farfan
BarrileteCosmico
BarcaLearning
RealGunner
Robespierre
31 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Euro 2020 - SF : Spain - Italy - Page 16 Empty Re: Euro 2020 - SF : Spain - Italy

Post by Warrior Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:05 pm

Definitely drop Immobile for the final

He could not even control the ball correctly, we are begging for scraps here

Chiesa-Insigne-Berardi was more dangerous in the few minutes they play together. Belotti don't deserve to start either, he is a late game sub at best. I wonder what's going with Emerson too

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Euro 2020 - SF : Spain - Italy - Page 16 Empty Re: Euro 2020 - SF : Spain - Italy

Post by rincon Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:08 pm

Love Jorginho. Incredible midfielder and a guarantee on penalties. As soon as Morata missed it was clear we won with him on the last pk.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:10 pm

Warrior wrote:Definitely drop Immobile for the final

Chiesa-Insigne-Berardi was more dangerous in the few minutes they play together. Belotti don't deserve to start either, he is a late game sub at best. I wonder what's going with Emerson too

Emerson was fine imo. His post was the best chance before Chiesa's goal. He had a very poor decision that killed a counter, but otherwise good game.

He is our only LB too.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:11 pm

Emerson is of the slowest wingbacks I've seen. Laughing Was he always like this?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:17 pm

He is definitely less fit than usual, but yes. Good passing, crossing, and solid play but not a runner. Basically the opposite player as Spinazzola.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:25 pm

rincon wrote:

Emerson was fine imo. His post was the best chance before Chiesa's goal. He had a very poor decision that killed a counter, but otherwise good game.

He is our only LB too.

He was fine. I meant is he injured ?

Because it makes no sense to remove a LB in 75th minute, to play your RB there (Di Lorenzo) and play Toloi RB.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:26 pm

Robespierre wrote:Inter , Bucks , Nazionale .... It sounds as an insane year for me ...
it does sound good, and happy for you, but it could all still easily end in tears for Italia and Bucks
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:34 pm

Congrats to Italy and good luck against England/Denmark!
You should be specially proud each game has been entertaining for neutrals :bow: :bow: :bow:
Also, I applaud to Spain's fighting spirit until the bitter end. This young generation has got great future ahead.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:49 pm

Warrior wrote:
rincon wrote:

He is our only LB too.

He was fine. I meant is he injured ?

Because it makes no sense to remove a LB in 75th minute, to play your RB there (Di Lorenzo) and play Toloi RB.

I don't think he was injured. Mancini just wanted a better defender.

Probably not a good choice.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:52 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Inter , Bucks , Nazionale .... It sounds as an insane year for me ...
it does sound good, and happy for you, but it could all still easily end in tears for Italia and Bucks

True Laughing Anyway I prefer Inter over those 2 , year is epic but it might be jjust special  Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:52 pm

It has come to me even clearer now (as late as it is) past stats do not mean anything. One could be like Italia lost against Spain in the Euro 2008 QFs so therefore will go out but one may forget they won against France in the WC final 2006.

One can say Italia have a mental block against Spain as the 4-0 in the 2012 final displayed it but its easy to forget given Conte's brilliant Italy absolutely outplayed in the 2016 Euro Round of 16.

One can say that Spain had more experience than Italy in penalties this tournament therefore will have the advantage but keep in mind Spain went through a Switzerland who just bested (fucking) France in penalties one round before.

A lot of them mean nothing just like how Italy being the best team of the tournament meant nothing because for the first time, they were bested and Mancini who's been perfected, got it wrong.

Spain who've looked generally dire through the tournament managed to be the first team who had Italy question themselves as not even Belgium did that in their commendable performance v Italy for Mancini's Azzurri were the better team there, too.

Enrique who is more of a possessed and obsessed manager than the more composed manager Mancini is knew what he was doing today.

Spain coming off of Extra-time penalty win decided to go for pure possession to conserve their notably tired legs by then. Brilliant decision to remove any #9 with Oyarzabal, Ferran Torres and Olmo rotated within their attack. Why? Morata would have presented a reference point for Bonnuci and Cheillini to mark out like they did Lukaku so perfectly and what that did is created no one to mark and caused havoc in the first 25 minutes.

