Perucho21
Valkyrja
The Demon of Carthage
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
16 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:37 pm

Yes exactly don't start Kroos +Modric. Nobody said change 70% of the team hmm

Anyways, at this point we have to make our mind up is Tchouaméni going to be our CDM or Camavinga because Tchouaméni seems to be frozen out in the big games and Camavinga is usually needed everywhere but CDM. With how Nacho played today i think we can safely say that Camavinga will play LB against Chelsea.

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:30 pm

I don't see an issue with playing Camavinga at LB for remaining CL and Copa games! We have enough quality in midfiield to handle this. Our test won't be Chelsea. It will be the series against City or Bayern.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:01 pm

We missed a huge chance to take away a comfortable lead going into the away game.

We stopped playing after our second goal. Alaba is a frustrating LB but has a good partnership with Militao at CB.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:58 pm

I don't think alaba is frustrating at LB, I prefer him there to Cama. I like Cama as a player but I prefer him playing in his right position. It's the same thing with Valverde. I would like these players to start playing more often in their preferred roles especially as our regular midfield dudes get older.

There is no reason we should go into the market for starting midfielders. We got tchou Cama and Valverde. It's a case of them getting minutes in their preferred spots before kroos and modric move on.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:05 am

Apparently we are in the lead for Bellingham. Liverpool is reportedly out. City might look like the best option as Gundogan will go to Barca.

He's the least of our needs at the moment
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:32 am

Given the options at LB, Camavinga is actually the best one we have in that position. Ideally we get a new LB and Camavinga moves to CDM where he wants to play but for the remainder of this season I want to see him as LB
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:34 am

Yh I am not sure we need Bellingham unless someone of yougsters have done a Casemiro and asked to leave at the end of the season.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:34 pm

These Bellingham rumours have been out there all season long and I struggle to understand why, if true!

Plus there is talk that both Kroos and Modric maybe back and Ceballos renewed. No matter how you add it up, it doesn’t fit and certainly an issue re starters.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:41 pm

A rumour about a new right back would be nice.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:51 pm

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2023/04/13/6438551de2704eea858b45d1.html

Ye ask and ye shall receive
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:02 pm

I love Cama at left back and he’s better there then central midfielder in my opinion. He attacks and defends at a world class level. Most fullbacks can only do one or the other
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:17 pm

The Bellington rumour just won’t go away! Today there is a reporting indicating his family think he may end up in Madrid!

I’m starting to think there is more to this than we think. As I said previously I can’t see club moving Valverde, Camavinga nor Tchouameni to make room for him.

Could it be, club is thinking of a return to 4–4-2 formation.

I could see this working if Kroos retires and Modric has a part time role for one final season. Also Ceballos and Asensio if they return could play as reserves in this formation as could Rodrygo.

For years, this was the preferred formation at Madrid and I have never understood why it completely disappeared!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:47 pm

Haven't been able/wanted to watch RM so much since the WC but some thoughts based on what I see/hear.

1. Bellingham rumors apparently came back somewhat strongly last week with Fabrizio Romano and Bild mentioning Real Madrid strongly in the race with Man City. Who knows how true this is. I haven't wanted to watch Bellingham footage so that i'm not disappointed if he doesn't come Laughing but if he is truly an elite prospect ACM/CM more or less ala Lampard/Gerrard/De Bruyne that could work in a midfield 3/2+1 configuration of Tchouameni/Camavinga, Valverde, and himself then I would welcome him. Having said this, there was something on Marca today saying that Kroos is likely staying and i'd think Modric might renew one last time, only way I can see Bellingham coming is if he has enough time, space, and opportunity and there's no way with Kroos and Modric still here imo. Ceballos on the other hand I don't think has done enough to warrant a renewal, especially if we're seriously going after Bellingham. In my eyes Ceballos has failed to reach the elite echelon as a CM and probably never will, I still see him playing at generally the same level he did when he first joined us and he's still mostly a short pass final third type of ACM. Negligible player that is again, irrelevant as depth imo if we're truly going for an elite midfielder this summer window.

