Casciavit
S
rincon
BarcaLearning
Arquitecto
32 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Roma Edition - Page 2 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Roma Edition

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 05, 2021 4:10 pm

JespSwe wrote:expectation is going to be enormous on AS Roma. interesting that right after announcement, AS Roma publicly traded stock went up.

dunno if Roma and mourinho is a good fit because mourinho is a demanding guy to his players and to his employer. We have seen this before. could be that he may do this gig short term before another good opportunity opens elsewhere.

good opportunity!!! This is a much better than expected opportunity for him. He is finished, over the hill, etc. At best he will only last only 2 years and the left over carnage will be left for the board to clean up.

I'm with Hans on this! what was the Roma board thinking? Have they not payed attention to what has happened in his last 4 appointments (or opportunities scratch ).

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Roma Edition - Page 2 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Roma Edition

Post by titosantill Wed May 05, 2021 4:21 pm

damn this is guy has had a steady fall , roma of all places. it might be the best spot for him, little expectations
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Wed May 05, 2021 5:40 pm

I know which club I will be supporting next season
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed May 05, 2021 10:29 pm

lmao huntsman never disappoints......i was just saying to myself "i wonder if that dude who supports mourinho would follow him down this proverbial 'rabit hole'"?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 05, 2021 11:25 pm

Lol, we haven’t heard from him in 2 years!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 06, 2021 10:57 pm

We leaked goals like a sieve this season.

It's high time we've had a coach that emphasizes defense. We can and likely always will score goals. Just need a good defense to go with it.

The one player in our squad that I think will truly benefit from Mou is Mancini. Already a good defender. Mou can turn him into a great one.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 06, 2021 11:15 pm

McLewis wrote:We leaked goals like a sieve this season.

It's high time we've had a coach that emphasizes defense. We can and likely always will score goals. Just need a good defense to go with it.

The one player in our squad that I think will truly benefit from Mou is Mancini. Already a good defender. Mou can turn him into a great one.

Mou put a lot of work and faith into Eric Dier and managed to turn him into a fantastic CB

And by fantastic I mean he's as shit as he ever was.

For the Roma fans here I hope he can give them improvement, but I would be wary of his ability to even improve the defenders. Tottenham's defense was horrid, by and large
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 06, 2021 11:49 pm

Spurs leaked goals too I'm afraid
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri May 07, 2021 1:20 am

CBarca wrote:

Mou put a lot of work and faith into Eric Dier and managed to turn him into a fantastic CB

And by fantastic I mean he's as shit as he ever was.

For the Roma fans here I hope he can give them improvement, but I would be wary of his ability to even improve the defenders. Tottenham's defense was horrid, by and large

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Spurs leaked goals too I'm afraid

Figured I'd answer you both:

Well Spurs conceded 38 times to Roma's 50 this season. Back when he was with Inter, they conceded 34 and 32 times respectively during his 2 season stint. So that's about in line with what we should expect from him returning to Serie A. I don't expect us to concede less than 20 goals. Not even Conte's Juve managed that (20 conceded was their best). I'm just not expecting to see 50 again. Even small progress is progress.

Moreover, Spurs lost only twice by 3 or more goals this season. Roma? 5 times. I will take multiple narrow losses over several big ones all day.

Last thing I'll say is that Inter went undefeated in Serie A under Mourinho in both his seasons. His tactics clearly suit Serie A a lot better than the PL so while this is an entirely different prospect for him, not having the resources he had back then, he's not used to losing in this league and will want to keep it that way. That could be a good omen for us.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri May 07, 2021 1:33 am

Man this dude can't stay still and wait the right moment to come back after being sacked. Joining one trainwreck of a team after another. It's definitely gonna bring some entertainment to italian football, but I just don't see how it's going to be a success for him and for Roma. He's not the type of manager to develop players, and Roma's roster currently is too far from the level required to contend.

I'm afraid this is gonna go poorly for him and that soon he'll be forced to China/MLS or coaching the NTs
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 07, 2021 8:36 am

Mourinho is not going to improve anything or anyone, but is going to fuck everything up as he does
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri May 07, 2021 10:06 am

Tis already known it won't be a success, the only question is how much damage he will leave behind. Given that after being sacked he pocketed 30m last time around, i don't blame him for job hopping and playing the field like that.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri May 07, 2021 2:31 pm

The numbers say differently, guys.