Enrique's side aimed for slow patient build-up from the back as only truly lit-up when in the final third with the wide attackers stretching out the Spinazzolla-less backline and speaking of Spina, he was a glaring miss today.

Emerson did a serviceable job in defence but lacks any pace and where Spinazzolla would create his own attacks from the back with his speed and dribbles Emerson, just is not that player.

Shows further why Spina has been the best player in the tournament.

Past 25 Italy settled as despite some very dangerous chances created Spain mostly kept possession and the problem here for Italy was glaring.

Good and tactically organised as they looked they just are not a counter-attacking team and at least v Belgium they fought for possession. They fought to retain their game and did the same in the first half but each passed looked so rush. Lobbed passes to Immobile. Rushed one-twos in the middle of the midfield and generally resembled that rookie in Fifa video game who's trying to get a game by just rushing to the net as fast as they can. Many good moments by the team but a far cry from what they were.

Immobile did look much better in the counter-attacking stage as he is used to that from his Lazio to Dortmund days but so low on confidence he is likely from the last match to his theatrics during Barella's goal even me, who's defended a players who's been good in the groups and v Austria, admit he must be benched and not for Belotti, but for an entirely new idea for the final in Wembley.

Berardi coming on did not help much for he went central and lacked the goalscoring bite that Immobile is known to have and his shots were tame. Bar one spell where Berardi looked in three successive plays including the offside-goal. Italia's lack of #9 is obvious and a huge problem.

The match should not worry Italian fans as a whole as many drawbacks were pre-existing. Bonnuci playing with a tight and hurt hamstring (Mancini knew he risked him) to life after Spinazzola to a within the game, complete surprise by Enrique who recalled the Golden Spain's way in their deliberately crafted possession.

This is Enrique coming off a terrible performance v Switzerland so no doubt the arguably better manager in Mancini will definitely rework what went wrong here.

Extra time first half was just shambolic from Italy as Mancini's subs for the first time this tournament did not pay off as Insigne coming off was correct given he was tired but it took away the creative spark up front to who has been their best attacker up front. Yes best attacker as Cheisa's goals aside he has always been a threat.

Locatelli coming on for Verratti and then Pessina coming on misbalanced the midfield as clearly Mancini near the end of the game chose to react to Spain and go for counters....

But that isn't their game..

And not a single chance of note was created in extra time as a low confidence Bernadeschi coming on for Chiesa did not help or add to much.

Thiago brought on by Enrique justified why Thiago just isn't doing it for the national team as this system does not suit the blend he needs and he is rather passive in it.

Penalties were interesting. Locatelli is a confident player and a great shooter but his tame predictable shot was easily saved by Unai.

Olmo who was the best player today by a mile still has yet to see his ball landing as last I heard it was seen sailing somewhere over Cheshire. Huge surprise he missed it.

Bonucci's penalty was my favourite as he looked in pain, is a defender and his crazy pass skills aside, not a shooter but scored easily for me the best penalty of the game.

Bernadeschi who is the most off-form player in the world blasted it past Unai and it was sensational.

And of course we have Morata. The enigma he is. The player who will somehow score in the biggest moments as he did in that brilliant one-two to split Italy open for the finish. After all the criticism by far on him all tournament. Threats, insults and harassment to his family.

He ends up stepping to the penalty spot, given he's missed god knows how many of his last ones, and misses yet again.

Today more than any game in Morata's career sums him up and just further simplifies he is a very talented but too mentally frail of a CF. He will never change.

And of course Jorginho scores the classiest penalty with that quirky hop-step that infuriates any opposition not named Italian and Chelsea fans, to seal it.

Donnarumma broke my heart here because he has been perfect all tournament was a pillar of tranquility today and is basically the best goalkeeper in the world. Penalties today proved it. This MF has been doing exactly this since he was 17.

I hate him for being a money-grubbing whore despite professing his love for Milan year after year and said I wont miss him.

I lied.

Sidenote: Chiesa earned my respect and proved me wrong this year with his exploits in the UCL and with CR on his side, outperforming CR in the UCL even, and further proved this tournament why he is an absolute fucking baller. Good God this kid has balls of steel to do what he does at times. Future star. Credit to rincon to sticking by him.