2. Disappointed to hear Asensio being renewed tbh, he's kinda like Ceballos when it comes to ceiling and squad role and they're both annoying to me as they get hyped up by Spanish media, if they were from some other less sexy country there'd probably significantly less appeal. Him staying might impede us from going after another RW option (if there even is a realistic one) that could offer more interesting variables at a higher ceiling.

3. We need to look into RW, ST, RB, and LB options in the summer. Enough is enough with having no real alternatives to Benzema, Carvajal, or the RW experiments. I used to be opposed to the idea of selling Mendy but if they can get a good price for him and get a better, more complete starter then go for it.

4. Hopefully we can win the 15th but Man City will prob be pretty hard (assuming we beat Chelsea). I'm pessimistic. Has Ancelotti really earned the option to stay? Would Nagelsmann be an improvement tactically and if he would be could he plausibly hold a candle to Ancelotti's man management? If we don't win the 15th maybe we should go for Nagelsmann if he ticks enough boxes. Raul should probably go prove himself at a first division team first imo and Xabi is a sexier looking option (in more ways than one) but I still think we're still too steep of a step for him this early in his career, too unproven? Zidane i'd probably wouldn't want to see again, at least for the meanwhile, for a variety of reasons.

5. I've seen some Tchouameni criticism, I was not an advocate for him joining but since then he has impressed me here and there, sometimes he's impressed me quite a bit and had me pretty much sold pre-WC and there's some well respected Spanish analysts like Miguel Quintana and Fabian Pinero who hold a good opinion of him and often articulately explain his high ceiling, I'll root for him. I still believe (like I did at the start of the season) that we are very well positioned having Camavinga, Valverde, and Tchouameni, but we need one more elite ingredient in there. If Bellingham is actually that piece then i'd go for him but Kroos and Modric need to be transitioned out sooner rather than later.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:38 pm

MTO, as usual I find I can agree with some of what you say, but a whole lot I don’t.

First on renewals, the only announcement has been today’s that Kross is signing a one year extension.
Modric has been rumoured for months now that he will sign for a final year. Both of them back should end the Bellingham rumours but then again the noise about him never stops. As I said above I wonder if club is thinking of going back to a 4-4-2 formation?

If they did, it solves the RW issue and allows play of Rodrygo and Asensio, if he renews to play more centrally which both seem to prefer. But I see both of them reserves not starters.

Nothing has been settled yet about Ceballos nor Asensio. It’s a question of will club offer renewals and at what price and then will they accept or not. No clear indication for either of them. You like to run down both if them, but both have had good performances this year with both of them being mom on at least one occasion. But there is no doubt they are not starters. We do need depth and at least with these two are known quantities. There are a couple more likely in the mix for next year; Brahim, Arribas, and Alvaro. Plus there will likely still be the issue of Hazard!

Other renewals are Nacho, Benzema, both of whom it would be a huge surprise if not renewed and lastly Lucas, although his renewal is likely a year away. I don’t expect him to be renewed.

I agree completely with you re fullbacks. Club is bringing back Fran and he has been one of the best LBs in liga this season and apparently they are thinking of promoting Vinicius Tobias for RB. Yesterday there was a rumour they are looking at Reese again re RB. Having Tobias and Fran will help the fullback situation, but the club needs to do more to replace both Carvajal and Mendy!

Where I am in most disagreement with you is in regard to Carlo. I expect he will bring home both Copa and CL and definitely I see him finishing his contract (one more year) as he often has stated despite all these exit rumours.  What the hell has got into you re Nagelsmann! He has achieved nothing!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:06 pm

Militao and Valverde were majestic today. Absolutely wonderful.

Benzema played against us. Boy must be injured or he prayed tahajud at night. Only way I can explain him playing like he was high.

Tibu coming up big when it matters. Grande Tibu. Now do that against Haaland, muchas gracias!!

