Casciavit
S
rincon
BarcaLearning
Arquitecto
32 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Roma Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Roma Edition

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun May 09, 2021 12:04 am

Leave mclewis alone. Poor guy actually has to Stan his new manager.
I dislike Mourinho but I wish him the best. Time will tell whether this is a master stroke from AS Roma or a timebomb just tickering on before the explosion/implosion.

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Roma Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Roma Edition

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 09, 2021 12:18 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:Leave mclewis alone. Poor guy actually has to Stan his new manager.
I dislike Mourinho but I wish him the best. Time will tell whether this is a master stroke from AS Roma or a timebomb just tickering on before the explosion/implosion.

You don't need to wait for "Time", I can tell you right now

OF COURSE it's not a master stroke
OF COURSE they hired a time bomb
whose fuse has shrunk over that last decade
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 09, 2021 12:19 am

I mean

who does this

what's wrong with these people?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 09, 2021 1:22 am

McLewis wrote:All Roma have are straws at the moment. We're grasping whatever we can get.

Mou can't possibly do any worse than Fonseca, EDF, Spalletti, Garcia, Zeman, and Enrique.

I would happily take Enrique and Zeman over Mou fwiw
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sun May 09, 2021 2:20 am

It's also worth mentioning that the average quality of serie a managers has improved in the last 10 years he's been abroad. And those managers are gonna push him to his tactical limit. There aren't the same amount of cakewalks in the league, and unlike that Inter, Roma have not been the dominant force of the last couple of scudettos before his takeover.

So I'm not sure at how Mourinho at his absolute peak would do with this Roma. And he's supposedly a lot worse now hmm
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun May 09, 2021 4:45 am

Totally forgot about zeman. How is that fool doing these days?

Zeman would be much more entertaining than Mourinho. Very few like him these days.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 09, 2021 5:19 am

To be clear, Tottenham's struggles are as much the team as they were Mourinho's. But he still made shocking decisions week in and week out and achieved terrible results, while once again losing the dressing room, so I don't really consider it a pass for him, although the team clearly needs an overhaul
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun May 09, 2021 5:26 am

Zeman was a disaster. People were so enamoured with his single-minded, kamikaze style attacking football, but I just didn't understand it. I prefer to see at least a balance between attacking and defending. There was none with Zeman. Just attack, attack, attack. Fun for the forwards. Awful for the defenders and keeper. I was so disenchanted watching us getting ripped open over and over again at the back. That was not fun. It was futile.

Enrique just wasn't prepared for the hot seat at that time. It chewed him up and spit him out.

Mou's football is aesthetically ugly, but the Friedkins aren't going to care much about that. They want a return on their investment, even if it means boring football. Maybe they'll get that with Mou, maybe not.

As I keep saying, Roma have absolutely nothing to lose here given we're already at a low. Can't get much lower. Mou, on the other hand, has a lot more on the line. This is a risky move for him and one he wouldn't have made 10 years ago. I think that's going drive him to get this team out of the funk it's been for the last decade in a half. The man has the ego of a time zone and if given what he needs, the club could end up cashing in on it.

Romanisti are dreamers. I'm not particularly a dreamer, but I get the sentiment and even agree with it at this point, given literally nothing else has worked. You're likely not going to find a single Romanista that opposes this move, no matter how many times Mou's failures are pointed out. I'm sure, when shit isn't going well (and those times are going to pop up), there will be gloating in this thread and a ton of "told ya so"s going around, but that's a risk that has to be taken. That's why it's called a gamble.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 09, 2021 12:11 pm

McLewis wrote:All Roma have are straws at the moment. We're grasping whatever we can get.

Mou can't possibly do any worse than Fonseca, EDF, Spalletti, Garcia, Zeman, and Enrique.

I have to say I don't see how this works.

Di Francesco took Roma to the CL semifinals

Spalletti took Roma to 2nd place with 87 points

Garcia 2nd in Serie A as well with 85 points

How is it a given that Mou does better than them? I don't see his Roma winning a scudetto, a CL, or getting 90 points. I always want Roma to do better than all the big teams in Italy except for Juve, but appointing Mou in 2021 is so strange. He will surely do better than Fonseca but I don't see him doing better than the other recent coaches.

Sarri seemed like such a logical choice
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 09, 2021 12:31 pm

McLewis wrote:
Romanisti are dreamers.

Well, that disposition will be eradicated once Mourinho is done with you
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun May 09, 2021 12:41 pm

Quite a peculiar situation when McLewis is almost explaining for Roma to GL why they hired Jose, so outraged so many here are about it.

But Roma are done with idealistic types like Zeman and Fonseca and decline aside Mourinho has a ridiculously stacked career.

Like Mourinho, Roma have nothing to lose. Its quite the perfect appointment and the backing he has having from fans already unlike Tottenham fans (do they even exist) and their pumped noise stadium crowd should galvanise him hopefully to whom he is again.

Either way we all win with this appointment.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 09, 2021 2:18 pm

Tottenham fans worshipped Mourinho because they thought he'd bring them a trophy and it's a trophy starved fanbase. It was shocking how supportive they were of Mou. They only turned on him when it was clear he was actively hurting the squad with no trophy payoff.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun May 09, 2021 8:39 pm

Just seen Roma's lineup.

I don't even know who half these players are. I'm supposed to believe Mourinho will do bits with these rejects and no names?

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sun May 09, 2021 11:51 pm

rincon wrote:

How is it a given that Mou does better than them? I don't see his Roma winning a scudetto, a CL, or getting 90 points. I always want Roma to do better than all the big teams in Italy except for Juve, but appointing Mou in 2021 is so strange. He will surely do better than Fonseca but I don't see him doing better than the other recent coaches.