Edit: Rafael Toilet is fucking shit. Why does EVERY TEAM HAVE AN ATALANTA PLAYER in their line-up. Gasperini fuck off. Get this Oriundo off the squad.

Heartbreaking loss but I prefer Italy going through more than anyone here.

Last edited by Arquitecto on Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:54 pm

well of course Mancini is not going to change his top 11 for the final

Moreover the alternative is Belotti who 's average, at least Immobile - if it's in shape - is capable to do things that Belotti can't do it
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:57 pm

Immobile I can agree with dropping but against replace him with what?

Belotti is not what he was and hasn't been for over a year and then Berardi central? Latter is skilled as it comes but is NOT a natural goalscorer.

Maybe Mancini can take a page off of Enrique's book that a #9 is not needed and makes the front line look way less predictable.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:03 am

Great post by Arq

Well I'm surprised about Locatelli to kick penalties, I don't think he never made in career
Conversely Berardi shots them for Sassuolo and well, he is not always cold but at least used to do it..
Lack of courage by him imo

When I 've seen Jorhinho as decisive penalty kicker ... I already exulted. He gives you tranquillity, fantastic free kicker and still he proved it

But a question about Simon ... Why is he the Spain GK ?

Honestly I 've seen rarely him but he was mediocre in my eyes.
if I think to him or Kepa , I think Basque school has a problem for GKs ( for the rest 4 Basque players on pitch today , orgoglio)

Bad impressions or he was indeed a weird choice by Lucho ?

Two words about Spain Euro.
I had watched roster at the beginning of tournament and I was skeptical about them.
Then even covid problem who gave other problems to the team surely.
Performances were inconsistent, but today they were the only team to create serious troubles to Italy

I' m a bit sorry for Luis Enrique, I don' t like particulary as manager but he's a gentleman of this sport. He deserves best luck
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:04 am

I explained it during first half. Either got lost in the posts or nobody cared

Insigne and Berardi will play their usual game and cut inside. Chiesa as CF/false 9 will help the midfield and is more reliable to carry the ball (or quick combinations) even has more energy and pace to put pressure

I'm sorry Immobidone and Belotti are not starters in my team for a Euro final. Raspadori no experience so forget it. And it's not like you miss big time finishing leaving these guys on the bench.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:08 am

Robespierre wrote:Great post by Arq

Well I'm surprised about Locatelli to kick penalties, I don't think he never made in career
Conversely Berardi shots them for Sassuolo and well, he is not always cold but at least used to do it..

When I 've seen Jorhinho as decisive penalty kicker ... I already exulted. He gives you tranquillity, fantastic free kicker and still he proved it

if I think to him or Kepa , I think Basque school has a problem for GKs ( for the rest 4 Basque players on pitch today , orgoglio)

I had watched roster at the beginning of tournament and I was skeptical about them.
Performances were inconsistent, but today they were the only team to create serious troubles to Italy

I' m a bit sorry for Luis Enrique, I don' t like particulary as manager but he's a gentleman of this sport. He deserves best luck

Beginning of game. 4 Basques on field.

End of the game. Only 2. Its mostly the reason why we lost in a day they were better than Mancini's team.

Unai is a star and he was good in the penalties too, guessed most right even if it went through and was very good was Switzerland in penalties and the game. One blunder vs Croatia but he is the future of the Roja and its unlikely to change.

Enrique losing broke my heart more than Spain's loss as he just lost his 9 year old daughter Xana to Leukemia very recently and only just came back to coach Spain again. I loved the player, love the coach and love the man. He's made of iron so will come stronger.

Italy seem to always get him be it his broken nose by Tassotti in Italy vs Spain to his troubled time in Roma to now this.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:11 am

Warrior wrote:I explained it during first half. Either got lost in the posts or nobody cared

Insigne and Berardi will play their usual game and cut inside. Chiesa as CF/false 9 will help the midfield and is more reliable to carry the ball (or quick combinations) even has more energy and pace to put pressure

I'm sorry Immobidone and Belotti are not starters in my team for a Euro final. Raspadori no experience so forget it. And it's not like you miss big time finishing leaving these guys on the bench.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry but idk why the part in bold killed me
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:15 am

Immobile is a player incredibly emotional , he needs of an environment around him that gives him unconditional fiducia, he needs of environment  tailored to the  needs. that's the reason why he gave his best in Lazio or for example he was completely useless at Dortmund

I remember interview after he complained  cultural differences as a problem for him. Language , food, German habits. As when he risked a complaint for having turned on a lawn mower on Sunday Laughing

In conclusion , player who needs of a comfort zone for giving his best.