We are never winning against City without a DM. They will ping passes around Kroos and he'll just give up but knowing Carlo he will persist with this line up
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:15 am

We are starting to hit form right at the perfect time. I am still pissed Militao madr that stupid challenge against Chelsea. We needed him against Haaland. Will have to put Rudiger on him now who isn't as athletic.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:14 pm

Rudiger will be fine vs Haaland. He got over his slump early this season and has done well.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:08 pm

Looks like club has changed their mind regarding Vinicius Tobias. He still is on loan from Shaktar, club hasn’t purchased him and now he has lost his starting position with Castilla.

Same is true with Iker Bravo. Sounds like both will be returned to their clubs at end of season.

Wonder if this means they will go after a RB, maybe Reece, this summer?

And what about LB? Rumours are they will try to move Mendy and Fran is being purchased. But is that all?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:15 pm

Iker hasn't been a starter since we bought him. He was a starter for about 4-5 games before he was dropped. Most games he doesn't even get subbed on. Didn't know Tobias had lost his place. Been seeing him in training with the first team so assumed that he was near promotion

We are not making huge changes. At most we are letting go of Mariano, nudging Hazard in order to get him to leave and getting Fran back. Unless Mendy asks to move we are not putting him in the shop window. The way we tell players that they are surplus to requirements is by not offering them a new contract or offering them one with lower wages. Mendy has not been offered a new contract and unless he asks to leave this summer he'll likely leave in 2024.

Hopefully Fran makes the position his own. Mendy could he a good back up but he should be as far from the starting XI as humanly possible.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:00 am

Essy win, but frustrating that we keep conceding crappy goals every week. I actually liked our midfield today but moreso the one that finished the game. We need Cama at LB though so we won't see him in midfield unless in deadrubber LL games.

Both Cama and Vini suspended for the LaReal game. Music to my ears! Carlo said he'll "rest the most tired players" against LaReal, I suppose that mean Kroos and Benz as the other starters yesterday haven't played that many minutes.

I actually think that out of the next few games, the easiest will be the Copa final. Osasuna is in terrible form. Not sure how they sneaked into the final.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 06, 2023 11:00 pm

Camavinga >>Tchouaméni
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat May 06, 2023 11:24 pm

Tchouameni was fine tonight. Don't see any issue
Rodrygo continues to boss it no need for a RW
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 07, 2023 7:04 am

Perucho21 wrote:Tchouameni was fine tonight. Don't see any issue
I disagree. Tchouaméni is hiding behind oppo players when we have the ball in our half. We are essentially trying to get the ball out with only one midfielder because Valverde is too far up and Tcho isn't an option. Defensively I saw abit more urgency but my word Camavinga is much better both in the attacking and defensive phase.

Rodrygo is in good form but he relies on Vini and Benz having all the attention. Not sure he can do it on his own. He was shocking against LaReal. I also want to point out how amazing Vini is at helping us get out of pressure. When we get pressured they pass to Vini and 8/10 times he'll get us out of it. On the other side we retain the ball when Dani is looking for an option probably 3/10 times and I am counting both Rodrygo and Valverde here. This is also one of the reasons we went long against LaReal because we couldn't retain the ball when we played it to Asensio/Rodrygo.

Benzema chose the worst time to hit a dip in form. We'll have to rely on his scoring record against English teams, maybe that gives him an edge but right now we'll be relying on our two Brazilians to overcome City.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 07, 2023 7:24 am

Start of a new era
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun May 07, 2023 6:52 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Tchouameni was fine tonight. Don't see any issue

You think Tchouameni was good?

Look at the difference when Camavinga came into the middle

Camavinga is so much better than anyone else in that midfield role.

Tchouameni slows the came down so much. The midfield control the pace and rhythm of the game. He is slow in his decision making and forward passing.

And his defending for such a physical players is so poor.

He doesn't use any of his attributes to his advantage.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 08, 2023 4:14 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Camavinga >>Tchouaméni

I dare say they'll be a fine duo given proper game time and not what Carlo does.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next