Casciavit
S
rincon
BarcaLearning
Arquitecto
32 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Roma Edition Empty Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Roma Edition

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2021 2:52 pm

Jose Mourinho joins AS Roma!!!

Club Official statement : https://www.asroma.com/en/news/2021/5/club-statement-jose-mourinho

Back to top Go down

Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Roma Edition Empty Re: Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Roma Edition

Post by Arquitecto Tue May 04, 2021 2:55 pm

Jesus Christ that came completely out of nowhere.

Fonseca ended up a failure in Roma despite his promise but such a big name to end up in the eternal city from oblivion has caught me by surprise.

It isn't usually what Roma aims for in their general tendency to target beautiful football but about time a true a winner takes the Roma helm, despite his notable decline.

I really dont see why he took it though. Palotta is just a plain bad owner and they barely have any players of note left but we will see won't we
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Roma Edition Empty Re: Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Roma Edition

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 04, 2021 2:58 pm

And Mou's path in the big clubs still continue Very Happy Amazing stuff really... he would always wanna make big signings, so lets see who Roma bring in this summer for sure.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2021 3:01 pm

i actually thought mou will go to germany next ...

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 04, 2021 3:13 pm

Mou trying to defend with Juan Jesus :bow:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue May 04, 2021 3:45 pm

Rename thread pls

Thanks
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue May 04, 2021 5:06 pm

How long until he inevitably implodes?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 04, 2021 5:43 pm

Last time he was in Italy it was a disaster, picked a fight with everyone and their grandmother
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 04, 2021 5:54 pm

How come he keeps fooling one club after another? Biggest scam artist of the last decade or so

He probably gets a huge comission too for no reason lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue May 04, 2021 6:11 pm

haha
finally some news where I look forward to more developments.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 04, 2021 6:22 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Last time he was in Italy it was a disaster, picked a fight with everyone and their grandmother

Results wise though, he won the freakin treble...that was prime Mourinho imo.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 04, 2021 6:25 pm

I read that hes still one of the most sought after coaches, and therefore commands very high salary and relatively long contracts, meaning if clubs sack him too soon, they would have the pay him the compensation for the reminder, which are big amounts?

Why would clubs continue to do this? In such economics conditions? He must be extremely good at selling himself. If he isnt a coach he could be a salesman in any field I'd guess Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 04, 2021 6:26 pm

M99 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Last time he was in Italy it was a disaster, picked a fight with everyone and their grandmother

Results wise though, he won the freakin treble...that was prime Mourinho imo.

One can argue if hes that successful its acceptable, but nowadays he makes enemies everywhere without having success Very Happy Disaster waiting to happen in Serie A I think most would predict.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 04, 2021 9:15 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 04, 2021 9:50 pm

How did Roma afford him?

Interesting choice though. Roma isn't the sort of club you'd associate mourinho with but it's a results business in the end so if he gets that for them then win win.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed May 05, 2021 12:58 am

First time ever I really hope Mourinho succeeds. I wanted to support him personally at Spurs but I hate them so couldn't do it.

Welcome back Jose.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed May 05, 2021 1:20 am

I don't like Mourinho's ways and i think he's obsolete in coaching. Bad move by Roma to hire him as if they don't follow his career in the past 5 years. That said his presence alone adds character to the league so welcome back Thumbs up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed May 05, 2021 4:10 am

RealGunner wrote:How did Roma afford him?

Interesting choice though. Roma isn't the sort of club you'd associate mourinho with but it's a results business in the end so if he gets that for them then win win.

Apparently Spurs are paying some of his wages so that appears to help quite a bit.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 05, 2021 8:01 am

Lmao

Have fun McLewis & other Roma fans. Apologies to you and your loved ones.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed May 05, 2021 8:54 am

That is an incredible signing. I don't know if it works, but incredible. So suddenly this news, not even a half rumour by Di Marzio or others

Everything was surrealistic for me yesterday
Lol I was exactly in Rome yesterday
I was waiting for bus when I heard a man who enters bar " Ohh have you heard news ? Mourinho has signed for AS Roma !! "

i couldn't believe It. Greatest WTF of the year. Moreover Sarri - Roma looked like done deailo

What a time to be alive FFS next year is going to even more exciting, if I think Sky have lost Serie A rights in favor of Dazn :facepalm:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 05, 2021 9:16 am

My sincerest condolences to @McLewis and Roma fans

this is horrible news

and what an incredible dumb thing to do from the Roma board

are these people fucking blind?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2021 3:27 pm

expectation is going to be enormous on AS Roma. interesting that right after announcement, AS Roma publicly traded stock went up.

dunno if Roma and mourinho is a good fit because mourinho is a demanding guy to his players and to his employer. We have seen this before. could be that he may do this gig short term before another good opportunity opens elsewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 05, 2021 3:49 pm

It's amazing to me that mou continues to produce such high optimism after failing in 3 clubs in a short amount of time. He's a dinosaur
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 05, 2021 3:57 pm

It's shocking, but he does have an amazing career before a pretty sudden downturn, so I see where it comes from. But these days it's just blind optimism for no good reason. He's not a good manager anymore
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 05, 2021 4:10 pm

JespSwe wrote:expectation is going to be enormous on AS Roma. interesting that right after announcement, AS Roma publicly traded stock went up.

dunno if Roma and mourinho is a good fit because mourinho is a demanding guy to his players and to his employer. We have seen this before. could be that he may do this gig short term before another good opportunity opens elsewhere.

good opportunity!!! This is a much better than expected opportunity for him. He is finished, over the hill, etc. At best he will only last only 2 years and the left over carnage will be left for the board to clean up.

I'm with Hans on this! what was the Roma board thinking? Have they not payed attention to what has happened in his last 4 appointments (or opportunities scratch ).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next