Perucho21
Valkyrja
The Demon of Carthage
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
16 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by sportsczy Thu May 18, 2023 6:06 pm

Camavinga playing at left back was a Deschamps discovery, not Carlo.   When both Theo and Lucas Hernandez went down to injury and Deschamps wasn't allowed to call up anyone new due to new rules back during qualifying, he was forced to try both Rabiot and Camavinga at left back... and Camavinga did well.  Carlo saw that and carried on.

And if Mendy was healthy, he would have remained as the regular fullback.   So Carlo also played Camavinga as a fullback due to necessity like Deschamps.

Tchouameni has barely played since the world cup.   He was outstanding in the first half of the season, as I'm sure people aren't senile enough to forget.  He got benched to make room for Modric and Kroos to play as regulars with Valverde.  That simple.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 18, 2023 8:56 pm

Like I said, Carlo had no choice to play Camavinga at LB and if Mendy was healthy, it’s very obvious we would have been worse. I definitely did not claim that Carlo made him into a LB!  That is definitely an area that needs a complete overall. Note they are bringing back Fran who has been one of the best in la liga this season plus they are trying to get the Canadian Davies, although that is a long shot possibility.

And you obviously didn’t watch a lot of games as Tchouameni had plenty of opportunities, post WC, and didn’t impress. Like Valverde, the WC took its toil on both of them. Carlo repeatedly talked with him, saying he had confidence in him, which tells you what you should hear, he has lost confidence in his game. I don’t think it will be a problem next season with a fresh start, but back to my counterpoint to your statements, Carlo didn’t have alternatives other than Ceballos but to play both Modric and Kroos.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Thu May 18, 2023 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 18, 2023 9:02 pm

Thimmy, it seems most of these guys are in denial about what could have been done or should have been done last summer! I will agree to some points, but bottom line to me is whether they did make the moves they are talking about including keeping Casemiro, they still couldn’t overcome this City team! The addition of Haaland put them at another level such that no team including ours can touch them. Actually the biggest mistake in hindsight from Flo was not pursuing Haaland over Mbappe!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 18, 2023 9:36 pm

Yeah, I don't think there's much we could've done about this result, to be honest. I've followed both Real Madrid and Man City this season, and the gap in sustainable quality is not marginal. They have a team that can fight for all trophies and excel in every competition. They have the right mix of youth, talent and depth, as well as a manager who has the luxury of basically being able to compose his own team thanks to the resources and trust granted to him by the club board.

We're still very much in a transitional period where we're trying to figure out how to phase out our veteran players, who are elite talents by all means, but are becoming increasingly inconsistent and/or more prone to injuries. It might take a few years until we're able to reach the same level of dominance that we had not long ago, but I do think that signing Bellingham is a very good sign for things to come. I'm rarely impressed by British players, but he's been impressing me ever since he made his debut for Dortmund at only 17 years old. Moreso than being technically gifted, he has incredible maturity and decision-making for someone so young.

I was among the people who suggested that replacing Kroos and Modric was the right thing to do 2 or so seasons ago, and I was wrong. I figured it was better to rip off the band aid, rather than wait for their inevitable decline to happen, but they haven't let us down and we have have added another CL trophy to our trophy cabinet largely due to their excellent performances. But I still feel like we gambled and won, rather having made some well calculated decisions regarding those two, or our veteran players in general. I firmly believe that selling Casemiro was a good business decision. As good as he may be, I couldn't help but feel a bit relieved when he recently started his usual patch of poor form. Man United are suffering from it since he's become such an important player for them, and it's no longer our problem. Consistency matters.

Last edited by Thimmy on Thu May 18, 2023 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 18, 2023 9:43 pm

I am highly doubtful Bellingham comes to Madrid... i really believe he's going to the EPL somewhere.

Madrid needs to cover needs and then try to shoot for the moon. I don't watch much other than the top teams anymore and some Ligue 1. Is Kai Havertz available? If you want a young prospect, the young Belgium player Openda at Lens is a good investment imo. Portuguese youth Nuno Tavares at Marseille is a talented left-back on loan for Arsenal. You also have Kolo Mouani as a striker, although Bayern, Man U, and PSG are really hot on him (I think he goes to Bayern).

We need to scout the other leagues in Europe a lot better than we have been. After Mourinho and Zidane, I don't think we really have a network outside of Spain and South America.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu May 18, 2023 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 18, 2023 9:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:I am highly doubtful Bellingham comes to Madrid... i really believe he's going to the EPL somewhere.

That might be true. He doesn't have the best of alternatives, though. In one of the earliest interviews I saw from him, he claimed that he would never join Manchester City. Apparently, there's some rivalry between City and his childhood club, or something along those lines.

I think he would be perfect for Arsenal, but somehow I always doubt their ability to acquire players who aren't found in a bargain bin. Other realistic options are Liverpool and Man United... Newcastle. Newcastle actually seems like the most appealing destination among those 3 right now.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 18, 2023 9:58 pm

Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U and Newcastle for sure are going to make a play for him. I don't consider Newcastle a real option... questionable re Chelsea. But definitely Man U and Liverpool.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 18, 2023 10:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:

We need to scout the other leagues in Europe a lot better than we have been. After Mourinho and Zidane, I don't think we really have a network outside of Spain and South America.