Like I said, Mou wouldn't have been my first choice, but here we are. He's a shrewd pick from the Friedkins and Pinto.

He hasn't coached in Serie A in 10 years so that's a mark against him, I suppose, but to say he'll fail here just because he didn't do as well in the Prem isn't a fair comparison. 2 very different leagues and tactical styles.

As has been pointed out, Fonseca's football failed in Serie A, but may flourish in the Prem if he gets the Crystal Palace job.

If Jose's to fail, I doubt it will be him that triggers it. Roma are Roma for a reason. This coaching seat is among the toughest in Europe. Jose wants a challenge and he's found one.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri May 07, 2021 2:57 pm

@mclewis, i may be wrong, but i doubt inter went undefeated under mourinho in serie a in his two seasons...i highly doubt that cos that's something he would have bragged about. and i remember them losing to juve like once or twice (one of the last serie a games i watched live on tv)
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri May 07, 2021 3:36 pm

titosantill wrote:@mclewis, i may be wrong, but i doubt inter went undefeated under mourinho in serie a in his two seasons...i highly doubt that cos that's something he would have bragged about. and i remember them losing to juve like once or twice (one of the last serie a games i watched live on tv)

I think he meant undefeated in the sense that he won the scudetto in both seasons
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri May 07, 2021 4:40 pm

So I read actually Roma is paying him like half of what he got at Spurs? And due to a clause or whatever in the Spurs contract, him going to Roma means they wont have to compensate him fully, just partially. I guess not as bad financial pov from the clubs as I thought.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri May 07, 2021 5:01 pm

rincon wrote:
titosantill wrote:@mclewis, i may be wrong, but i doubt inter went undefeated under mourinho in serie a in his two seasons...i highly doubt that cos that's something he would have bragged about. and i remember them losing to juve like once or twice (one of the last serie a games i watched live on tv)

I think he meant undefeated in the sense that he won the scudetto in both seasons

oh thanks....still not a big deal, very little sample size. i give him major props for the treble though
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 07, 2021 8:38 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
JespSwe wrote:expectation is going to be enormous on AS Roma. interesting that right after announcement, AS Roma publicly traded stock went up.

dunno if Roma and mourinho is a good fit because mourinho is a demanding guy to his players and to his employer. We have seen this before. could be that he may do this gig short term before another good opportunity opens elsewhere.

good opportunity!!! This is a much better than expected opportunity for him. He is finished, over the hill, etc. At best he will only last only 2 years and the left over carnage will be left for the board to clean up.

I'm with Hans on this! what was the Roma board thinking? Have they not payed attention to what has happened in his last 4 appointments (or opportunities scratch ).

i agree that he has been downhill a bit - but if i recall correctly, mourinho did win EL and FA cup i think and also made manutd qualify for CL reaching 2nd, despite having big issues with Ed Woodward

when ole took over i wouldnt say things improve drastically. their recent upturn has a lot to do with signings than coach.

but roma is a different place, they cant afford a multi million dollar signing so i think eventually it may come clashing with mourinho complaining about lac k of signings.

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 07, 2021 11:41 pm

It's not because he's failed in the prem but more because he's an absolute dinosaur who can't even cut it at Spurs. I'm not sure there are numbers that tell a positive story of Mourinho in the last several years.

But I'm glad you're seeing the positive side and I hope that he works out for you. It's just that United fans told Spurs fans off when he signed with them only for many of them to put the blinders on and now a bunch of them feel like idiots. Should be expected that United/Spurs fans give Roma fans some caution.

Just glad that parasite is out of Tottenham. Even Ryan Mason has the team playing better and that boy is hardly out of high school
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat May 08, 2021 2:17 pm

rincon wrote:

Sorry, yes. That's what I mean. He lost a few games with Inter, but not many at all.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat May 08, 2021 2:23 pm

@CBarca I suppose I'm not ready to transfer a failure at Spurs to an automatic failure at Roma. Let's chalk that up to cautious optimism. The chances are high this will blow up in everyone's faces, but it's useful to look at this from Roma's perspective: We have tried just about every coaching profile that could be tried. The only one that remains is someone of Mou's stature in the game, even if its on the wane.