I guess the counter argument for that is that Roma has been able to sneakingly construct squads that will go as far as contend for the scudetto and deep cl runs against everybody's expectations, but the trend seems to be that they always seem to crumble under the pressure of one of Italy's most fierce set of supporters (like what happens to Napoli).
Mourinho would likely be able to handle that pressure better than those managers did. And more likely to help the players navigate that pressure.

But this Roma is assembled so randomly Laughing. Dozens of CBs but with only Mancini being the quality one, abundance of attacking minded fullbacks with a questionable defense that are probably not suited for a back 4, soft and technical midfielders that Mou will probably always bench, ageing/injury prone forwards. They seem to be very far from the point in which the Mou effect could have an effect. Unless a miracle happens in the transfer window I'm not expecting much from them.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 10, 2021 7:48 pm

rincon wrote:

For me, Sarri represents more of the same: An attacked-minded coach with an eye for stylish football, but ultimately not enough attention paid to defending so the crucial results don't come in large enough numbers to win us anything of note. Sure Sarriball would've been entertaining, but what would Roma have had to show for it? Likely nothing, just like the rest. I perhaps should not have included Spalletti in that initial run down as our last meaningful silverware was won under him. My point is that Sarri would probably get us a second, but other than CL qualification, what good does that do us if we miss out yet again on the scudetto? It seems long ago, but Roma once had a reputation for being perennial also-rans given how often we finished 2nd, just failing at the final hurdles. I have no confidence that Sarri would've done better so I don't consider that a missed opportunity.

Mou has never coached a side like Roma before. He has never coached in this particular scenario before. I don't think assigning him immediate failure is particularly fair. I also don't think assigning him immediate success is appropriate either. What I'm saying is that the median for how his predecessors have done at this club is likely to be the bare minimum that he could conceivably achieve. I see few to no scenarios where he does worse than any of them. I don't think that's controversial at all.

Hapless_Hans wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Romanisti are dreamers.

Well, that disposition will be eradicated once Mourinho is done with you

It's possible. Or the opposite will happen. This situation isn't as easy to predict as it appears to be.

Casciavit wrote:Just seen Roma's lineup.

I don't even know who half these players are. I'm supposed to believe Mourinho will do bits with these rejects and no names?

Well we have very little to play for so why risk the bigger players? That's why you're seeing the deadwood and Primavera players.

If there's one name you should probably know out of that crop, it's Ebrima Darboe. The kid is really showing class with the minutes he's been given.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:15 am

Rock star reception to the best manager in the world by the fans
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:09 pm

huntsman wrote:Rock star reception to the best manager in the world by the fans

It took a while, but he’s resurfaced once again!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:24 pm

Huntsman switching his crest to Roma now Laughing Of course.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:43 am

Roma were my favorite team in Italy already so :whistle:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:24 am

I have a love affair with Roma and do not get me wrong I am over the moon with Mourinho's appointment.

The reception he has received is historic. I have never seen him this happy and it'll be an interesting tenure.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:17 pm

Biggest loss in managerial career  to norwegian farmers Laughing

shades of 5-0 vs Barca
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:36 am

So good to see, from the Special One to now getting raped by Norwegian unknowns, keep it coming Mou Very Happy Still remember when he once said iirc that he doesnt compete in Europa level comps, now hes losing in them LOL~
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:46 am

It happens to the best sometimes. I think no manager is safe from landslide defeats on the bad days. Just gotta bounce back from this.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:25 am

Yeah, like i said in the Calcio thread when he got appointed, his resignation/sacking from the club will be disastrous, especially with how Roma fans are fiery.

But he's not wrong though, Roma were dire and their backline had Reynolds, Calafiori and Kumbulla (deception avoided by Milan and Inter), its not like he's criticizing Cesc or Pogba Laughing , these posers should be ashamed to get outdone by a Conference Level team like Bodo ffs

Back to Mourinho, i think he'll stay for a bit, up until middle of next season maybe. He hasn't got the signings he wanted last summer, and the management were really keen to get Mou, plus Pinto is his buddy through (guess who) Mendes.

Newcastle awaits for Mou, once Fonseca flops inevitably and gets sacked, the post is his.

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:19 am

As bad as Roma's bench may be, losing 6-1 to a Norwegian in the conference league simply means that Mou did not prepare the game.

There is no way that Mourinho set up the game well and conceded 6 goals with players that would likely win the Norwegian league Laughing

Dissing his players like that in the media is the first sign of the Mou implosion.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:55 pm

The players themselves were not up for this and it showed in the build up.

If I'm a Bodo player, I use this as a fuel. And they did.

It's astounding how many people in and around this club confuse confidence for arrogance.

I think my biggest problem with the mentality from both Mou and the players is a distinct lack of humility. A lack of respect for the competition, the opponents and the fans. I expect that from Mou. He's built a brand on his hubris and arrogance, which often gets mistaken as confidence.

The players though? It's one thing to be arrogant and to be able to back that up. It's another to talk shit and then get absolutely smashed. And that's been our story for a long time, way before Mou. The arrogance of these players is astounding. No one has won anything. Not a single thing. Yet there's this sense of entitlement. That they are owed victories over sides like Bodo just for showing up. That's what I got from Mancini's words. And as a leader in the locker room, that sets a poor example.

We're probably going to lose to Napoli. That's not really up for debate. How we lose will really matter though.

Last edited by McLewis on Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next