They have picked up 2 from France, well three really, but let’s stay with success stories and now are interested in 3 playing in Germany!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 18, 2023 11:18 pm

I hope it's true Bill.

I hope one of them is either Kolo Mouani or Nkunku.  They're the type of players that would work perfectly with Vini ALTHOUGH Nkunku prefers the left side.   Complete forwards that can score and play on a wing.  Both defend too.  

Benz should still be ok next year... so plug one of them on the right.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 18, 2023 11:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:I hope it's true Bill.

I hope one of them is either Kolo Mouani or Nkunku.  They're the type of players that would work perfectly with Vini ALTHOUGH Nkunku prefers the left side.   Complete forwards that can score and play on a wing.  Both defend too.  

Benz should still be ok next year... so plug one of them on the right.

I’m not so sure about Benz. They need to add someone to back him up and can play. The one player in system is Alvaro!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri May 19, 2023 1:17 am

titosantill wrote:Now that was an ass whooping if I ever saw one. Not much to say tbh

Right?! Just a proper beating and all I can do is just shrug. In any case, Madrid knows what it needs to do and if they wanna remain competitive in Europe, they are gonna have to either be really good at scouting or see how good their credit line is with the banks of Spain.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri May 19, 2023 5:30 pm

Carlo and the team respected haaland too much. There is many reasons we lost to the hipster's team. If I were to single out the main reason, it is that because we were so focused on haaland not scoring, we couldn't properly shutdown the rest of the Joke city team. Reminds me of when we let farsa win because we're too focused on mehssi that we ignore his partners in crime in the past. Pinpointing and focusing on one man is never good. Defending against and as a team will always be better and in this we failed. Nvm the age factor and the form. And the hipster capitalized on us worrying on haaland. In the end we did exactly what we said we would do. we wouldn't let haaland score. But look what it cost us. Carlo made quite the mistake. It happens.

The hipster now realizes that actually having a real forward and a one with renown at that has it benefits. For him to beat us, he actually abandoned his hipster ways and actually used proper tactics against us. It seems pep guardiola has evolved a little since last year. It matters not, next year he won't be so fortunate.

From what I'm hearing, the club has total confidence in Carlo and this pleases me. I wont deny our season could have been better but considering our form and we played out the season so far we can't complain all things considered.

If I am to be disappointed with one player in particular it would be militao. Rather than going from strength to strength, he seems to have regressed this season. Too many games we concede regardless whether we play an actual dm or not and I don't think it's a coincidence.

In any case Carlo still has my absolute trust. I look forward to the rest of this season and towards the summer.

In particular if we are to get a young forward who can give benzema rest. I believe we may actually find a potential good heir to Benzema in Kolo Muani. He may not have the scoring stats that we expect but what I admire is the work ethic he possesses and his physical traits. From what I observe he seems to understand the team game and isn't selfish which is a plus in my book. And for guy that is 6'2 he is genuinely fast. Great potential I see in him. Sports is correct to recommend him. A shame he is hotly pursued by many.

I believe Bellingham will come. If he is truly a madridista he will come. Time will tell whether he is genuine or if he's another mbappe but I'm confident that it's the former.

And if you ask me between mbappe and haaland. I'd answer kolo muani. In a better team I think muani could explode and with his athleticism he can give us the edge on the counter. Mbappe had his chance. Guy can rot in Paris. Benzema's time will sooner or later come to an end. If it were upto me, I'd sign kolo muani right now. Endrick will arrive but he will need competition.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 21, 2023 7:35 pm

Soooooo

If Carlo actually gets another season, I would genuinely be shocked.

Also, ignoring all the noise, Madrid played bad and deserved nothing from this game.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 21, 2023 10:08 pm

Next year is going to be painful unless we really strengthen this team with impact players and Carlo plays the kids beyond the first half of the season. He won't knowing Carlo... so it's going to be painful lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 21, 2023 10:49 pm

Mendy delivering his Mendy special for the goal. Then we play against a team that bunker up and we have no solution yet again. Zidane’s cross and insha'Allah tacticts was much better than this.

Benz the Internet warrior but a pussy captain. Give that armband to someone else fella
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 22, 2023 1:29 am

Lord Vasquez actually was the real captain on the field. Again, I know Tito doesn't think highly of such things but this is where a proper captain is really necessary.

I also really miss the likes of Pepe, Hierro, Sanchis, Ramos et al who would have handled that situation (and in general) absolutely the worst by honestly standing up to the Valencia players. A lil fight here, a lil hard tackle there, just to remind them to pick and choose their battles.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon May 22, 2023 2:43 am

@doc, two different things. i disagree with a captain being needed to prevent our players from expressing themselves on the pitch (i think the argument we had was someone to keep vini in check. which i didnt agree with). But i do agree that captains should step up for teammates. i mean that's one of the biggest parts of the job. i don't know, maybe the senior players still had their minds on the city game. i can't explain it.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 22, 2023 9:05 am

He should be our captain
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13