I mean he's joining us at a time when we're most likely to finish no better than 7th in Serie A. If this doesn't work out, what will Roma have lost beyond time and money? It's a hell of a gamble, but Mou will come out the bigger loser here if it all goes sour given we're already kinda of a laughingstock.

Roma are betting on his ego and ultra-care for his reputation to help them achieve some measure of success, in whatever form that looks like.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 08, 2021 3:34 pm

McLewis, I believe you are grasping at straws. Rather than looking at what Mourinho did several years ago at Inter, take a closer look at what happened at Madrid, at Chelsea, at Man U, at Spurs. It’s the same thing, somewhat deteriorating each time, limited success in first season and collapsing afterwards and loosing team and absolute carnage left behind.

I fail to see any positives with him signing for you. The only thing you can look forward to, is you will have a new fan in Huntsman (the guys that simply follows Mourinho wherever he goes).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat May 08, 2021 10:45 pm

All Roma have are straws at the moment. We're grasping whatever we can get.

Mou can't possibly do any worse than Fonseca, EDF, Spalletti, Garcia, Zeman, and Enrique.

Last edited by McLewis on Sat May 08, 2021 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2021 10:49 pm

CBarca wrote:It's not because he's failed in the prem but more because he's an absolute dinosaur who can't even cut it at Spurs. I'm not sure there are numbers that tell a positive story of Mourinho in the last several years.

But I'm glad you're seeing the positive side and I hope that he works out for you. It's just that United fans told Spurs fans off when he signed with them only for many of them to put the blinders on and now a bunch of them feel like idiots. Should be expected that United/Spurs fans give Roma fans some caution.

Just glad that parasite is out of Tottenham. Even Ryan Mason has the team playing better and that boy is hardly out of high school

lol tbh im not also a mourinho fan he seems to have problem with atleast couple of players anywhere and everywhere he goes. that being said i think poch also had publicly hinted multiple times about the fact that team had reached its peak and they needed new signings. i guess CL final was upmost spurs could have done at that point but fact that levy didnt spend much on players because of the stadium but rather one or two big signing was to me spurs being in the state they are in i guess.

they are still sticking with eric dyers, CBs who has been been good, fullbacks too. i guess ndombele and Bergwijn really deserved more tbh. i agree though that mourinho is a ticking time kaboom XD

i agree though that mourinho isnt the solution to roma but if their owners care more about his reputation than the risk that we all know of then yep they are probably not fully aware of his history.

also btw i am wondering how much roma's current sporting manager had endorsed mourinho because he is a former benfica SD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 08, 2021 11:38 pm

McLewis wrote:@CBarca I suppose I'm not ready to transfer a failure at Spurs to an automatic failure at Roma. Let's chalk that up to cautious optimism. The chances are high this will blow up in everyone's faces, but it's useful to look at this from Roma's perspective: We have tried just about every coaching profile that could be tried. The only one that remains is someone of Mou's stature in the game, even if its on the wane.

I mean he's joining us at a time when we're most likely to finish no better than 7th in Serie A. If this doesn't work out, what will Roma have lost beyond time and money? It's a hell of a gamble, but Mou will come out the bigger loser here if it all goes sour given we're already kinda of a laughingstock.

Roma are betting on his ego and ultra-care for his reputation to help them achieve some measure of success, in whatever form that looks like.

Sorry, but hiring Mourinho is literally the worst thing any board or DoF could possibly do

I'm absolutely fucking baffled that clubs keep hiring the guy despite the evidence piling up again and again and again and again and agian and again

What the fuck is wrong with the people running your club?
Have they no clue about what's going on in football?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun May 09, 2021 12:04 am

Leave mclewis alone. Poor guy actually has to Stan his new manager.
I dislike Mourinho but I wish him the best. Time will tell whether this is a master stroke from AS Roma or a timebomb just tickering on before the explosion/implosion.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next