Mancini realized it, and it's reason why he insisted on him after that first period where even Lasagna was over him

I'ts late now. You've begun with Immobile, you'll finish Immobile. Hoping for a better future among CFs
Oriundizzazione works in case. I mean, that Martinelli of Arsenal if he's good. If M99 agrees.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:17 am

I feel for Pedri. What a player Barca have for the future. He has been immense.

Unfortunately it is back to reality in a few months when he goes against Casemiro. Sorry lad, he won't let you control the midfield like most teams in this tournament have let you do so
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:22 am

Jorginho and Keita is the most likeable partnership I remember*

I am not talking about players, they're fantastic , we know it, but also humanly... they are so simpatici Laughing

* sign De Roon for the most hilarious midfielder trio ever

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:24 am

Arquitecto wrote:

End of the game. Only 2. Its mostly the reason why we lost in a day they were better than Mancini's team.

Unai is a star and he was good in the penalties too, guessed most right even if it went through and was very good was Switzerland in penalties and the game. One blunder vs Croatia but he is the future of the Roja and its unlikely to change.

Enrique losing broke my heart more than Spain's loss as he just lost his 9 year old daughter Xana to Leukemia very recently and only just came back to coach Spain again. I loved the player, love the coach and love the man. He's made of iron so will come stronger.

Italy seem to always get him be it his broken nose by Tassotti in Italy vs Spain to his troubled time in Roma to now this.

and despite this he'll support Italy now, unreal human being

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:34 am

Robespierre wrote:Immobile is a player incredibly emotional , he needs of an environment around him that gives him unconditional fiducia, he needs of environment  tailored to the  needs. that's the reason why he gave his best in Lazio or for example he was completely useless at Dortmund

I remember interview after he complained  cultural differences as a problem for him. Language , food, German habits. As when he risked a complaint for having turned on a lawn mower on Sunday Laughing

In conclusion , player who needs of a comfort zone for giving his best.

Mancini realized it, and it's reason why he insisted on him after that first period where even Lasagna was over him

I'ts late now. You've begun with Immobile, you'll finish Immobile. Hoping for a better future among CFs
Oriundizzazione works in case. I mean, that Martinelli of Arsenal if he's good. If M99 agrees.

This exactly why Immobile is the way he is.

Incredibly emotional, lets the smallest misses and things get to him. Does not recover as his talent really is there. Two footed and wonderful technique but when he is not the game he wont appear even if an extra 90 mins.

He was actually good in Dortmund his Sevilla time was the bad one but he only seems to thrive when a team is build around him and usually counter-attacks.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:36 am

Robespierre wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

and despite this he'll support Italy now, unreal human being

What a man.

He did say he will support Italia for the final if they go through and I believe him for he loves them.

I feel the same as it is hard supporting Italia when Spain remains in the tournament now all my hands are on Mancini's ship to take the Cup back to Rome.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:36 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9XRxZaoWD0
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:12 am

rincon wrote:He is definitely less fit than usual, but yes. Good passing, crossing, and solid play but not a runner. Basically the opposite player as Spinazzola.

rincon wrote:
Warrior wrote:I wonder what's going with Emerson too

He is our only LB too.

farfan wrote: Emerson is of the slowest wingbacks I've seen. Laughing Was he always like this?

rincon wrote:He is definitely less fit than usual, but yes. Good passing, crossing, and solid play but not a runner. Basically the opposite player as Spinazzola.

i know the solution to this problem. THeo should marry Zoe Cristofoli and get Italian passport ... since either France or Spain isnt calling him up.

problem solved. Italy will have a killer LB, LWB Very Happy

btw thanks sportzsy for explanation to why theo hasnt been called up in France NT with the whole AWOL and insta bust.

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:18 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Warrior wrote:I explained it during first half. Either got lost in the posts or nobody cared

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry but idk why the part in bold killed me

my guy just wants to be quote-replied to that's all Laughing

@Robes, Martinelli is Brazilian
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next