzka, etc.. were all realistic transfers that would've cost less and made more sense than Coutinho, Griezmann, Dembélé...
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 17:52

danyjr wrote:Cowardiola and Ronaldo? I doubt it. Baldy doesn't have the balls to deal with personalities like him.

Kaladin wrote:My gut tells me this will happen

Something has got Ronaldo spooked, whether its Messi at PSG or wasting away his final years with a Juve side that degrading

CBarca wrote:I would kill to see Messi and Ronaldo on the same team omg

Messi and Ronaldo in one team would be the absolute apex, of course, but in the absence of that happening, Ronaldo playing for Pep really is the next best thing. This is fucking epic :bow:

Football writes the best stories.
And then what this means for Man United fans rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 18:00

United fans might yet rejoice if Retirement-Ronaldo flops at City.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 21:11

Seems it's happening.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 21:14

Curious as to why United aren't in for him.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 21:32

^^they a broke bitch
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 21:35

They are all professionals, but with all of his United past, it would still feel like a dick move if he joined City.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 21:54

The Demon of Carthage wrote:They are all professionals, but with all of his United past, it would still feel like a dick move if he joined City.

Like with Rafa becoming Everton's manager, I think there's an understanding - among the sensible fans anyway - that Ronaldo (and Rafa) didn't have many equally good options on the table.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 22:05

vibes

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 22:15

This might be a hot take, but is Ronaldo even that big of a historical figure in Man U's history? Laughing Half his time there was spent as a promising talent with little end product. He had like two truly world-class seasons with them tbh.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 22:21

I think Ronaldo always remembers Utd because he saw Sir Alex as his father figure.

He also appreciates how much respect he got when he played for Utd while not having been given the same affection/protection from the Madrid fans/hierachy. But he spent his prime at Madrid and thats where he made his name and could win all his balon d'ors.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 0:01

Looks like it’s a done deal him to City by the end of the week. City will pay 30m.

Messi to PSG
Ronaldo to City

Messi + Ramos Laughing
Ronaldo + Pep Laughing

What timeline is this, now all we need is for Poch to get sacked and Mou to PSG.

@Casciavit what’s our boy thinking of this time quarter finals or semifinals with CR7 as DM and Rodri as striker?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 0:23

farfan wrote:This might be a hot take, but is Ronaldo even that big of a historical figure in Man U's history? Laughing Half his time there was spent as a promising talent with little end product. He had like two truly world-class seasons with them tbh.

He's regarded as a legend. Even SAF called him his best ever player, and when he came back to face them with Madrid in 2013, he got a standing ovation at Old Trafford.

He went there an 18-year old boy and left them a full-fledged BdO winner.

Signing for City would be a monumental mistake, if you ask me. I know I would be furious with him if he signed with Atlético or Barça, even at 40 years of age and no discernable talent left in him whatsoever.

I would understand such a move if he needed money, but he's a millionnaire. Why would you risk putting a huge dent on your United legacy for a couple seasons with their crosstown rival?

Of course we will have to wait and see if these rumors have any truth to them, but I hope he's not stupid enough to do such a move.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 0:48

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
farfan wrote:This might be a hot take, but is Ronaldo even that big of a historical figure in Man U's history? Laughing Half his time there was spent as a promising talent with little end product. He had like two truly world-class seasons with them tbh.

He's regarded as a legend. Even SAF called him his best ever player, and when he came back to face them with Madrid in 2013, he got a standing ovation at Old Trafford.

Signing for City would be a monumental mistake, if you ask me. I know I would be furious with him if he signed with Atlético or Barça, even at 40 years of age and no discernable talent left in him whatsoever.

I would understand such a move if he needed money, but he's a millionnaire. Why would you risk putting a huge dent on your United legacy for a couple seasons with their crosstown rival?

Of course we will have to wait and see if these rumors have any truth to them, but I hope he's not stupid enough to do such a move.

For club yes, he would be considered a legend, but among United fans its always seemed indifferent some adore him, love him like a legend, while others don't care about him. Before his move to Madrid he basically said he was a slave at United, on top of that during a time when Munich disaster victims/families were present Ronaldo had an attitude and face up when he was there in front of them apparently SaF did a good job at covering it but many fans despise him for this, even on redcafe for the past couple of years there Ronaldo V Messi topic the votes favor Messi at 60%.

Ronaldo isn't going to City for just money its Ballon D'or and CL he wants, right now the favorites are City, Chelsea and PSG. Messi going to PSG also probably played apart in him switching over, reports in Italy only City have shown interest in him.

Ronaldo simply never has cared about any club, its always about him and HIS legacy not a legacy at any club. I read on twitter CR7 has already spoken to SAF and told him about his move to City and why, which SAF has wished him the best and understand his decision.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 8:43

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 10:33

Winter is Coming wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:

For club yes, he would be considered a legend, but among United fans its always seemed indifferent some adore him, love him like a legend, while others don't care about him. Before his move to Madrid he basically said he was a slave at United, on top of that during a time when Munich disaster victims/families were present Ronaldo had an attitude and face up when he was there in front of them apparently SaF did a good job at covering it but many fans despise him for this, even on redcafe for the past couple of years there Ronaldo V Messi topic the votes favor Messi at 60%.

Ronaldo isn't going to City for just money its Ballon D'or and CL he wants, right now the favorites are City, Chelsea and PSG. Messi going to PSG also probably played apart in him switching over, reports in Italy only City have shown interest in him.

Ronaldo simply never has cared about any club, its always about him and HIS legacy not a legacy at any club. I read on twitter CR7 has already spoken to SAF and told him about his move to City and why, which SAF has wished him the best and understand his decision.

Fully agree with this. It has nothing to do with money. Just like Messi, he wants one last attempt for glory (CL+B'dor). He knows he cant win B'dor this season. A CL next season can make this possible (WC22 wont have any effect). I doubt he ever cared about loyalty. thats the last thing in his mind.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 10:57

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 11:18

cryin
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 13:46

🚨 Max Allegri: "Yesterday, Ronaldo told me that he no longer has any intention to play for Juventus. He is not available for tomorrow's match against Empoli. He's going to look for a new club after three years here." (Source: Press Conference

It's done. Let's move on.

I'm happy that we are moving in on from him but I'm incredibly disappointed we couldn't do anything in the CL with him. Terrible planning + covid made this project an epic failure.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 13:47

Come on PSG let it happen.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next