Robespierre
McLewis
rincon
Myesyats
Hapless_Hans
29 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

January 2022 winter window rumours, transfers, and contracts - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2022 winter window rumours, transfers, and contracts

Post by Kaladin Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:50 am

Robespierre wrote:Yeah agree

Like that means anything Laughing , the sad fact is we will still comfortably finish in CL spots, Roma will still finish outsidd of the top 4 and Juve will sneak in at the expense of Atalanta/Napoli.

Sadly, Inter will need to present a badge of commendation to the Lega and the ref association for their assistancd during this season.

Either way, we are set up for an insane summerslam

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

January 2022 winter window rumours, transfers, and contracts - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2022 winter window rumours, transfers, and contracts

Post by Myesyats Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:46 am

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:48 am

the guy is WASHED but he's better than Luuk De Mong
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:50 am

If he helps secure top 4 this season, thats fine with me

Luuk de Jong is trash, the only good game he had was vs RM ironically
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:07 am

I'll take any bet that he'll score more goals than Benzema next season
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:03 am

Kaladin wrote:

Like that means anything Laughing , the sad fact is we will still comfortably finish in CL spots, Roma will still finish outsidd of the top 4 and Juve will sneak in at the expense of Atalanta/Napoli.

Sadly, Inter will need to present a badge of commendation to the Lega and the ref association for their assistancd during this season.

Man we have to make so many signings.

First one is the CB. I'm not a fan of playing two young players as CB's. I'd rather have one be an experienced leader. Though it doesn't look like we are going that route. Seems like Maldini wants to sign a U23 player there.

The profile matters. We need someone who is good at winning aerial duels. I think Tomori should stay as a LCB because he's better at covering all the open space Theo leaves behind.

I've seen us linked to Sven Botman who is 6'5 so Maldini seems to think the same. Issue with Botman is he's left footed. That makes building from the back better, but how good is he at defending large spaces and defending in wide areas? He'd be the one covering for Theo and Tomori would move to the opposite side playing more centrally. Not sure how that would work out.

Then midfield depends on who we'll get as a Kessie replacement. I've seen Renato Sanches links. I'm a fan of his but he is inconsistent. That being said he would have a unique profile in Serie A. How many ball carrying midfielders are there in the league? He'd give us a new transition threat from midfield.

RW and #10 are also issues. Diaz has slowed down a lot over the season and we don't have anyone to compete with him centrally. RW is a position that has needed reinforcement for years, but again I'm not sure who to suggest.

As for CF, there's no way we can go with Ibra as a starter again. He's injured every other game. What replacement do they have lined up for him? Belotti lol?

There's a lot of reinforcement that needs to be done to embark on a proper title challenge and be competitive in the CL.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:08 pm

January 2022 winter window rumours, transfers, and contracts - Page 6 FKhCdxqXIAQz3mS?format=jpg&name=small

No official announcement, and yet he already seems to be training with Barcelona. Seems like he couldn't wait to leave Arsenal Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:43 pm

This training was in the morning and Arsenal announced Auba's contract termination around 8pm, still nothing from barca Very Happy
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:38 am

Casciavit wrote:
Kaladin wrote:

First one is the CB. I'm not a fan of playing two young players as CB's. I'd rather have one be an experienced leader. Though it doesn't look like we are going that route. Seems like Maldini wants to sign a U23 player there.

The profile matters. We need someone who is good at winning aerial duels. I think Tomori should stay as a LCB because he's better at covering all the open space Theo leaves behind.

I've seen us linked to Sven Botman who is 6'5 so Maldini seems to think the same. Issue with Botman is he's left footed. That makes building from the back better, but how good is he at defending large spaces and defending in wide areas? He'd be the one covering for Theo and Tomori would move to the opposite side playing more centrally. Not sure how that would work out.

Then midfield depends on who we'll get as a Kessie replacement. I've seen Renato Sanches links. I'm a fan of his but he is inconsistent. That being said he would have a unique profile in Serie A. How many ball carrying midfielders are there in the league? He'd give us a new transition threat from midfield.

RW and #10 are also issues. Diaz has slowed down a lot over the season and we don't have anyone to compete with him centrally. RW is a position that has needed reinforcement for years, but again I'm not sure who to suggest.

As for CF, there's no way we can go with Ibra as a starter again. He's injured every other game. What replacement do they have lined up for him? Belotti lol?

There's a lot of reinforcement that needs to be done to embark on a proper title challenge and be competitive in the CL.

Yes, names for every role are Botman , Renato Sanches , Adli , David ... Essentially AC Milan management is the biggest fan of Ligue One
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:50 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Kaladin wrote:

Very nice points, on the summer:

Like you, i am not too keen on Botman particularly because he's a left-footed CB who is being touted to replace Kjaer and occupy the RCB spot - unless Tomori shifts to RCB - which i strongly oppose particulary because of the way we play Theo, as Fik covers that position seamlessly and his pace is very much needed there. All the vids i've seen of Botman, he doesn't strike me as a fast CB, his youtube highlights are filled with last ditch tackling. Additionally, i'm not sure but are there any cases in European football where a left footed CB is playing on the right? I'm struggling to think of at the moment (Maybe Nacho Fernandez from Madrid?)

On Sanches, its quite clear from this season that Tonali is being groomed to take over Kessie's specific function in the team, even so far as to go to deploy Kessie as CAM and Tonali in his place. I'm not quite convinced on Sanches, i hope that he proves me wrong though, then again we will have Pobega back from Torino, so i think we will be more than fine in this department for the time being.

Diaz needs to show up or see some grass, he's got the makings of a CAM but his balance, final decision making and shooting really need to be worked on. Its good that we'll have Adli back, he's lighting up Ligue 1 this season and is leading in assists. I don't think the management will pursue anyone for this position.

As much as i love Shoemaker, we really do need an upgrade here, someone who can add value and enhance the attacking department. I'm talking about Mahrez/Ziyech/Di Maria/whoever it may be, its a shame we missed out on Faivre. Messias is 31 and it would be a banter era move to redeem him, it hink he's an amicable stopgap solution, but for our objectives next season we would need quite the improvement. Whoever it maybe, he needs to be selfless and be able to run for the team.

We also desperately need a non-idiotic LB, i hope we offload Ballo-Toure. Hickey would be the dream.

As for CF, i lowkey hope we dont renew Ibra, he's vampiring on annual basis and shows up twice a month. I cant deny that he set the team straight with his impact off the pitch, but we do need someone who is prolific, 6'5 and isn't a dinosaur. A quick filter search shows up: De Ketelaere, Scamacca, Morata, Beto and Ajorque. Make of that what you will.

All reports point to a summer spree, with an unlimited budget according to Sky. I just hope we make the right reinforcements, and hope we get a group of life.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6